Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:59 pm

pembroke allan

Lucky Hamilton

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lucky Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Hamilton extremely lucky in Italian grand prix.. verstappen car ran over Hamilton's car and his back wheel landed on top of cockpit if not for the halo Hamilton surely would have been killed... but both walked away unharmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58537637[/quote]
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Don't think people will have much sympathy for Hamilton, and rightly so.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Don't think people will have much sympathy for Hamilton, and rightly so.

Maybe so but he was extremely lucky cars are so safe I trust you seen the incident? Verstappens car actually landed on Hamiltons head if halo wasn't there as everyone as said no more Hamilton !
Lewis Hamilton has said Formula 1's 'halo' safety device saved his life in his crash at the Italian Grand Prix.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:25 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Don't think people will have much sympathy for Hamilton, and rightly so.

Ned, I'm a fan of Hamilton the driver but not Hamilton the man and I'm looking forward to George Russell giving him a shock next season (with my backing as an F1 fan)

The incident today was a 'racing incident' in which both drivers paid the price for not giving way; but Hamilton was very lucky the 'Halo' was introduced a couple of years ago

Great win for Daniel Ricciardo; a top guy who I've actually met and is one funny guy

Interesting races ahead and it will be close; too close to call right now!
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:33 pm

Sven wrote:

Ned, I'm a fan of Hamilton the driver but not Hamilton the man and I'm looking forward to George Russell giving him a shock next season (with my backing as an F1 fan)

The incident today was a 'racing incident' in which both drivers paid the price for not giving way; but Hamilton was very lucky the 'Halo' was introduced a couple of years ago

Great win for Daniel Ricciardo; a top guy who I've actually met and is one funny guy

Verstappen held responsible 3 place penalty for next race.
pembroke allan

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:34 pm

Was lucky today, thankfully safe .

Still dislike fella though.
New Day Rising

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Verstappen held responsible 3 place penalty for next race.

I am a little surprised but looking at a post-race breakdown, the experts said Hamilton was ahead and Max was in the better position to avoid a collision, so the blame fell on him

Going to be interesting going into the next set of races
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:47 am

Why? Because he has won so much? Because he doesn't have the same opinions as you? Because you support another driver? Because of Silverstone (which was Verstappens fault also)?

None of the above deserves having an awful accident where you are lucky not be seriously injured or killed happen to you.
mjw6150

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:50 am

Sven wrote:

I think Russell will be no different to Bottas, will give Lewis a tough time in qualifying but beaten more often than not in the race. Only thing is that over the next two years Lewis will decline and Russell will improve so by end of 2023 we may see Russell beating him more often.
mjw6150

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:52 am

Sven wrote:

Anything that happens in a race is a racing incident, the question is what on earth was Max trying to do? It was a futile move which was only ever going to end in a crash and he should have acted as Lewis did on turn 4 of lap 1 and backed off but Max never backs off and that is why this has happened here as well as Silverstone. Lewis has regularly backed off such as in Imola & Spain and it is about time he started showing Max the same aggression, especially as he is fighting with a slower car this season.
mjw6150

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:45 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Anything that happens in a race is a racing incident, the question is what on earth was Max trying to do? It was a futile move which was only ever going to end in a crash and he should have acted as Lewis did on turn 4 of lap 1 and backed off but Max never backs off and that is why this has happened here as well as Silverstone. Lewis has regularly backed off such as in Imola & Spain and it is about time he started showing Max the same aggression, especially as he is fighting with a slower car this season.

Hamilton as said after the last incident he wouldn't be giving way in similar situation...... yesterday obviously he was not going to exceed to verstappen especially as he was ahead at time ... let's hope this feud and it is a feud doesnt end up in disaster for any driver and not only these two..
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Hamilton as said after the last incident he wouldn't be giving way in similar situation...... yesterday obviously he was not going to exceed to verstappen especially as he was ahead at time ... let's hope this feud and it is a feud doesnt end up in disaster for any driver and not only these two..

I'm a Hamilton fan and yesterday the stewards got it absolutely right and thank god for the halo. The interesting thing for me is the stewards said their decision was based on the incident and not the consequences which suggests to me there may be more to come. Unlike silverstone where the ginger whinger Horner was on the radio calling Hamilton everything under the sun yesterday "Radio Silence" which tells you everything you need to know. Crashstappen is looking a liability, a great driver, but what de did yesterday was wrong he was not in front of Hamilton and went for a non existing gap which caused the crash when he should have backed off a try again.

Hamilton was inches away from being killed yesterday and with F1 being ALL about image any driver being killed is not a good look for Liberty Media Group.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I'm a Hamilton fan and yesterday the stewards got it absolutely right and thank god for the halo. The interesting thing for me is the stewards said their decision was based on the incident and not the consequences which suggests to me there may be more to come. Unlike silverstone where the ginger whinger Horner was on the radio calling Hamilton everything under the sun yesterday "Radio Silence" which tells you everything you need to know. Crashstappen is looking a liability, a great driver, but what de did yesterday was wrong he was not in front of Hamilton and went for a non existing gap which caused the crash when he should have backed off a try again.

Hamilton was inches away from being killed yesterday and with F1 being ALL about image any driver being killed is not a good look for Liberty Media Group.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Verstappen as a reputation as a risk taker from time he started formula one and caused lots of incidents ... he said yesterday that Hamilton just kept going and going in other words trying to blame him for his stupidity.... seems like verstappen attitude is win at all costs a dangerous attitude in F1.
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 am

lewis.JPG
lewis.JPG (43.25 KiB) Viewed 2253 times

New hairstyle for Lewis
castleblue

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 am

castleblue wrote:
lewis.JPG

New hairstyle for Lewis

Gary... :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

To be fair, I've looked at it again via Ted's Notebook and I can see where the Stewards have come from

Max appeared to challenge 'at all costs and the only loser coukd be Lewis and the potential points he might have made up

The consequences of what occurred don't bare thinking about but thankfully Lewis will be grateful for the 'Halo' and for the fact he was key to it being introduced

You are also bang on the money where you note Chritian Horner's moderated tone when interviewed later on and the biggest issue he raised was Toto Wolff saying the accident was 'strategic'

Whether it was or not, and we always refer to Schumachergate, a serious and potentially deadly incident was averted thanks to technology rather than the smart actions of a driver
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:24 am

Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:
lewis.JPG

New hairstyle for Lewis

To be fair, I've looked at it again via Ted's Notebook and I can see where the Stewards have come from

Max appeared to challenge 'at all costs and the only loser coukd be Lewis and the potential points he might have made up

The consequences of what occurred don't bare thinking about but thankfully Lewis will be grateful for the 'Halo' and for the fact he was key to it being introduced

You are also bang on the money where you note Chritian Horner's moderated tone when interviewed later on and the biggest issue he raised was Toto Wolff saying the accident was 'strategic'

Whether it was or not, and we always refer to Schumachergate, a serious and potentially deadly incident was averted thanks to technology rather than the smart actions of a driver

Chris get impression that max knew if he didn't get past Hamilton there would be a coming to together but with only slight damage possible puncture as a consequence so preserving his championship lead....... dont think for one minute he thought he could have killed Hamilton but as we know driver killed because of a bolt flying lose hence halo brought in to protect head... so verstappen a lucky man didn't have a death on his conscience.... F.I.A investigation into the reasons for crash and think the two drivers as well as the teams will be told to it's not acceptable to risk lives with their behaviour on track.
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:
lewis.JPG

New hairstyle for Lewis

Your right Chris it was an "At all costs" challenge because at that stage Lewis was on the medium tyre having already taken the pain of the hard tyre in the first stint. For 10 laps Lewis would have had a big advantage on both McClaren drivers and crashstappen and Mad Max knew this he simply could not let Lewis get loose.

As Toto Wolf said in football terms Mad Max made a tactical decision totally cynical to go for a non existing gap. But that's F1 this season again has Ross Brawn said this season there are 2 cockerels in the farmyard fighting for supremacy it's going to be interesting which one wins. Next year though another young cockerel will enter the farmyard, George Russell, and that will certainly stir things up a treat.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:14 pm

castleblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:
lewis.JPG

New hairstyle for Lewis

Your right Chris it was an "At all costs" challenge because at that stage Lewis was on the medium tyre having already taken the pain of the hard tyre in the first stint. For 10 laps Lewis would have had a big advantage on both McClaren drivers and crashstappen and Mad Max knew this he simply could not let Lewis get loose.

As Toto Wolf said in football terms Mad Max made a tactical decision totally cynical to go for a non existing gap. But that's F1 this season again has Ross Brawn said this season there are 2 cockerels in the farmyard fighting for supremacy it's going to be interesting which one wins. Next year though another young cockerel will enter the farmyard, George Russell, and that will certainly stir things up a treat.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thanks, Gary; Crashstappen...! :lol:

Great post again and I think young George, the air apparent, will definitely stir up the pot, as he showed in Lewis' car earlier this season and the cynic on me isn't convinced he wasn't 'allowed' to win that race at that time...

Will be great that two British drivers will be at or near the top with lando Norris starting to develop nicely, too :D
Sven

Postby Scoularite » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 pm

The most surprising thing for me was when Max Verstappen got out of his car and just walked away even though it had landed on top of Hamilton's car.
Scoularite

Return to General Chat