Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ronan Curtis “

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Curtis keen on Championship move

Portsmouth winger Ronan Curtis admits he's keen on sealing a move to the Championship this summer amid links to Cardiff City.

The Bluebirds and Blackburn Rovers have been credited with an interest in recent weeks, and the Irishman has now admitted that he sees his future in the second tier.

"I want to test myself in the Championship, Danny [Cowley] knows that, everyone knows that," Curtis told the Portsmouth News.

"It’s the right moment and the right time, we’ve been speaking and the transfer window is still alive until the end of August.

"There have been a couple of clubs who have rung up about me already, I don’t have to lie about that. I will sit here and tell you straight to your face that clubs have been ringing Danny and Pompey.

"If anything comes then it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn’t.”

The same report suggests the Blues would be looking for a fee of around £2m to let Curtis leave this summer, and the player himself admits he's waiting to see what happens next.

"Danny and myself have spoken, I have spoken to the board, it's simple enough, it’s just about the right price. I am stuck in the middle, it’s about the clubs now," he added.

"I am 25, for my destiny I want to move on, I want to better my career. I am ready and will see where the world takes me."

Re: “ Ronan Curtis “

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:12 pm

2m? Rules us out

Re: “ Ronan Curtis “

Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:37 pm

danielrees17 wrote:2m? Rules us out

If we are really interested in him, don't be so sure ;)