MICK McCARTHY: “ NO MORE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby dazza » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:41 pm

MM rules out anymore new signing as says once everyone is fit he's happy with the squad.

Mick McCarthy has seemingly ruled out possible further incomings at Cardiff City:

Mick McCarthey:

"We're not going to get [more] new faces in to be honest with you.”

"I can't see that happening, but when everybody's fit, we've got a good squad"

“ I had a budget and that’s it, we will do our best with the squad we now have.”

“I am happy with the squad I have and we will give our all.”
Attachments
95980C3B-5B35-474A-8561-96B59FA20815.jpeg
95980C3B-5B35-474A-8561-96B59FA20815.jpeg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 7947 times
dazza

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MICK MCCARTHY: “ NO MORE “

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Happy with that squad? Laughable.

Happy that what? They'll get us to the Premiership? Normally, a manager is happy when he gets the players he wants.

He's happy that he can put eleven average players out every game, and that they may be good enough to avoid a relegation battle.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Re: MICK McCARTHY: “ NO MORE “

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Hmmmmm?

Interesting
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:43 pm

Perhaps he should check with the rest of the commitee, it seems there are more players to come in but he has not been told about them ;)
Igovernor

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Mid table finish if we just go into the season with that squad.

We lack flair in this team massively and fire power we don’t have enough scorers in the squad
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:Perhaps he should check with the rest of the commitee, it seems there are more players to come in but he has not been told about them ;)

Reverse psychology fans think this is it but hey presto couple signings out blue later on everyone is happy.. :D
pembroke allan

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Typical negative response from the usual suspects.I think the squad is more balanced than last season with that lad from Wolves a real capture.The eleven kicking off against Barnsley will look nothing like either team we saw today.The usual anti fans spouting shite.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:11 pm

dazza wrote:MM rules out anymore new signing as says once everyone is fit he's happy with the squad.

Mick McCarthy has seemingly ruled out possible further incomings at Cardiff City:

Mick McCarthey:

“ I had a budget and that’s it, we will do our best with the squad we now have.”

Interesting, Wales Online go a bundle on "I'm happy with the squad" perhaps they should ha e been very honest and gone with the title " I had a budget and thats it, we will do our best with the squad we've got"

We had a budget and thats it???? Zero money paid out minimal wages paid on lower league and released players. What exactly was that budget........

We couldn't afford a Waghorn, Coventry beat us there... didn't get Keogh, Blackpool out-waged us there, and Wyke? Undone by league 1 Wigan.....
Barclay1

Postby Scoularite » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:17 pm

by Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Typical negative response from the usual suspects.I think the squad is more balanced than last season with that lad from Wolves a real capture.The eleven kicking off against Barnsley will look nothing like either team we saw today.The usual anti fans spouting shite.

Unless Lee Tomlin is really fit and remains so I see even less creativity than last year now that Wilson has moved on.
Scoularite

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Typical negative response from the usual suspects.I think the squad is more balanced than last season with that lad from Wolves a real capture.The eleven kicking off against Barnsley will look nothing like either team we saw today.The usual anti fans spouting shite.

I tend to agree. With the exception of Wilson who would we really miss from those who left last season? Bennett, perhaps, but his serious injury will take some time to come back from. We've brought in young, hopefully hungry players. Giles looked very useful today and clearly has top drawer quality. We also have Moore, a twenty goal a season striker, backed up by another experienced Championship and international striker in Collins. Hes already been an improvement on Glatzel. Don't forget the exciting prospect of Colwill too. Our issue will be keeping people fit but I see no reason to be downbeat about the season. If we can be in the top 8 or so at January that may be the time to gamble with the purse strings. City fans need to be realistic, the club is evolving with a younger, more sustainable team. This has to be the way forward like many clubs at this level.
EastleighBlue

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Scoularite wrote:
by Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Unless Lee Tomlin is really fit and remains so I see even less creativity than last year now that Wilson has moved on.

