“ It’s from now on, in my opinion “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 am

“ FOR ME THIS WILL SHOW HOW FAR WE HAVE COME & HOW WE ARE REALLY DOING? “

The next 7 games will take us to 13 games and for me these games are tougher than what we have had so far?

Most of us judge our squad / manager / team after 12 games.

I never expected promotion last season and I don’t this season, the last 2 seasons and this season we seem to be consolidating once again, only worry is season ticket sales will get less every season.

OPINIONS??

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City A

Sat Sep 18 A.F.C. Bournemouth H

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

Sat Oct 2 Reading H

Swansea City (A) – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October
Attachments
17348560-1960-47E0-9545-B4C7C64CFCF4.jpeg
17348560-1960-47E0-9545-B4C7C64CFCF4.jpeg (177.77 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
3848AD41-43FC-40B0-898B-BAC28AC4399A.jpeg
3848AD41-43FC-40B0-898B-BAC28AC4399A.jpeg (161 KiB) Viewed 6595 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ It’s from now on in my opinion “

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am

As ever its best to wait a dozen or so games before making a decision.Bristol City was disappointing but what was more so was some of the comments on here.It was a game we should have won in my opinion and I think its a slow upward curve for us.I am now optomistic about Coventry but overall I'm getting the feeling we are becoming a side that no one wants to play,onwards and upwards.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:00 pm

lets wait until the end of the season. Let's not expect promotion this campaign.

Colwill is going to be a marked man from now on. Let's see how he copes with it. Harris for me still needs to prove himself but I'm confident he will. For most off he others overall its looking good for them but they will all need a season to see how they cope with the strains of the Championship.

By Christmas we should be safe from relegation. After that lets just enjoy the rest of the season in the hope these youngsters will step up.
Bakedalasker

Postby darran1927 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:58 pm

If I’m being honest I don’t mind if we don’t get promoted this season, we’ve got youngsters coming through now I think this season blood them in and maybe next season have a go. I think we would come straight back down again if promoted this season
darran1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:02 pm

These next few games will be a big test.

Wednesday won't be easy, because Coventry are a good side.

Then we have some very good teams coming up.

I would say that if we are in and around the top six after those games, then we should be very happy.

If not, then it will show us that there is a lot of work to be done.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:“ FOR ME THIS WILL SHOW HOW FAR WE HAVE COME & HOW WE ARE REALLY DOING? “

The next 7 games will take us to 13 games and for me these games are tougher than what we have had so far?

I never expected promotion last season and I don’t this season, the last 2 seasons and this season we seem to be consolidating once again, only worry is season ticket sales will get less every season.

OPINIONS??

Sat Sep 18 A.F.C. Bournemouth H

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

Sat Oct 2 Reading H

Swansea City (A) – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October

Absolutely agree with that. 13 games will at least tell us if we're heading in the right direction or if the season is just going to be a slog.

Coventry will be a really tough one coming off the back of a hard game at Forest and Coventry will be pretty buoyant based based on their start.

All most of us want is some optimistic signs, particularly from the youngsters so that we can see where we are heading in the longer term.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:lets wait until the end of the season. Let's not expect promotion this campaign.

Colwill is going to be a marked man from now on. Let's see how he copes with it. Harris for me still needs to prove himself but I'm confident he will. For most off he others overall its looking good for them but they will all need a season to see how they cope with the strains of the Championship.

By Christmas we should be safe from relegation. After that lets just enjoy the rest of the season in the hope these youngsters will step up.

Ian,

Why can’t we comment now?

Are we not allowed our views after 1. 2 or 6 or 13 games?

Surely this is the beauty and freedom of a forum?

Where do I say about promotion? I actually say I can see us once again for the 3rd season going for a consolidation season.

Personally and my opinion 13 games can tell you a lot.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: “ It’s from now on, in my opinion “

Postby Crayfish » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:06 pm

We have been lucky so far in that we have had just about as easy a start to the season as is possible. Every team we have played so far has been below us in the table including the team that is bottom and second from bottom. That said I don't think this is a very strong league this season and anyone on the fringes of the playoffs could realistically expect to get into the playoffs if they put a good run together including us. The bookies now have us to finish fourth on the betting odds.

After six games the top of the table will look pretty much like it will be at the end of season. Fulham and WBA will be the top two and my guess is at least another two of the top six now will still be in the top six at the end of the season. Bournemoth will probably be one of them would not like to say who out of Stoke QPR and Coventry will be there. Still tricky to say if we are better or worse than those three.

My guess is we have enough strength in depth with the youngsters coming through to just make the playoffs.
Crayfish

Postby Crayfish » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:06 pm

We have been lucky so far in that we have had just about as easy a start to the season as is possible. Every team we have played so far has been below us in the table including the team that is bottom and second from bottom. That said I don't think this is a very strong league this season and anyone on the fringes of the playoffs could realistically expect to get into the playoffs if they put a good run together including us. The bookies now have us to finish fourth on the betting odds.

After six games the top of the table will look pretty much like it will be at the end of season. Fulham and WBA will be the top two and my guess is at least another two of the top six now will still be in the top six at the end of the season. Bournemoth will probably be one of them would not like to say who out of Stoke QPR and Coventry will be there. Still tricky to say if we are better or worse than those three.

My guess is we have enough strength in depth with the youngsters coming through to just make the playoffs.
Crayfish

Postby Scoularite » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:01 pm

by Forever Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 am

“ FOR ME THIS WILL SHOW HOW FAR WE HAVE COME & HOW WE ARE REALLY DOING? “

Totally agree. For me the big changes are the age of our squad and seeing some of our youngsters coming through. I think we shall have a much better idea of how good we are with some really tough games and a developing squad.
Scoularite

Postby Blueman39 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:11 pm

We can only play the games we are given which is lucky for us as we have not played the best football but are still only 3 points off top.
Next bunch of games will reflect where we truly are but don’t forget , our best player and top scorer from last season has yet to start so when he’s fit , we could be a different proposition.
Unfortunately, the football I’m seeing is old style MM but he can only play to our players strengths....
If it’s true that he’s been told to trim the squad , get rid of high earners etc etc then he’s done a good job so far this season in terms of results
Blueman39

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 pm

We'll be happy with top 8 at xmas - I think Tan and Co want top 6. No pressure on the players especially the younger ones - just enjoy and lets see how far we can go.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby theclaw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:52 pm

I would take 2 seasons of mid table if we could get at least 5 youngsters playing and proving their worth.
theclaw

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:23 pm

The target for Neil Harris was top 6...is it the same for Mick?

If not, why not?

If it is, then we roll onto the battlefield victorious.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards!!
Big Hill Blue

Postby Pencoed » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 am

I think we'll have a rough idea of were we're heading but will make more of a judgement after 23 games. I like to think the youngsters will only improve as the season goes on.
I think making the playoffs would be a successful season but a comfortable midtable finish definitely won't be a failure.
Pencoed

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY FIXTURES IN FULL 2021-22 “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 7 Cardiff City 1 Barnsley 1 Crowd 17,431 Away Support (918)

Tuesday 10th August Cardiff City 3 Sutton United 2 :thumbright: :bluebird: League Cup Rd 1

Sat Aug 14 Blackpool 0 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd 11,393 Away Support 1,989 :bluebird:

Tue Aug 17 Peterborough United 2 Cardiff City 2 :bluebird: Crowds 8,534 Away Support 680 :bluebird:

Sat Aug 21 Cardiff 3 Millwall 1 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: Crowd 18,160 Away Support 770

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,633) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Attachments
D5A44D5C-A429-497C-8ECD-EB2B59E68835.jpeg
D5A44D5C-A429-497C-8ECD-EB2B59E68835.jpeg (164.39 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat