Who is worse - Bacuna Vaulks Brown or Collins?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Danny Says » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Don’t think you can spilt them - they are all terrible and non-league standard.
Cannot believe we have a manager who played all 4 today either from the start which was bad enough but then from the bench.
Our manager is as bad as them :banghead: :banghead:
Danny Says

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Who is worse - Bacuna Vaulks Brown or Collins?

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Danny Says wrote:Don’t think you can spilt them - they are all terrible and non-league standard.
Cannot believe we have a manager who played all 4 today either from the start which was bad enough but then from the bench.

Personally I thought Brown was ok
bluebirdoct1962

Postby theclaw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Collins for me
theclaw

Postby RV Casual » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Calm down mate

We are having a tough time but they are not non league standard.

A change in manager and each player you have mentioned could be your hero in a few weeks.

Don't let your frustrations make you talk shit cos you can guarantee it will come back and bite you on the arse
RV Casual

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:07 pm

All need go.
boyo1927

Postby mugsy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:33 pm

All poor - but Bacuna is the worst of the lot.
mugsy

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:45 pm

Bacuna collins voalks not sure whats happening with him
Then brown being played out of position needs to play centre back along side mcguiness with ng and bagan
As a back 4 they are the future
troobloo3339

Postby Danny Says » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:Calm down mate

We are having a tough time but they are not non league standard.

A change in manager and each player you have mentioned could be your hero in a few weeks.

Don't let your frustrations make you talk shit cos you can guarantee it will come back and bite you on the arse

RV

They are all useless.
The only mitigation for Brown is he’s playing out of position - at best he’s a League 1 left sided CB.
Danny Says

Postby Bonner » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:40 pm

personally think Brown , Collins ok

moore needs to vary his forward play a bit more.. far too predictable
Bonner

Postby ThomasC » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 pm

mugsy wrote:All poor - but Bacuna is the worst of the lot.

He's got my vote today. Like playing with 10
ThomasC

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:36 am

I feel sorry for Brown having to play out of position, so it’s hard to be critical of him. I’m not sure what’s happening with Vaulks at the moment, but at least he try’s to show some passion for the club. The winner has to be Bacuna, his whole attitude and desire just stinks.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:44 am

Think this post is a bit harsh especially on Brown, I think he has been alright this week which sounds odd when we have conceded 5. Our problems lie further forward and my answer would be Bacuna based on form but he is constantly played out of position and MM is making it worse selecting him every game despite his confidence being shot. Vaulks and Collins are offering nothing but I wouldn't say it's lack of effort there just seems to be a cloud over the squad that needs lifting but posts like this and booing Bacuna in the stadium yesterday like some did doesn't help. None of them are going out there to play badly.
CantonStandBob

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:52 am

CantonStandBob wrote:Think this post is a bit harsh especially on Brown, I think he has been alright this week which sounds odd when we have conceded 5. Our problems lie further forward and my answer would be Bacuna based on form but he is constantly played out of position and MM is making it worse selecting him every game despite his confidence being shot. Vaulks and Collins are offering nothing but I wouldn't say it's lack of effort there just seems to be a cloud over the squad that needs lifting but posts like this and booing Bacuna in the stadium yesterday like some did doesn't help. None of them are going out there to play badly.

I agree. I never have and never will boo a city player. Criticise but not boo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:04 am

Collins is a proven goalscorer but gets no service in this team

Vaux is an international player just completely out of form

Bacuna is average at best

Brown is decent but being played out of position
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:50 pm

either of them hit the winner against the Jacks..... :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Lengee » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Pack
:shock:
:bluebird:
Lengee

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Bacuna, however he’s being played out of position. Collins I think just needs a goal I think he works hard every game
darran1927

Postby valleymodeller » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:48 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Collins is a proven goalscorer but gets no service in this team

Vaux is an international player just completely out of form

Bacuna is average at best

Brown is decent but being played out of position

Pretty much what is said above. Bacuna is consistently poor, at best average. Brown is inexperienced and deserves a chance, and he's really centre back. Vaulks was very good mostly last season, and the tail end of the one before. Collins has a good track record but has done nothing as yet for City.
valleymodeller

Postby Ian Gibson fanclub » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Never mind Collins, Vaulks and Brown, Bacuna is right up there amongst our worse players ever
Ian Gibson fanclub

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Brown by a long shot for me. He is non league.
Bigmarkw

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 am

Danny Says wrote:Don’t think you can spilt them - they are all terrible and non-league standard.

None of them is 'bad' but may be out of their depth or just in the wrong formation

Bacuna is being played out of position and is being hung out to dry. A return to his natural position woukd see a big improvement. Round pegs in round holes springs to mind

Brown seemed okay overall on Saturday and put in some decent tackles/headers. He's not first choice but he's a decent squad member

Vaulks is so bad he's just had a recall to the Wales squad after seemingly being frozen out! He certainly has his moments, has a more than decent throw, although he does seem to get booked every game. Temperament or enthusiasm? Personally, I think the latter and he just seems to be another easy target for some

Collins appears to be out of his depth but his time at Luton suggests that is not the case. He also works hard, does some good work and maybe just needs a Championship goal to set him going. He was certainly prolific in pre-season

Time to get behind our players right now and show them we are there for them on the pitch rather than 'knock' them and their confidence. Now there's a novel idea...

I'm sure they do care and goals apart, Saturday was a massive improvement
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Scoularite » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:48 pm

by Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 am

Danny Says wrote:
Don’t think you can spilt them - they are all terrible and non-league standard.

None of them is 'bad' but may be out of their depth or just in the wrong formation

Bacuna is being played out of position and is being hung out to dry. A return to his natural position woukd see a big improvement. Round pegs in round holes springs to mind

Brown seemed okay overall on Saturday and put in some decent tackles/headers. He's not first choice but he's a decent squad member

Vaulks is so bad he's just had a recall to the Wales squad after seemingly being frozen out! He certainly has his moments, has a more than decent throw, although he does seem to get booked every game. Temperament or enthusiasm? Personally, I think the latter and he just seems to be another easy target for some

Collins appears to be out of his depth but his time at Luton suggests that is not the case. He also works hard, does some good work and maybe just needs a Championship goal to set him going. He was certainly prolific in pre-season

Time to get behind our players right now and show them we are there for them on the pitch rather than 'knock' them and their confidence. Now there's a novel idea...

I'm sure they do care and goals apart, Saturday was a massive improvement

Good answer.

The problem is that we do not really have a squad that can play in a "balanced" team, and we have very little creativity. This obviously makes it very difficult for Collins (and even Kieffer Moore who was a bit of a star last season).
Bacuna is regularly being played out of position so it's impossible to judge, Vaulks has been very effective when part of a "balanced" midfield, and Ciaron Brown is a decent squad player.

The problem for me is the lack of creativity in the squad.
Scoularite

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:19 am

Collins & Bacuna
I unfortunately can see a situation with Collins in which he wont score for us and the last time that happened was when we had Gary Madine. Not Collins fault but he is just slow in pace and reaction hense the reason he cant score or get into that position to score a goal.

As for Bacuna well he is just gone off the boil this season along with many others but Bacuna miss sitters earlier this season so yeah.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Scoularite » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:46 am

by Sam ReaN » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:19 am

Collins & Bacuna
I unfortunately can see a situation with Collins in which he wont score for us and the last time that happened was when we had Gary Madine. Not Collins fault but he is just slow in pace and reaction hense the reason he cant score or get into that position to score a goal.

As for Bacuna well he is just gone off the boil this season along with many others but Bacuna miss sitters earlier this season so yeah.

Bacuna is being played out of position while playing Collins up front alone with so little creativity and supporting players in the box makes him easier to mark and probably getting low on confidence. He did score 72 goals in 183 appearances for Luton which is not a bad return so he knows where the back of the net is.
Scoularite

Return to General Chat