Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 26/06/21

Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:08 am

Matt Hancock affair: Health secretary apologises for breaking social distancing guidelines -

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has admitted breaking social distancing guidance after pictures of him kissing an aide were published in a newspaper.

He said he had "let people down" after photos emerged of him with Gina Coladangelo - whom he appointed - and he was "very sorry".

Labour urged the PM to sack Mr Hancock, calling his position "untenable".

But Downing Street said Boris Johnson accepted Mr Hancock's apology and considered the matter closed.

A spokesman added that the prime minister had full confidence in the health secretary.

The Sun reported that its pictures of Mr Hancock and Ms Coladangelo, who are both married with three children, had been taken inside the Department of Health on 6 May.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 am

And you still believe what your "Government" tells you..........please wake up.

C'mon guys and gals, deep down you know you cannot trust your leaders, it's not rocket science is it?

If Hancock lies to his wife.......who else does he lie to? If Boris supports a mistrustful person, who else does he trust?

It's as black and white as you will ever see.....please wake up and don't turn it GREY. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:14 am

TheHangedMan wrote:And you still believe what your "Government" tells you..........please wake up.

C'mon guys and gals, deep down you know you cannot trust your leaders, it's not rocket science is it?

If Hancock lies to his wife.......who else does he lie to? If Boris supports a mistrustful person, who else does he trust?

It's as black and white as you will ever see.....please wake up and don't turn it GREY. :bluebird:

how i see it.... its too late to turn the clock back... the majority were scared { to some degree still are } the majority have been vaccinated { but seem to have very little confidence in the vaccine } and the majority doubt much of the info given them.. having said that , it seems as if many see this as taking a side and having taken a side will continue to turn blind eyes to their doubts and happily go along with whatever Simon next says....
no idea where we go from here...

Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Sidney now gone into lockdown from part of city to the whole of city and it's been extended by an extra 7 days as delta variant spreading.. very few people been vaccinated in Australia to many scared of astra zeneca vaccine to have it.. ....

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Matt Hancock quits as health secretary after breaking social distance guidance -

Matt Hancock has resigned as health secretary after he breached social distancing guidance by kissing a colleague.

In a letter to the PM he says the government "owe it to people who have sacrificed so much in this pandemic to be honest when we have let them down".

He reiterated his apology for "breaking the guidance" and he apologised.

It comes after pictures emerged of him with Gina Coladangelo, reportedly taken on 6 May :wave:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:08 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Matt Hancock quits as health secretary after breaking social distance guidance -

Matt Hancock has resigned as health secretary after he breached social distancing guidance by kissing a colleague.

In a letter to the PM he says the government "owe it to people who have sacrificed so much in this pandemic to be honest when we have let them down".

He reiterated his apology for "breaking the guidance" and he apologised.

It comes after pictures emerged of him with Gina Coladangelo, reportedly taken on 6 May :wave:

Watch the fall out of that picture...cameras are not allowed in offices talk of official secrets act being broken..... but apparently the purprtator is known but because of the whistleblowing laws they're protected

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/06/21

Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Sajid Javid: Who is the new health secretary?

Sajid Javid has been appointed health secretary after the resignation of Matt Hancock for breaking social distancing guidelines.

He was previously promoted to chancellor upon Boris Johnson's arrival in Downing Street in July 2019. Mr Javid served as home secretary under former prime minister Theresa May.

He was chancellor for just six months - making him the shortest serving chancellor since Iain Macleod, who died shortly after taking office in 1970, according to the Institute for Government.

Mr Javid quit just under a month before he was set to deliver his first Budget in February 2020. The November 2019 Budget was cancelled because of the snap election.

Good Luck - Keep your chin and pants UP !!!! ;)

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 28/06/21

Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Sajid Javid wants return to normal 'as soon as possible' -

Sajid Javid has said he wants to see a return to normal "as quickly as possible" after replacing Matt Hancock as health secretary.

Speaking on Sunday, Mr Javid said he would do all he could to "deliver for the people of this great country".

His appointment comes after Mr Hancock stood down on Saturday for breaching Covid rules by kissing a colleague.

Mr Javid, who has had several key government roles, said his predecessor had worked "incredibly hard".

His return to the cabinet comes 16 months after his shock resignation as chancellor.

But Labour criticised the appointment, saying he had been an "architect of austerity" that weakened the NHS.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/06/21

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Covid-19: End of England's Covid rules still set for 19 July -

The final easing of lockdown measures in England is still set for 19 July, the new health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid told MPs that ministers "see no reason to go beyond" that "target date".

He said that while cases were rising, the number of deaths "remains mercifully low".

In a statement, he said no date for lifting restrictions would come with "zero risk" and that "we have to learn to live with" Covid-19.

"We also know that people and businesses need certainty, so we want every step to be irreversible," he said.

"The restrictions on our freedoms, they must come to an end."

