Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:04 am

And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Didn’t get that playoff match to say goodbye properly.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

What was your favourite game at Ninian park and why?

Leeds FA Cup for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 am

D’oh it was yesterday.

My Facebook back in the days I had to upload pictures the day after.

25 April 2009 last game at Ninian park.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am

It was a terrible last performance too - only matched by the fireworks and farewell afterwards. Club must have bought a £5 box of Standard fireworks from the newsagents. (:

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 am

maccydee wrote:And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

Leeds FA Cup for me.

Would be more like your FIRST ever match! You’ve only got 5 fingers on one hand and we can still count the games you’ve been at ON THAT HAND.

Do the people of Cottesmore know they’ve got a huge knob head in their midst? Start following Cottesmore AFC they would be more your level and you’d be closer to playing with your toy planes.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
maccydee wrote:And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Leeds FA Cup for me.

Would be more like your FIRST ever match! You’ve only got 5 fingers on one hand and we can still count the games you’ve been at ON THAT HAND.

Do the people of Cottesmore know they’ve got a huge knob head in their midst? Start following Cottesmore AFC they would be more your level and you’d be closer to playing with your toy planes.

Ha ha I actually like that reply.

Thank you Pulis you have made me chuckle.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 am

maccydee wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Leeds FA Cup for me.

Ha ha I actually like that reply.

Thank you Pulis you have made me chuckle.

Glad you liked it sent in jest. Enjoy your day.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Newport County Dec 82.. football very exciting then.. didn’t need to pretend a matchday experience existed.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:53 pm

mugsy wrote:It was a terrible last performance too - only matched by the fireworks and farewell afterwards. Club must have bought a £5 box of Standard fireworks from the newsagents. (:

going to that game it never crossed my mind it would be our last game there...

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 pm

P1020613.jpg

P1020603.JPG

P1020661.JPG

P1020619.JPG

P1020627.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

P1020635.JPG

P1020648.JPG

P1020650.JPG

P1020656.JPG

P1020641.JPG

Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 pm

That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

A sad farwell to our beloved and historic ground... :cry:

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Sven wrote:That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

Players must have been gutted the way the season ended.

Not sure which was worse. That or the year we threw away automatic promotion.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:01 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

Players must have been gutted the way the season ended.

Not sure which was worse. That or the year we threw away automatic promotion.

I can appreciate the players were disappointed Neil; almostvas much as us supporters. It was just such a flat day after an eventful and (stadium) historic day :thumbright:

I think the auto situation was the worse, Neil; that was a double whammy, as we blew the Play-offs, too :cry:

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Was a shambles, both the team’s performance and that excuse of a fairwell celebration with the shite firework display and the Poundland balls. Went in the Corp after the game and watched Preston get a late winner in their game on Sky. Knew we wouldn’t get in the playoffs after that.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 pm

I have a match program for that game signed by the city team

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:I have a match program for that game signed by the city team

Unlucky :)

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:14 am

That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:35 am

Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.

its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10 am

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....

That six nil loss to Preston was what really done for us. Twelve goal turnaround. Bonkers.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

That six nil loss to Preston was what really done for us. Twelve goal turnaround. Bonkers.

with hindsight you can blame a number of things... but even assuming they would win their 2 we still had 3 games to get 2 points after that preston result or 1 point providing we did not throw a 6 goal advantage away as well

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:32 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

with hindsight you can blame a number of things... but even assuming they would win their 2 we still had 3 games to get 2 points after that preston result or 1 point providing we did not throw a 6 goal advantage away as well

Yep. Absolute capitulation.

The boys give up.