Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gavin Whyte

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:06 am

Gavin Whyte looked lively at first under Warnock but as time went on he began to look like he was just running round like a headless chicken for the last 10 minutes of a game.

Clearly fell out of favour under Harris and then headed out on loan to Hull where he was deemed to have had a successful stint.

He scores goals and performs internationally, so there clearly is talent there, and with the Irish connections and his match winning goal last night is he likely to stay and feature in Mick McCarthys plans?

What's your thoughts?

Re: Gavin Whyte

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 am

I’d guess MM I’d going to try and shift him on. From what I’ve seen of him in a city shirt, I tend to agree. Wouldn’t be too upset if he stayed tho.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am

new manager = clean slate....

MM had no hesitation in playing Flint who was sent back early or cutting short Browns stint at Livingston... both surplus to requirements under NH... on the other hand maybe NH would have campaigned harder to keep Joe and Junior ?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:25 pm

skidemin wrote:new manager = clean slate....

MM had no hesitation in playing Flint who was sent back early or cutting short Browns stint at Livingston... both surplus to requirements under NH... on the other hand maybe NH would have campaigned harder to keep Joe and Junior ?

Joe and Juniors wages would be a major sticking point I reckon.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

They were :thumbup:

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

yes.. but maybe NH valuation of them to the team / success was higher than Micks..
i know if it was me id be desperately wanting to keep and pushing for Joes offer to be upped, but there are plenty that dont rate him and wouldnt...all opinions..

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:09 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

yes.. but maybe NH valuation of them to the team / success was higher than Micks..
i know if it was me id be desperately wanting to keep and pushing for Joes offer to be upped, but there are plenty that dont rate him and wouldnt...all opinions..

I rate him and would loved to have kept him but not to break the wage barrier. Before anyone says, I understand that Tomlin is probably on more but the club’s hands are tied there as he’s under contract, unlike Joe was.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Did well last season on his loan to HULL .

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:57 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Did well last season on his loan to HULL .

He is a bit of a strange case. When we bought him form Oxford he was regarded as an out and out winger who could score goals too. But Warnock seemed to use him as more of an auxiliary fullback than an attacking player and he fell out of form. Don't know much about his form for Hull but neither Warnock Harris or MM seem to fancy him that much so if we could get a half way decent fee for him which won't be much these days we should probably sell.

If the youngsters coming through are as good as many people suggest we don't want too many fringe players blocking their path to the first team either.