August 7th freedom day?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

August 7th freedom day?

Postby dazza » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:13 am

I personally don't think it's going to happen and that the CCS will only be allowed crowds of 8000 until after Christmas.

I also get the feeling that Drakeford will demand that every fan attending any big social gathering (football rugby concerts) will have to have a covid passport.
dazza

August 7th freedom day?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: August 7th freedom day?

Postby Leon1927 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:26 am

This is set for the premier league too https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... e-matches/
Leon1927

Postby davids » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Certainly won't be any freedom day in Wales.

May get 8000 in the ground until end of September when another full lockdown is likely for the rest of the winter.

As Drakeford is Starmer's little bitch don't be at all surprised if you need to prove two jabs and have a negative test on the day of the game to get anywhere near the ground.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:18 pm

Vaccine passports are likely needed to enter any ground in UK... which could spell end for many clubs in leagues div1/2 and behond
pembroke allan

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 pm

My understanding is that 7th August has been mentioned as a potential “freedom day” in Wales, but has an earlier date been mentioned as to when a firm decision will be made?

I’m still optimistic it will be full capacity for Barnsley and I’ll react to anything else nearer the time. :bluescarf:
103 Barmy Army

Postby dazza » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:53 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:My understanding is that 7th August has been mentioned as a potential “freedom day” in Wales, but has an earlier date been mentioned as to when a firm decision will be made?

I’m still optimistic it will be full capacity for Barnsley and I’ll react to anything else nearer the time. :bluescarf:

Drakeford's next review is on the 6 August I think, so it's not giving alot of time to sort things out. I'm resigned to missing the Barnsley game and probably alot more before Christmas.
dazza

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:19 pm

dazza wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:My understanding is that 7th August has been mentioned as a potential “freedom day” in Wales, but has an earlier date been mentioned as to when a firm decision will be made?

Drakeford's next review is on the 6 August I think, so it's not giving alot of time to sort things out. I'm resigned to missing the Barnsley game and probably alot more before Christmas.

Problem is drakeford doesn't give a toss to anybody but himself.... hes consistently left buisnesses in the lurch not knowing what they can do to open by making Late decisions said ice rinks can open now ? only got two in wales but one cant open as it's a covid centre and Cardiff's need at least a month notice before can open just one example of his stupidity many more like it.. not sure what city can do other than for start season go on present rules as obviously st holders need paper tickets to get in ground as cards wont be available until it's clear what capacity is..
pembroke allan

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:36 pm

My guess is certainly a much restricted attendance from game day one until around end of September or October when the double jab vaccination passport will be introduced around the same time as the Premiership.
Probably from that stage, full attendances will be allowed.
This may also apply to other sports such as rugby and Ice Hockey.
I'll be amazed if Mr Drakeford is more generous than that.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

dazza wrote:

Thanks for the reply and that is unbelievably last minute, you’re right.

I’m getting by on blind faith at the minute, although the reality is you’re probably not far off with the Christmas prediction. Then again, my 18 year old daughter has had both jabs and 17 year old son (who is the age bracket below) has now been offered his first jab, so I’m hoping normality resumes much sooner.
103 Barmy Army

Postby Carys » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 pm

I went to the vaccine centre today with my son for his second jab and the nurse told me about the vaccine passport and how to use it. She said to keep the website details to hand, as proving I have had my 2 jabs could come in handy for attending matches. Here is the poster she told me to save to my phone:
Attachments
20210725_094535.jpg
20210725_094535.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 2427 times
Carys

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Carys wrote:I went to the vaccine centre today with my son for his second jab and the nurse told me about the vaccine passport and how to use it. She said to keep the website details to hand, as proving I have had my 2 jabs could come in handy for attending matches. Here is the poster she told me to save to my phone:

Very interesting! The full house for Barnsley home is back on. It’s like an emotional rollercoaster. :lol:
103 Barmy Army

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:23 pm

To make people jam their arm with an experimental medicine to be able to live their life is a very dangerous precedent to set. We cannot accept it.
nubbsy

Postby philrogers » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:50 pm

We? Who is we?

I have had my two jabs and nobody forced me to have them. Its just common sense!
philrogers

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 am

nubbsy wrote:To make people jam their arm with an experimental medicine to be able to live their life is a very dangerous precedent to set. We cannot accept it.

No one is making anyone have vaccination ... people have to have drug tests before doing certain jobs otherwise dont work.... got to have yellow fever vaccination or not allowed into certain countries and there are more restrictions like this
so what's different about having to have vaccination to be allowed into a venue? You dont want to have an experimental drug as your call it thats your prerogative if ccfc dont want people in their ground without vaccination that's their prerogative! life's full of restrictions to stop people doing things people just have to get on with it
pembroke allan

Postby englishbluebird » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:31 am

nubbsy wrote:To make people jam their arm with an experimental medicine to be able to live their life is a very dangerous precedent to set. We cannot accept it.

I agree with you. If people want a vaccine, I dont slate them. Yet I decide to not get any and im called all the names under the sun. Ive resigned myself to not watching Cardiff again live ,but felt other fans would have stuck up for us a bit more . Especially considering 10k can walk in Asda vaccinated or not
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 am

englishbluebird wrote:

I agree with you. If people want a vaccine, I dont slate them. Yet I decide to not get any and im called all the names under the sun. Ive resigned myself to not watching Cardiff again live ,but felt other fans would have stuck up for us a bit more . Especially considering 10k can walk in Asda vaccinated or not

As a lesson who cannot safely take the jab, in a way I feel fortunate , that the decision is mostly out I feel to date, similarI of my hands (I could risk it, and perhaps have a very negative reaction) but also feel there has fast become "us & them" scenario being played out, this is just my opinion and views,and may not suit all, and thas ok.

I have written to the club, for clarification on their stance on the passport idea, and how/if a person like myself would be allowed to attend, I got a reply, my e mail was in a queue, and will be answered as soon as possible, well it's been four days, and I expect one tomorrow! ! As for the people who have made a decision on the jab, and have chosen to decline it, for whatever reason, then for me, that to date, is their right, and to be "punished" for it is wrong, as you say, no restrictions at supermarkets, most gave up masks months ago :| I feel the same as you at the moment, it's becoming more like not when I can go and see my beloved club, it's becoming more and more of a case of IF I will. A very sorry state of affairs in my eyes I will of course post again and let people know what they are saying , And my hope is a letter from my consultant will suffice, but for the 1st time, I'm worried that other people, my fellow fans, may disagree that an "un vaccinated " person should be allowed in, regardless of why they are not??

I feel really sorry for those that are likely to face "punishment " for what is their right, I feel that it is a form of bribery, and some may well dismiss their own thoughts and feelings, and go ahead begrudgingly, just to attention events? After all, the simple truth is , there COULD be a problem a little further down the line, we simply do not know, and people have decided they are not willing to take that chance, are likely to be made to suffer for their choice? ? Simply put, if I'm unable to attend games, then the disability act of 2010, may as well be set on fire, to me, those that have the choice, whatever their decision, should be respected, not vilification as I've already seen :sad7:

Lastly, the season is upon us, I'm as nearly as exited as usual, but the uncertainty is not doing me nerves any good for sure!!
I really hope I don't have another season of screaming alone maybe, at my pc or tv :banghead:
I still feel we need a couple of 1st team starters tbh, especially midfield, and possibly at the back, another one would be good, anyway, whoever dons the shirt,will need the full support of everyone who does manage to attend!! We have been away a long time, let's show the team what they been missing, because on form, we ate simply the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby dazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:03 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

As a lesson who cannot safely take the jab, in a way I feel fortunate , that the decision is mostly out I feel to date, similarI of my hands (I could risk it, and perhaps have a very negative reaction) but also feel there has fast become "us & them" scenario being played out, this is just my opinion and views,and may not suit all, and thas ok.

I have written to the club, for clarification on their stance on the passport idea, and how/if a person like myself would be allowed to attend, I got a reply, my e mail was in a queue, and will be answered as soon as possible, well it's been four days, and I expect one tomorrow! ! As for the people who have made a decision on the jab, and have chosen to decline it, for whatever reason, then for me, that to date, is their right, and to be "punished" for it is wrong, as you say, no restrictions at supermarkets, most gave up masks months ago :| I feel the same as you at the moment, it's becoming more like not when I can go and see my beloved club, it's becoming more and more of a case of IF I will. A very sorry state of affairs in my eyes I will of course post again and let people know what they are saying , And my hope is a letter from my consultant will suffice, but for the 1st time, I'm worried that other people, my fellow fans, may disagree that an "un vaccinated " person should be allowed in, regardless of why they are not??

I feel really sorry for those that are likely to face "punishment " for what is their right, I feel that it is a form of bribery, and some may well dismiss their own thoughts and feelings, and go ahead begrudgingly, just to attention events? After all, the simple truth is , there COULD be a problem a little further down the line, we simply do not know, and people have decided they are not willing to take that chance, are likely to be made to suffer for their choice? ? Simply put, if I'm unable to attend games, then the disability act of 2010, may as well be set on fire, to me, those that have the choice, whatever their decision, should be respected, not vilification as I've already seen :sad7:

Lastly, the season is upon us, I'm as nearly as exited as usual, but the uncertainty is not doing me nerves any good for sure!!
I really hope I don't have another season of screaming alone maybe, at my pc or tv :banghead:
I still feel we need a couple of 1st team starters tbh, especially midfield, and possibly at the back, another one would be good, anyway, whoever dons the shirt,will need the full support of everyone who does manage to attend!! We have been away a long time, let's show the team what they been missing, because on form, we ate simply the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's going to out of the clubs hands, if Drakeford says we must have a double habit in order to attend games then that's what we must do, if he says we must produce a covid passport then that's what we got to do. WG SET THE RULES NOT THE CLUB.
dazza

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

I still feel we need a couple of 1st team starters tbh, especially midfield, and possibly at the back, another one would be good, anyway, whoever dons the shirt,will need the full support of everyone who does manage to attend!! We have been away a long time, let's show the team what they been missing, because on form, we ate simply the best :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Paul I understand all that you are saying, but there are many people including myself out there that would not want to sit next to an unvaccinated person who could possibly have covid and have no Symptoms, and could even pass it on to vaccinted people, because as we know that the vaccine is not 100% effective. I have had my two jabs, but due to my medical conditions, I would be vunerable to any infections. So the answer for me is that I would not be able to attend a full capacity match, until such a time that the risk of me catching covid was negligable. As for yourself, and other people who cannot have the jabs, I think the answer would be to be able to have free covid tests before entering the ground, but the time required to complete the tests and have a result, would be a nightmare, and I think in practice would be highly unlikely to take place. So let us all hope that all those able to have the jabs, will have them and help to protect other people, and hope that eventually covid becomes harmless to everyone :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby dazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Carys wrote:I went to the vaccine centre today with my son for his second jab and the nurse told me about the vaccine passport and how to use it. She said to keep the website details to hand, as proving I have had my 2 jabs could come in handy for attending matches. Here is the poster she told me to save to my phone:

Very interesting! The full house for Barnsley home is back on. It’s like an emotional rollercoaster. :lol:

When you download it it say ENGLAND only.
dazza

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 pm

dazza wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

When you download it it say ENGLAND only.[/quote

Yes it is not yet available in Wales and also in England the passport has to be renewed every month :thumbup:
Igovernor

Return to General Chat