Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jack Hunt opts for League one Sheffield Wednesday

Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:01 am

Sheffield Wednesday have opened talks to sign free agent defender Jack Hunt, reports Football Insider.

Football insider

Monday 19th July 2021

Jack Hunt, 30, was released by Bristol City at the end of last season. The full-back is a former Owl having played for the club between 2015 and 2018, racking up 100 league appearances during hi time at Hillsborough.

Now though, having been released by Bristol City he’s recently been linked with both Cardiff City and Blackpool. Sheffield Wednesday have began discussions to bring the Englishman back to the club ahead of their League One campaign.

Hunt is a right-back by trade and has gained a lot of good Football League experience in his career. He’s so far represented the likes of Huddersfield Town, Barnsley, Nottingham Forest, Rotherham United, Wednesday and most recently Bristol City.

Last season he featured 41 times in the Championship as the Robins finished in a hugely disappointing 19th-place and Hunt was soon after released.

After being linked with a Championship return with both Blackpool and Cardiff City though, Wednesday are now storming into the transfer chase as they bid to bring some experience into their side.

Hunt had been contacted by the Welsh club, but opted to open contract talks with league one Sheffield Wednesday, whilst Blackpool showed no further interest.

Thoughts?

This would be a really good signing for the Owls. They’ve often been linked with former players but not all of them have seemed worthwhile, though Hunt returning for a couple of years or so could really help steady the ship.

He’s a reliable name in defence and could help some of Sheffield Wednesday’s younger players press on with their development.

Re: Jack Hunt opts for League one Sheffield Wednesday

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:43 am

Annis I don't think fpr one minute that we were after him 8-)

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis I don't think fpr one minute that we were after him 8-)

I agree. He’s from up that way I think and he’s played for them before so it made sense for him to go there I reckon.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:51 am

Roger,

To be honest nor do I.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Roger,

To be honest nor do I.

:ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:34 pm

With that name, he'd be more a fit for Swansea; where he could team up with his brother Mike and his Turkish cousin Urak... :thumbright: :D

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Hardly surprising as you must admit they are a bigger club than us

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 pm

or me...one of the hundred players semi linked in those cardiff , boro , celtic , reading fighting it out articles....

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:38 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:Hardly surprising as you must admit they are a bigger club than us

What is it with the appeal of The Wednesday :?: :?:

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:Hardly surprising as you must admit they are a bigger club than us

What is it with the appeal of The Wednesday :?: :?:

Perhaps he thinks it's half day on Wednesday...? :? :laughing6: