Gareth Southgate no he does not get it !!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Southgate no he does not get it !!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gareth Southgate no he does not get it !!

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:https://global247news.com/2021/06/06/cardiff-city-fan-hits-out-at-english-manager-gareth-southgate-over-blm-stance/amp/

i dont know who is pulling whose strings here.... BLM does not get a mention anymore , apparently its about greater racial equality { and always was } ... which of course then means if you do not agree , you are a racist... awful way to treat paying customers whose gripe is that they do not want politics in sport..
skidemin

Postby Wayne S » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Boos met with applause a moment ago.

Not yet the resounding ringing endorsement to end taking the knee that is being suggested.
Wayne S

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm

If you keep kneeling then you get booed around the world.
Kick it out and get on with the game. Its football not politics.
The media rammed the BLM movement down everyones throat and now im surprised that they sort of gave up on the message. Yes they got a mini video every time an advert break comes but hopefully they give it up and move on.
Like i said before you cant expect the kneeling to happen 5 years from now at every game footballers play.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:Boos met with applause a moment ago.

Not yet the resounding ringing endorsement to end taking the knee that is being suggested.

no division created there then....
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 pm

I think some people need to remember that this board isn't representative of the wider general public's views.
The majority of accounts from today's game and the Austria game claim that applause was a more common response to the kneeling than booing and support drowned out the opposition. And that's not accounts just from the mainstream media as I know they will be discounted by some. Personal observations on social media sites corroborate that support for the kneeling outweighed the opposition.

A YouGov poll, albeit from October so 7 months ago, asking football fans whether they approved of taking the knee or not found that the majority were in favour of footballers and staff taking the knee. 49% approving and 41% disapproving.
WestCoastBlue

Postby RV Casual » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:45 pm

The world's gone mad now, I know this is off the topic but they have a black actor playing ann boleyn on CH5, can you imagine the uproar if a white actor played Nelson Mandela or similar.

Then there was the train thing the other day where a non binary person complained about the conductor saying good morning ladies and gentlemen.

The tail is wagging the dog on this world now 100%, the feelings of the majority just arnt listened to.
RV Casual

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:48 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:I think some people need to remember that this board isn't representative of the wider general public's views.
The majority of accounts from today's game and the Austria game claim that applause was a more common response to the kneeling than booing and support drowned out the opposition. And that's not accounts just from the mainstream media as I know they will be discounted by some. Personal observations on social media sites corroborate that support for the kneeling outweighed the opposition.

A YouGov poll, albeit from October so 7 months ago, asking football fans whether they approved of taking the knee or not found that the majority were in favour of footballers and staff taking the knee. 49% approving and 41% disapproving.

First I've heard of that.

If the boos were so minority then why did Southgate ask his players if they should continue or not? All I see is the media trying to cover up the booing with their bias left wing opinions, all I see is the media telling their pundit what to say in favour of the knee, all I see is the media giving full coverage to those players who support the knee. How about the media interviewing those of us, players and fans, who oppose the knee and ask us why. I'll tell you why and that is they don't want to broadcast what most of us think about the Marxist, rioting and racist BLM.
Bakedalasker

Postby RV Casual » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:52 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:I think some people need to remember that this board isn't representative of the wider general public's views.

You can't say this board isnt representive and then throw up yougov poll results lol

What exactly is a yougov poll, how do you participate, I don't think iv ever been contacted to take part in one in my life so for me they are as equally meaningless/unrepresentative as you think this board is
RV Casual

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:58 pm

The likes of Sky have been editing out the booing and putting clapping instead. The booing has been very loud. And to say it has nothing to do with BLM then that is laughable. So the BLM on the back of the shirts in the Prem was an illusion ? The BLM banners in the ground was an illusion ? The BLM put up on the Screen on Sky and BT sport an illusion ? The BLM badges they all wore was an illusion ? The constant rhetoric of they are taking the knee for BLM that was an illusion as well.
Look if you support Marxism just say but stop with the denial
Nuclearblue

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:12 pm

:laughing5: :laughing5: i think people need to remember blah blah blah...yougov polls....fair play...
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:

You can't say this board isnt representive and then throw up yougov poll results lol

What exactly is a yougov poll, how do you participate, I don't think iv ever been contacted to take part in one in my life so for me they are as equally meaningless/unrepresentative as you think this board is

YouGov is a UK based opinion polling/data analysis type website. They poll all sorts, political opinions, societal issues, opinions on economics/health/entertainment/etc.

https://yougov.co.uk/

The current front page analysis is about what Britain's most disliked bug is.

But if you want an example of something you've probably heard of, compare the 2 polls from this forum and the other CCFC forum about if users would boo the kneeling:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217738
https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?4 ... ll-you-boo

On here 63% would boo and 37% wouldn't. On CCMB, 7% would boo and 88% wouldn't.
WestCoastBlue

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm

skidemin wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: i think people need to remember blah blah blah...yougov polls....fair play...

Right on cue :lol: The well thought out and reasoned replies of skidemin, the guy who can't work out that 40x2=80 :oops:
WestCoastBlue

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Right on cue :lol: The well thought out and reasoned replies of skidemin, the guy who can't work out that 40x2=80 :oops:

what bots need to remember ....is if your going to say people need to remember its not then a great idea to use equally not representative polls or sites yourself.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:38 pm

RV Casual wrote:The world's gone mad now, I know this is off the topic but they have a black actor playing ann boleyn on CH5, can you imagine the uproar if a white actor played Nelson Mandela or similar.

Then there was the train thing the other day where a non binary person complained about the conductor saying good morning ladies and gentlemen.

The tail is wagging the dog on this world now 100%, the feelings of the majority just arnt listened to.

Take a look at the adverts? You would be hard pressed to get a white only couple in them its mainly bame or mixed one white one bame...and individual person is mainly bame or lbgt..... white actors in adverts have gone out fashion ffs even the flash advert had a coloured man in main role? Where have these people come from to get roles in adverts? I'm All for ethnic diversity but now it's gone completely other way white people are the minority now... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:55 pm

That's how I see it.

Personally, I don't have a massive opinion on it either why. If football want to do it, then should continue to do it. If they don't want to, then they shouldn't.

It's no different to James McClean not wearing a poppy.

Should also be remembered that when fans came back a couple of weeks ago, there was general applause at most grounds. People will focus on the booing because there where the story is.

However, I've seen some people say that all those against taking the knee are racist. That is not true.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:59 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

what bots need to remember ....is if your going to say people need to remember its not then a great idea to use equally not representative polls or sites yourself.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want to make a point, at least try and be coherent.

It sounds like you think the YouGov poll isn't representative of the UK population? If so, please elaborate why.

I'll do my part though in backing up why I think YouGov should be considered more representative than this board :thumbright:

The results from the poll are all here:
https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/7xbmk8cm3y/ ... esults.pdf

As we can see, from 4189 responses, 2318 were women and 1871 were men. That gives a response split of 55% women and 45% men.
The actual UK split is 51% women and 49% men as shown by the UK.gov website using data from the census:

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... ons/latest

When we look at the age of the people responding and the percentage of the total:
18-24 = 7%
25-34 = 14.8%
35-44 = 17.7%
45-54 = 17.7%
55+ = 42.8%

And comparing that to the actual population make up of the UK:
20-24 = 8.9%
25-34 = 17.5%
35-44 = 18.2%
45-54 = 18.1%
55+ = 37.1%

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... ups/latest

When we look at which nation the responses came from and their percentage of the total:
England = 86.2%
Wales = 4.8%
Scotland = 9%

And comparing to the actual split in population between the 3:
England = 86.52%
Wales = 4.85%
Scotland = 8.43%

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... nestimates

So in short, comparing the responses of the poll to the make up of the UK population with YouGov poll in red and UK Population in green:

Women = 55% / 51%
Men = 45% / 49%

Age of respondents:
18-24/20-24 = 7% / 8.9%
25-34 = 14.8% / 17.5%
35-44 = 17.7% / 18.2%
45-54 = 17.7% / 18.1%
55+ = 42.8% / 37.1%

Nation:
England = 86.2% / 86.5%
Wales = 4.8% / 4.9%
Scotland = 9% / 8.4%

I could go on but I think it's safe to say the opinions from a YouGov poll are more likely to represent the opinions of the wider UK population than this Cardiff City forum.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's how I see it.

Personally, I don't have a massive opinion on it either why. If football want to do it, then should continue to do it. If they don't want to, then they shouldn't.

Should also be remembered that when fans came back a couple of weeks ago, there was general applause at most grounds. People will focus on the booing because there where the story is.

However, I've seen some people say that all those against taking the knee are racist. That is not true.

