Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TOM DAVIES '

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:40 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Tom Davies.

"The Cambridge games, i was able to play some of our younger players who will be in our main first team squad this season and so will be called upon."

"Some of the performances from the kids, certainly Tom Davies at left-wing back, were outstanding. I thought he was excellent."

"Some people get a chance and take it. Others get a chance and find it hard. But it was a good performance from him.

"It's certainly an opportunity for Tom. Bearing in mind Joel Bagan's our left-back, wing-back whatever you want to call it. Ryan Giles can as I said, can compete for that."

"It would be lovely to have another one. A younger one. One you could put in the team and rely on."

"And Tom did his chances no harm at all."

The meteoric rise of Rubin Colwill has already shown what's possible for Cardiff's young guns, while the difficulties in the transfer market facing every Championship club this summer means many sides may well have to look inwards for solutions.

"For Cardiff, some of these academy stars may never get a better opportunity to shine as the squad wont be strengthened anymore and they will now be relied on."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' TOM DAVIES '

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:40 am

Tom joined the academy at U14 level. The Cardiff-based youngster is a converted left back, having previously fulfilled midfield roles.

An accurate, composed and creative player on the ball, Tom made four appearances for Under 23’d and was a regular in City's U18 campaign season and has now been called up to the first team squad.

Tom Davies is 18 in November :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:56 am

Good Luck To The Lad :bluebird:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Tom Davies is 18 in November :bluebird:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Liked what I saw of him, made an excellent pass for Tomlin at one stage where he almost won a penalty.

Think by the looks of things it will be Bagan first choice, Tom Davies second choice :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:47 pm

I think its great what big mick is doing bringing the youth through to the 1st team squad ,alot of fans on this board have been calling for that for years !

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think its great what big mick is doing bringing the youth through to the 1st team squad ,alot of fans on this board have been calling for that for years !

I am One of them Wez :thumbright: as the club and local media have been saying for the last year how fantastic they are and the best for years , so excited to see them make it :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Well done Mick and the youngsters, think Micks experience and investment will pay dividends for these lads for years to come.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:58 pm

Bringing youngsters through is great when they are ready and good enough.

Having to bring them through does nobody any good. Club, squad, youngsters themselves, fans......

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think its great what big mick is doing bringing the youth through to the 1st team squad ,alot of fans on this board have been calling for that for years !

so who exactly has he excluded ? its been forced upon him by cut backs...