Ninian27 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I am more convinced than ever that TAN SHOULD GO NOW.

It's not new news especially from me of course ( but please read on), and its for all the reasons I have raised over the last twelve months.

Any other owner, would have allowed just a few quid to be spent on a bit of quality.

Cardiff City is, not only, the biggest club in Wales, but was one of the big clubs of the Championship. Now we can be classed as beggars and paupers.

BUT, of course Tan wants to hold onto power and refuses to sell.

Yes, its Barclay1, and his anti Tan Rhetoric, but I've never been less excited for a season. I realise I get on peoples t*ts with my views, so the good news is, after this post I'm not going to mention Tan again.

It makes no difference, nothing will change, he'll keep us as his toy, and, believe it or not, it actually ruins my love of football. So there you have it. I'll still post, but Mr Tan your no longer on my radar.

I've said my piece.

If you're a genuine fan then I don't wanna be.We are playing in blue so suck it up.

Seems he is a 'fan', which is vouched for through certain others on here; but he does seem to have an agenda where some opinions formed are not his own... ;)

Believe he attended at least one pre-season away game, which is equally as commendable as it is odd for a 'fan' with a pretty negative agenda...

Until we can replace the current owner with someone 'acceptable' to him, I think we just have to suck it and see whilst being mainly grateful we have an owner who can keep us out of the mire that some Championsip and other EFL clubs are in

Went to both away pre season friendlies :thumbup:

Ive followed the club through thick and thin over 48 years up and down the Country.

I've seen it bad as indeed you have, and this season, based on experience, feels as bad as it has done for many years.

Haha, am still trying to convince you that all opinions ARE my own. :lol:

Genuine question mate, how can you gauge how bad it is when the season hasn’t started yet?

Thanks for your respectful question. My reply of course doesn't mean I'm right.

I've seen years of pre season and pre season build up, during times of feast and famine.

A poor window ( admittedly so far), a reliance on untried personnel from lower leagues, an open statement of being penniless, a poor home performance against poor opposition, albeit a friendly ( it was also a friendly for Cambridge) will all rub off on the players.

Everyone, players, fans knows it will be tough and however they do it, the powers that be must inject SOME enthusiasm around the club.

I will be over the moon if we are challenging this year, and I'm not even bothered in one way that we may struggle, but we are not giving ourselves a chance to do well.

Fair points made.
It’s a poor window if we’re looking at star names but who’s to say the likes of Giles and the midfielder from Crewe won’t turn out to be little gems.
I’m thinking that Collins will be (at first) on the bench with the idea of resting Moore whenever possible with a ‘like for like’ replacement which we didn’t have last season.
I’ve seen awful pre seasons and a great start and vice versa so personally I’m not looking too much into these results.
We have a manager who seems to want to blood our youth players and that could be a huge success or maybe it won’t.
I’ve always been a half glass full person (one has to be from supporting them since 1977!) so maybe I’m being a little over optimistic.
Let’s wait and see. :thumbup:

Whats up 62r? Iypt is as you say, glass half full for me too, still time for a surprise or two, people seem to forget, tan has spent a fair few bob, keeping us going through something nobody has been through before (and fingers crossed not again in our lifetimes)
Tans wealth has taken a massive dip due to covid, as leisure is his main bag,

I've ALWAYS given a manger first 12 or so games, before any sort of decision on where I perceive we are heading, to do so before seems a bit odd to me, especially based on warm up game results, the same way I wont be going nuts if we beat Southampton 4-0.the real games start in august, anything before is to test players & formations out, if we keep Moore, I believe if tomlin stays fit, he could supply plenty of chances for him.

Onwards and upwards CCFC :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Mate,Explain more in detail?

Tan, parachute payments wasted, court cases, rebrand.
Mate,I have nothing to thank Tan for, are we debt free mate now?

Would we be self sufficient if he left tomorrow ?

My View:

Nothing to do with anyone else or Ninian.

100% NO as the club had not improved in 12 years behind the scenes and in my opinion I think we are run very unprofessional and have been for years .

Re: Having heard MM say no more.....

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:14 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I am more convinced than ever that TAN SHOULD GO NOW.

It's not new news especially from me of course ( but please read on), and its for all the reasons I have raised over the last twelve months.

Any other owner, would have allowed just a few quid to be spent on a bit of quality.

Cardiff City is, not only, the biggest club in Wales, but was one of the big clubs of the Championship. Now we can be classed as beggars and paupers.

BUT, of course Tan wants to hold onto power and refuses to sell.

Yes, its Barclay1, and his anti Tan Rhetoric, but I've never been less excited for a season. I realise I get on peoples t*ts with my views, so the good news is, after this post I'm not going to mention Tan again.

It makes no difference, nothing will change, he'll keep us as his toy, and, believe it or not, it actually ruins my love of football. So there you have it. I'll still post, but Mr Tan your no longer on my radar.

I've said my piece.

If you're a genuine fan then I don't wanna be.We are playing in blue so suck it up.

Seems he is a 'fan', which is vouched for through certain others on here; but he does seem to have an agenda where some opinions formed are not his own... ;)

Believe he attended at least one pre-season away game, which is equally as commendable as it is odd for a 'fan' with a pretty negative agenda...

Until we can replace the current owner with someone 'acceptable' to him, I think we just have to suck it and see whilst being mainly grateful we have an owner who can keep us out of the mire that some Championsip and other EFL clubs are in

Went to both away pre season friendlies :thumbup:

Ive followed the club through thick and thin over 48 years up and down the Country.

I've seen it bad as indeed you have, and this season, based on experience, feels as bad as it has done for many years.

Haha, am still trying to convince you that all opinions ARE my own. :lol:

Genuine question mate, how can you gauge how bad it is when the season hasn’t started yet?

Thanks for your respectful question. My reply of course doesn't mean I'm right.

I've seen years of pre season and pre season build up, during times of feast and famine.

A poor window ( admittedly so far), a reliance on untried personnel from lower leagues, an open statement of being penniless, a poor home performance against poor opposition, albeit a friendly ( it was also a friendly for Cambridge) will all rub off on the players.

Everyone, players, fans knows it will be tough and however they do it, the powers that be must inject SOME enthusiasm around the club.

I will be over the moon if we are challenging this year, and I'm not even bothered in one way that we may struggle, but we are not giving ourselves a chance to do well.

Fair points made.
It’s a poor window if we’re looking at star names but who’s to say the likes of Giles and the midfielder from Crewe won’t turn out to be little gems.
I’m thinking that Collins will be (at first) on the bench with the idea of resting Moore whenever possible with a ‘like for like’ replacement which we didn’t have last season.
I’ve seen awful pre seasons and a great start and vice versa so personally I’m not looking too much into these results.
We have a manager who seems to want to blood our youth players and that could be a huge success or maybe it won’t.
I’ve always been a half glass full person (one has to be from supporting them since 1977!) so maybe I’m being a little over optimistic.
Let’s wait and see. :thumbup:

Whats up 62r? Iypt is as you say, glass half full for me too, still time for a surprise or two, people seem to forget, tan has spent a fair few bob, keeping us going through something nobody has been through before (and fingers crossed not again in our lifetimes)
Tans wealth has taken a massive dip due to covid, as leisure is his main bag,

I've ALWAYS given a manger first 12 or so games, before any sort of decision on where I perceive we are heading, to do so before seems a bit odd to me, especially based on warm up game results, the same way I wont be going nuts if we beat Southampton 4-0.the real games start in august, anything before is to test players & formations out, if we keep Moore, I believe if tomlin stays fit, he could supply plenty of chances for him.

Onwards and upwards CCFC :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Mate,Explain more in detail?

Tan, parachute payments wasted, court cases, rebrand.
Mate,I have nothing to thank Tan for, are we debt free mate now?

Would we be self sufficient if he left tomorrow ?

the answer is no..... but as much as i am grateful to VT for his financial support the reality is we have never been further from being self sufficient....

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:32 am

Skidemin wrote

the answer is no..... but as much as i am grateful to VT for his financial support the reality is we have never been further from being self sufficient....[/quote]

Agreed quite the opposite.

Tan and his committee after 12 years have not improved the way the club is run behind the scenes.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Skidemin wrote

the answer is no..... but as much as i am grateful to VT for his financial support the reality is we have never been further from being self sufficient....

Tan and his committee after 12 years have not improved the way the club is run behind the scenes.[/quote]

in fairness his arrival saved us and football wise the first few years were very good { spoiled by the rebrand } ..
since then its just been tales of insane amounts of debt and how much he has to subsidise monthly loses...
would someone else have done a better job ? its the million dollar question..

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:28 pm

skidemin wrote:

Tan and his committee after 12 years have not improved the way the club is run behind the scenes.

in fairness his arrival saved us and football wise the first few years were very good { spoiled by the rebrand } ..
since then its just been tales of insane amounts of debt and how much he has to subsidise monthly loses...
would someone else have done a better job ? its the million dollar question..[/quote]

Would someone else have done a better job is an interesting way to look at it. Apart from Brighton, Burnley and the glaring example of Leicester, I can’t think of a club that during that same time frame has come from our level and had sustained success.

Swansea, Bournemouth would stand out as two teams who were where we (or below) 10 years ago, but no further ahead now. Hard to see many major infrastructure benefits put in by either club, although Swansea could point to the academy (but we be able to in 2 years).

Teams like Southampton and Palace have gone past us again, but had years of being in the top flight so arguably we’re always a Premier League outfit who had a few years in the lower leagues.

Teams like Watford, West Brom, Norwich and Fulham continue to be Yo-Yo clubs.

Wolves would be the other one but they have throw ridiculous money at it, but they have started to slip so be interesting to see which way the change of manager takes them.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:09 am

Blue78 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

would someone else have done a better job ? its the million dollar question..

Would someone else have done a better job is an interesting way to look at it. Apart from Brighton, Burnley and the glaring example of Leicester, I can’t think of a club that during that same time frame has come from our level and had sustained success.

Swansea, Bournemouth would stand out as two teams who were where we (or below) 10 years ago, but no further ahead now. Hard to see many major infrastructure benefits put in by either club, although Swansea could point to the academy (but we be able to in 2 years).

Teams like Southampton and Palace have gone past us again, but had years of being in the top flight so arguably we’re always a Premier League outfit who had a few years in the lower leagues.

Teams like Watford, West Brom, Norwich and Fulham continue to be Yo-Yo clubs.

Wolves would be the other one but they have throw ridiculous money at it, but they have started to slip so be interesting to see which way the change of manager takes them.[/quote]

Sums it up for me :thumbup: why I need to explain a conversation with a fellow poster surprised me a little, but in truth, if people cannot see tan and his wealth have taken a bashing, from owning a flailing club, managers spending silly amounts on fees and wages (I say manager as both Malky & especially warnock, had more knowledge football wise than the committee ) long contracts that are either run down, with no sell on fee, regardless of how small it may seem! People sat on big wages, showing little effort, players injures for forever, bleeding the club further, with no chance of selling, the list is long I agree, but it's not al, tans doing, I'm 100% sure of that.

Call me old fashioned, but for some reason I cannot explain, I have always believed tan, when he stated if he left, we would be in the "right hands" (we all know what he means there) and we would be in a better more stable condition, I'm not saying, or blaming covid on it all, that would be stupid, but we are facing an unprecedented lack of financial incomes backlash from last year, the same can be said for an awful lot of clubs, and we will almost ALL be chasing the tails of the relegated three, with their "added income" stream.

Lastly this is not aimed at this poster in any way, it's aimed at Barclay1

How can explain a glass half full to you? I believe unless a certain guy takes over, you will continue your attack on tan, and that's perfectly within your rights as a poster :thumbup:

I'm ALWAYS nervous at the START of every season myself, but it's more nervous exitement than any thing else, in to as we will play, how will the youngsters fare , which way are we heading etc etc, not the political side of it, tbf, that rather bores me, I'm more into screaming my head off at the boys in blue, than checking to see if the owner is at the game etc, I get the fact some cannot, and never will give the man 1 Oz of respect, for them it's damage done, no going back, I'm not of that volition myself, but understand some are :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:45 pm

If Tan was to Jack it in and who could blame him if he is aware of the venom on this message board do you really believe we could survive as a football club

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:If Tan was to Jack it in and who could blame him if he is aware of the venom on this message board do you really believe we could survive as a football club

Yes I do. I believe there is a potential owner ready and waiting.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:If Tan was to Jack it in and who could blame him if he is aware of the venom on this message board do you really believe we could survive as a football club

impossible to answer without knowing the circumstances of his departure...

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:16 am

Barclay1 wrote:

Yes I do. I believe there is a potential owner ready and waiting.

If that’s true, they’ve kept themselves pretty quiet so far. Which tbf is the right way to go about business.