Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:I have a feeling that the winger is Robbie Brady. As for the centre half situation, it will most definitely be someone that MM knows well (Like the Bamba and Warnock link).

The striker will end up being David McGoldrick :banghead: :lol: :shock:

I like the young lad Bagan, but I still don't think he's the answer to our left back situation. Hopefully we can get someone in with a bit of quality and experience and keep the lad Giles playing further up the pitch.

If we are or have signed Robbie Brady they are entirely unaware of it on Burnley fan forums.

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Saw that we are going for Hal Robson Kanu. I mean its not the worst signing ever. If true and if it goes through.
Wish we keep both Brown and Mark Harris as there development is going to be crucial for the whole 1st team and they are the future of the team so it would make alot of sense to keep both of them. As for Bennett I mean he is training with the 1st team as we speak so I would take the bullet and give Bennett a contract with us for a few more years.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm

I think we must have signed Marlay Watkins as he was named in yesterdays under 23 team.Otherwise he would have been named as one of the trialists.

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:I have a feeling that the winger is Robbie Brady. As for the centre half situation, it will most definitely be someone that MM knows well (Like the Bamba and Warnock link).

The striker will end up being David McGoldrick :banghead: :lol: :shock:

I like the young lad Bagan, but I still don't think he's the answer to our left back situation. Hopefully we can get someone in with a bit of quality and experience and keep the lad Giles playing further up the pitch.

If we are or have signed Robbie Brady they are entirely unaware of it on Burnley fan forums.

Because he is as released at the beginning of June and has been without a club since.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:06 am

I hope that the reason these signings have not been announced is NOT because they are contingent on selling Kieffer Moore

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:10 am

Blue View wrote:I think we must have signed Marlay Watkins as he was named in yesterdays under 23 team.Otherwise he would have been named as one of the trialists.

It would make sense if it was Marley Watkins because the club would be a bit embarrassed to announce it. Let's face it a player who is knocking on a bit and was released from a Bristol City much worse than us and who's best years were quite a few years back is a bit underwhelming even for a cash strapped club. Maybe they are waiting to make the announcement when we sign someone else quite good so we won't notice so much.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:55 pm

The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 pm

It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Danny Says wrote:The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.

secret weapons mate we have got 2 new players to change their names by deed poll to the names of existing players .. so dont be shocked Saturday when Aden Flint turns out to be a 5ft 7 midfielder with dreadlocks ...or that Tomlin is now 6ft 4 very trim and can run the 100 under 10 seconds....

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:55 pm

skidemin wrote:
Danny Says wrote:The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.

secret weapons mate we have got 2 new players to change their names by deed poll to the names of existing players .. so dont be shocked Saturday when Aden Flint turns out to be a 5ft 7 midfielder with dreadlocks ...or that Tomlin is now 6ft 4 very trim and can run the 100 under 10 seconds....

:lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:56 pm

welshrarebit wrote:It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:30 am

welshrarebit wrote:It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)

Another CB :lol:

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Well this turned out well…

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:08 pm

exiled12345 wrote:Well this turned out well…

Has the transfer window closed? I must have missed that.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

indeed we might sign players before the deadline.... oh and the number 9 shirt is vacant...

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Me too Ned :lol:

Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front

Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:35 pm

[quote="exiled12345"]Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front[/quote
Welcome exiled the board could do with another stirrer :thumbup:

Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am

Igovernor wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Me too Ned :lol:

:lol: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:18 am

Igovernor wrote:
exiled12345 wrote:Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front[/quote
Welcome exiled the board could do with another stirrer :thumbup:

im getting in early here..i predict we will / might / possibly sign someone before 2027....

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm

It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight

Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight

Are you educated? Didn’t you read he’s just signed a short term contract! It’s right when people say information is dangerous to some people.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Shit that Watkins

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Mick confirming again tonight in the presser that we won’t be signing any more players.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:15 pm

exiled12345 wrote:Mick confirming again tonight in the presser that we won’t be signing any more players.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
BLUEBIRD wrote:It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight

Are you educated? Didn’t you read he’s just signed a short term contract! It’s right when people say information is dangerous to some people.

Ain’t you f.in educated enough to see the times on the post . I quoted that before it was posted on the group about the short term contract

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:15 am

Igovernor wrote:UPDATED: Monday 2nd August 2021

Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.

Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.

And finally we are interested in a few more players to come in.

But it will mean one or two leaving and that does not include Whyte and Brown.
You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:

What happened to these signings then ???

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:54 pm

nobby wrote:

The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.

Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.

You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:

well he will say 1 was marley watkins and the other was only coming if moore went :happy1:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Two new signings
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-21466595

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
nobby wrote:

well he will say 1 was marley watkins and the other was only coming if moore went :happy1:

Do you read all the posts it was not watkins and the striker was coming in not instead of anyone but if you read the post statement you see why players did not come in VT knocked the signings on the head. Try reading the posts :banghead: