Having heard MM say no more.....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm

I am more convinced than ever that TAN SHOULD GO NOW.

It's not new news especially from me of course ( but please read on), and its for all the reasons I have raised over the last twelve months.

Any other owner, would have allowed just a few quid to be spent on a bit of quality.

Cardiff City is, not only, the biggest club in Wales, but was one of the big clubs of the Championship. Now we can be classed as beggars and paupers.

BUT, of course Tan wants to hold onto power and refuses to sell.

Yes, its Barclay1, and his anti Tan Rhetoric, but I've never been less excited for a season. I realise I get on peoples t*ts with my views, so the good news is, after this post I'm not going to mention Tan again.

It makes no difference, nothing will change, he'll keep us as his toy, and, believe it or not, it actually ruins my love of football. So there you have it. I'll still post, but Mr Tan your no longer on my radar.

I've said my piece.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Having heard MM say no more.....

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I am more convinced than ever that TAN SHOULD GO NOW.

It's not new news especially from me of course ( but please read on), and its for all the reasons I have raised over the last twelve months.

Any other owner, would have allowed just a few quid to be spent on a bit of quality.

Cardiff City is, not only, the biggest club in Wales, but was one of the big clubs of the Championship. Now we can be classed as beggars and paupers.

Yes, its Barclay1, and his anti Tan Rhetoric, but I've never been less excited for a season. I realise I get on peoples t*ts with my views, so the good news is, after this post I'm not going to mention Tan again.

It makes no difference, nothing will change, he'll keep us as his toy, and, believe it or not, it actually ruins my love of football. So there you have it. I'll still post, but Mr Tan your no longer on my radar.

I've said my piece.

Yes tan should go now but and it's a "BIG BUT" need a buyer to buy club simple problem to solve undoubtedly.....
Your wrong about tan wanting to hold onto club everyman and his dog knows he would sell up if he go the right offer or does he take the 1st offer to come along even if depremental to club ask Coventry ect about new owners.... or do you think it's a subterfuge and he likes us being his toy costing him money to keep it ?
Can see your point on being excited about season coming but in general most fans look forward to season with optimism despite what is perseved as a poor window .... that's the life of a football fan outside premier league ... being half empty glass person like yourself is no worse than being a half glass full person. Just have different Outlooks :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:50 pm

I've said my piece.

If you're a genuine fan then I don't wanna be.We are playing in blue so suck it up.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Blue78 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:29 pm

I've said my piece.

You do realise that there has been a major global pandemic right?

Apart from those relegated, point to one club at our level that has spent any significant money in the last two seasons? No owner we had before Tan spent any money…why would it be different now? He is clearly putting money in just to pay the bills which can’t be underestimated - just look at the likes of Sheff Wed and Derby.

What is happening though is that academy players are coming through (something people have been crying out for) and we are picking up some decent quality frees and loans.

Despite what MM said today, there is still a long way to go and I expect a large part of it was brinkmanship.
Blue78

Postby Scoularite » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:45 pm

Barclay1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm

I am more convinced than ever that TAN SHOULD GO NOW.

I've said my piece.

Which championship clubs are splashing the cash then, apart from those coming down from the premiership?
Scoularite

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:00 pm

I've said my piece.

What a load of old tosh !

I love the bit about 'any other owner would have allowed just a few quid to be spent on quality'. Where are these fantastical owners ? Oh yes, they're screwing up clubs like Sheff Wed, Derby and Blackburn.

I bet Tan is gutted not to be on your radar any more. Poor chap, I hope he's able to deal with such a devastating blow.

I'm happy for him to keep us as his toy while you throw yours out of the pram.
MoodyBluebird

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:22 pm

You chucking your hat in the ring to buy us?
WestCoastBlue

Postby Danny Says » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:24 pm

Tan has control of the club. He is owed more than it could afford him. He’s not going anywhere unless or until some other rich guy comes along with buckets of cash to buy him out.

We should be thankful for what we’ve got. Even if it’s a mediocre football team and a dinosaur manager. If it wasn’t for Tan goodness know where we’d have ended up. He’s been at the helm for 2 promotions to the PL where we hadn’t been in most of our lifetimes and yes we didn’t do that well but we were there.
Danny Says

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:21 pm

Money To Tight To Mention - Simply Red ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:26 am

I've said my piece.

That is one awful post :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:05 am

I wouldn’t count on Mick being honest when he said no more signings. It is about time the City kept its cards close to its chest rather than alerting the press and rival clubs to our intentions and often losing out to others.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I've said my piece.

That is one awful post :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roathie rebranded.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:15 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

If you're a genuine fan then I don't wanna be.We are playing in blue so suck it up.

Seems he is a 'fan', which is vouched for through certain others on here; but he does seem to have an agenda where some opinions formed are not his own... ;)

Believe he attended at least one pre-season away game, which is equally as commendable as it is odd for a 'fan' with a pretty negative agenda...

Until we can replace the current owner with someone 'acceptable' to him, I think we just have to suck it and see whilst being mainly grateful we have an owner who can keep us out of the mire that some Championsip and other EFL clubs are in
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby valleymodeller » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:47 am

We now have a lot of younger players like Giles, Wintle, Ng, McGuiness, Harris, Colwill, Sang, Brown, Bagan and Phillips and others coming through. Blend that lot in with the experience of Morrison, Flint, Moore, Ralls, Pack, Murphy and Bacuna and we'll be OK.

At least we are not spending silly money and high wages for players who fail to perform well. Hoilett, Bamba and Bennett have gone and now is the chance to have a younger , more energetic team. Albeit this is based on financial circumstances. But it's far better than watching some overpaid prima donnas who couldn't really care less.

I don't expect much next season BUT we get to see live football again, which is a big boost.
valleymodeller

Postby bluebird7291 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Find us another money man who has zero connection with the club who bails us out month after month.

Its not just about transfer funds, its the daily running of the club.
bluebird7291

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:01 pm

How many fans want new owners at their clubs??
Look at the mess that’s Sheff Wed....look at where Portsmouth are ....etc etc etc

With so many unknowns cos of Covid , I’m looking forward to the season .
Nobody has thrown the cash about yet so let’s see what happens....
Blueman39

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Seems he is a 'fan', which is vouched for through certain others on here; but he does seem to have an agenda where some opinions formed are not his own... ;)

Believe he attended at least one pre-season away game, which is equally as commendable as it is odd for a 'fan' with a pretty negative agenda...

Until we can replace the current owner with someone 'acceptable' to him, I think we just have to suck it and see whilst being mainly grateful we have an owner who can keep us out of the mire that some Championsip and other EFL clubs are in

Went to both away pre season friendlies :thumbup:

Ive followed the club through thick and thin over 48 years up and down the Country.

I've seen it bad as indeed you have, and this season, based on experience, feels as bad as it has done for many years.

Haha, am still trying to convince you that all opinions ARE my own. :lol:
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Ive followed the club through thick and thin over 48 years up and down the Country.

I've seen it bad as indeed you have, and this season, based on experience, feels as bad as it has done for many years.

Genuine question mate, how can you gauge how bad it is when the season hasn’t started yet?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Always City » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Way time Tan left, this season does not look good. Mick looks like he is already starting to be another Harris, not looking good
Always City

Postby skidemin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Always City wrote:Way time Tan left, this season does not look good. Mick looks like he is already starting to be another Harris, not looking good

in what way is he another NH ?
skidemin

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Genuine question mate, how can you gauge how bad it is when the season hasn’t started yet?

Thanks for your respectful question. My reply of course doesn't mean I'm right.

I've seen years of pre season and pre season build up, during times of feast and famine.

A poor window ( admittedly so far), a reliance on untried personnel from lower leagues, an open statement of being penniless, a poor home performance against poor opposition, albeit a friendly ( it was also a friendly for Cambridge) will all rub off on the players.

Everyone, players, fans knows it will be tough and however they do it, the powers that be must inject SOME enthusiasm around the club.

I will be over the moon if we are challenging this year, and I'm not even bothered in one way that we may struggle, but we are not giving ourselves a chance to do well.
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:08 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

I've seen years of pre season and pre season build up, during times of feast and famine.

A poor window ( admittedly so far), a reliance on untried personnel from lower leagues, an open statement of being penniless, a poor home performance against poor opposition, albeit a friendly ( it was also a friendly for Cambridge) will all rub off on the players.

Everyone, players, fans knows it will be tough and however they do it, the powers that be must inject SOME enthusiasm around the club.

I will be over the moon if we are challenging this year, and I'm not even bothered in one way that we may struggle, but we are not giving ourselves a chance to do well.

Fair points made.
It’s a poor window if we’re looking at star names but who’s to say the likes of Giles and the midfielder from Crewe won’t turn out to be little gems.
I’m thinking that Collins will be (at first) on the bench with the idea of resting Moore whenever possible with a ‘like for like’ replacement which we didn’t have last season.
I’ve seen awful pre seasons and a great start and vice versa so personally I’m not looking too much into these results.
We have a manager who seems to want to blood our youth players and that could be a huge success or maybe it won’t.
I’ve always been a half glass full person (one has to be from supporting them since 1977!) so maybe I’m being a little over optimistic.
Let’s wait and see. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:46 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Appreciate the majority of that, which is why I defended you a little; but I do believe your 'views' are not all your own, even if the sentiment is... :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Your thoughts on youngsters is Interesting.

I believe youngsters should have the 'S's . Speed, strength, stature skill and swagger. If you only have one of them its got to be skill.

The others on their own don't make a footballer. Ledley had most, Ramsey absolutely.

The kids we are bringing through now, look like kids. Look nervous, no swagger or strength. Small in stature and the need to really bulk up.

The one that showed swagger and strength at Bath was Sankare, but there was no skill whatsoever....

I'll be interested to see what Colwill brings to the table. He needs to break through this year and be a regular squad player or even stater. He appears to have the attributes of a decent young player.
Barclay1

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Appreciate the majority of that, which is why I defended you a little; but I do believe your 'views' are not all your own, even if the sentiment is... :thumbright:

Fair enough, :thumbup: . It'd be good to talk all things Cardiff City at some point.

Sven, you already know of course, but the reason I have strong views is because I want success for the club.

There are plenty on this board who agree with me, and plenty who feel a different approach is necessary.
Barclay1

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

I think people have read into Mick saying no more signings a bit too much. Old school tactic Warnock used to use regular, come out publicly saying we aren't looking to strengthen so and so position so it doesn't look like we're desperate. As soon as the selling club know we're desperate you can guarantee they're gonna add 200k on top of the price. I wouldn't be surprised to see more players come in.
Jimmy Floyd

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:47 pm

Jimmy Floyd wrote:I think people have read into Mick saying no more signings a bit too much. Old school tactic Warnock used to use regular, come out publicly saying we aren't looking to strengthen so and so position so it doesn't look like we're desperate. As soon as the selling club know we're desperate you can guarantee they're gonna add 200k on top of the price. I wouldn't be surprised to see more players come in.

Agree I think some may leave and some more might come in
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Fair points made.
It’s a poor window if we’re looking at star names but who’s to say the likes of Giles and the midfielder from Crewe won’t turn out to be little gems.
I’m thinking that Collins will be (at first) on the bench with the idea of resting Moore whenever possible with a ‘like for like’ replacement which we didn’t have last season.
I’ve seen awful pre seasons and a great start and vice versa so personally I’m not looking too much into these results.
We have a manager who seems to want to blood our youth players and that could be a huge success or maybe it won’t.
I’ve always been a half glass full person (one has to be from supporting them since 1977!) so maybe I’m being a little over optimistic.

Whats up 62r? Iypt is as you say, glass half full for me too, still time for a surprise or two, people seem to forget, tan has spent a fair few bob, keeping us going through something nobody has been through before (and fingers crossed not again in our lifetimes)
Tans wealth has taken a massive dip due to covid, as leisure is his main bag,

I've ALWAYS given a manger first 12 or so games, before any sort of decision on where I perceive we are heading, to do so before seems a bit odd to me, especially based on warm up game results, the same way I wont be going nuts if we beat Southampton 4-0.the real games start in august, anything before is to test players & formations out, if we keep Moore, I believe if tomlin stays fit, he could supply plenty of chances for him.

Onwards and upwards CCFC :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Ninian27 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:49 am

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Fair points made.

Whats up 62r? Iypt is as you say, glass half full for me too, still time for a surprise or two, people seem to forget, tan has spent a fair few bob, keeping us going through something nobody has been through before (and fingers crossed not again in our lifetimes)

I've ALWAYS given a manger first 12 or so games, before any sort of decision on where I perceive we are heading, to do so before seems a bit odd to me, especially based on warm up game results, the same way I wont be going nuts if we beat Southampton 4-0.the real games start in august, anything before is to test players & formations out, if we keep Moore, I believe if tomlin stays fit, he could supply plenty of chances for him.

Mate,Explain more in detail?

Tan, parachute payments wasted, court cases, rebrand.
Mate,I have nothing to thank Tan for, are we debt free mate now?
Ninian27

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:42 am

Ninian27 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've said my piece.

Fair points made.

Mate,Explain more in detail?

Tan, parachute payments wasted, court cases, rebrand.
Mate,I have nothing to thank Tan for, are we debt free mate now?

Would we be self sufficient if he left tomorrow ?
bluebirdoct1962

Next

Return to General Chat