“ CARDIFF CITY MEETING LAST NIGHT / CCFC FANS UPDATE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 am

VINCE ALM:

Main points from the SLO meeting last night down the club

1. No more E cigarette smoking to be allowed inside the stadium or the bowl, E cigarette to be used in the designated smoking areas of the stadium only outside of the bowl.

2. Abuse on social media to be added to the fans charter

3. Southampton and Newport will have home supporters only allowed and tickets go on sale Tuesday 20th of July 10.00am online only first come basis. There will be no Covid testing required however fans will have to follow the club code of conduct. Supporters will also be asked to arrive at the ground at staggered times which you can choose your slot when purchasing your tickets.

4. The Newport and Southampton fixtures are both subject to the latest Welsh government restrictions level 1 which allow social distancing of 1.5mt when supporters are sat down hence a capacity restriction of just over 8,000; 1mt social distance would have enabled 11,500 capacity which has been the guidance in England for months.

5. To maximise the capacity the club have asked if we can purchase in groups of 6 which will be sold in a random fashion generated by the computer to maximise capacity. You will not be able to choose your season ticket seat. Anyone can buy a ticket and you can also purchase tickets for your bubble, however everyone attending will have to be on the club data base. You will be given a choice of a e ticket to your phone, or a paper ticket posted to your address.

6. Barnsley and future home games currently will be restriction free regards capacity if Welsh government bring the covid level to Zero as promised on 7th August, however if restrictions are put in place by Welsh government which enforces the club not to be able to satisfy spaces for all its season ticket holders, home games will be done through a ballot system. Those who are successful in a ballot will be given the option to go to the game and if they attend will then go t the back of the queue for the next game, as was in place for many clubs in England during the end of last season.

7. Away fixtures: the club are waiting for the EFL to make an announcement once restrictions end in England on Monday 19th July.

8. The stadium museum project is progressing well on level 3 of the Ninian Stand and the club will be hopeful of it opening in the coming months once complete

9. Peter Whittingham tribute; The club are looking to hold tributes for the first home fixture against Barnsley for Peter Whittingham with also Aston Villa being approached to take part in a game in the future for him. It was also discussed naming a stand after Peter Whittingham which we will canvass our members for their views and the wider fan base views to assess if there is a desire amongst fans for it. We will work with other fans groups to see what level of support there is for the idea and then put the proposal to the club, with some of the Supporters club and the Trust members already expressing their support for the idea to our respective committees.

10. Safe standing: new legislation is coming into football allowing safe standing in the premier league, and Championship. Clubs will need to install certified seating systems that allow people to stand safe. For the time being things will be the same where the club risk assess each game and allow standing in the Canton stand only.

11. Season ticket sales are going well in the first two weeks and are ahead of last season at the same time
Attachments
9175B999-2E8C-4260-8651-57B8ABD5E1A8.jpeg
9175B999-2E8C-4260-8651-57B8ABD5E1A8.jpeg (9.79 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY MEETING LAST NIGHT / CCFC FANS UPDATE “

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:34 am

Wales will have to wait on Drakeford for away fans to come to Cardiff.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby stickywicket » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:54 am

it's still hard to believe Whitts is gone.
Naming a stand after Peter is the least the club can do. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:
stickywicket

Postby Blue78 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:57 am

If we aren’t able to get all fans in for the Barnsley game, I think the club should consider postponing the Peter Whittingham tribute until we can.

Such an important player and figure for this club, I think it is only right that everyone who wants to pay their respects has the opportunity to do so.
Blue78

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 am

Blue78 wrote:If we aren’t able to get all fans in for the Barnsley game, I think the club should consider postponing the Peter Whittingham tribute until we can.

Such an important player and figure for this club, I think it is only right that everyone who wants to pay their respects has the opportunity to do so.

:thumbright:
piledriver64

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:48 am

Club must get the tribute to the legend of Peter right. This is massive for me and needs alot of planning and thought. Not a half empty stadium....I would name the stadium after him but understand more realistically it will be a stand.
boyo1927

Postby WestCoastBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:20 pm

First I've heard of a Stadium Museum project. Anyone got some info on that?

As for consulting supporters regarding naming a stand after Whittingham I imagine that will be a resounding YES. I personally think it should either be the family stand or main stand. The Ninian is named after our former home and Lord Ninian who helped get the stadium built before being killed in WW1. "The Canton" has become synonymous with us and Wales as being the singing stand similar to the Kop, Holte End, The Shed, The Gallowgate End, etc.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:29 pm

Surely the Peter Whittingham tribute should be held for our home game against Blackburn??
Llantwit bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 pm

VINCE ALM:

Sorry for the confusion I have change the wording slightly regarding groups of 6 attending the friendlies to maximise capacity. It is not mandatory or a condition you have to go with six people, the club have asked if you can purchase in groups up to 6 it will allow more supporters to attend the fixtures, but if you are not they will not prevent you from buying 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 tickets if that is all you want.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Naming a stand for our greatest ever bluebird is fantastic, but to go further into making the ultimate tribute for him will be making a statue of him outside the stadium so everyone remembers how incredible he was not just as our great player but as a human being. Maybe they might have a video tribute alongside a minute appluse/silence for him which would be incredible. Lastly on Whitts I think the club should organise a testimony/tribute match for him since he never had one with the club, with all the legendary names returning like chopra bothroyd McNaughton Hudson, even bringing back David Marshall. Because I have no doubt that the players he played with wished he had that 1 more match to give him a true testimonial.

Other topics that got discussed I have no issue with really, if there was anything that i would love to see is 1. our away kit of course 2. the return of hey jude before games and finally 3. the return to our old badge...but they are next to nothing ideas really as they are not what the club want to do so yeah, eventually we will see our away kit but for the others they wont waste money or time on it and not many fans would want this.

And another thing i want but the club have no money to do anything about is having pictures of the past wrapped around the stadium inside.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby stickywicket » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wales will have to wait on Drakeford for away fans to come to Cardiff.

Interesting how many fans will be hesitant about returning?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... g-24551466
stickywicket

Postby Blueberry Jam » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:42 am

Myself and my grandson are both season ticket holders. How can I ensure we go to home games together. As I understand it, at the moment in the ballot for tickets for league games he could be allocated a ticket but I may not, Therefore he would not be able to go either.
Can a system be introduced whereby people who must be together are given tickets in the ballot for the same games.

HELP
Blueberry Jam

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:36 pm

No more E - Cig in the ground ......But Coughing allowed ;) :roll:
TopCat CCFC

Postby corky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:Myself and my grandson are both season ticket holders. How can I ensure we go to home games together. As I understand it, at the moment in the ballot for tickets for league games he could be allocated a ticket but I may not, Therefore he would not be able to go either.
Can a system be introduced whereby people who must be together are given tickets in the ballot for the same games.

HELP

You can link season tickets on the friends and family section, just log in to your account , then click on your account then go to friends and family, enter your sons e mail and link accounts, I cant see how you would not both get tickets though, they are looking for groups so a group of 2 is better than a single ticket
new season,new start
corky

Return to General Chat