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/06/21

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Only 88 people in hospital with or suspected covid in wales lowest since start of pandemic... :clap:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/06/21

Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:07 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 30th June 2021

UK

Total Doses of both Vaccinations 32.9 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Cases 26,068

New Deaths 14

Total deaths 128,140

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/07/21

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Football linked to 2,000 Scottish Covid cases -

Nearly 2,000 Covid cases in Scotland have been linked to people watching Euro 2020 football matches.

Public Health Scotland said two thirds of the 1,991 cases were people who travelled to London for Scotland's game with England on 18 June.

This included 397 fans who were inside Wembley for the match.

A relatively small number of cases reported attending the Fanzone in Glasgow, or Scotland's two home matches at Hampden.

Scotland was only allocated 2,600 tickets for the match at Wembley because of Covid restrictions.

But tens of thousands of fans are believed to have travelled to London despite warnings not to do so unless they had a ticket.

Many gathered together in large groups in central London ahead of the game, with those in Leicester Square being moved on by police shortly after half-time.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/07/21

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 am

Covid: Boris Johnson upbeat about easing lockdown in England on 19 July -

The PM says he is hoping England will return to as close to the pre-pandemic status quo as possible on 19 July.

Boris Johnson said he would set out in the next few days what step four of the roadmap out of lockdown - due in just over two weeks - will look like.

But he added some "extra precautions" may still be needed and urged patience over the possibility of scrapping isolation for whole bubbles in schools.

The PM also said double jabs would be "a liberator" for foreign travel.

On Thursday, the UK recorded 27,989 new Covid cases, the highest daily figure reported since 29 January, and a further 22 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/07/21

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Boris Johnson upbeat about easing lockdown in England on 19 July -

The PM says he is hoping England will return to as close to the pre-pandemic status quo as possible on 19 July.

Boris Johnson said he would set out in the next few days what step four of the roadmap out of lockdown - due in just over two weeks - will look like.

But he added some "extra precautions" may still be needed and urged patience over the possibility of scrapping isolation for whole bubbles in schools.

The PM also said double jabs would be "a liberator" for foreign travel.

On Thursday, the UK recorded 27,989 new Covid cases, the highest daily figure reported since 29 January, and a further 22 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

That's just about 1 death a day past month also other day there was about 85 people in England in hospital with covid ... so whilst lots more cases the effect is negligible compared to 1st or 2nd wave? Be interesting what data drakeford uses later in month boris already saying restrictions basically be gone with exception possibly of masks and need for double vaccine in certain situations this restriction already starting to be used world wide.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/07/21

Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:49 pm

UPDATED: Saturday 3rd July 2021

UK

VACCINATED 1st DOSES 85.5% :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

1st Doses 45,013,503 Million :thumbright: :thumbright:

VACCINATED 2nd DOSES 63.1% :thumbright: :thumbright:

2nd Doses 33,242,265 Million :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED: Saturday 3rd July 2021

UK

VACCINATED 1st DOSES 85.5% :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

1st Doses 45,013,503 Million :thumbright: :thumbright:

VACCINATED 2nd DOSES 63.1% :thumbright: :thumbright:

2nd Doses 33,242,265 Million :thumbright: :thumbright:

Norway to pay compensation for AstraZeneca side effects as patients who suffered from Pfizer & Moderna watch and wait.

https://www.rt.com/news/528174-norway-a ... ensations/

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:49 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:And you still believe what your "Government" tells you..........please wake up.

Strong rumour regarding Gove who is effectively the No 2 in Government.

Fact - divorce just announced.

Allegedly now living with young 'aide' of male variety and has been having a gay affair with someone else largely conducted in House of Commons toilets. Wonder if they were wearing masks, if this alleged situation is verified.

Hands, Face ,Space :roll: .

What an 'effin gang and the other lot are no better.

I wonder what the Sundays will dare print.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:53 pm

No surprise what so ever. Here comes the outing. Cannot tell me his missus suspected nowt.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/07/21

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Covid: Caution needed over double-jab exemption - expert

Allowing fully vaccinated people to skip self-isolation risks a "loss of compliance", a psychologist has warned.

Prof Robert West said the move - being considered by ministers - could breed "resentment" and encourage those without both jabs to ignore the rules.

A Downing Street source said no decisions had been taken over the change, which reports said would come after most restrictions end in England.

Meanwhile, a further 24,885 Covid cases were reported in the UK on Saturday.

Another 18 deaths within 28 days of a positive test were also recorded. However, another 122,377 first vaccine doses and 160,763 second jabs were also delivered.

People identified as close contacts of a confirmed Covid case are currently required to self-isolate for up to 10 full days when contacted by NHS Test and Trace.

But the government is considering allowing those who are fully protected to continue life as normal without isolating or conducting daily tests after the final stage of England's roadmap out of lockdown.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:16 am

Headline from the Mail on Sunday:

EXCLUSIVE: Sajid Javid goes full speed ahead towards lifting ALL lockdown restrictions to 'make Britain the most open country in Europe' from July 19 in dramatic tone shift from shamed predecessor Matt Hancock

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

My question is why is there suddenly a "tone shift"?

Is it feasible that the Government have now realised that THEIR citizens, who they are beholden to, have decided enough is enough. Have the under reported marches on the Capital made them realise that we are all sovereign and free? We were born that way, and thus, that is our natural disposition.

I have already stated that come the 19th July I will go about my business as I used to, circa 18 months ago. I do not need the Government to tell me what to do, after all, they are our servants right? :bluebird:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:00 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Headline from the Mail on Sunday:

EXCLUSIVE: Sajid Javid goes full speed ahead towards lifting ALL lockdown restrictions to 'make Britain the most open country in Europe' from July 19 in dramatic tone shift from shamed predecessor Matt Hancock

Is it feasible that the Government have now realised that THEIR citizens, who they are beholden to, have decided enough is enough. Have the under reported marches on the Capital made them realise that we are all sovereign and free? We were born that way, and thus, that is our natural disposition.

I have already stated that come the 19th July I will go about my business as I used to, circa 18 months ago. I do not need the Government to tell me what to do, after all, they are our servants right? :bluebird:

Fine but please stay away from me :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:30 am

Igovernor wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: If I knew what you looked like I would!! But you know my face, so you have to be the kerb dodger. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:00 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: If I knew what you looked like I would!! But you know my face, so you have to be the kerb dodger. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yep! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Perhaps it may be that Sajid Javid recognises the substantial reduction in hospital admissions and deaths caused by covid now the vaccination uptake has been so successful. As a result, the time has come to lift many restrictions.
Anyway, that's for our English neighbours.
I wonder if Mr Drakeford will agree to do the same in Wales.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:09 pm

will believe this only after it has happened...

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/07/21

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:26 pm

Boris Johnson to set out England's final Covid lockdown easing -

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is preparing to detail the final step of England's roadmap out of lockdown.

He is expected to announce the next steps on social distancing, face coverings and working from home, as well as on care home visits, during a No 10 news conference on Monday.

Step four of the roadmap was delayed last month to no earlier than 19 July.

Mr Johnson said as we "learn to live with this virus, we must... exercise judgement when going about our lives".

Labour's shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth urged the government to confirm "what level of mortality and cases of long Covid" it considers acceptable.

"Letting cases rise with no action means further pressure on the NHS, more sickness, disruption to education - and risks a new variant emerging with a selection advantage," he warned.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are in charge of their own coronavirus rules, and the Scottish government has suggested it may retain some basic measures at its next review in August.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:15 pm

A quarter of covid deaths in Wales came where people cought virus in hospital? That's an horrendous amount...

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:02 pm

That is the most awkward statement I have seen from Sir Boris, to compound the unease we had inputs from Sir Twitty and God of all Humans.......Mr Valance.

It's not always about what they say, a better teller of truth is how they act. Right from the kick off (don't take my word for it, replay your own clips)....all eyes were pointing south. If you have a conversation with anyone, a sure tell that they are withholding something, or worse, actually lying, their eyes will drop to the floor.

They will not look you in the eye, and suddenly the carpet becomes the most interesting thing in the room.

As the Skidmeister said, I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime a quick prediction........we may have a new variant, on the last variant, which surpasses the other variant, which killed off the really bad variant in Kent......and we're back to square one. You heard it here 1st. :bluebird:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am

TheHangedMan wrote:That is the most awkward statement I have seen from Sir Boris, to compound the unease we had inputs from Sir Twitty and God of all Humans.......Mr Valance.

It's not always about what they say, a better teller of truth is how they act. Right from the kick off (don't take my word for it, replay your own clips)....all eyes were pointing south. If you have a conversation with anyone, a sure tell that they are withholding something, or worse, actually lying, their eyes will drop to the floor.

They will not look you in the eye, and suddenly the carpet becomes the most interesting thing in the room.

In the meantime a quick prediction........we may have a new variant, on the last variant, which surpasses the other variant, which killed off the really bad variant in Kent......and we're back to square one. You heard it here 1st. :bluebird:

Looks like he's going to do it, he's going for heard immunity with the majority vaccinated and lots of young healthy people catching the virus and having antibodies. He has to do it we can't go on forever but it's a bold move with many scientists trying to slow it down and already Captain Hindsight has come out and said he should put the brakes on, he's leaving himself open to criticism. They are expecting cases to reach 100,000 cases a day by August, but it looks like it will work as a very low percentage will have serious illness?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ugust.html

I would imagine Drakeford will do the opposite and slow us right down for longer, he will say that we can vaccinate the remainder of the population, wanting to be vaccinated by September?

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:50 am

TheHangedMan wrote:That is the most awkward statement I have seen from Sir Boris, to compound the unease we had inputs from Sir Twitty and God of all Humans.......Mr Valance.

I think he will do it, I know what you mean he did look sheepish though, could he just be concerned from the reaction when the numbers go up? The other two weren't that happy you could see that, they are not sure and will always err on the side of caution if they could?

We have to do it we can't go on like this forever :thumbup: