'I understand it's about getting results' - Hughton

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:09 pm

FT: Nottingham Forest 1-2 Cardiff City

Nottingham Forest manager Chris Hughton told Sky Sports: "It's a difficult one to take, I didn't think we were brilliant in the first half.

"But I thought we deserved to lead at half-time, it was a really good goal, but you've got to do that for 90 minutes.

"Cardiff are a very direct and physical side, as big a side as I've seen in this division.

"We found it difficult to deal with that physicality, we had to deal with it better, then only way to overcome that is to be better on the ball.

"We lost that game in that period of time where they had the upper hand.

"When they ramp the game up we had to do the same, it's not easy, but you've got to try and stop that source into the box.

"We weren't able to do that, our games have been about margins and generally they've gone against us and today was the same.

"I understand it's about getting results, considering the result I thought the supporters were excellent, they could see it was difficult for us and now it's about Wednesday night."
Attachments
74D02264-C205-460A-9E9E-34D470AA1B3F.jpeg
74D02264-C205-460A-9E9E-34D470AA1B3F.jpeg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 2605 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 'I understand it's about getting results' - Hughton

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:56 pm

He needs to go.

I'm surprised he's not done well there, because I rate him and actually wanted him to be our manager in the past.

But it's clearly not working and for their sake, keeping him there will just delay the inevitable.

They have good players and shouldn't be where they are.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Listening to one of the local stations while walking pass one of the pubs the pundits where saying it will make no difference if they bring in a new manager now because of the players they have. I thought if was a strange thing to say as look how MM managed to change it around for us. Then again knowing this Forest squad some of their more senior players have lost the edge over the last 2 seasons such as players like Lolley. I think most managers will struggle with this squad.
Bakedalasker

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Listening to one of the local stations while walking pass one of the pubs the pundits where saying it will make no difference if they bring in a new manager now because of the players they have. I thought if was a strange thing to say as look how MM managed to change it around for us. Then again knowing this Forest squad some of their more senior players have lost the edge over the last 2 seasons such as players like Lolley. I think most managers will struggle with this squad.

Forest have struggled with a variety of managers ever since Billy Davies left (the first time). Something is rotten at that club as it was at Sunderland.
mjw6150

Postby Ian Gibson fanclub » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:05 am

It makes me smile when I think of those on this forum who wanted Hughton to come to us
Go on admit it if you were one of the many
Ian Gibson fanclub

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:It makes me smile when I think of those on this forum who wanted Hughton to come to us
Go on admit it if you were one of the many

I'll happily admit I was one of them.

Did a good job at Brighton and Newcastle.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat