“ MORE QUALITY NEEDED? “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ MORE QUALITY NEEDED? “

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:16 pm

MY VIEW:

LETS JUST LOOK AT THESE GAMES AS GETTING OUR PLAYERS FIT / BUT I PERSONALLY BELIEVE WE NEED MORE QUALITY IN THE CARDIFF CITY SQUAD :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

SOME BETTER QUALITY/ NO MORE FROM THE LOWER LEAGUES FOR A WHILE :thumbright: :bluebird:

I think this current squad is weaker than last season.

OPINIONS?
Attachments
23DE3DB1-446A-4285-985D-D1E4B6E787EE.jpeg
23DE3DB1-446A-4285-985D-D1E4B6E787EE.jpeg (195.65 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

“ MORE QUALITY NEEDED? “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ MORE QUALITY NEEDED? “

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Hard to see how side will finish higher than 12th,quality needed up front and out wide.
Lose any more experienced pros and it could well be a very,very tough season.
fred keenor

Postby pontlliwblue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:31 pm

I thought the same after watching both those games but got to remember there are still 6 or 7 first traders we have yet to see so far in close season. But I agree we still need a quality creative midfielder as we have for the last three seasons.
pontlliwblue

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:11 pm

You can read absolutely nothing in to today. It was literally two training games, it was not even a proper match. Both games were a total mix of first team players and U23 too. Missing from the squads were Moore, Morrison, Sang, NG and Murphy. No quality there then? If we are talking quality, I thought Giles looks very promising and definitely has lot of pace. I think we are possibly missing a marque loan signing from the Premier league like Wilson but I don't think this squad is miles off last year. I think it is fairer to judge how the squad is shaping up after the Saints game. Today was literally watching a training session to get fit.
EastleighBlue

Postby dazza » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:43 pm

MM has ruled out anymore signings.
dazza

Postby stickywicket » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:00 pm

dazza wrote:MM has ruled out anymore signings.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-21079344
stickywicket

Postby Scoularite » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:22 pm

by Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:16 pm

MY VIEW:

LETS JUST LOOK AT THESE GAMES AS GETTING OUR PLAYERS FIT / BUT I PERSONALLY BELIEVE WE NEED MORE QUALITY IN THE CARDIFF CITY SQUAD :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

SOME BETTER QUALITY/ NO MORE FROM THE LOWER LEAGUES FOR A WHILE :thumbright: :bluebird:

OPINIONS?

Totally agree now that Wilson has gone. Midfield needs more creative skill plus the ability to pass the ball around in mid-field.
Scoularite

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW:

OPINIONS?

We look stronger at the back, in defensive midfield and up front as we have a back up for Moore.

Attacking midfield and out wide we are MUCH weaker than last season.

Giles looks good and maybe he will be used in a more forward position. His crossing was excellent today.
But he cannot be the sole replacement for Hoilett, Wilson and Ojo... Even Bennett. That would be nuts.
AfricanBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:25 pm

Last season the squad was stronger than the one who made the play - offs the one before :? :shock:
TopCat CCFC

Postby JakeBluebird » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:11 am

I think people are reading to much into pre season games.

Massive mix up in squads, all about minutes in the legs. We still have a lot of quality to come back into the team.

Yesterday we had none of these players:

Moore
Colwill
Mozza
NG
Sang
Nelson
Murphy

And I know Mick is saying no more signings but I’m sure we will get one or even two more in
JakeBluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 am

JakeBluebird wrote:I think people are reading to much into pre season games.

Massive mix up in squads, all about minutes in the legs. We still have a lot of quality to come back into the team.

Yesterday we had none of these players:

Moore
Colwill
Mozza
NG
Sang
Nelson
Murphy

And I know Mick is saying no more signings but I’m sure we will get one or even two more in

No Bacuna either!

MM no more “Ha Ha” watch this space.
Pulisnewport

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 am

TBH any side can make an argument that 'More Quality is Needed'

We have cut our cloth but we will be competitive because the other Championship sides are also making cuts to their playing squad due to financial constraints and our squad will do well.

We can't spend money we don't have otherwise those who want more expensive additions will be the same ones claiming financial mismanagement when the bills come in.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:27 am

EastleighBlue wrote:You can read absolutely nothing in to today. It was literally two training games, it was not even a proper match. Both games were a total mix of first team players and U23 too. Missing from the squads were Moore, Morrison, Sang, NG and Murphy. No quality there then? If we are talking quality, I thought Giles looks very promising and definitely has lot of pace. I think we are possibly missing a marque loan signing from the Premier league like Wilson but I don't think this squad is miles off last year. I think it is fairer to judge how the squad is shaping up after the Saints game. Today was literally watching a training session to get fit.

First all I have not said this after todays games .

It’s how I see the current squad.

Plus Big Mick has stated their will be no more new additions.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:40 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH any side can make an argument that 'More Quality is Needed'

We have cut our cloth but we will be competitive because the other Championship sides are also making cuts to their playing squad due to financial constraints and our squad will do well.

We can't spend money we don't have otherwise those who want more expensive additions will be the same ones claiming financial mismanagement when the bills come in.

yes any side can say it , and every team has to cut its cloth accordingly..
doesnt change the point about creativity/ quality ..
skidemin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 am

It must also be remembered that Neil Harris had no clue about Wilson until he arrived. Still, lots of quality players out their looking for a side.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:30 am

skidemin wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH any side can make an argument that 'More Quality is Needed'

No it doesn't change your point about creativity/quality.

That said I suspect many other Championship teams have the same problem. This could be the season when a record is set for the most 0-0 draws in the Championship ;)
Tony Blue Williams

Postby D.A.C. » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:29 pm

My view is we missed a trick last season not sacking Harris earlier. Big Micks record when he came in was pushing for automatic promotion.

We had the likes of Wilson, Ojo on loan that we knew were only going to be here short term. It's also going to very hard for Keiffer to replicate his 20 goals as he will now be a marked man.

The teams that went up last season weren't great either. This season I think Fulham and West Brom are nailed on for automatic their squads are too good for this league.

I'm happy with the signings but we definitely need a Wilson type player if we are going to make playoffs.

Looks like Mick has lost patience with our wingers which I can't blame him for. It'll be 352 or 532 formation with wing backs which ever way you look at it.

I expect us to be hard to beat but yet again It'll be a difficult watch.
D.A.C.

Postby Whistler » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:10 am

When catching the headline from Annis on this thread, I could not help noticing some of the issues being faced by other championship clubs the headlines listed.
1. Derby have 9 professionals with no centre-backs as well as being under transfer embargo.
2. Reading under embargo having posted a a £42M loss for 2020 and £93M over 3 years (ouch)
3. The Shef Wed situation from last season.

Those are the ones we know about. Football's finances are falling off a cliff following Covid and years of financial mismanagement. All this should put into perspective the fact that City have signed 5 players in this window with 6 players exiting. It looks as if 2 long-term injured players are back up to strength (fingers crossed). We have 3 youngsters starting to break into the first team. OK, on paper the squad may look a little weaker in quality than last season (and side would do so having lost the loanees from last season).

My point is that we maybe appear weaker but the whole championship bar has been lowered so maybe we are not as devoid of quality as we think, mind you i am always a glass half full person, I am hoping for a good season and lets face it anything should be better than watching City on the computer, here's to the GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME :ayatollah:
Whistler

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:22 am

Whistler wrote:When catching the headline from Annis on this thread, I could not help noticing some of the issues being faced by other championship clubs the headlines listed.
1. Derby have 9 professionals with no centre-backs as well as being under transfer embargo.
2. Reading under embargo having posted a a £42M loss for 2020 and £93M over 3 years (ouch)
3. The Shef Wed situation from last season.

Those are the ones we know about. Football's finances are falling off a cliff following Covid and years of financial mismanagement. All this should put into perspective the fact that City have signed 5 players in this window with 6 players exiting. It looks as if 2 long-term injured players are back up to strength (fingers crossed). We have 3 youngsters starting to break into the first team. OK, on paper the squad may look a little weaker in quality than last season (and side would do so having lost the loanees from last season).

My point is that we maybe appear weaker but the whole championship bar has been lowered so maybe we are not as devoid of quality as we think, mind you i am always a glass half full person, I am hoping for a good season and lets face it anything should be better than watching City on the computer, here's to the GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME :ayatollah:

You make an exceptionally good point. The loss of Ojo and Wilson has definitely weakened our squad no-one can argue with that. But this season the same applies to all clubs. I would even include WBA, Fulham and Sheffield United in that scenario as parachute payments mean very little as they are usually frittered away on servicing player contracts which were given out in the PL and in general the clubs coming down have a difficult first season adjusting to life back in the Championship.

The secret is to hit the ground running and most importantly have a good manager as everything comes down from the top. If we avoid injuries to important players (last season we were cursed with injuries) then I can see us doing well. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
skidemin wrote:

No it doesn't change your point about creativity/quality.

That said I suspect many other Championship teams have the same problem. This could be the season when a record is set for the most 0-0 draws in the Championship ;)

i think i will try out this 0-0 theory on the coupon...
in all seriousness though the likes of wilson , ojo . hoilett along with other released and surplus players from other clubs will end up somewhere...
skidemin

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:16 am

Unfortunately our hands are tied and we cant get anymore players and definitely no quality players. I would've loved to see Callum Paterson back but he would be on too much money for our club.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby MoodyBluebird » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:53 am

There are enough older heads in the the core of the team to make us a solid outfit. The younger recruits from last season showed lots of promise and if that trend continues with the new lot, who knows what we will be able to achieve. A lot will depend on whether Mick adopts a 'we must not lose policy' instead of encouraging the team to play with a bit more freedom.

As has been well documented, we have no money to spend on expensive upgrades so let's get used to it. On the positive side, we have an experienced and well-respected manager, who will I hope get the most out of the resources at his disposal. We cannot ask for any more than that.
MoodyBluebird

Postby skidemin » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:12 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:There are enough older heads in the the core of the team to make us a solid outfit. The younger recruits from last season showed lots of promise and if that trend continues with the new lot, who knows what we will be able to achieve. A lot will depend on whether Mick adopts a 'we must not lose policy' instead of encouraging the team to play with a bit more freedom.

As has been well documented, we have no money to spend on expensive upgrades so let's get used to it. On the positive side, we have an experienced and well-respected manager, who will I hope get the most out of the resources at his disposal. We cannot ask for any more than that.

how good or not he views our squad will be the main factor in how we set up
skidemin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:20 pm

skidemin wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:There are enough older heads in the the core of the team to make us a solid outfit. The younger recruits from last season showed lots of promise and if that trend continues with the new lot, who knows what we will be able to achieve. A lot will depend on whether Mick adopts a 'we must not lose policy' instead of encouraging the team to play with a bit more freedom.

Good point. Due to lack of wingers I'd guess at 3-5-2 as we seem to have a number of centre-backs and centre-midfielders to choose from.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Good point. Due to lack of wingers I'd guess at 3-5-2 as we seem to have a number of centre-backs and centre-midfielders to choose from.

does look that way especially with the boy from Wolves who ive seen mentioned as a wing back far more than a full back...
skidemin

Return to General Chat