STATEMENT from Tony Burnett.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:28 pm

"We would urge you to think about how booing impacts the players," said Kick It Out chief executive Tony Burnett.

"The issue we all want to address is tackling discrimination in football."

The chief executive of the anti-racism organisation added: "That's something we can and should all get behind.

Even the CEO of kick it out, thinks that taking the knee is about his organisation kicking racism out of football, it's bloody well not. it's about discrimation around the world and supporting marxist corrup BLM. :banghead:
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: STATEMENT from Tony Burnett.

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Igovernor wrote:"We would urge you to think about how booing impacts the players," said Kick It Out chief executive Tony Burnett.

"The issue we all want to address is tackling discrimination in football."

The chief executive of the anti-racism organisation added: "That's something we can and should all get behind.

Even the CEO of kick it out, thinks that taking the knee is about his organisation kicking racism out of football, it's bloody well not. it's about discrimation around the world and supporting marxist corrup BLM. :banghead:

Like said English supporters association think booing is being racist! They've lost sight of what blm stands for as an organisation..
pembroke allan

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Lets get one thing straight. Organisations like this see racism in everything. They will invent new forms of racism if all racism was eradicated. Their careers and reason for being are built on it.

To these people if Rooney gets abuse, thats banter.Abuse Sterling and its racism.
JJ1927

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:03 pm

There’s been far too much waffle on this subject..F**k em..

Can the mods please merge the threads..
rumpo kid

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:39 pm

JJ1927 wrote:To these people if Rooney gets abuse, thats banter.Abuse Sterling and its racism.

What utter rubbish !!

I really hope you’ve typed that without thinking.

If somebody abuses Rooney merely for the colour of his skin or religion that is racism too.

If someone calls Sterling a t@£t that’s not racism unless you’re calling him that just because he’s black.

I’ve posted before that I’m not in favour of taking the knee now but let’s not lose sight of the fact that there is a large amount of racism out there that needs to be ended.

Let’s not let the arguments about BLM mask the main issue, racism exists and it shouldn’t in a civilised society.............. simple.
piledriver64

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:To these people if Rooney gets abuse, thats banter.Abuse Sterling and its racism.

What utter rubbish !!

If somebody abuses Rooney merely for the colour of his skin or religion that is racism too.

If someone calls Sterling a t@£t that’s not racism unless you’re calling him that just because he’s black.

I’ve posted before that I’m not in favour of taking the knee now but let’s not lose sight of the fact that there is a large amount of racism out there that needs to be ended.

Let’s not let the arguments about BLM mask the main issue, racism exists and it shouldn’t in a civilised society.............. simple.

I certainly think about everything i type and more than willing to debate things rationally. Are you a Cardiff fan? If so please tell me when you last heard racism at a Cardiff match? I go to every home game and probably half of the away games and cant remember the last time i heard anything. Plenty of anti English and anti Welsh- but not racism. Any yet if you listen to the media we are led to believe its rife in football grounds.

Of course racism exists- though i beg to differ on your opinion that there's a huge amount in society- but please lets not find it when its not there. Unfortunately football is being used by the anti - racist careerists and radicals to further their cause and they are willingly assisted by a very compliant tv media.

And regards to my comments surrounding Sterling- who i find a nice person when interviewed- the allegations of racism cropped up when he chose to excuse the fact that he had a gun tattooed on his leg by saying it was a tribute to his father who had been shot. Whether justified or not there was no racism in the criticism and yet this didn't stop the allegation being made.
JJ1927

Postby WestCoastBlue » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm

I thought this is what people wanted?
BLM has been removed from the shirts, pundits no longer wear BLM badges, BLM signage has been removed from stadiums, Hope United has been set up by BT to replace BLM, etc. People asked why was Kick it Out replaced with BLM and said they'd happily support a KiO awareness/anti-racism campaign, but now the chief executive of KiO has said they're happy to use the knee gesture as part of their own organisation people still complain?

Taking the knee didn't start with BLM, it won't end with BLM and it's not exclusive to BLM. If every organisation, cause, protest, etc needed a new gesture every time they occurred we'd have run out of various poses for various appendages long ago :lol:
WestCoastBlue

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

What utter rubbish !!

I certainly think about everything i type and more than willing to debate things rationally. Are you a Cardiff fan? If so please tell me when you last heard racism at a Cardiff match? I go to every home game and probably half of the away games and cant remember the last time i heard anything. Plenty of anti English and anti Welsh- but not racism. Any yet if you listen to the media we are led to believe its rife in football grounds.

I’ve been going down the City for 50 years this year, does that make me City fan enough for me to have an opinion ?

You ask for examples of racism from City fans. I would accept we’re not as bad as many but it’s there.

Just two examples from me, but there have been more.

Away at Man City in our first promotion year, a group of fans singing about the Man City “Rag head” and “terrorist” owners.

At home, last time we played Brentford at home with fans, group of 5-6 City fans in Block 14 of Ninian Stand making monkey noises at one of the Brentford players. A load of City fans told them to button it and kicked off until stewards moved in.

Don’t be an ostrich, racism exists in many if not all grounds and needs to be stamped out.
piledriver64

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:39 am

You could say the same for murder, robbery, or driving dangerously. Tell us how you do it.
And why doesn’t someone step in when it’s anti English, or where is the intervention when get ya tots out is sung .. anti racism is self selective it seems...

Seems the left have little else to do but mither over their self-importance with this.. , and count the cash.

Meanwhile, BBC Wales are desperately seeking a method of taking the knee in Welsh..
rumpo kid

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:46 am

rumpo kid wrote:You could say the same for murder, robbery, or driving dangerously. Tell us how you do it

Well acknowledging it happens would be a start.

Too may people pretending it’s not there just perpetuates the problem.
piledriver64

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:36 am

piledriver64 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:You could say the same for murder, robbery, or driving dangerously. Tell us how you do it

none of the above including racism should happen in a civilised society ..

but they do exist { all be it less here than the majority of countries } and pretending there are people that believe or have said they do not exist when you know damn well its not true.. ..whats that about ? sorry but most people are not racist, not murderers, dont rape.... and dont feel superior or have a sense of achievement for not being..
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:13 am

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

but they do exist { all be it less here than the majority of countries } and pretending there are people that believe or have said they do not exist when you know damn well its not true.. ..whats that about ? sorry but most people are not racist, not murderers, dont rape.... and dont feel superior or have a sense of achievement for not being..

I’m just not getting why murderers and rapists are being brought into this strand............ strange.

The difference with racism in football against murderers/rapists is that football grounds are a much more controlled environment and therefore it can be stamped out there if we really want to.

We can’t control the abhorrent, ignorant racist in general society but we can certainly get rid of it in our stadiums. Surely most right minded people can see that ?
piledriver64

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 am

piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I’m just not getting why murderers and rapists are being brought into this strand............ strange.

The difference with racism in football against murderers/rapists is that football grounds are a much more controlled environment and therefore it can be stamped out there if we really want to.

We can’t control the abhorrent, ignorant racist in general society but we can certainly get rid of it in our stadiums. Surely most right minded people can see that ?

most right minded people realise , that you can not control thoughts or what next comes out of some ones mouth ..but also that racism is not being tolerated in stadiums ..we are already at a point where games are stopped , announcements made even arrests where there was no racism , just someone not really sure what they heard but scared of being accused of ignoring it should it turn out to have been racist.. you can not control thought and can not control what next comes out of some ones mouth you can only deal with it after the event... so therefore impossible to stop completely...
skidemin

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

What utter rubbish !!

I’ve been going down the City for 50 years this year, does that make me City fan enough for me to have an opinion ?

You ask for examples of racism from City fans. I would accept we’re not as bad as many but it’s there.

Just two examples from me, but there have been more.

Away at Man City in our first promotion year, a group of fans singing about the Man City “Rag head” and “terrorist” owners.

At home, last time we played Brentford at home with fans, group of 5-6 City fans in Block 14 of Ninian Stand making monkey noises at one of the Brentford players. A load of City fans told them to button it and kicked off until stewards moved in.

Don’t be an ostrich, racism exists in many if not all grounds and needs to be stamped out.

Well Vince's drum must be drowning it out where I stand because the last time i heard monkey noises at the City would have been thirty years ago. You are entitled to your opinion but i like most others I know feel the problem has been massively exaggerated. But maybe we are all ostriches and perhaps we should all attend re-education lessons before we are allowed to attend matches
JJ1927

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:54 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Of course it happens.. but taking the knee is futile, as Barnes and Zaha are saying. Also haven’t seen any down the City since the 80s. It’s mostly online and extremely rare in the grounds, so the constant bombardment is getting on most right minded peoples tits tbh..
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat