Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Derby EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Fina

Mon May 10, 2021 11:32 am

UPDATED:

The Times:

Derby County could still be relegated from the Championship this season after the club lost an appeal by the EFL to sanction them for a breach of financial rules.

EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation.

EXCLUSIVE: Derby could still be RELEGATED from the Championship after EFL win appeal to find they did breach Financial Fair Play rules... and a three-point deduction THIS season would send them down despite last-day survival

Derby County could yet be relegated from the Championship after the EFL won its appeal to find the club in breach of Financial Fair Play rules.

The sanction is still to be determined, but we are told that anything from a fine to a points deduction is possible, and that could be applied to the current season or the next campaign.

Were the independent panel who decide on the punishment to impose even a three-point penalty on this season, it would relegate Wayne Rooney’s side to League One.

A three-point deduction applied to this season would see Wayne Rooney's side relegated to League One
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ WAYNE ROONEY / DERBY COULD BE RELEGATED “

Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 pm

Got a feeling they will give any punishment to next season hope not and they do get relegated

Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Sky Sports:

Relegated Wycombe are considering legal action - to send Derby down from the Championship instead of them.

Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Got a feeling they will give any punishment to next season hope not and they do get relegated

Yes thats how i see it.

Mon May 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Got a feeling they will give any punishment to next season hope not and they do get relegated

Yes thats how i see it.

Thought I read somewhere that Covid and its impact financially has given EUFA cause to possibly rethink FFP?

Mon May 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Would love to see it but I honestly don't think they will be deducted points.

Even if they do it will probably be from next season

Mon May 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Was Sheffield Wednesday's rolled over from previous season, as this surely will have a bearing?

Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 pm

JulesK wrote:Was Sheffield Wednesday's rolled over from previous season, as this surely will have a bearing?

yes it was but that didnt stop them taking 12 points off and relegating Wigan.. looks like they toss a coin.

Mon May 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Would love it if Wycombe stayed up. How

Mon May 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Look, I wanted Derby to go down.

But not like this.

The regular season has ended and the teams that are in the bottom three should be the teams who are relegated. That shouldn't be changed now.

Tue May 11, 2021 12:40 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Look, I wanted Derby to go down.

But not like this.

The regular season has ended and the teams that are in the bottom three should be the teams who are relegated. That shouldn't be changed now.

But Sheffield Wednesday only went down due to a points deduction.

Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 am

philrogers wrote:

But not like this.

Which was implemented at the start of the season.

My point is it's not right to impose a points deduction after the regular season has ended.

Not many times will I stick up for Derby, but I will on this.

Tue May 11, 2021 5:56 am

EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation

The Times:

Derby County could still be relegated from the Championship this season after the club lost an appeal by the EFL to sanction them for a breach of financial rules.

Re: Updated: Derby EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach

Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 am

Knowing how little the EFL do to punish teams, I think Derby will just get a fine. Sadly because i want them relegated.

Tue May 11, 2021 8:35 am

Typical football authorities wait until season over then end up with this? Its not as if it's just happened derby been flaunting rules for several years like other clubs.... now come end season they are going to cause disarmamony amongst clubs.

Tue May 11, 2021 9:02 am

Give them a deduction for next season, positive advantage for us.

Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 am

philrogers wrote:

But not like this.

Agree with this. Just hit them hard for next season when it's all known from Day 1 :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am

But not like this.

Wigan did not finish in the bottom 3 last season...then got relegated in probably the least fair points deduction ever while Derby cheated and look like they will get away with it...

Tue May 11, 2021 11:29 am

skidemin wrote:

But not like this.

Wigan did not finish in the bottom 3 last season...then got relegated in probably the least fair points deduction ever while Derby cheated and look like they will get away with it...

I didn't agree with that either.

But two wrongs don't make a right, do they?

Tue May 11, 2021 11:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

But not like this.

however unfair / wrong you might view a decision or rule it should be applied evenly whether that a wrong or viewed as 27 wrongs...... its not its all random ...
i think Derby are more guilty than most of breaking and bending rules and down right cheating than Wigan have ever been.... WHU fined, Shef Utd relegated.. QPR promoted as champions instead of a points deduction... Wednesday relegated with a points deduction this year but Derby might not be... and as for what happened at Luton ...

Tue May 11, 2021 1:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

But not like this.

however unfair / wrong you might view a decision or rule it should be applied evenly whether that a wrong or viewed as 27 wrongs...... its not its all random ...
i think Derby are more guilty than most of breaking and bending rules and down right cheating than Wigan have ever been.... WHU fined, Shef Utd relegated.. QPR promoted as champions instead of a points deduction... Wednesday relegated with a points deduction this year but Derby might not be... and as for what happened at Luton ...

Sounds like they've been found guilty of manipulating players contracts namely Rooney! He was employed as player coach to avoid ffp but in fact was a player due to fact club had sponsorship to pay his wages probably other irregular things knowing derby get what they deserve but bet it wont be 12 points deducted or sanctions be this season

Tue May 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Derby County
Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case against Derby.
The snow drift seems to be getting higher all the time.

Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm

stickywicket wrote:Derby County
Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case against Derby.
The snow drift seems to be getting higher all the time.

Seems they have an accounting problem? They're abacus must be missing a few beans! :laughing6:

Tue May 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes thats how i see it.

That's the way the FA do things - But who knowns with this :?