Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Cardiff City debts remain excess of £100m.

By Paul Abbandonato Chief Sports writer

Media Wales

Cardiff City have announced £12.2m losses following their relegation from the Premier League
Cardiff City made loss of £12.2million following relegation from the Premier League, the club accounts tell us.

The club's debt remains in excess of £100m, with the bulk of that figure owed to the Bluebirds' Malaysian owner Vincent Tan, some to banks and an unknown Director.

Probably the most significant- and generally reassuring- piece of information in the accounts.
A Quiet Monkfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:17 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The book valuation of the stadium for £80 million is a farce and concerning. Who is going to ever buy it? No one I hope. Simply a means Tan can leverage and borrow on clubs behalf.

And the amount of money going the way of Directors, most of which I'm guessing goes to Chairman Dalman, is shocking for an organisation with heavy losses.

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Instalments, agents fees the lot.

I agree with introducing more transparency with regard to transfer/agent fees and instalments.

However I'm not sure Dalman has received any monies directly from CCFC. The accounts state that his firm received 'consultancy' fees (probably for facilitating the loans secured against future TV revenues), which is different from paying Dalman directly. What Dalman received then from his company in commission is unknown or even if he received a commission at all.

The £500,000 odd amount which was paid to the highest paid director most likely is paid to Ken Choo who is an executive director as well as CEO. An executive director is a member of a board who is also an employee of the company with management responsibilities. So Ken Choo would be a more likely recipient of the £500k than Dalman.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The book valuation of the stadium for £80 million is a farce and concerning. Who is going to ever buy it? No one I hope. Simply a means Tan can leverage and borrow on clubs behalf.

And the amount of money going the way of Directors, most of which I'm guessing goes to Chairman Dalman, is shocking for an organisation with heavy losses.

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Installments, agents fees the lot.

Try telling Tans followers, their obsession for him, has started to forget about what really matters our club.

Right back at you Annis.

Literally your obsession with Tan means you forget that he saved our club and continues to fund the club with HIS MONEY!! that’s what matters to our club.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:37 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Try telling Tans followers, their obsession for him, has started to forget about what really matters our club.

Well some fans think that financially supporting CCFC because we have more outgoings than incomings is what really matters to our club. I wouldn't call that an obsession I would call it gratitude.

Also no-one saw the Covid crisis coming and the affect that would have on the personal finances of Tan. His companies are heavily reliant on the leisure industry which has been devastated during the pandemic.

Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to understand that plans to make us debt free by 2021 will have to be put on hold and met at a later date. At the end of the day whilst everything is not perfect @ our football club we do have the ability to continue to trade and survive at this level, whilst many more clubs won't have that luxury.

And a luxury we didn’t have when he took us over.

We literally didn’t have any money to fund the club.

That’s a matter of court record.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:38 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Media Wales

Cardiff City have announced £12.2m losses following their relegation from the Premier League
Cardiff City made loss of £12.2million following relegation from the Premier League, the club accounts tell us.

The club's debt remains in excess of £100m, with the bulk of that figure owed to the Bluebirds' Malaysian owner Vincent Tan, some to banks and an unknown Director.

Probably the most significant- and generally reassuring- piece of information in the accounts.

Straight to the point facts.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby barnet blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 am

They keep putting the stadium down as part of their assets, yet they can not sell it, so its false
barnet blue

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:48 am

barnet blue wrote:They keep putting the stadium down as part of their assets, yet they can not sell it, so its false

Hmm I wonder who knows more about accounting?
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Media Wales

It’s reassuring that it’s to Tan.

That’s a good thing and why we aren’t on court facing being wound up by HMRC regularly.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:53 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Media Wales

That’s a good thing and why we aren’t on court facing being wound up by HMRC regularly.

For me its not and i stand by that, he has lost two thirds of his own wealth.

I personally dont trust him.

Plus its also to others.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby barnet blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am

maccydee wrote:
barnet blue wrote:They keep putting the stadium down as part of their assets, yet they can not sell it, so its false

Keith, your view on the stadium being part of City's assets, is it false?
barnet blue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:03 am

barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

City got 150yr lease on ground so it is an asset for accounting purposes which is what's being said......not sure why you think Keith is wrong when he is a person who knows more about the clubs accounting than your average city fan.. :o
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

City got 150yr lease on ground so it is an asset for accounting purposes which is what's being said......not sure why you think Keith is wrong when he is a person who knows more about the clubs accounting than your average city fan.. :o

Because he is a massive clown.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Media Wales

Plus its also to others.

No reason not to trust him Annis.

He has converted significant amounts of debt into equity.

Covid has impacted us like it has many other clubs. Thankfully (despite being reduced by a third) he still has deep pockets and honour won’t allow him to simply chin us off.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:Thanks, Keith :thumbup:

Enlightening and informative as ever... :ayatollah:

Chris very informative and enlightening but still people only see what they want to see and use various figures to prove points for and against tan and club..... think its time people stopped believing Dalman whatever he says because he makes things up like sala case we'll go bust if have to pay yet it clearly states provisions made for it which as been stated previously as well.....far to many amateur accountants on here who can't even use an abacus. :o

Allan on three different occasions Tan / Dalman said we would be debt free, well 12 years later and we are not, so yes there is concern and rightly so.

Tan in 2013 said “in days we will be debt free” it’s now 2022.

Are we not allowed to ask questions Allan?

Is this forum not for debates and discussions or do you want us to be dictated to?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Media Wales

Plus its also to others.

No reason not to trust him Annis.

He has converted significant amounts of debt into equity.

Covid has impacted us like it has many other clubs. Thankfully (despite being reduced by a third) he still has deep pockets and honour won’t allow him to simply chin us off.

Neil,

Covid is one year out of 12 yrs, three false promises.
All clubs are suffering from Covid, this has nothing to do with why I don’t trust him.

Tan told me to my face as we walked for over 3 hrs, would not touch out badge and would rethink about turning us red, then net gain and said we would never turn back lol

As to finances I do not trust Dalman

Remember I have met Dalman 20 plus times and Tan three times.

So I can give my honest opinion :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ninian1962 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Thanks Allan. It is most certainly an asset in at least three respects

1. Any future owner or investor would not have the cost of building a modern stadium as it is already in place. Look at the contrast with clubs like Sheffield Wednesday whose stadium needs major work done on it at a huge cost.

2. It would now cost £80m to replace it. The actual value of it when completed was already substantially higher than its cost in the accounts as we got the land for free and also £9m from the sale of Ninian Park towards it.

3. The stadium can be hired out , not just for Wales games but also for concerts , corporate conferences etc. The days of a stadium only being used on club matchdays have long gone. Many clubs , even at our Championship level , don`t have as good a set up for these events as we do.
Ninian1962

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

1. Any future owner or investor would not have the cost of building a modern stadium as it is already in place. Look at the contrast with clubs like Sheffield Wednesday whose stadium needs major work done on it at a huge cost.

2. It would now cost £80m to replace it. The actual value of it when completed was already substantially higher than its cost in the accounts as we got the land for free and also £9m from the sale of Ninian Park towards it.

3. The stadium can be hired out , not just for Wales games but also for concerts , corporate conferences etc. The days of a stadium only being used on club matchdays have long gone. Many clubs , even at our Championship level , don`t have as good a set up for these events as we do.

Great info Keith and proved my point well done Sam, for the vision, outline planning etc :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tan had no part in any of it.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:32 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

There you go Barnet Clown simple enough.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Great info Keith and proved my point well done Sam, for the vision, outline planning etc :thumbright: :thumbright:

If only we had got to the premier and Sam was able to provide the stadium. Would be a different story.

Probably a statue of Sam up.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:36 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

If only we had got to the premier and Sam was able to provide the stadium. Would be a different story.

Sadly your so right Neil , but he had a dream and started it all, but was unable to finish it.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't know whether I am looking at the wrong company but I do not see Vincent Tan listed as a Director.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0404 ... house-data

Is there any reason for this?
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Sadly your so right Neil , but he had a dream and started it all, but was unable to finish it.

That’s the difference though Annis. Sam put in more money than we had ever had. Bought players we could only dream of buying. But ran out of money hence Black Friday.

Won’t happen with Tan. He has deep pockets. We are lucky in that respect. Apart from two premier league seasons we haven’t been self sufficient probably ever. We could only sell so many players and we did that with Kav, Gabbiadon, Collins, Earnie, Johnson, Chopra, Ramsey. We don’t have to sell best players anymore. Back in the day we would have lost Morrison ages ago. And Moore would be going on the cheap.

We are in a better position than most.
maccydee

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Installments, agents fees the lot.

And what is it that really matters?

If it's success, this has been our most successful period since the 60's.
If it's about being a big club, we're getting crowds 5x or 6x bigger than in the 80's and 90's and we're playing at our highest level for several decades.
If it's about the shirt colour, we're back in blue and have been in blue for far longer under Tan than we were in red. At the time people said they'd rather we were blue in League 2 however we've been in blue in the Premier League. People also said they'd prefer no investment in blue than investment in red. Regardless Tan has continued to put money into the club since we reverted back to blue. More than when we were red.

If that's what matters, then your own obsession against Tan has seemingly made you forget.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Chris very informative and enlightening but still people only see what they want to see and use various figures to prove points for and against tan and club..... think its time people stopped believing Dalman whatever he says because he makes things up like sala case we'll go bust if have to pay yet it clearly states provisions made for it which as been stated previously as well.....far to many amateur accountants on here who can't even use an abacus. :o

Allan on three different occasions Tan / Dalman said we would be debt free, well 12 years later and we are not, so yes there is concern and rightly so.

Is this forum not for debates and discussions or do you want us to be dictated to?

I get that you like to overstate the debt while the other side like to understate but you can't go adding years as well. It's 2021 not 2022 and yes this covid has me doubting myself as I had to go check. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Welshman in CA

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I don't know whether I am looking at the wrong company but I do not see Vincent Tan listed as a Director.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0404 ... house-data

Is there any reason for this?

Hes the majority share holder doesn't need to be director ,also depending on how the articles are made up could have total veto power
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I get that you like to overstate the debt while the other side like to understate but you can't go adding years as well. It's 2021 not 2022 and yes this covid has me doubting myself as I had to go check. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If it's about being a big club, we're getting crowds 5x or 6x bigger than in the 80's and 90's and we're playing at our highest level for several decades.
If it's about the shirt colour, we're back in blue and have been in blue for far longer under Tan than we were in red. At the time people said they'd rather we were blue in League 2 however we've been in blue in the Premier League. People also said they'd prefer no investment in blue than investment in red. Regardless Tan has continued to put money into the club since we reverted back to blue. More than when we were red.

If that's what matters, then your own obsession against Tan has seemingly made you forget.

Two promotions followed by two bad relegations and a rebrand for four years that tore the heart out of the club and our fans. NO THANKS

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Two promotions followed by two bad relegations and a rebrand for four years that tore the heart out of the club and our fans. NO THANKS

Okay. But that doesn't answer what I asked.
What really matters to our club, and what is it that "Obsessed Tan followers" have forgotten about?
WestCoastBlue

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:43 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Okay. But that doesn't answer what I asked.
What really matters to our club, and what is it that "Obsessed Tan followers" have forgotten about?

Obsessed Tan followers is complete bollocks.

I’m not a Tan fan I’m a Cardiff fan.

I happen to like Tan for all the positive things he has done for my club. Similarly I like Sam for what he did for my club. Even Riddler had a few positives.

Annis will never forgive Tan for the rebrand. Completely his right. However when it comes to his views on Tan, while acknowledging his absolute right to a view and the fact he gets a lot more information than most, there will always be a slant on that so it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
maccydee

Postby blue lagoon » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Always City wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think

That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.

More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.

The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.

Worcester, i could not of put it better.
Wez, supports Dalman, tan no matter what even when its their in black and white, Wez should be putting our club first instead he backs Dalmans shite, unbelievable

I hope you are not calling out these corporate robbing bas.... are you. You'll get slagged on here by the mob for critical thinking mind.

Get with the narrative and just happy clap the club and the this greedy industry. Players are gods and all that crap.

Loyalty lol, dont make me laugh. They will piss all over you and wont think twice about it. You, me are last on their list of priorities. Fuc.. the lot of them!!!!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat