Gareth Bale odds

Gambler's Den

Gareth Bale odds

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:41 am

Gareth bale to Cardiff 3/1
Any MLS club 5/1
Tottenham 6/1
Any Chinese club 10/1

So we're favourites with the bookies for him to join, do you think there's actually something in this?
Jimmy Floyd

Gareth Bale odds

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gareth Bale odds

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:17 am

Adam Brown thinks so.
Bakedalasker

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Adam Brown thinks so.

I don't suppose that's globalnews247 is it? I try to dodge them links if I can help it :lol:
Jimmy Floyd

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:42 am

Jimmy Floyd wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Adam Brown thinks so.

I don't suppose that's globalnews247 is it? I try to dodge them links if I can help it :lol:

No that's Daya but his news usually follows Brownie.
Bakedalasker

Postby luxy1970 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:56 am

Skybet
Attachments
Screenshot_20210627-104830_Sky Bet.jpg
Screenshot_20210627-104830_Sky Bet.jpg (270.13 KiB) Viewed 51748 times
luxy1970

Postby Igovernor » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:24 am

I am sure VT would be doing his best to get Bale home!
Igovernor

Postby mugsy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:41 am

After yesterday's performance there's no rush!
mugsy

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:11 am

No thanks
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:12 am

I've been told that odds are based on how much money come in for it. So he may only be favourite because a lot of city fans have put money on it. I didn't think it was like that, I thought there must be talk happening behind the scenes for the odds to be low. So may actually be nothing in it! We can still dream
Jimmy Floyd

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:13 am

mugsy wrote:After yesterday's performance there's no rush!

Bit harsh, he's still a top top player. I'd love to see him here at City but can't see it materialising
Jimmy Floyd

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Jimmy Floyd wrote:

Bit harsh, he's still a top top player. I'd love to see him here at City but can't see it materialising

I agree. He’d be excellent in the championship but MLS or China is what I’m thinking.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:

I agree. He’d be excellent in the championship but MLS or China is what I’m thinking.

It seems quite a few on here think he could come here to the City and forego his half a mill a week?
:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:30 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:

It seems quite a few on here think he could come here to the City and forego his half a mill a week?

If he does come to Cardiff he obviously isn't doing it for the cash. He's got more than enough to live a very very comfortable life, signing for Cardiff would be out of sentiment not for money.

I'd love to see it but I'm doubtful it will happen. But money isn't the stumbling block.
WestCoastBlue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:30 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:

If he does come to Cardiff he obviously isn't doing it for the cash. He's got more than enough to live a very very comfortable life, signing for Cardiff would be out of sentiment not for money.

I'd love to see it but I'm doubtful it will happen. But money isn't the stumbling block.

More out of coming home than sentiment I think mate as he’s never really been a city fan. Think it would be for the same resins as Bellamy if it did happen…which I personally don’t think it will.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby todder76 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:48 pm

So has Annis heard anything on this he seems to be the man in know
todder76

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:50 pm

so heres playing the devils advocate, lets say city could get him, and on a wage the club would be happy with, it would be hugely beneficial to the club in a few regards, more games on tv, (more tv money) raises the profile of the club, bale is liked in places such as malaysia, china, and elsewhere which is good for our club. the shirt sales with his name on the back would be massive, and you know we would get "X" amount of extra fans per game just to see him play. on the field, having someone like that as a number 10, would surely cause oppositions to waste a man or two marking him, freeing up some space. it also is a huge draw for signing any future players, example, cardiff and derby go for a player, both offer the same amount of £, we can say, well, we got bale, you get to play with a superstar.
bluebird04

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:56 pm

It would be a nice story, I just can't see it happening.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:01 pm

As said if he was to come here he wouldn't be doing it for the cash, he's had a torrid time in the Spanish media the past few years being labelled a money grabber for running his contract down and not leaving. It would be a big finger up to them if he took an 80% pay cut to come home! And he DOES support City, he's come out and said it in interviews, he went to Ninian park as a kid. Bellamy has always said he doesn't support us, Liverpool are his main team. He still joined so you never know! Besides, we didn't mind bellers playing every other game due to a dodgy knee so I'm sure we wouldn't mind Bale missing training Monday's and Thursday's to go and hit some drives :lol: Also, is he still an elite top level player? He's definitely not past his best for Cardiff but could he consistently perform for Real or Spurs for another season? I'm not sure. and with all that said I still can't see him being here next season!
Jimmy Floyd

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:56 pm

Can we have a whip around to buy him a new driver and membership at llanishen?
welshrarebit

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:06 am

welshrarebit wrote:Can we have a whip around to buy him a new driver and membership at llanishen?

He's sorted Dai Hunt out as his 'caddy', using SamRean for PR and media purposes and donating half his (to him) meagre wages and a month's use of his private Florida manse to this Forum's money man, the B£ue £agoon as a gesture of goodwill to the hard done by...

You heard ot here first... ;) 8-)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:31 am

Sven wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:Can we have a whip around to buy him a new driver and membership at llanishen?

He's sorted Dai Hunt out as his 'caddy', using SamRean for PR and media purposes and donating half his (to him) meagre wages and a month's use of his private Florida manse to this Forum's money man, the B£ue £agoon as a gesture of goodwill to the hard done by...

And there's me thinking you'd stay quiet chris :lol: :lol: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:

He’s got little or no sentiment for City and of course he can afford to play for nothing so that’s not a stumbling block but he’s proved over the last few years that he’s completely driven by money.

He’s been sitting on his arse, wasting his talent for the last couple of years when a drop in salary would have seen him be able to pick a club he wanted to play for. But no he decided to move to China for even more money!
China ffs!

Man utd, Juventus, he could have played for almost anyone but he decided to pick up his huge wages and play golf so it’s obvious being so driven by money he isn’t going to give up his final year and play for peanuts with us!

Jeez, I don’t know why I’m even discussing this! :banghead: :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby skidemin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:14 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:

He’s got little or no sentiment for City and of course he can afford to play for nothing so that’s not a stumbling block but he’s proved over the last few years that he’s completely driven by money.

He’s been sitting on his arse, wasting his talent for the last couple of years when a drop in salary would have seen him be able to pick a club he wanted to play for. But no he decided to move to China for even more money!
China ffs!

Man utd, Juventus, he could have played for almost anyone but he decided to pick up his huge wages and play golf so it’s obvious being so driven by money he isn’t going to give up his final year and play for peanuts with us!

Jeez, I don’t know why I’m even discussing this! :banghead: :lol:

none of what you say is wrong re chasing the dosh. but outlooks can change.. and year by year he has got richer and at some point it just might become enough and being settled becomes the priority ..he has a home here ,a business here , a young family with a wife who is local even made sure his kids were born here....... he loves Cardiff and Wales and only he knows if he has an affinity to the club...but prior to signing how often did CB watch us or mention us..? and on that note CB never gave up a penny to come here it was Citeh not wanting him around at any cost and him turning down moves elsewhere... same could happen in this case.. do RM want the saga to continue or maybe give him a golden handshake and allow him to play for someone thats not in competition with them and not therefore going to bite them on the arse...?

its extremely unlikely but i certainly see why people are wishful thinking and betting on it....
skidemin

Postby northside of risca » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Jimmy Floyd wrote:Gareth bale to Cardiff 3/1
Any MLS club 5/1
Tottenham 6/1
Any Chinese club 10/1

So we're favourites with the bookies for him to join, do you think there's actually something in this?

No mate , he’s actually signed for BT Hope Utd , not sure what league they play in but I heard that Emma Hayes is going to be manager and they’ll be taking the knee before every set piece and throwing.
northside of risca

Postby Ray Bishop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:37 am

So he’ll forego the £400k a week in the final year of his Madrid contract and slog it out playing Saturday/Tuesday in the Championship for a lot less money and putting his body through the ringer. You know it makes sense Gareth
Ray Bishop

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:14 am

Sven wrote:

Chris ........ RM are going to pay up his contract (not in full) 10m by all accounts. He’s going to come to us on a free his wages will be 100k a week plus a percentage of shirts/sponsorship apparently! He will also only play Saturdays to give himself time to recover. It would appear he will save a huge amount not renting his place out of Spain and can live in his castle in Cardiff.

Makes sense and I’ve been told VT has been putting huge amounts of money at the bookies hence why we are shortest odds.

I’ll keep an eye out for you running on the pitch at his first game.
Pulisnewport

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris ........ RM are going to pay up his contract (not in full) 10m by all accounts. He’s going to come to us on a free his wages will be 100k a week plus a percentage of shirts/sponsorship apparently! He will also only play Saturdays to give himself time to recover. It would appear he will save a huge amount not renting his place out of Spain and can live in his castle in Cardiff.

Makes sense and I’ve been told VT has been putting huge amounts of money at the bookies hence why we are shortest odds.

Gareth Bale will return to Real Madrid for the final year of his £480,000-per-week contract.

Bales says he wants to finish his final season at Real Madrid and is relishing the challenge, Bale has also been told he is wanted back.

A number of Premier Clubs have shown interest in the Welsh international, but were only willing to pay 50% of Bales wages.

Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has confirmed Bale won't play at Tottenham for a second season, with the Welshman set to see out the year he has left on his contract at Real Madrid confirmed Barnett.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:59 am

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

Gareth Bale will return to Real Madrid for the final year of his £480,000-per-week contract.

Bales says he wants to finish his final season at Real Madrid and is relishing the challenge, Bale has also been told he is wanted back.

A number of Premier Clubs have shown interest in the Welsh international, but were only willing to pay 50% of Bales wages.

Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has confirmed Bale won't play at Tottenham for a second season, with the Welshman set to see out the year he has left on his contract at Real Madrid confirmed Barnett.

his agent can not say anything other than that
skidemin

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 am

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

his agent can not say anything other than that

You are correct but others on here obviously don’t understand a bit of banter!

These poor soles advise us of “what’s occurring” because they are not on the same wave length of others.

The World is full of them and so is this site not inc you of course.
Pulisnewport

Return to Gambler's Den