“ 7,500 “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ 7,500 “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:11 am

Yesterday their were 7,500 new Covid positives, each day going up by 1,000 in the UK.

Surely this is similar to when Boris / Drakeford/ Surgeon got every bar / restaurant packed with his cheap offers, this time every place in the uk is fully booked and over packed until October at this rate their will be more restrictions brought back ( I won’t say lockdown as there never ever has been in the uk).

I think it’s all been rushed way to quick.

Opinions?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

“ 7,500 “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ 7,500 “

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:18 am

We will soon be back in a full scale Lockdown.

This will be a third time we have got it wrong. This reminds me when I worked on flight simulators where we had a fault we just could not properly fix. We let the pilots use the simulator where they could carry out their training with the fault. Their was always a fear that the fault could escalate to where the simulator became unusable. However, we had to let them use it in that state because it was our bread and butter. Eventually we found the fault but before then we lived in hope we would fix it it mixed in with fear we would not.
Bakedalasker

Postby Don Keydick » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:36 am

We keep hearing about new infections going up, but surely the important figures are the death rate and the amount of people being hospitalised with it. If that remains well down then the vaccine is doing it's job and if it's not then why are we having needles shoved in our arms? Sick of all the negatives.
Don Keydick

Postby davids » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 am

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that this constant obsession with infections is counter productive.

We have all been sold the "miracle" vaccination and how it will prevent serious illness if a vaccinated person catches the virus.

Surely the only figures that should matter now are those who are in hospital directly as a result of covid and those that are dying both of which figures remain exceedingly low.

We cannot eradicate this virus and we cannot remain locked down forever. Before this pandemic you never used to see the media saying "7000 new cases of flu recorded today" or "25000 people have caught a cold in the last 24 hours".

Last summer we had more freedom than we do now, lower rates of "infections" and that was without the vaccine was said to be our lifeline and way out of restrictions which does not seem to be the case.

Now that the vast majority of the most vulnerable have had both jabs and those who haven't are the least likely to get seriously ill even if they catch the virus we need to get on with life again.

This obsession with "infections" is counterproductive unless of course the vaccine does not turn out to be the answer we were promised it was.
davids

Postby john52 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 am

UNFORTUNATELY FULL LOCKDOWN HAS NOT BEEN UK WIDE AS A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT AND SOME JUST IGNORING IT .One of the problems s that government directions have not been precise but more wish washy instructions, eg .,.Now telling you you must not go to amber countries unless it is vita (yet thousands going) (and 20% saying they have no intention of isolating) .Why Dont the government just make it illegal to go and I’d you did then you would pay the price if u did?(and I mean pay the price).Until we have FIRM instructions then people are just going to find a loophole and keep adjusting the tules to whatever suits them.Yes as it is we probably will have another lockdown but not sure to what extent with the vaccine
john52

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 am

But hospital cases not going up and those who are admitted are less serious on average-hospitals have more capacity to take them - and almost exclusively from the unvacinated. A few days ago only 3% of the admissions were from people who were fully vacinated despite over 50% of the adult population falling into this category.

We can't live our lives completely risk free and as the risk for vacinated people has fallen substantially now is the time to get back to normal as much as possible, without going to far. I wouldn't let clubs open for a start and i think we have to accept some sort of reduced capacity in pubs, restaurants and sporting events for a while yet.

Of course there is a danger that a variant will emerge that evades the vaccine but that risk will always be there across the world.
JJ1927

Postby goats » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:51 am

Can’t see how we could have another lockdown, and the last one was severe here with many people struggling through the winter with nothing open and nowhere to go. If 80% have immunity already either through vaccine or having had it (antibodies) then if no one gets ill we will have herd immunity. Those in hospital tend to be the anti vaccers and I guess they made their beds so they can fill em....who cares? The only thing that annoys me is us letting people fly in from India, 29 odd flights a day before they put them on the red list. Absolute madness. When will they learn?
goats

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:51 am

I think that there is going to be more lockdowns as the idiots who think the virus is a conspiracy and do not follow safe distances, wear masks, and refuse to have the vaccine continue to act as if there is no pandemic, they will carry on in their own sweet way regardless of the health of other people.
At this moment in time, I have seen that people think it is all over, anyone who is out and about will see how difficult it is to avoid the idiots! :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Infection numbers are almost incidental now.

It’s numbers of hospital admissions and deaths that should dictate policy now otherwise us all getting out vaccine ( Wales is, after all, a world leader on that score) is pointless.

Let the idiot anti-vaxers die of their own stupidity and protect those that simply can’t have the vaccine.

Limit some activities (pubs, big crowds, etc) to those vaccinated and then monitor and react to any changes in admissions/deaths.

Time to get back to a degree of normality but maintain simple things like social distancing and masks.
piledriver64

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:03 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Infection numbers are almost incidental now.

It’s numbers of hospital admissions and deaths that should dictate policy now otherwise us all getting out vaccine ( Wales is, after all, a world leader on that score) is pointless.

Let the idiot anti-vaxers die of their own stupidity and protect those that simply can’t have the vaccine.

Limit some activities (pubs, big crowds, etc) to those vaccinated and then monitor and react to any changes in admissions/deaths.

Time to get back to a degree of normality but maintain simple things like social distancing and masks.

Well said.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Well said.

I fully support what you say. Each time I make these kind of points, I regularly get 'shot down' by the anti-vax boys that use the forum. I've never been keen on vaccine passports to, but these guys will make them inevitable as the virus continues to spread.
Otherwise, we can expect very small maximum attendances at the start of next season!
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby neathbluebird » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:04 am

Spot on we cant carry on with more lockxowns
neathbluebird

Return to General Chat