Haha! ..... and that initial response was quoted before I stuck my ten penneth in! Fans are made up of fantasists, realists, those who historically have seen it all before, those with some football knowledge, those who live in hope, those who just enjoy the beautiful game.

I fall into one of the categories, and its not what you think
Barclay1

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Typical negative response from the usual suspects.I think the squad is more balanced than last season with that lad from Wolves a real capture.The eleven kicking off against Barnsley will look nothing like either team we saw today.The usual anti fans spouting shite.

I don't think people are being unduly negative.

The squad lacks quality going forward.

I think most fans can see that.

I would say we need two more attacking players. We can't rely on Tomlin and Colwill.

Giles looks an excellent player but primarily will be either LWB or as a winger (hope the latter as he looks dangerous).
AfricanBluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:29 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

I tend to agree. With the exception of Wilson who would we really miss from those who left last season? Bennett, perhaps, but his serious injury will take some time to come back from. We've brought in young, hopefully hungry players. Giles looked very useful today and clearly has top drawer quality. We also have Moore, a twenty goal a season striker, backed up by another experienced Championship and international striker in Collins. Hes already been an improvement on Glatzel. Don't forget the exciting prospect of Colwill too. Our issue will be keeping people fit but I see no reason to be downbeat about the season. If we can be in the top 8 or so at January that may be the time to gamble with the purse strings. City fans need to be realistic, the club is evolving with a younger, more sustainable team. This has to be the way forward like many clubs at this level.

In fairness to you Eastleigh, I'm jealous of your enthusiasm...
Barclay1

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:43 pm

I wonder what the senior pros in the last year of their contract make of that statement.
Hardly inspiration to Morrison , Ralls and Vaulks to sign a new contract is it.
Looks like we could be in for far worse than under the slade years.
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Reply Fb:
Attachments
5C7D5D4E-3FDA-4BF0-B908-58D22D52B208.png
5C7D5D4E-3FDA-4BF0-B908-58D22D52B208.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 6529 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:25 pm

Martin,

All opinions welcome.

My view is I fear for us this season and that’s my view I should not be forced in to thinking otherwise.

I know a lot behind the scenes and it’s not good.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
F3F6108C-CF72-4538-B363-60CC71F55670.jpeg
F3F6108C-CF72-4538-B363-60CC71F55670.jpeg (418.12 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:58 pm

fred keenor wrote:I wonder what the senior pros in the last year of their contract make of that statement.
Hardly inspiration to Morrison , Ralls and Vaulks to sign a new contract is it.
Looks like we could be in for far worse than under the slade years.

Do we want them to have another contract? Personally no from me .....we've done enough putting players on contracts when know they wouldn't be here after another season ..
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Morrison and Ralls every time for me, a risk to get rid of the mainstay , backbone of this team
fred keenor

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Martin,

All opinions welcome.

My view is I fear for us this season and that’s my view I should not be forced in to thinking otherwise.

I know a lot behind the scenes and it’s not good.

Wasn't you I was having a dig at.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
60BCC65A-77CD-46BA-90DC-DBB38647899F.jpeg
60BCC65A-77CD-46BA-90DC-DBB38647899F.jpeg (384.38 KiB) Viewed 5598 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:38 pm

There We Are Then ----- There We Go Then ...... :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:42 am

Barclay1 wrote:
dazza wrote:MM rules out anymore new signing as says once everyone is fit he's happy with the squad.

Mick McCarthey:

Interesting, Wales Online go a bundle on "I'm happy with the squad" perhaps they should ha e been very honest and gone with the title " I had a budget and thats it, we will do our best with the squad we've got"

We had a budget and thats it???? Zero money paid out minimal wages paid on lower league and released players. What exactly was that budget........

