UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/06/21

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:06 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:The saddest day for a lot of scientists - both professional and amateur - will be when all restrictions are finally at an end. Life will return to humdrum mediocrity with no soapbox to stand on..

Totally agree Monk but I wouldn't hold your breath at the moment. I think they'll have at least another 2 years of overpaid bullshit, which transcribes into modelling that has always been way off the mark, to make their money and stay in the limelight that they have afforded themselves. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:06 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:The saddest day for a lot of scientists - both professional and amateur - will be when all restrictions are finally at an end. Life will return to humdrum mediocrity with no soapbox to stand on..

Totally agree Monk but I wouldn't hold your breath at the moment. I think they'll have at least another 2 years of overpaid bullshit, which transcribes into modelling that has always been way off the mark, to make their money and stay in the limelight that they have afforded themselves. :bluebird:

I agree with you both and it remains to be seen if Boris caves in to the increasing calls to extend the (shabbily named) restrictions past the current 21st June date...

However, I was surprised and somewhat intrigued that certain authorities (emergency not just council), including some in Wales, have been briefed and are preparing for a 'spike' and potential 'lockdown' at the end of July and into August... :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/06/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:06 pm

Covid: Ageing NHS cancer equipment upgrade to clear backlog -

Ageing equipment to help stop cancer in its early stages is being upgraded amid fears over growing waiting lists caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

More than half a million people are now waiting for treatment on the Welsh NHS.

Health minister Eluned Morgan said £25m would be spent on NHS diagnostic equipment, including helping stop a "bottleneck" in cancer treatment.

Oncologist Sarah Gwynne said new CT scanners would make treatment more accurate and improve patient care.

Dr Gwynne said the CT scanner at Singleton Hospital, Swansea, was 10 years old and "technology had moved on dramatically in that time".

There have been concerns that many people fearing they have cancer may not have contacted their GPs during the coronavirus pandemic.

Latest Welsh government figures show more people than ever - the equivalent of 18% of the Welsh population - are waiting for planned treatments.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 am

UPDATED: THURSDAY 3RD JUNE 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 39,585,665MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

75.2% of Adults :thumbright:

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose) 26,073,284 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

49.5% of Adults :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Ageing NHS cancer equipment upgrade to clear backlog -

Ageing equipment to help stop cancer in its early stages is being upgraded amid fears over growing waiting lists caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

More than half a million people are now waiting for treatment on the Welsh NHS.

Health minister Eluned Morgan said £25m would be spent on NHS diagnostic equipment, including helping stop a "bottleneck" in cancer treatment.

Oncologist Sarah Gwynne said new CT scanners would make treatment more accurate and improve patient care.

Dr Gwynne said the CT scanner at Singleton Hospital, Swansea, was 10 years old and "technology had moved on dramatically in that time".

There have been concerns that many people fearing they have cancer may not have contacted their GPs during the coronavirus pandemic.

Latest Welsh government figures show more people than ever - the equivalent of 18% of the Welsh population - are waiting for planned treatments.

Some machines are 10yrs old shows a lack of investment really... as for new machines thats good news but unfortunately not enough staff to clear backlogs in fact still wont clear waiting lists because it's not just personal or machines its every thing surrounding hospital care ...like theatre space ... beds ect ect with hospitals operating at around 90% full you can see the problem straight away...
Ps no deaths in past 8 days :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:13 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 3rd June 2021

New Covid 5,274

New Deaths 18

Total Deaths 127,812

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:28 pm

On a day where Portugal is to be moved to the amber group of countries for travel and no countries moving to green, I believe we may as well forget any chance of enjoying a late summer holiday away from these shores.
In addition, the number of people admitted to hospital with the Indian variant for emergency treatment increased to 278 this week from 201 the previous week. Not a good sign!
Most of the problem appears in the North of England at present.
The majority of these people were not vaccinated.
I maintain the fact that our friends, colleagues and family amongst all others that refuse the jab (not including those who can't accept it for medical issues) will delay the removal of many continuing restrictions. This will include our long awaited return to football matches in large numbers.
My optimism for the return to Cardiff City Stadium next season to watch the Bluebirds is slowly fading.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/06/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:05 pm

Covid: Groups of 30 to be able to meet outdoors in Wales -

Up to 30 people will be able to meet outdoors and extended households can expand to include a third from Monday, the Welsh government has said.

However an increase in the numbers able to meet indoors in homes or at events will not happen until at least late June.

The Welsh government said this would allow more people to get vaccinated.

It said there was "growing concern" about the spread of the variant first identified in India.

There are currently 97 cases of the variant in Wales, which has been named the Delta variant by the World Health Organization.

This is up 67% compared with last week.

Large outdoor events, like concerts, football matches and organised runs can go ahead for up to 4,000 people when not seated, and 10,000 when seated
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:32 am

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:On a day where Portugal is to be moved to the amber group of countries for travel and no countries moving to green, I believe we may as well forget any chance of enjoying a late summer holiday away from these shores.
In addition, the number of people admitted to hospital with the Indian variant for emergency treatment increased to 278 this week from 201 the previous week. Not a good sign!
I maintain the fact that our friends, colleagues and family amongst all others that refuse the jab (not including those who can't accept it for medical issues) will delay the removal of many continuing restrictions. This will include our long awaited return to football matches in large numbers.
My optimism for the return to Cardiff City Stadium next season to watch the Bluebirds is slowly fading.

dont you think its time to start being more concerned about who are in the 120,000 other hospital beds everyday in the UK , and why they are there..? { you or i are far more likely to be one of these 99.8% of non indian covids than an indian covid patient } ... or the 500.000 on NHS waiting lists in Wales alone , possibly resulting in dying yourself after joining the end of this queue and eventual diagnosis being too late for treatment... 278. or..40 a day....ffs.... at what point does sanity kick in..
skidemin

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:23 am

skidemin wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:On a day where Portugal is to be moved to the amber group of countries for travel and no countries moving to green, I believe we may as well forget any chance of enjoying a late summer holiday away from these shores.

dont you think its time to start being more concerned about who are in the 120,000 other hospital beds everyday in the UK , and why they are there..? { you or i are far more likely to be one of these 99.8% of non indian covids than an indian covid patient } ... or the 500.000 on NHS waiting lists in Wales alone , possibly resulting in dying yourself after joining the end of this queue and eventual diagnosis being too late for treatment... 278. or..40 a day....ffs.... at what point does sanity kick in..

Jeez.......what have they done to people???? I'm sure Mr Birchgrove is a decent enough chap, but how have the majority been so blinkered, that they cannot see the whole picture and the world around them, the one that they are now living in. It astounds me.

Is it a case that people are just too scared to think for themselves. Do they really feel protected by a Government that lies, spreads disinformation and makes people feel scared to walk out of their own front door. I despair sometimes..... :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby skidemin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:14 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Jeez.......what have they done to people???? I'm sure Mr Birchgrove is a decent enough chap, but how have the majority been so blinkered, that they cannot see the whole picture and the world around them, the one that they are now living in. It astounds me.

Is it a case that people are just too scared to think for themselves. Do they really feel protected by a Government that lies, spreads disinformation and makes people feel scared to walk out of their own front door. I despair sometimes..... :bluebird:

if watching Jaws made you afraid to swim in the sea... you might at sometime go and swim but its never quite as carefree as it once was...the film put millions off swimming and is still a put off for some no amount of reassurance or stats proving the rarity of shark attacks work... 1975 Jaws 2019 Covid....my mate told me a year ago that he thought it would be a full generation before the fear would reduce to a point where life actually goes back to normal ..a remark i took with a pinch of salt but now tend to agree with....no numbers are low enough
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:15 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

He won an election on his let's wait for rest uk to take a chance before I will try it attitude...so dont expect a different stance until he's forced to because the rest uk is open for buisness and wales is not....... simply lockdown conwy or any other area with delta covid Melbourne done that several times and it works so that rest Australia can carry on as normal..
drakeford is only interested in being no 1 in uk regarding covid vaccination levels and lowest cases that's what drives him on... deaths from waiting is an irrelevance at moment the 30m WG put in for machines only replaces old scanners but didnt say it will be couple years before they are up and running or theres not enough staff to run machines or clinics above present capacity...:old:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

He won an election on his let's wait for rest uk to take a chance before I will try it attitude...so dont expect a different stance until he's forced to because the rest uk is open for buisness and wales is not....... simply lockdown conwy or any other area with delta covid Melbourne done that several times and it works so that rest Australia can carry on as normal..
drakeford is only interested in being no 1 in uk regarding covid vaccination levels and lowest cases that's what drives him on... :old:

its not about Drakeford mate its about the whole flaming thing....
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:35 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

drakeford is only interested in being no 1 in uk regarding covid vaccination levels and lowest cases that's what drives him on... :old:

its not about Drakeford mate its about the whole flaming thing....

I know but its him that is making decisions effecting Wales..... like latest announcement regarding indoor meetings the rationale is because of if delta covid increasingly spreading .... yet he says local lockdown in conwy hub of infections is not required yet its this area that as caused him to stop lifting restrictions elsewhere ? Scientific evidence is improving on this issue and and as used evidence from across the world in past 15mnths! So hes using scientific evidence that is old and probably got no relevance to present situation as delta covid was not around then.. :?
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:02 pm

There have been no deaths of people with coronavirus in Wales for the last nine days, according to Public Health Wales.

There were 71 new positive cases reported, taking the total confirmed cases in Wales to 212,999.

The total number of deaths in Wales since the outbreak began remains at 5,569.

More than two million people in Wales have now received their first dose of the Covid vaccine.

Meanwhile, 1,181,259 people have now received the full dose. :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:34 pm

Drakeford says social distancing in Wales likely to last through the summer and possibly until end of the year? He does not have a scooby doo idea of what problem this will cause the NHS and people needing treatment sorry he's absolutely clueless.... :banghead:
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/06/21

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:57 am

UPDATED: SATURDAY 5TH JUNE 2021

UK

1st dose of Vaccination 39,949,694 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

75.8% 1st Vaccination :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

2nd dose of Vaccination 26,798,944 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright:

50.9% 2nd Vaccination :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Virus 6,238

New deaths 11

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:47 pm

I was surprised at how long there is between doses over there when told by family members. I got my 2nd dose less than 30 days after the first. As a state California is now just behind the UK with 70% having had the first dose and 55% the two.
Welshman in CA

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:19 am

Welshman in CA wrote:I was surprised at how long there is between doses over there when told by family members. I got my 2nd dose less than 30 days after the first. As a state California is now just behind the UK with 70% having had the first dose and 55% the two.

:lol: :lol: yep.... farma companies come up with vaccine in record time which is pumped out under TEMPOARARILY and EMERGENCY regs and as with all drugs / vaccines it came with a manufacturer prescribed dosage...which..didnt fit government time scales so just like the testing of the vaccines they made up their own new time scales....
skidemin

Postby Igovernor » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED: SATURDAY 5TH JUNE 2021

UK

1st dose of Vaccination 39,949,694 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Virus 6,238

New deaths 11

196468020_10158498651827183_1689273871413842897_n.png
196468020_10158498651827183_1689273871413842897_n.png (104.98 KiB) Viewed 5733 times
Igovernor

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED: SATURDAY 5TH JUNE 2021

UK

New Virus 6,238

New deaths 11

new cases 4th June............ 6,238
new cases 4h June 2020......1,633 :?
skidemin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/06/21

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:42 pm

W.G. happy to tell everyone on radio tv that we will have a 3rd wave..... will keep social distancing for the duration.... and how dangerous delta covid is blah blah blah "BUT" nowhere do they tell us that theres been no deaths in Wales for 10days? What are they the doom gloom and negativity society? :o
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:W.G. happy to tell everyone on radio tv that we will have a 3rd wave..... will keep social distancing for the duration.... and how dangerous delta covid is blah blah blah "BUT" nowhere do they tell us that theres been no deaths in Wales for 10days? What are they the doom gloom and negativity society? :o

nothing new there then...its been agenda based from day1...no comparisons being used and no context.. just figures that seem big and you should shit yourself hourly ....
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:W.G. happy to tell everyone on radio tv that we will have a 3rd wave..... will keep social distancing for the duration.... and how dangerous delta covid is blah blah blah "BUT" nowhere do they tell us that theres been no deaths in Wales for 10days? What are they the doom gloom and negativity society? :o

nothing new there then...its been agenda based from day1...no comparisons being used and no context.. just figures that seem big and you should shit yourself hourly ....

Since this pandemic started we have had nothing but misinformation being economic with truth and scaremongering.... but for WG it was a winner with labour voters all that's done is encourage more of the same! They are scared of delta covid but have totally ruled out local lockdown in the area that is the problem saying its not nessasary..... but by same token saying need to put off june 21st restriction lifting because of delta covid ? As much logic as turkeys voting for xmas.. :roll:
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/06/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 pm

Covid: Third wave inevitable, warns Wales' health minister -

A third wave of Covid cases is likely and "the question is how big will this wave be", Wales' health minister has warned.

Eluned Morgan said she was concerned about the Delta variant spreading after a cluster of cases in Conwy county.

And she said it would be "difficult to stop the flow from England".

A surge in Covid cases in parts of the UK is being partly driven by the increased transmissibility of the Delta variant, which was identified in India.

There are 97 cases of the Delta variant in Wales, including 54 cases in Llandudno, Llandudno Junction and Penrhyn Bay.

And children at a primary school in Merthyr Tydfil have been told to stay home for another week after a visitor tested positive for the variant.

"A third wave is likely. It will be difficult to stop the flow from England, the question is how big will this wave be," said Baroness Morgan.

"We are worried that the spread of the virus is so much higher with the Delta variant and that's why the latest lifting of restrictions is in two parts.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Third wave inevitable, warns Wales' health minister -

A third wave of Covid cases is likely and "the question is how big will this wave be", Wales' health minister has warned.

Eluned Morgan said she was concerned about the Delta variant spreading after a cluster of cases in Conwy county.

And she said it would be "difficult to stop the flow from England".

A surge in Covid cases in parts of the UK is being partly driven by the increased transmissibility of the Delta variant, which was identified in India.

There are 97 cases of the Delta variant in Wales, including 54 cases in Llandudno, Llandudno Junction and Penrhyn Bay.

And children at a primary school in Merthyr Tydfil have been told to stay home for another week after a visitor tested positive for the variant.

"A third wave is likely. It will be difficult to stop the flow from England, the question is how big will this wave be," said Baroness Morgan.

"We are worried that the spread of the virus is so much higher with the Delta variant and that's why the latest lifting of restrictions is in two parts.

Tony, I posted this a few days ago... :(
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 01.52.57.png
Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 01.52.57.png (66.26 KiB) Viewed 5295 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby stickywicket » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm

stickywicket

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:14 pm

UPDATED: MONDAY 7TH JUNE 2021

UK

1st dose of Vaccination 40,460,576 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

76.8% 1st Vaccination :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

2nd dose of Vaccination 27,921,294 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright:

53% 2nd Vaccination :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Virus 5,683

New deaths 1

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/06/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:15 am

Wales' Covid infection rate has been below 10 cases per 100,000 people for one month as no coronavirus deaths in Wales have happened for a 12th day.

Public Health Wales did report one death on Monday but it dated back to April 2020, taking the overall Welsh Covid death toll to 5,570 people.

Two of the three UK counties with the lowest Covid case rates are in Wales - Vale of Glamorgan and Caerphilly.

Wales has had the lowest Covid case rate of any UK nation for four months.

Wales reported 75 new positive tests on Monday - as the UK reported 5,683 new cases - taking the total confirmed cases in Wales to 213,166.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/06/21

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Wales' Covid infection rate has been below 10 cases per 100,000 people for one month as no coronavirus deaths in Wales have happened for a 12th day.

Public Health Wales did report one death on Monday but it dated back to April 2020, taking the overall Welsh Covid death toll to 5,570 people.

Two of the three UK counties with the lowest Covid case rates are in Wales - Vale of Glamorgan and Caerphilly.

Wales has had the lowest Covid case rate of any UK nation for four months.

Wales reported 75 new positive tests on Monday - as the UK reported 5,683 new cases - taking the total confirmed cases in Wales to 213,166.

Now that's low, with 86% of the adult population first dosed and over 50% double dosed, if we don't fully unlock now we never will!
Bluebina

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat