OFFICIAL: “ Swansea City looking for a new manager as “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Steve Cooper has officially left Swansea City, it was announced on Wednesday evening.

The manager has terminated his contract by mutual consent just two weeks before the new season begins.

Cooper had 12 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed upon arriving at the Liberty Stadium in the summer of 2019.

Steve Cooper to leave Swansea City and search for new manager begins

Steve Cooper is set to leave Swansea City this week

By Ian Mitchelmore

Wednesday 21st July 2021

Swansea City are searching for a new manager as Steve Cooper is on the brink of an exit from the club.

The 41-year-old oversaw his side's 2-1 pre-season win against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park on Tuesday night.

He addressed the intense speculation surrounding his future after the game against the Pilgrims, although his comments raised more questions than answers.

And on Wednesday, it emerged that Cooper is now set to have his contract terminated by mutual consent.

It means the Swans are now looking to appoint a new boss ahead of their Championship opener at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, August 7.

The 41-year-old's contract is set to be terminated by mutual consent, although the Swans are hopeful of appointing a new boss well before their Championship opener at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, August 7.
Attachments
3D0F7423-27F7-4F0B-AD8F-F5241D09D088.jpeg
3D0F7423-27F7-4F0B-AD8F-F5241D09D088.jpeg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 7282 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Breaking; “ Swansea City looking for new manager as “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Cooper's Swansea record

Steve Cooper oversaw 105 competitive matches during his time as Swansea boss.

His record is as follows: W:47; D:28; L:30.

His win rate is 45%.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cooper's Swansea record

His win rate is 45%.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222894
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Bournemouth manager Howe has been installed as the 4/1 favourite to take charge at the Liberty Stadium.

Ex-Chelsea and Derby County boss Frank Lampard is the 5/1 second favourite for the role while Alex Neil, John Terry and Neil Lennon are all at 8/1.

Paul Warne, Gareth Ainsworth, Welshman Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes are also among those listed while former Under-23s boss Cameron Toshack is a name that could be considered.

The full list of odds are available below.

Swansea City next manager odds

· Eddie Howe - 4/1

· Frank Lampard – 5/1

· Alex Neil – 8/1

· John Terry – 8/1

· Neil Lennon – 8/1

· Paul Warne – 12/1

· Gareth Ainsworth – 12/1

· Tony Pulis – 12/1

· Mark Hughes – 12/1

· Sam Allardyce – 12/1

· Roy Keane – 14/1

· Steven Gerrard – 16/1

· Alan Pardew – 16/1

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Very odd circumstances saying leaving but not just yet? Probably got job lined up waiting for that club to sack their manager.... :o
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm

skidemin wrote:

His win rate is 45%.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=222894

Most would have been fooled by the hugely disrespectful 'Plug' headline... :oops:

Whilst I am not averse to extracting a laugh out of a 'Jack', there are limits and insulting the way someone was born is rightly 'old hat' :oops:

Edie Howe to Swansea?

Can't see that, as Eddie didn't war to come to Cardiff for non-footballing reasons and he's holding out for a Premier League job. Last I looked, the Swans returned from their recent London trip empty-handed... :D
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:10 pm

If Eddie howe won't go to Bournemouth fulham Palace celticor any other team he's been linked with can't see him going to Swansea but what do I know. Lamport does have history with the swans that one more likely.
pontlliwblue

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:

His win rate is 45%.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222894

Most would have been fooled by the hugely disrespectful 'Plug' headline... :oops:

Whilst I am not averse to extracting a laugh out of a 'Jack', there are limits and insulting the way someone was born is rightly 'old hat' :oops:

Edie Howe to Swansea?

Can't see that, as Eddie didn't war to come to Cardiff for non-footballing reasons and he's holding out for a Premier League job. Last I looked, the Swans returned from their recent London trip empty-handed... :D

indeed had he just put cooper it would have been clearer... i pot the link thinking Annis would join the 2.....

i dont see Eddie spendalot going there either... Cooper leaving apparently was down to squad strength { lack of } and not being backed to improve it.... so where does Eddie fit into that....will be Toshack junior
skidemin

Postby BC-CB » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Rumour doing the rounds is that he is in line for the Wales job. Anyone else heard this?
BC-CB

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 pm

BC-CB wrote:Rumour doing the rounds is that he is in line for the Wales job. Anyone else heard this?

nothing is impossible ...but what about Giggs ? and Page ?
and Swansea come to that as id imagine if they knew this they would have been wanting compensation...
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 pm

Steve Cooper has officially left Swansea City, it was announced on Wednesday evening.

The manager has terminated his contract by mutual consent just two weeks before the new season begins.

Cooper had 12 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed upon arriving at the Liberty Stadium in the summer of 2019.

In a statement, Cooper said: “I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two seasons, especially getting to the play-off final, but it feels like a good time for all parties to make a change.

“It is a fantastic club, with incredible supporters and I am very grateful to them, to the players and all the staff for making me so welcome here. I wish the team every success for the future.”

The Swans say Cooper's departure comes despite efforts by the club to enter dialogue with regards to a contract extension.

Swansea City chief executive Julian Winter said: “We feel that this conclusion is in the best interests of the club with a new season just over two weeks away.

“This decision has been reached amicably and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for his professionalism while this process has been resolved.

“During his two years in charge, Steve has immersed himself in the club and continually improved our league position as well as giving young players a first-team opportunity.

“It has been well documented that since the club dropped out of the Premier League, the financial position was one that meant the club had to be far more sustainable and we are pleased that so many young players have come here and been afforded that opportunity by Steve and his coaching staff.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: OFFICIAL: “ Swansea City looking for new manager as “

Postby DEANO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:05 pm

Most would have been fooled by the hugely disrespectful 'Plug' headline..OH DEAR CHRIS. YOU REALLY NEED TO CHILL MY Friend
DEANO

Postby Ian Gibson fanclub » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:28 pm

I suggest they go for Trollope
Ian Gibson fanclub

Postby stickywicket » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:I suggest they go for Trollope

Kevin Cullis
stickywicket

Postby Sven » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm

DEANO wrote:Most would have been fooled by the hugely disrespectful 'Plug' headline..OH DEAR CHRIS. YOU REALLY NEED TO CHILL MY Friend

And you need to grow up...

I'm as chilled as most; just have humanity and standards. I know Keith and his lovely family, too ;) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: OFFICIAL: “ Swansea City looking for a new manager as “

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:23 pm

I think coopers shelf life is limited. He has the contacts for the under 17 world Cup squad most of whom are now signing deals at premier or top championship level. After this it will be down solely to coaching swans own youngsters and they're not as abundant as they were a few years back.
pontlliwblue

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:31 pm

A bit surprised by this as he's done well there! Some top names being named for the vacant position.
Llantwit bluebird

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:I suggest they go for Trollope

Kevin Cullis

That was the funniest ever appointment :lol:
Danny Says

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Oh dear
Attachments
FB_IMG_1626904565731.jpg
FB_IMG_1626904565731.jpg (32.5 KiB) Viewed 4341 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:07 am

wez1927 wrote:Oh dear

a much more realistic list there Wez...
skidemin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 am

Sounds like they're going for Eustace - strange appointment.

Eddie Howe going to a Championship club is extremely unlikely. I know for a fact that a few clubs have been put off approaching him anyway, due to his indecision with the Celtic job.

Must be a story behind the scenes as to why Cooper has gone, a few Jacks seem to think it's because he wasn't happy they won't be spending much and have lost all their best players.

Would be a decent appointment for Wales if Giggs gets found guilty.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby castleblue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:46 am

No Neil Harris :o surely he would be a perfect fit. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:36 am

Swansea City's search for a new manager is expected to move swiftly, with QPR assistant John Eustace already emerging as a contender.

Eustace came close to landing the role two years ago when Steve Cooper was chosen to succeed Graham Potter.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:43 am

castleblue wrote:

No Neil Harris :o surely he would be a perfect fit. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

the forgotten man...
skidemin

Postby Crayfish » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Sounds like they're going for Eustace - strange appointment.

Eddie Howe going to a Championship club is extremely unlikely. I know for a fact that a few clubs have been put off approaching him anyway, due to his indecision with the Celtic job.

Must be a story behind the scenes as to why Cooper has gone, a few Jacks seem to think it's because he wasn't happy they won't be spending much and have lost all their best players.

h

Is Eddie Howe that good a manager? He did a good job at Bournemoth certainly but was very ordinary as Burnley manager. He has been talked about for several jobs but hasn't taken any. Maybe he is waiting for Real Madrid Barcelona or Paris SG to come along and offer him a job. Or possibly he sees himself as the next England manager.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 am

Crayfish wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Sounds like they're going for Eustace - strange appointment.

h

Is Eddie Howe that good a manager? He did a good job at Bournemoth certainly but was very ordinary as Burnley manager. He has been talked about for several jobs but hasn't taken any. Maybe he is waiting for Real Madrid Barcelona or Paris SG to come along and offer him a job. Or possibly he sees himself as the next England manager.

done a decent enough job getting them up the leagues ..
but spent a lot of money as well.. broke FFP rules when promoted.. and i remember reading that their bench alone had cost £80 mill plus with wages as much as 100k a week when we beat them at the CCS in the prem......
not for anyone on a budget...
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:19 am

It's a common theme about their managers several left after apparent dissatisfaction with the board now cooper declined to talk to them over a new deal? Perhaps his supply of England under 23s as run out or he feels they are not going to have enough quality to challenge at top championship.... still bit odd considering top 6 past two seasons, wonder if he's waiting for a manager to be sacked before taking charge ?
pembroke allan

Postby cardiff 74 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm

I got nothing against Steve Cooper personally i do think he is a good manager but I always said the jacks would turn on him in the end I wish he hadn’t gone there in the first place but I also remember when they beat us down the liberty he ran across the pitch to the Swansea banging his chest and showing them his badge I thought then bad move Steve no matter what no turning back know but they will turn on you one day and they have
cardiff 74

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Couldn't care less about any other club. Particularly that lot.
Big Hill Blue

Return to General Chat