Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " MICK'S SUBSTITUTES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE "

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:26 pm

MY VIEW " MICK'S SUBSTITUTIONS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE "

CARDIFF CITY WERE POOR IN THE FIRST HALF BUT CARDIFF CITY DOMINATED AFTER BRINGING ON KIEFFER MOORE & RUBIN COLWILL AND GOT THE THREE POINTS :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City are now just three points off top of the league and one point off the top six :shock:

FULL TIME: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1-2 CARDIFF CITY

Mick McCarthy made several changes with Mark Harris, Sam Bowen and James Collins all starting.

Phillips, Ng, Flint, Morrison, Nelson, Bagan, Vaulks, Pack, Bowen, Harris, Collins

Cardiff hit the post in the first five minutes with Joel Bagan's header.

Forest took the lead through Lewis Grabban in the 23rd minute :sad:

HT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1-0 CARDIFF CITY

Mick brought on Kieffer Moore and Rubin Colwill for James Collins and Sam Bowen in the 57th minute and it paid paid off one minute later...

Rubin Colwill made it 1-1 in the 58th minute, with Moore getting the assist.. It was Colwill's first ever senior goal :bluebird: :thumbright:

Cardiff dominated after the equaliser, straight away with Moore hitting the post and Flint having a header saved

Colwill got his second of the game with a great goal from distance in the 73rd minute to put the Bluebirds ahead :bluebird:

Phillips made several big saves in the ten minutes after Colwill's second goal

Kieron Evans replaced Mark Harris in the 87th minute

FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1-2 CARDIFF CITY

My MOTM has to be Rubin Colwill closely followed by Dillon Phillips :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW " MICK'S SUBSTITUTES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE "

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Made difference because did it early around 60mins not usual 80mins but think generally our bench is strong as always seem to have game changers on bench

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:33 pm

MCarthy spared his blushes by his subs.
He shouldn’t have thrown Bowen into the fray.
Moore should have been on at half time.
City much better with that colwill Moore and Harris.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Letsbe honest he had to change it shocking 1st half but the subs they where the 2 players everybody wanted on collins quite bowen out of depth cracking turn around well done

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Why not throw bowen in???? Thought he did ok. Why not just enjoy the win and the fact we have so many young players getting a chance and league position shows we are doing well too...

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Looking at it differently. It’s a squad game so it’s good we can still be in the game even if things aren’t going to plan. But there are game changers on the bench.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:42 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Looking at it differently. It’s a squad game so it’s good we can still be in the game even if things aren’t going to plan. But there are game changers on the bench.

Yes if city played moore and colwill from start it doesn't mean we would have scored 1st half... but does show we have players that can make difference when come on

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:48 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Why not throw bowen in???? Thought he did ok. Why not just enjoy the win and the fact we have so many young players getting a chance and league position shows we are doing well too...

Exactly. If we didn’t the same posters would be moaning that we haven’t given him a chance ffs.

Personally, I don’t think he’s ready at the moment.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:40 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Why not throw bowen in???? Thought he did ok. Why not just enjoy the win and the fact we have so many young players getting a chance and league position shows we are doing well too...

Exactly. If we didn’t the same posters would be moaning that we haven’t given him a chance ffs.

Personally, I don’t think he’s ready at the moment.

The game passed him by but he didn’t do anything wrong;like all these youngsters, Bagan in particular, if they don’t play then they can’t improve.