Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So how does this sit with you ?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pm

So where are the football players conscience when it comes to the World Cup in Qatar ?

Thousands of migrant workers have died to make sure these finals go ahead; not to mention they were treated as SLAVES !!

But hey ho, it does not matter, as this is in the here and now rather than over 170 years ago.

The whole tournament is a disgusting, evil, corrupt concept in Qatar with no one held to account.
No one held to account and complete silence by all the players and officials is deafening.

Will we be hearing loudmouths Rashford and Southgate opinions on this anytime soon ?

Don’t be silly; it doesn’t fit the agenda, does it ?

And when Wales take the knee tonight, will they be thinking of all those that lost their lives for them to play in the finals?

Re: So how does this sit with you ?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:55 pm

Why has some copy and pasted Facebook paragraphs unrelated to CCFC got stickied?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Rashford a loud mouth?

Why?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Canton Kev wrote:Why has some copy and pasted Facebook paragraphs unrelated to CCFC got stickied?

It's become the norm for certain types of posts or from certain members.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:Why has some copy and pasted Facebook paragraphs unrelated to CCFC got stickied?

You don't really think Canton Kev is a 'newbie', do you...? :?

As for the OP, you can either comment (on its merits) or ignore... ;)

Personally, I think the Qatar situation with FIFA and its associates absolutely stinks :oops:

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Personally, I think the Qatar situation with FIFA and its associates absolutely stinks :oops:

Agree but why he has had a pop at Rashford no idea.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:16 pm

It's awful the way they've been treated, but this isn't news. This has been covered dozens of times on here. Don't know why it's a sticky but I guess there is an argument that this topic will have plenty of discussion.

Including something about knee taking, Rashford and Southgate in the middle is a bit confusing and completely irrelevant.

But to make out that people don't care about how they've been treated is simply wrong.

Many, many people on here and on all other channels have raised thess concerns ever since they were awarded the World Cup.

In fact, I don't think I've seen anyone say that it's all fine.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:

This is also true.

But like I say, I guess I can see the reason - something for people to dicuss. But it has been mentioned several times before.

Personally I'm a bit tired of seeing the same taking the knee argument every week on here for the last two years, but appreciate that others still want to talk about it.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Disregarding Rashford and taking the knee, the world cup in Qatar is a freak show. The workforce issues and the lunatic construction of venues to be largely dismantled after and the Taliban leadership being given sanctuary there for the last twenty years the top two of many

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 pm

I'm sure this has been put on previous threads on this but Qatar has a lower population than Wales and covers half the area. Its like Wales hosting the World Cup but Wrexham and anywhere north of Brecon not being involved!

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Qatar shouldn't have been awarded the WC in the first place, along with Russia. FIFA is corrupt to the core and still is - it still answers only to itself and for some strange reason, seems above the law.

Sepp Blatter accepted £18m in bung money and has been 'banned' from football for 6 years by, you guessed it, FIFA. In what other business can you embezzle £18m and not do major jail time? Blatter just got a fine from FIFA of £780k, so a nice pension pot of £17m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... estigation

Michel Platini was also banned by FIFA until 2023 for doing much the same as Blatter. No jail time and has pocketed £Ms.

You'd think that based on Blatter's and Platini's bent track record that both Qatar and the Russian WC award would have been ripped up as it was proved big bungs were taken.

Nukes post is right, as for years now it has been public knowledge that workers in Qatar have been treated like slaves and are still dying in droves. It did receive some press coverage but the media have gone quiet on it for quite some time.

You'd think the football world would be disgusted about this and take action as its still going on right now. Where's the outrage about this and I include the players, managers, CEO's and governing organisations in that?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:26 pm

Apologise for state of OP. Done on my phone had a problem so copied it as I had to press the back button and when I pasted it all went to shit and it repeated itself.
It is my own words but the message did come across in a way lol

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Apologise for state of OP. Done on my phone had a problem so copied it as I had to press the back button and when I pasted it all went to shit and it repeated itself.

All sorted, Nukes; and I think you make some valid points, including the (apparently) touchy subject of player silence...

Not just those you mentioned but many others as well (of all colours and creeds) who seem to be very selective in their choices of 'crusades'

Qatar is/was the wrong choice, FIFA knew it but still went ahead regardless of the human cost and the disruption to the 'normal' domestic schedules obliterated to accommodate it...! :(

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:51 am

Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Apologise for state of OP. Done on my phone had a problem so copied it as I had to press the back button and when I pasted it all went to shit and it repeated itself.

All sorted, Nukes; and I think you make some valid points, including the (apparently) touchy subject of player silence...

Not just those you mentioned but many others as well (of all colours and creeds) who seem to be very selective in their choices of 'crusades'

Qatar is/was the wrong choice, FIFA knew it but still went ahead regardless of the human cost and the disruption to the 'normal' domestic schedules obliterated to accommodate it...! :(

Chris I think that all players should refuse to go to quatar though this will never happen. As you say it is not just the two names mentioned, but all the players who seem to have been struck dumb. It is absolutely disgusting regarding all the people that have died in the construction of the stadiums, and all down to money that the corrupt organisations Fifa/Eufa get from Quatar (allegedly) Enough has been said about taking the knee which I have no problem with since it is now being called as a stand againgst racism, and not support for the marxist group Blm :thumbup:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 am

Corporations are petrified of social media backlash and want to be ahead of the curve on all "social" issues. Taking the knee,/anti-racism is a free hit of public virtue-signalling as there are no real enemies, for christ sake who doesn't want equality?

Some individuals see that inequality on a daily basis whilst others hardly see it at all. If a bright sensible young man like Marcus Rashford speaks from experience who is to doubt him ? Then the corporation's media teams go into full spin mode to publically back the positive narrative.

Now, if Marcus who so inclined to talk about the Uighur Muslims or Qatar's human rights issues the premier league, Manchester United, The FA, Marcus's management team and the major corporations start shitting bricks as there is a lot of people, MONEY and a lot of control in China and Qatar sponsors a lot of big football clubs whilst owning the biggest in France and they are throwing money around like confetti and nobody want that merry go round to stop.

I remember a lot of noise about Murdoch and editorial bias. Now Sky is owned by Comcast (NBC) which is on the liberal side of the mad US system, throw in the natural cultural bias of the BBC (young urban overly qualified in humanities studies) Channel 4 then you are left with the underfunded ITV network to provide some objectivity and they barely care about news as it gets in the way of the cash earner like soaps. So they (Sky,BBC,C4) go into major overdrive as they think this is the social change of their generation and its doesn't stop,they are passionate about it, because why wouldn't you be?
But the media, the corporations PR teams are a small microcosm of society and in the real world, with real problems, it's not really high on peoples agenda.

What struck me at our home games as we had boo's whilst the players "took the knee", maybe a couple of hundred that were drowned out by the claps by a couple of thousand whilst the vast majority did nothing.

The real political athletes are not being promoted that much, strange that.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:41 am

I mean the players have said they aren’t doing it for BLM but for racism.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:42 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I think the main point is far, far more important. And all the virtue signalers/BLM bandwagon on this bored should agree.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:46 am

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I think the main point is far, far more important. And all the virtue signalers/BLM bandwagon on this bored should agree.

They are separate issues however.

Let’s be honest when there’s money involved morals disappear.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:40 pm

Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

My comment is purely about stickies, NOT the content of the post.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:51 pm

While working in the ME I saw some of the worst working conditions I have ever witnessed.

The Construction industry out there is built by the 3rd class citizens who are expats from countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Philippines. They really are treated bad and it does not surprise me what is going on out there in Qatar. It has been going on for decades this and the Governments of these 3rd world countries don't give a damn. These ex pats from these countries send most of their money back home, that is their cultures. Their countries receive a lot of income from them so you can imagine their own Government would be reluctant to complain to Qatar about their conditions. Qatar would simple go somewhere else for their workforce.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:While working in the ME I saw some of the worst working conditions I have ever witnessed.

The Construction industry out there is built by the 3rd class citizens who are expats from countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Philippines. They really are treated bad and it does not surprise me what is going on out there in Qatar. It has been going on for decades this and the Governments of these 3rd world countries don't give a damn. These ex pats from these countries send most of their money back home, that is their cultures. Their countries receive a lot of income from them so you can imagine their own Government would be reluctant to complain to Qatar about their conditions. Qatar would simple go somewhere else for their workforce.

I take it anyone commenting on this post disgusted by what’s going on with Qatar stand by their principles and only buy fair trade goods?

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:10 am

Sven wrote:

Cheers Chris when I read it back it was like what the Fook is that ?
My point is this is a real situation and serious. And I agree with what you have put above. But in General even by fans watching this World Cup they are complicit in justifying the basic murder and slavery of these migrant workers. So I’m asking where do they sit with their own conscience?

I also wonder if any player will wear the LGBT armband at these finals as well as they did in the Euro finals ? As far as the knee I do honestly believe racism has raised its ugly head due to the consequences of the knee.
So my main question is who are the players referring to as racists ? You, me, them, governments, the police ?
I really feel they have no idea why they are doing it and to whom are they referring to.
Now when this started, and it was driven with support for the group BLM that can’t be debated because we was told. Only now with the return of fans has it now changed to racism.
If the players are going to preach to us then they should stand against all injustice within the game. But I suppose it’s all agendas.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

As far as the knee I do honestly believe racism has raised its ugly head due to the consequences of the knee.
So my main question is who are the players referring to as racists ?

If I was a betting man... I would say they’re referring to the racists that are being racist

Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 am

Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

As far as the knee I do honestly believe racism has raised its ugly head due to the consequences of the knee.

If I was a betting man... I would say they’re referring to the racists that are being racist

there does seem to have been a bit of an explosion of online/ text abuse mostly after a defeat....is this really what all this kneeing is meant to draw out address / eradicate ?

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:58 am

skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

there does seem to have been a bit of an explosion of online/ text abuse mostly after a defeat....is this really what all this kneeing is meant to draw out address / eradicate ?

Dickheads are always there. A defeat gives them an ‘excuse’ I suppose.

Thankfully they are being caught and exposed now.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Dickheads are always there. A defeat gives them an ‘excuse’ I suppose.

Thankfully they are being caught and exposed now.

so it is what its all about ?
jesus

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:50 am

skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Losing a football match or watching some players kneel for 5 seconds doesn’t turn someone into a racist. If they’re spouting racist abuse after either of those it’s because they’re already a racist.

Cardiff City fans aren’t strangers to losing, yet off the top of my head I can’t recall any racist chants or comments from our fans.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Canton Kev wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Losing a football match or watching some players kneel for 5 seconds doesn’t turn someone into a racist. If they’re spouting racist abuse after either of those it’s because they’re already a racist.

Cardiff City fans aren’t strangers to losing, yet off the top of my head I can’t recall any racist chants or comments from our fans.

its turned into chants now....lets try where and when in this country did this racist chanting after a defeat happen.........but anyway, yes people can say some pretty nasty hurtful things they do not mean and out of charactor if worked up / angry or maybe drunk.... not just racist things either...

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Yeah.. I’ve often thought we need more racist chanting after a defeat.. first thing that pops into my noodle tbh. Oh, the City have lost again, must be those black players up to their mischief.. but I’ll just check if Canton Kevs in earshot.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

its turned into chants now....lets try where and when in this country did this racist chanting after a defeat happen.........but anyway, yes people can say some pretty nasty hurtful things they do not mean and out of charactor if worked up / angry or maybe drunk.... not just racist things either...

Your the one who said abuse kicked up a notch after a defeat as if that’s an excuse to be racist? I ain’t on Twitter so can’t comment on that but I’ve never heard it down the City. I think most will agree Cardiff the city is a very multicultural, accepting place and Cardiff City has never had an issue with racism.
If someone’s drunk/angry/worked up and wants to say something nasty and hurtful and they jump to a racist slur, they’re a racist.