Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Gareth Bale makes his final decision “

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Sky Sports:

Gareth Bale will see out his final year at Real Madrid.

Bale aged 31 has told Tottenham he has decided to see out his contract at Real Madrid.

Bale made 31 appearances scoring 16 goals last season and three assists.

“I thank Spurs for helping me get my fitness back and playing first team football.”

“My plan is to go back to Madrid and fight for my place, that’s as far as I have planned in my career.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Gareth Bale makes his final decision “

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Didn't he spout before this tournament that he was making a decision that was going to "cause chaos"?

Underwhelming. Mind you, he has a top knot.

Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Didn't he spout before this tournament that he was making a decision that was going to "cause chaos"?

Underwhelming. Mind you, he has a top knot.

only time will tell how this ends but one things for certain and that is he is under contract { a lucrative contract at that } at Real Madrid...so he can not say much other than this ....

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:19 pm

This is like a game of poker and it's now Real Madrid's turn. Gareth Bale is on great money and could virtually be "on holiday", so it's now up to Real Madrid to offer a compromise that he is willing to accept.

It may not make him popular there, but he does seem to be holding the better hand.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 am

Unless Bale is desperate to be back in Wales this year he holds all the cards We know he is more than happy just to turn up training and pick his wage up He can wait a year and i am sure he will if not offered the right deal He knows he will be back to Wales on a number of occasions due to world cup games in the year so don’t think it will be a major hardship on him

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:32 am

Abergavenny wrote:Unless Bale is desperate to be back in Wales this year he holds all the cards We know he is more than happy just to turn up training and pick his wage up He can wait a year and i am sure he will if not offered the right deal He knows he will be back to Wales on a number of occasions due to world cup games in the year so don’t think it will be a major hardship on him

I doubt very much he is 'happy' but I do agree he is making a stand against the bullies of Real Madrid and letting him know he will not be cast aside when he has a contract that says he is still their player for the next 12 months

I don't agree with those who say he created this situation; he has simply refused to roll over

Equally, I agree with those that say he is losing an important part of his career, assuming he is not wanted by the new manager, that he may come to regret in years to come

We've had players sit on their costly contracts at our own club and we have criticised them; but we must always consider that it took two to tango in the beginning...

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:31 am

Sven wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Unless Bale is desperate to be back in Wales this year he holds all the cards We know he is more than happy just to turn up training and pick his wage up He can wait a year and i am sure he will if not offered the right deal He knows he will be back to Wales on a number of occasions due to world cup games in the year so don’t think it will be a major hardship on him

I doubt very much he is 'happy' but I do agree he is making a stand against the bullies of Real Madrid and letting him know he will not be cast aside when he has a contract that says he is still their player for the next 12 months

I don't agree with those who say he created this situation; he has simply refused to roll over

Equally, I agree with those that say he is losing an important part of his career, assuming he is not wanted by the new manager, that he may come to regret in years to come

We've had players sit on their costly contracts at our own club and we have criticised them; but we must always consider that it took two to tango in the beginning...

yes.. our club and every other club has players kicking around not playing for a number of reasons but on contracts that are an obstacle to them leaving ... Bale just happens to be the highest profile... Barca at the moment have a raft of players on huge contracts that they are finding it difficult to move on....

Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:

It definitely takes two to tango Chris and I’m sure there has been things going on at that club that we know nothing about.

Where I thought Bale was silly and childish (as a high profile professional) was parading and laughing with that infamous flag - Wales, Golf, Madrid.

To us it was funny and a good laugh but very disrespectful to the ordinary Real fans especially considering the huge salary being paid. I think he pretty much burnt his bridges with them then.

Imagine Murphy or whoever being photographed with an England, Golf, Cardiff flag for example. He’d be crucified by the fans!

While they will want to move him on as they do with many high earners there I think Ancelotti may well give him a fresh start and a chance.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

It definitely takes two to tango Chris and I’m sure there has been things going on at that club that we know nothing about.

Where I thought Bale was silly and childish (as a high profile professional) was parading and laughing with that infamous flag - Wales, Golf, Madrid.

To us it was funny and a good laugh but very disrespectful to the ordinary Real fans especially considering the huge salary being paid. I think he pretty much burnt his bridges with them then.

Imagine Murphy or whoever being photographed with an England, Golf, Cardiff flag for example. He’d be crucified by the fans!

While they will want to move him on as they do with many high earners there I think Ancelotti may well give him a fresh start and a chance.

agree...the outcome of this would be difficult to call under normal circumstances but with Ancelottis arrival , covid and RMs huge financial hit and seemingly inability to go out and compete in the transfer market the way they previously have thrown in the mix pretty much means anything can happen....
one things for sure is that nothing is final ..never is in football...

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:30 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Couldn't agree more, Paul... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm

I wouldn't take any notice if this article or anything that his agent has to say.

For the record I don't think he wants to come to Cardiff this season, but let's not kid ourselves, he hates being at Madrid and knows he needs more game time than Madrid will offer.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:06 pm

The sports bible whoever they are have said bale in surprise move to city "5 hours ago" they made reference to previous bookies odds but they make city favourites today!!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:The sports bible whoever they are have said bale in surprise move to city "5 hours ago" they made reference to previous bookies odds but they make city favourites today!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The sports bible whoever they are have said bale in surprise move to city "5 hours ago" they made reference to previous bookies odds but they make city favourites today!!

Annis no idea who or what sport bible is? My other half pointed it out to me but it is todays news.... you sure your not investing in city by sponsoring his wages? :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis no idea who or what sport bible is? My other half pointed it out to me but it is todays news.... you sure your not investing in city by sponsoring his wages? :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Good one Allan :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Someone needs to bale him out

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good one Allan :lol: :lol:

Well someone needs to pay him? :D
But why is this story raising its head again by an odd ball sports site?