" Man Utd fans break into Old Trafford - Game Postponed "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Man Utd fans break into Old Trafford - Game Postponed

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:The same ones crying will be more than likely paying there daft money sipping bovril with a few claps inside old trafford soon no doubt all while lining the same pocklets there protesting against.

Modern football and its backwards fans in most cases, you know the ones with a big banner "Modern football is a rip off" inside the ground just after paying £50 for a ticket then moan to there other delusional protesting mates sat by them why have we not spent 50 million on a certain player and won the last 7 league titles on the spin :roll:

Although i totally agree with what they done vs the greedy owners only if they do a full BOYCOTT. it will only get worse as i can see some of the other greedy super league clubs fans doing the same but some big names players or a league title will cover over the real issues for most of them no doubt as that's all most are interested in is spend spend spend then protest against the owners once that stops, its all bonkers but the super league bollocks was the tipping point for most of these clubs fans, total piss take.

Gotta disagree here. I understand your point about the hypocrisy of complaining after already paying for tickets, merch, food, etc but the fans boycotting at these larger clubs wouldn't change anything as there's a huge amount of people willing to take their place. When you look at the waiting lists for the season tickets for these clubs it can be years and years long. A boycott at a club like Man Utd wouldn't change the amount of tickets sold as those boycotting would be replaced and no revenue lost.

At least inside the ground their voices can be heard by players, owners, TV companies and viewing audiences.
WestCoastBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:The same ones crying will be more than likely paying there daft money sipping bovril with a few claps inside old trafford soon no doubt all while lining the same pocklets there protesting against.

Modern football and its backwards fans in most cases, you know the ones with a big banner "Modern football is a rip off" inside the ground just after paying £50 for a ticket then moan to there other delusional protesting mates sat by them why have we not spent 50 million on a certain player and won the last 7 league titles on the spin :roll:

Although i totally agree with what they done vs the greedy owners only if they do a full BOYCOTT. it will only get worse as i can see some of the other greedy super league clubs fans doing the same but some big names players or a league title will cover over the real issues for most of them no doubt as that's all most are interested in is spend spend spend then protest against the owners once that stops, its all bonkers but the super league bollocks was the tipping point for most of these clubs fans, total piss take.

I see where you're coming from but the issue with a boycott at a club the size of that, is there will always be others to take their place in the stands.

I don't know what percentage of their stadium is season ticket holders but if those who keep their season tickets don't go, will it even be noticeable?

They'd still be lining the pockets of the Glazers anyway. But if they don't renew, there's loads of people out there who will take their place.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluesince62 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:Some have been reportedly overturning cars away from the ground now...

Mark well overstepped now... :banghead:

Yeah cos its joe bloggs' fault so turn his car over F@CKIN MORONS!!

Paul, it's just crazy but (sadly) very Manchester... :cry:

Until then Chris I supported what they were doing, but as some say above, there are those who just want to kick off in the wrong way, thus tarnishing the majority of other protesters, not calling them all morons, but the few that carried out totally unnecessary vandalism to innocent people's property? Dicks!!

So all of our fans who campaigned against the rebrand are pricks because a minority of them got violent?

I know someone has suggested you re read my post, have you? It's very clear I said nothing of the sorts, and you accuse me of calling our fans dicks??
Please read the post again, wrecking innocent people's property will be highlighted and will tarnish the protest, WHICH I SUPPORT :roll: no apology needed ;) :old: :bluebird:

I'm glad you say "no apology needed", because you're not getting an apology from me. I don't need to apologise.

The far bigger issue is why they protested and what they achieved by it.

You chose to comment and draw attention to the very limited amount of violent behaviour there was, which is what the media are trying to portray.

People marching outside the stadium with a few banners would have done nothing.

But these actions have successfully caused a high-profile match to be postponed. That is a fantastic achievement by these fans. Millions all over the world would have seen what they think about the Glazer family and ESL.

As I said, there are a few idiots, as there are with all protests. Such as the person who tried to throw a flare at the Sky gantry. But these are very isolated incidents.

Even those on the pitch, I fully understand why they did it and support them in that. They are feeling very angry and emotional. They have been for years and haven't been listened to. But, as I said, they have successfully caused a big match to be postponed in front of millions of people. That's a great achievement after what has happened over last couple of weeks and, before that, the last 16 years.

The vast majority should be very proud of what they achieved. That wouldn't have happened if they just walked up to outside the stadium with a few banners.

Yeah ok!! Shows your character in truth! What are the headlines today then??????? All about the MORONIC few! I said no apology needed, yet you mention that word three times in opening paragraph
If you feel you dont need to apologise for misunderstanding my post fine! No skin off my shit so to speak.
bluesince62

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 03, 2021 1:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:Some have been reportedly overturning cars away from the ground now...

Until then Chris I supported what they were doing, but as some say above, there are those who just want to kick off in the wrong way, thus tarnishing the majority of other protesters, not calling them all morons, but the few that carried out totally unnecessary vandalism to innocent people's property? Dicks!!

So all of our fans who campaigned against the rebrand are pricks because a minority of them got violent?

I know someone has suggested you re read my post, have you? It's very clear I said nothing of the sorts, and you accuse me of calling our fans dicks??
Please read the post again, wrecking innocent people's property will be highlighted and will tarnish the protest, WHICH I SUPPORT :roll: no apology needed ;) :old: :bluebird:

I'm glad you say "no apology needed", because you're not getting an apology from me. I don't need to apologise.

You chose to comment and draw attention to the very limited amount of violent behaviour there was, which is what the media are trying to portray.

But these actions have successfully caused a high-profile match to be postponed. That is a fantastic achievement by these fans. Millions all over the world would have seen what they think about the Glazer family and ESL.

As I said, there are a few idiots, as there are with all protests. Such as the person who tried to throw a flare at the Sky gantry. But these are very isolated incidents.

Even those on the pitch, I fully understand why they did it and support them in that. They are feeling very angry and emotional. They have been for years and haven't been listened to. But, as I said, they have successfully caused a big match to be postponed in front of millions of people. That's a great achievement after what has happened over last couple of weeks and, before that, the last 16 years.

The vast majority should be very proud of what they achieved. That wouldn't have happened if they just walked up to outside the stadium with a few banners.

Ned have to ask what prompted the postponement of game the peaceful protest or the violence caused by the minority?
Previous demos did nothing and wont do anything to make glaziers or krondike sell up ... .. only solution to this is for legislative powers to be introduced because can be sure as hell it will resurface in another guise at some point as these owners want the money from tv just like real & barca have done in le liga....... lets just hope yesterday does not start a snowball situation this weekend and have other games called off because of the minority.

The media are making it look like those that were in the stadium caused the game to be postponed but that's not right.

The stadium was secure later on in the day.

The biggest issue is that Liverpool's team buses would have to travel through Manchester to get to the stadium. Emotions were clearly running high and it was deemed too dangerous.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 03, 2021 1:52 pm

Sky Sports:
A Policeman was slashed in the face with a bottle after Manchester Utd fans stormed the pitch at Old Trafford forcing their clash with Liverpool to be scrapped.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Yeah ok!! Shows your character in truth! What are the headlines today then??????? All about the MORONIC few! I said no apology needed, yet you mention that word three times in opening paragraph
If you feel you dont need to apologise for misunderstanding my post fine! No skin off my shit so to speak.

You've said it all in your post there by mentioning what the headlines are like.

The media are portraying the very limited number of people who were on the pitch and got violent as the problem.

That's because the media want you to blame the fans and they want you to think those are the ones that caused the game to be postponed.

It is categorically not true.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Sven wrote:

It's hard to disagree with this, Ian; it is (as we see above) an emotive subject depending on any individuals view of what they feel is warranted or otherwise...

It seems that whilst appreciating that real supporters have a right to protest when they feel their club is being mis-run and they (as supporters) are being largely ignored, there is a balance to be had when protesting

For me, I believe that as soon as even 'some' go down the violent and wrecking route, the credibility of the whole is compromised

I don't know why yesterday other than it was a big game but I agree that the only way they will truly grab the right attention is to boycott once they are allowed to go back in; but looking at the actual numbers involved, it seems that is unlikely...

Interesting that someone brought up our own situation from a few years ago. Not the same by a long chalk but there were common factors i.e. the relatively low numbers of supporters who were concerned enough to either protest or walk away, and the involvement of certain groups/individuals who ensured those figures stayed low...

Clearly, it's all open to opinion and interpretation and that's why this debate is going so strongly :thumbright:

Talking of money whilst arsenal fans have a beef about investing in team ever since moved to Emirates man u fans cannot complain about same as club as invested 700m+ on players ....man c cant say they've not invested in club only need look at their campus to see that.... chelsea plenty investment in team....... spurs same situation as arsenal ground before team..... liverpool owners probably on par with utd wanted fans to pay for ground expansion but after protests dropped the plans and probable expansion .... so to acuse owners of greed is a bit rich considering the money clubs have spent on players to keep fans happy.... the bigger picture of taking money away from pyramid system as already been facilitated but efl and fa in allowing these clubs to cream off overseas tv rights for themselves! so again but rich from football authorities to complain as they've encouraged them..... just an alternative look at what's happening...... as I've said legislative powers are required to stop clubs and football authorities from stitching up rest of uk football like been doing over the years.
pembroke allan

Re: " Man Utd fans break into Old Trafford to protest "

Postby maccydee » Mon May 03, 2021 3:10 pm

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:A, few thousand outside and inside.
The, rest are travelling from all over the world.

Most sychophantic 'fans' in world football... :roll:

Understand their frustrations re the Glazers though and it's always hard to know the 'best' way to get their points across to an ownership that simply doesn't care about them, just about the money...

For me, what they did today was not the answer

Yep, should be docked points.

What are their frustrations though? They have spent net 800 million over the last 10 years or so. If they were winning they wouldn’t be protesting.
maccydee

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Understand their frustrations re the Glazers though and it's always hard to know the 'best' way to get their points across to an ownership that simply doesn't care about them, just about the money...

What are their frustrations though? They have spent net 800 million over the last 10 years or so. If they were winning they wouldn’t be protesting.

Except the protests against the Glazers reached their peak in 2010, when they were winning titles and getting to Champions League finals.

They had no debt when the Glazers came in, now they're drowning in debt with the Glazers taking obscene amounts of money out of the club.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby skidemin » Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

It's hard to disagree with this, Ian; it is (as we see above) an emotive subject depending on any individuals view of what they feel is warranted or otherwise...

It seems that whilst appreciating that real supporters have a right to protest when they feel their club is being mis-run and they (as supporters) are being largely ignored, there is a balance to be had when protesting

For me, I believe that as soon as even 'some' go down the violent and wrecking route, the credibility of the whole is compromised

I don't know why yesterday other than it was a big game but I agree that the only way they will truly grab the right attention is to boycott once they are allowed to go back in; but looking at the actual numbers involved, it seems that is unlikely...

Interesting that someone brought up our own situation from a few years ago. Not the same by a long chalk but there were common factors i.e. the relatively low numbers of supporters who were concerned enough to either protest or walk away, and the involvement of certain groups/individuals who ensured those figures stayed low...

Clearly, it's all open to opinion and interpretation and that's why this debate is going so strongly :thumbright:

Talking of money whilst arsenal fans have a beef about investing in team ever since moved to Emirates man u fans cannot complain about same as club as invested 700m+ on players ....man c cant say they've not invested in club only need look at their campus to see that.... chelsea plenty investment in team....... spurs same situation as arsenal ground before team..... liverpool owners probably on par with utd wanted fans to pay for ground expansion but after protests dropped the plans and probable expansion .... so to acuse owners of greed is a bit rich considering the money clubs have spent on players to keep fans happy.... the bigger picture of taking money away from pyramid system as already been facilitated but efl and fa in allowing these clubs to cream off overseas tv rights for themselves! so again but rich from football authorities to complain as they've encouraged them..... just an alternative look at what's happening...... as I've said legislative powers are required to stop clubs and football authorities from stitching up rest of uk football like been doing over the years.

you think its a bit rich of fans who accuse owners who have taken hundreds of millions out of clubs of greed , because their football clubs have actually bought players... ?
and as for the creaming off.... the overseas TV money is only as big as it is because those clubs are very popular abroad....
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Mon May 03, 2021 4:16 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

And to highlight my point, bbc reporting 2 hrs ago, "violent protests" etc etc!! The minority have ruined what was until then a great protest :twisted:

the BBC..... yep, its what they do on every topic these days.... take a side and then highlight and sensationalise a minority doing wrong...., but if theyve picked the other side of the argument they just ignore every single negative from or about that side........ im sure you can think of quite a few recently....
skidemin

Postby maccydee » Mon May 03, 2021 4:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Except the protests against the Glazers reached their peak in 2010, when they were winning titles and getting to Champions League finals.

They had no debt when the Glazers came in, now they're drowning in debt with the Glazers taking obscene amounts of money out of the club.

Protests against the Glazers started in 2010 after they finished second to Chelsea. Tailed off a bit until SAF retired as they haven’t had proper success since. Since 2013 the protests have increased in line with their poor performance inspite of massive spending.

Is it not the Glazers who have turned them into the global commercial juggernaut they are currently? It is being run as a business as opposed to their noisy neighbours and Chelsea and I think that’s what irritates them the most.

I don’t really get it. Apart from not winning what’s changed?
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon May 03, 2021 5:04 pm

There are similarities between our situation and Man Utd.

When Sam bought us he used loans secured against the club. Paid himself a significant wage too. Had the stadium project been delivered under Sam it probably would have worked out but as it wasn’t the egg men made the money from that and Cardiff had to pay Langstone (Sam) back.

Obviously different figures to what happens with United but the premise is similar.
maccydee

Postby skidemin » Mon May 03, 2021 5:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

frustrations are that the glaziers bought the club with borrowed money leveradged against the club...
so far the debt repayments , interest payments plus dividends to the glaziers amount to a billion pounds... having invested . not a penny.... most fans see an alternative use for the money like winning things....
what the Glaziers have done is not illegal just business ..... just fans do no see football as business
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

You've said it all in your post there by mentioning what the headlines are like.

The media are portraying the very limited number of people who were on the pitch and got violent as the problem.

That's because the media want you to blame the fans and they want you to think those are the ones that caused the game to be postponed.

It is categorically not true.

I know its not true!! But I said it would detract from a protest I AGREED WITH, and it has?? So what do you mean I'VE said it all? I was saying whatcwould happen that's all, I dont write the headlines ffs! Ive supported a club that for a long time were portrayed as bad, due to a mindless section of fans,this one! So I know what headlines suit the media,we weren't all "crew".
bluesince62

Postby robjohn » Tue May 04, 2021 6:19 am

The main issue is that once again the working class being demonised, middle class numpties and blm marxists

attack the police and media cheers it on, the establishment hate the working class that much is obvious.

The bbc/sky etc are a disgrace they are full of privately educated numbskulls who cheer on far left crap.
robjohn

Previous

Return to General Chat