Wales last 9 games under Rob Page

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:31 am

-2 wins
-3 losses
-4 draws
-6 goals scored
-11 goals conceded
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wales last 9 games under Rob Page

Postby Pat Turd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 am

Spent the journey home Weds talking about this with my son. I’ve never been someone who likes to call for the manager’s head at the first sign of trouble and prefer to look at the 11 on the pitch first but I think we need to move him on/ aside. Undoubtedly good man manager, useful number 2 but as Denmark game and Estonia game, even Belarus, tactically not up to it.
New manager in now gives him 4 games before the inevitable play off game we’re already nailed on to play to qualify.
My opinion, I hope he proves me wrong but the other question is who ???
Pat Turd

Postby theclaw » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Unfortunately he’s another Trollope,good at No2 but not the No1.
theclaw

Postby montyblue » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:15 pm

PAT TURD

Bellamy.
montyblue

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:36 pm

To be fair, Rob Page has been dropped in the deep end thanks to the alledged indiscretions of Ryan Giggs, so he should be given leeway for that

Whilst those results show that Wales don't appear to have 'cracked the code', it also has to be remembered that some important players have been missing of late, including Rambo and our own Keiffer Moore

Personally, I don't think Rob Page (I recall some wanting him here not so long ago) is the answer but will remain until the Giggs situation is resolved in Law but I am of the opinion that his (Giggs) position is now untenable regardless

The obvious choice to replace him is Craig Bellamy, who had an excellent interview last time out, despite the FAW having already decided the outcome beforehand
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pat Turd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Sven I think you make a great point about the giggs position, he has as we know been accused but legally the FAW have no grounds to dismiss him as the case is still ongoing, giggs having stepped aside presumably to spare the FAWs blushes / right thing to do. So the FAWs hands remain tied unless they want to pay him out of his contract or be seen to be hanging him out to dry with the possibility that he is still found innocent, which leaves them in an awkward position. as Page came in as caretaker then i suppose he remains so and we have to accept the limitations, but for Wales and our fans it’s not ideal and a verdict cannot come soon enough !
Pat Turd

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm

Pat Turd wrote:Sven I think you make a great point about the giggs position, he has as we know been accused but legally the FAW have no grounds to dismiss him as the case is still ongoing, giggs having stepped aside presumably to spare the FAWs blushes / right thing to do. So the FAWs hands remain tied unless they want to pay him out of his contract or be seen to be hanging him out to dry with the possibility that he is still found innocent, which leaves them in an awkward position. as Page came in as caretaker then i suppose he remains so and we have to accept the limitations, but for Wales and our fans it’s not ideal and a verdict cannot come soon enough !

Jan 2022 is trial date :o
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat