Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Of all the youngsters coming thro Harris has looked the most promising to step up , and we leave him go on loan.
Incredible

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 pm

fred keenor wrote:Of all the youngsters coming thro Harris has looked the most promising to step up , and we leave him go on loan.
Incredible

I disagree, I think Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill are much more promising from what I've seen of U23 games.

Harris is a good finisher but needs to work on his all-round game. It's no good being a good finisher if you don't get the ball.

Besides, we're not selling him. A loan at a League One club will determine whether he actually is good enough. That's the whole point of loaning players out.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Good news on the signings :thumbright:

Big challenge for us will be keeping hold of Moore if teams come in for him towards the end of the window.[/quote

Yes Ned, got to keep our fingers crossed :thumbup:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Of all the youngsters coming thro Harris has looked the most promising to step up , and we leave him go on loan.
Incredible

I disagree, I think Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill are much more promising from what I've seen of U23 games.

Harris is a good finisher but needs to work on his all-round game. It's no good being a good finisher if you don't get the ball.

Besides, we're not selling him. A loan at a League One club will determine whether he actually is good enough. That's the whole point of loaning players out.

What will it probe if he performs at league one level?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:26 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Incredible

I meant we'll learn a lot if he can't perform at League One level.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:31 pm

It really is bale isn’t it?? Because he can play up front. Wide. Centrally. And ….. left back! He’s basically all our signings in one

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 pm

The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Is the striker Robson kanu? Seems to be doing the rounds on twitter

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Incredible

Echoes of earnie send him on loan and hopefully will come back a better player

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Incredible

I meant we'll learn a lot if he can't perform at League One level.

Very fine point

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.

Is the striker Robson kanu? Seems to be doing the rounds on twitter

Not as far as I am aware!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 am

We have signed a player but havent announced it Really

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:02 am

DEANO wrote:We have signed a player but havent announced it Really

Yes really!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:10 am

Igovernor wrote:

Yes really!

Come on roger when's club going to announce bale as next signing? :laughing6:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Yes really!

Waiting for RM to pay his contract up before it’s announced.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:28 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Incredible

Agreed.

Not sure he's quick enough or has enough to his game to make it at Championship level but I really hope I'm wrong.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Yes really!

Now you have done it, giving that info away :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:58 am

Igovernor wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Yes really!

Now you have done it, giving that info away :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thought I’d get in first!...........

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS '

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Obviously it's BALE

Finally the voice of reason

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:19 pm

New Day Rising wrote:

MORE LIKE HAY BALE :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

MORE LIKE HAY BALE :bluescarf:

Dare I say thats the last STRAW :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 pm

I have a feeling that the winger is Robbie Brady. As for the centre half situation, it will most definitely be someone that MM knows well (Like the Bamba and Warnock link).

The striker will end up being David McGoldrick :banghead: :lol: :shock:

I like the young lad Bagan, but I still don't think he's the answer to our left back situation. Hopefully we can get someone in with a bit of quality and experience and keep the lad Giles playing further up the pitch.

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Thanks Roger :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I got told these signings are def true and at least one more or even two City players will also be leaving.

It’s the only way Mick is being allowed to deal.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thanks Roger :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I got told these signings are def true and at least one more or even two City players will also be leaving.

Happy days Annis :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Thanks Roger :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Happy days Annis :thumbup: :ayatollah:

:thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:46 pm

Struggling to understand why the delay unless its "HIM" :D
but judging by last post it will be good news or at least players that will enhance club hope so.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm

I wonder if the Midfielder/Winger we have signed has the initials MW ???

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:38 pm

Igovernor wrote:I wonder if the Midfielder/Winger we have signed has the initials MW ???

That’s a “NO” Rog...........

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Crayfish wrote:There is a Keinan Davies playing for Aston Villa. The good news is he has played 72 times for Villa in the championship and premier league the not so good news is he has only scored 3 goals in 72 league games plus 3 more in cup competitions. Is a centre forwad and seems to be rated highly by Villa despite the poor number of goals.

Would suggest looking at his record in paticular his goal scoring record he is not good enough for the premier league but might be decent for a championship club. Would be useful cover for Moore and Collins.

I have a mate who is a massive Villa fan. Mentioned this to him this morning and he said Keinan Davies has just in past day or so been ruled out with injury for 2 months.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Some reports are saying the striker is Hal Robson Kanu

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:00 pm

We are not signing anyone until we sell Moore. Which I don't want us to do.