We couldn't afford a Waghorn, Coventry beat us there... didn't get Keogh, Blackpool out-waged us there, and Wyke? Undone by league 1 Wigan.....

im gutted we didnt get those 3, we would be nailed on for something...
skidemin

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:32 am

We still haven’t addressed the blatantly obvious. If we don’t a move players out and add quality in the middle of the park we will struggle
Llantwit Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:05 am

EastleighBlue wrote:

Totally agree with both postings above. I think we have made some very shrewd signings and considering all clubs are costing cutting I wouldn't rule out our chances of doing really well in the coming season. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:27 am

dont see it myself.. thought we were short on numbers last season and are worse off now... dependent on some of the kids that debuted last season kicking on which might or might not work...
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:55 am

Let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window. Despite all those on here claiming to have inside information it’s a long time since we made a signing that had been “leaked” any more than a day beforehand. MM might be playing games, telling the truth or just managing expectations. If people on here were honest they would admit that they just don’t know.

What would happen if somebody was sucker enough to sign Murphy? That would release a huge wage and MM would use that.

At the moment I want us to keep Moore but if we get a big offer from a Premiership team he’ll want to go and we’ll probably have to let him go.

If that does happen then the fee will likely be quite significant and then MM will have money to spend.
piledriver64

Postby Blueman39 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:09 am

Think we look a mid table squad but who knows.
Nobody seems to be spending at mo and atleast MM has done his business early to bed the new lads in.
We haven’t really had any creativity for a couple of seasons so nothing changed there.
We will need Collins to bag a few goals otherwise it’s all down to Kiefer again .
Still can’t wait for the season to start !!
Blueman39

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:32 am

piledriver64 wrote:Let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window. Despite all those on here claiming to have inside information it’s a long time since we made a signing that had been “leaked” any more than a day beforehand. MM might be playing games, telling the truth or just managing expectations. If people on here were honest they would admit that they just don’t know.

What would happen if somebody was sucker enough to sign Murphy? That would release a huge wage and MM would use that.

At the moment I want us to keep Moore but if we get a big offer from a Premiership team he’ll want to go and we’ll probably have to let him go.

If that does happen then the fee will likely be quite significant and then MM will have money to spend.

I tend to agree with most you’ve written :ayatollah:

However, your point about Murphy! I’d prefer to keep Murphy and get rid of Tomlin and Bacuna both of whom are on ridiculous money and IMO only bring something to the team in a very fleeting way.

I think you can identify those who know very little and act with guesswork. On the other side some are far nearer to the truth! Is that guesswork, luck or something else? If it’s guesswork then they are doing extremely well on the information and I’d like a bit of what they have :bluescarf:

Regards your point with Moore, it’s more likely that a club will make a move in the last week of the window. This would leave us with no replacement or an inferior player and little chance of a suitable loan. IMO that’s the more likely situation and one I hope doesn’t happen.

I for one am excited about the season and the transfers so far :ayatollah: Take it from me it’s extremely unlikely that’s the end of any transfer dealings. So enjoy the ride and let’s go under the radar of other clubs this coming season :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:07 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Let’s see where we are at the end of the transfer window. Despite all those on here claiming to have inside information it’s a long time since we made a signing that had been “leaked” any more than a day beforehand. MM might be playing games, telling the truth or just managing expectations. If people on here were honest they would admit that they just don’t know.

I tend to agree with most you’ve written :ayatollah:

However, your point about Murphy! I’d prefer to keep Murphy and get rid of Tomlin and Bacuna both of whom are on ridiculous money and IMO only bring something to the team in a very fleeting way.

I think you can identify those who know very little and act with guesswork. On the other side some are far nearer to the truth! Is that guesswork, luck or something else? If it’s guesswork then they are doing extremely well on the information and I’d like a bit of what they have :bluescarf:

Regards your point with Moore, it’s more likely that a club will make a move in the last week of the window. This would leave us with no replacement or an inferior player and little chance of a suitable loan. IMO that’s the more likely situation and one I hope doesn’t happen.

I for one am excited about the season and the transfers so far :ayatollah: Take it from me it’s extremely unlikely that’s the end of any transfer dealings. So enjoy the ride and let’s go under the radar of other clubs this coming season :ayatollah:

Karl, I am quite excited myself, it does seem that MM is doing very well with the players he has brought in. I trust MM to do a good job this season. :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Next

Return to General Chat