The media cover up.

i've just received video clips from people in the stands at the England game. Lets just say you can clearly hear the boos and not see one person clapping. Some people need to wake up to what the media are doing to them.
Bakedalasker

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:The world's gone mad now, I know this is off the topic but they have a black actor playing ann boleyn on CH5, can you imagine the uproar if a white actor played Nelson Mandela or similar.

Take a look at the adverts? You would be hard pressed to get a white only couple in them its mainly bame or mixed one white one bame...and individual person is mainly bame or lbgt..... white actors in adverts have gone out fashion ffs even the flash advert had a coloured man in main role? Where have these people come from to get roles in adverts? I'm All for ethnic diversity but now it's gone completely other way white people are the minority now... :old:

Worst case is that Gillian Burke on Springwatch.. she's like a wooden soldier in front of the camera, painful to watch. Myrie is quite good tho' as was Moira Stuart..
rumpo kid

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's how I see it.

The media cover up.

i've just received video clips from people in the stands at the England game. Lets just say you can clearly hear the boos and not see one person clapping. Some people need to wake up to what the media are doing to them.

Exactly Ian. The TV stations are silencing the boos and adding clapping in many games. Wait till there are more than a few thousand in the grounds then you will hear the true feelings of everyone.
This has been in support of BLM from the start
Nuclearblue

Postby skidemin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It sounds like you think the YouGov poll isn't representative of the UK population? If so, please elaborate why.

I'll do my part though in backing up why I think YouGov should be considered more representative than this board :thumbright:

As we can see, from 4189 responses, 2318 were women and 1871 were men. That gives a response split of 55% women and 45% men.
The actual UK split is 51% women and 49% men as shown by the UK.gov website using data from the census:

When we look at the age of the people responding and the percentage of the total:
18-24 = 7%
25-34 = 14.8%
35-44 = 17.7%
45-54 = 17.7%
55+ = 42.8%

20-24 = 8.9%
25-34 = 17.5%
35-44 = 18.2%
45-54 = 18.1%
55+ = 37.1%

When we look at which nation the responses came from and their percentage of the total:
England = 86.2%
Wales = 4.8%
Scotland = 9%

England = 86.52%
Wales = 4.85%
Scotland = 8.43%

So in short, comparing the responses of the poll to the make up of the UK population with YouGov poll in red and UK Population in green:

Women = 55% / 51%
Men = 45% / 49%

Age of respondents:
18-24/20-24 = 7% / 8.9%
25-34 = 14.8% / 17.5%
35-44 = 17.7% / 18.2%
45-54 = 17.7% / 18.1%
55+ = 42.8% / 37.1%

Nation:
England = 86.2% / 86.5%
Wales = 4.8% / 4.9%
Scotland = 9% / 8.4%

I could go on but I think it's safe to say the opinions from a YouGov poll are more likely to represent the opinions of the wider UK population than this Cardiff City forum.

nobody was making a point about how representative this or any other board is though. only you
and now having been critical of one while quoting another... :shock: had it pointed out to you by RV..youve done a google search and moved on to attempting to prove one unrepresentative poll is a bit more representative than another...are you deliberately not getting things ?
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

18-24 = 7%
25-34 = 14.8%
35-44 = 17.7%
45-54 = 17.7%
55+ = 42.8%

20-24 = 8.9%
25-34 = 17.5%
35-44 = 18.2%
45-54 = 18.1%
55+ = 37.1%

England = 86.2%
Wales = 4.8%
Scotland = 9%

England = 86.52%
Wales = 4.85%
Scotland = 8.43%

Women = 55% / 51%
Men = 45% / 49%

Age of respondents:
18-24/20-24 = 7% / 8.9%
25-34 = 14.8% / 17.5%
35-44 = 17.7% / 18.2%
45-54 = 17.7% / 18.1%
55+ = 42.8% / 37.1%

Nation:
England = 86.2% / 86.5%
Wales = 4.8% / 4.9%
Scotland = 9% / 8.4%

nobody was making a point about how representative this or any other board is though. only you
and now having been critical of one while quoting another... :shock: had it pointed out to you by RV..youve done a google search and moved on to attempting to prove one unrepresentative poll is a bit more representative than another...are you deliberately not getting things ?

You dismissed my reply by claiming YouGov is "equally not representative" I then showed why I think YouGov is more representative. C'mon mate, are you deliberately not getting things ?
WestCoastBlue

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:58 am

White people have been playing black people and minorities for years - and I didn't see any outcry about that. EVERY single cowboy movie until recent history had white people playing native Americans. EVERY single movie about Christ has had a westerner as a lead as Jesus when Jesus was obviously from the middle east. Black and white minstrels anyone?

Of course no one white would play mandela and of course no one black would play Alex Ferguson. With some much older historic figures it doesn't really matter though does it?
AfricanBluebird

Postby Jock » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:

White people have been playing black people and minorities for years - and I didn't see any outcry about that. EVERY single cowboy movie until recent history had white people playing native Americans. EVERY single movie about Christ has had a westerner as a lead as Jesus when Jesus was obviously from the middle east. Black and white minstrels anyone?

Of course no one white would play mandela and of course no one black would play Alex Ferguson. With some much older historic figures it doesn't really matter though does it?

For me a black James Bond no problem, he’s a fictional character but there should be an effort to portray historical characters accurately. Ch5 cast a black woman in the Anne Boleyn role to create controversy and gain free publicity. Frankly it’s absurd and ridiculous.
Jock

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The TV stations are silencing the boos and adding clapping in many games.

Do they also call in Hollywood special effects companies to add in the visuals of hands clapping together?

Quite a feat on a live broadcast.
Wayne S

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Rashford calls those booing ignorant? Hes ignorant to fact people have the freedom to Express displeasure at something they dont agree with ... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:35 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:

it doesnt really matter but it does when it comes to wardrobe, location, sets , etc... so much so there are awards for such like...
skidemin

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:54 pm

Jock wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

For me a black James Bond no problem, he’s a fictional character but there should be an effort to portray historical characters accurately. Ch5 cast a black woman in the Anne Boleyn role to create controversy and gain free publicity. Frankly it’s absurd and ridiculous.[/ :laughing5: :laughing6: :laughing5: quote]

Just wait for the outcry when they chop her head off
Nuclearblue

Postby Borders Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

If the boos were so minority then why did Southgate ask his players if they should continue or not? All I see is the media trying to cover up the booing with their bias left wing opinions, all I see is the media telling their pundit what to say in favour of the knee, all I see is the media giving full coverage to those players who support the knee. How about the media interviewing those of us, players and fans, who oppose the knee and ask us why. I'll tell you why and that is they don't want to broadcast what most of us think about the Marxist, rioting and racist BLM.

The irony is that BLM is a racist organisation, which believes that all white people have 'white privilege' (I'd certainly swap my white privilege, for some of the privileges black footballers have). They believe that all white people are racist even if they don't realise it - so they want 'critical race theory' taught in schools - so as to 're-educate us'. They want to get rid of the nuclear family, they want white people to give up their homes and university places for black people, they want to defund the police, they want white people to get on their knees and beg forgiveness for the enslavement and mistreatment of blacks. Some of its members have beaten people up and even killed people on the streets of US cities - as well as burning down shops owned by black people. It's leaders have done nothing for black families and neighbourhoods with their hundreds of millions, yet their leaders have become rich on the money we have donated to them - much of which has gone to the Democratic Party. This is what I see when players take the knee. Ferdinand has the nerve to call those who boo an 'ignorant minority', when he, Southgate and most players and managers are the ones who are ignorant.
Borders Blue

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:58 pm

Borders Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

The irony is that BLM is a racist organisation, which believes that all white people have 'white privilege' (I'd certainly swap my white privilege, for some of the privileges black footballers have). They believe that all white people are racist even if they don't realise it - so they want 'critical race theory' taught in schools - so as to 're-educate us'. They want to get rid of the nuclear family, they want white people to give up their homes and university places for black people, they want to defund the police, they want white people to get on their knees and beg forgiveness for the enslavement and mistreatment of blacks. Some of its members have beaten people up and even killed people on the streets of US cities - as well as burning down shops owned by black people. It's leaders have done nothing for black families and neighbourhoods with their hundreds of millions, yet their leaders have become rich on the money we have donated to them - much of which has gone to the Democratic Party. This is what I see when players take the knee. Ferdinand has the nerve to call those who boo an 'ignorant minority', when he, Southgate and most players and managers are the ones who are ignorant.

I don’t believe it is the minority. But also as you touched on some whites have been forced onto their knees by those threatening violence against those that do not comply. Also BLM defacing war memorials and pulling down statues. This is why my interest in Football has come to a shuttering end I will not support a team full of knee benders and Black Power signs. They are representing the club I have loved for around 48 years. Damn right I’m angry :twisted:
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat