BAMBA SAYS:"I HAD IT IN MY CARDIFF CONTRACT / NOT A WORD"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:58 pm

MY VIEW:

Media Wales today have finally put a bit out.

i said from day one our board have NO Respect for anyone and for me, NO More excuses for them, this is a Disgrace and it is not good for the name of Cardiff Cit once again by them. Its now just been on Sky Sports as well.

Sol Bamba opens up on Bluebirds exit

"I had it in my Cardiff contract / Not heard a word from Chairman / Directors / No one / I found out on Twitter i was released / Treated badly."

BBC SPORT / RADIO

Thursday 7th October 2021

Sol Bamba has spoken once again about the circumstances surrounding his Cardiff City exit and admitted that he saw himself at the club for a long time before his shock release.

The former Bluebirds centre-back said in a candid interview that he had learned of his Cardiff departure while reading Twitter out in France, something which he said broke his heart.

And on Wednesday evening, when asked about whether he saw his future in the Welsh capital, the Middlesbrough defender was unequivocal in his response.

SOL BAMBA:

"Yeah, definitely," he told BBC Radio Tees. "Our relationship was beyond football. I was talking to the owner on a regular basis about the next stage of my career, the club, the academy.

"I actually had that in my contract, that when I retired I would work for the club in some capacity, which was to be determined. But I was seeing myself there long term, for sure.

"But I can understand, after everything that had gone on, Covid, I got sick, and they wanted to go in a different direction."

"I just think it should have been done a bit better, because they didn't tell me about it. I just found out in the summer, on Twitter, that I got released."

Mark Drury, the presenter, interjected: "You're kidding me?"

Bamba replied: "No, I promise you.

"Even this morning the gaffer [Warnock] told me again, because it always pops up, 'The way they treated you was bad.'

"For everything we did for the club, I think I deserved a bit better."

It is undoubtedly a source of hurt for many supporters that a place could not be found at Cardiff to keep the Ivorian at the club.

Whether that was in a coaching capacity or an ambassadorial role, it didn't matter, it seemed like an open goal was missed by the club at that stage.

Bamba, however, has insisted that the manner in which he left the club has not soured his memory after five glorious years at Cardiff City Stadium.

"No, I wouldn't say that, because the fan and the club has always been good with me," he said when asked if how his exit was handled had blighted his time at the club.

"I just think the way the whole situation was dealt with could have been done a bit better. Come and tell me and I would have absolutely no problem. I got sick, my contract was up, it was Covid, my age, I totally get it, I've been in football long enough.

"All I needed was someone to come in and tell me they had changed their mind and they were going in a different direction. That would have been absolutely fine, I had to read it in the media."

"Until now I've not had a message from the chairman, director, no one."

Bamba has played five games for his new club, featuring for the full 90 minutes in each of the last two.
Attachments
sol-bamba.png
sol-bamba.png (432.24 KiB) Viewed 8432 times
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 8437 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BAMBA SAYS:"I HAD IT IN MY CARDIFF CONTRACT / NOT A WORD

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW:

i said from day one our board have NO Respect for anyone and for me, NO More excuses for them, this is a Disgrace and it is not good for the name of Cardiff Cit once again by them. Its now just been on Sky Sports as well.

"I had it in my Cardiff contract / Not heard a word from Chairman / Directors / No one / I found out on Twitter i was released / Treated badly."

BBC SPORT / RADIO

Sol Bamba has spoken once again about the circumstances surrounding his Cardiff City exit and admitted that he saw himself at the club for a long time before his shock release.

The former Bluebirds centre-back said in a candid interview that he had learned of his Cardiff departure while reading Twitter out in France, something which he said broke his heart.

And on Wednesday evening, when asked about whether he saw his future in the Welsh capital, the Middlesbrough defender was unequivocal in his response.

SOL BAMBA:

"Yeah, definitely," he told BBC Radio Tees. "Our relationship was beyond football. I was talking to the owner on a regular basis about the next stage of my career, the club, the academy.

"I actually had that in my contract, that when I retired I would work for the club in some capacity, which was to be determined. But I was seeing myself there long term, for sure.

"But I can understand, after everything that had gone on, Covid, I got sick, and they wanted to go in a different direction."

"I just think it should have been done a bit better, because they didn't tell me about it. I just found out in the summer, on Twitter, that I got released."

"Even this morning the gaffer [Warnock] told me again, because it always pops up, 'The way they treated you was bad.'

It is undoubtedly a source of hurt for many supporters that a place could not be found at Cardiff to keep the Ivorian at the club.

Whether that was in a coaching capacity or an ambassadorial role, it didn't matter, it seemed like an open goal was missed by the club at that stage.

Bamba, however, has insisted that the manner in which he left the club has not soured his memory after five glorious years at Cardiff City Stadium.

"No, I wouldn't say that, because the fan and the club has always been good with me," he said when asked if how his exit was handled had blighted his time at the club.

"I just think the way the whole situation was dealt with could have been done a bit better. Come and tell me and I would have absolutely no problem. I got sick, my contract was up, it was Covid, my age, I totally get it, I've been in football long enough.

"All I needed was someone to come in and tell me they had changed their mind and they were going in a different direction. That would have been absolutely fine, I had to read it in the media."

Bamba has played five games for his new club, featuring for the full 90 minutes in each of the last two.

I don't believe him ,his agent 100% would of been talking to the club,he would of know weeks before that he wasn't getting a new contract. A contract wasn't offered so when it ran out its obvious that he would be released.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

I don't believe him ,his agent 100% would of been talking to the club,he would of know weeks before that he wasn't getting a new contract. A contract wasn't offered so when it ran out its obvious that he would be released.

Unbelievable Wez. So your calling Bamba an out and out liar?

I know from many players who have left our club in the last 10 yrs they have been treated awful.

IF SOL IS LYING CITY WILL SOON HAVE THEIR LAWYERS ON TO HIM TO RETRACT HIS STATEMENT.
Attachments
FA158A0A-943F-4EEA-A0DC-8798911688C7.jpeg
FA158A0A-943F-4EEA-A0DC-8798911688C7.jpeg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
6E8ABEB2-57B0-4AD4-BC89-794A00BEC749.jpeg
6E8ABEB2-57B0-4AD4-BC89-794A00BEC749.jpeg (172.57 KiB) Viewed 8201 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

I know from many players who have left our club in the last 10 yrs they have been treated awful.

IF SOL IS LYING CITY WILL SOON HAVE THEIR LAWYERS ON TO HIM TO RETRACT HIS STATEMENT.

Yes ,a contract offer wasnt made so isn't it obviously that he would be released ????? ,all this horse shit about being kept on it was in his contract, bamba himself said in the press that he wanted to play on before his contract rven run out .
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:34 pm

His agent would of know that there wasn't a playing contract offer on the table ,you really think that his agent and bamba didn't talk about it or where he would play this season ? Sorry but it doesn't stack up ,bamba said in the press that he wanted to play for another season that was before his contract ran out,there was talk of him going to Borough at the end of last season.bamba wanted to play on ,city didnt offer him a contract nd he was released that's the nuts of this.
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

Yes ,a contract offer wasnt made so isn't it obviously that he would be released ????? ,all this horse shit about being kept on it was in his contract, bamba himself said in the press that he wanted to play on before his contract rven run out .

either he was offered a new contract or he wasnt which was it ? As far as fans concerned he was not offered a new contract is that true? If it is his assertion that he had a contract to coach doesnt add up.
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

either he was offered a new contract or he wasnt which was it ? As far as fans concerned he was not offered a new contract is that true? If it is his assertion that he had a contract to coach doesnt add up.

If it was in his contract then he / his agent needs to sort it as our club has breached a contractual agreement.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

If it was in his contract then he / his agent needs to sort it as our club has breached a contractual agreement.

Not if he wanted to play on like he said in the press, city didn't want him to play on so he went else where ? .
wez1927

Postby Ninian27 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Be interesting to see if City board start a liable case then if it’s not true

Ninian27

Postby Ninian27 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Always bad press they can’t all be lying

Ninian27

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

That was my thoughts he either had contract or he didn't if he did why no action against club? Maybe it was more the club promising a position a year ago when renued contract but club changed their mind hence they wasnt going to give him new contract....... as for learning on social media he knew he was leaving so how can he say only knew reading about it so not really adding up.
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm

Bqmba wanting to play on just one of the interviews he gave back at the end of last season

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... f-24086352

How can he be kept on in another capacity if he's saying he wants to play on in different interviews at the end of last season, it just really doesn't stack up to what today's interview he said .
wez1927

Postby Wayne S » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Something doesn't feel right about this piece.

Bamba was a legend for us on and off the field but I am with Wez.

If there were coaching terms written into his contract why did he not hold the club to them?

We often see players see out cast iron contracts while not playing and the club cannot do anything. So how were the club able to ignore this part of his contract?

Saying that I think Sol gives the answer himself. He talks about what he would do AFTER he retired. He chose not to retire and took another playing contract. Instead of retiring and moving into coaching.
Wayne S

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

That was my thoughts he either had contract or he didn't if he did why no action against club? Maybe it was more the club promising a position a year ago when renued contract but club changed their mind hence they wasnt going to give him new contract....... as for learning on social media he knew he was leaving so how can he say only knew reading about it so not really adding up.

It doesn't add up at all ,the club done right not to offer him a new playing contract, we got loads of centre backs now already . He's saying that he had another roll at the club in his contract but he was also saying he wanted to play on he can't have it both ways .
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
292F7E68-132D-4E38-8CCF-0A32D4FACDD1.jpeg
292F7E68-132D-4E38-8CCF-0A32D4FACDD1.jpeg (334.5 KiB) Viewed 7572 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Wayne S wrote:Something doesn't feel right about this piece.

Bamba was a legend for us on and off the field but I am with Wez.

If there were coaching terms written into his contract why did he not hold the club to them?

We often see players see out cast iron contracts while not playing and the club cannot do anything. So how were the club able to ignore this part of his contract?

Saying that I think Sol gives the answer himself. He talks about what he would do AFTER he retired. He chose not to retire and took another playing contract. Instead of retiring and moving into coaching.

Bang on mate it just doesn't stack up at all. And tbh all this shouting his mouth off in the press after he's left ,sours the memory of him ,he was a great player a few years ago for us but it was his time to hang up his boots for us but he wanted to play on .I bet if he retired he would of been offered a,position but he went to the press saying he wanted to play on before the end of last season .
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
658EE173-9DC7-4176-B1D3-F82537FD163C.jpeg
658EE173-9DC7-4176-B1D3-F82537FD163C.jpeg (333.36 KiB) Viewed 7376 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

:lol: misery since Tan took :lol: that did make me laugh , one carling cup final and two promotions to the premier league
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
D3BCFDC8-DE97-4CC9-8C3D-56A16FEFC7B0.jpeg
D3BCFDC8-DE97-4CC9-8C3D-56A16FEFC7B0.jpeg (367.23 KiB) Viewed 7207 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Always City » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:

:lol: misery since Tan took :lol: that did make me laugh , one carling cup final and two promotions to the premier league

Mate four years of red and embarrassment, or were you a red boy mate :evil:
Always City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
6C3E1C3B-2C60-48AA-9E50-3AAD5A1D75A6.jpeg
6C3E1C3B-2C60-48AA-9E50-3AAD5A1D75A6.jpeg (303.17 KiB) Viewed 7141 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:19 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
9BA1FFFD-DF43-4C58-AD0F-5666BAE8DC70.jpeg
9BA1FFFD-DF43-4C58-AD0F-5666BAE8DC70.jpeg (269.04 KiB) Viewed 7121 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Always City wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I was a cardiff fan like most others and always will be
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Always City wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Always one who thinks anyone who as opposite view to being a tan hater like some on here got to have wanted red. Pathetic!!
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
C016F98C-9D15-4C87-9B52-288684F32F0C.jpeg
C016F98C-9D15-4C87-9B52-288684F32F0C.jpeg (130.44 KiB) Viewed 6727 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Scoularite » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm certainly no fan of our Board of Directors and generally think that they know very little about running a football club, and was a fan of Sol and hoped that he would have joined the club in a coaching capacity.

However, unless Sol had the most useless agent in the country if there was any breach of contract you've got to wonder why the agent hasn't taken action against the club.
Scoularite

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:22 pm

I think it was the right decision to have him leave the club. There's no room for sentiment in football.

But the way the club went about it is completely wrong.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

It doesn't add up at all ,the club done right not to offer him a new playing contract, we got loads of centre backs now already . He's saying that he had another roll at the club in his contract but he was also saying he wanted to play on he can't have it both ways .

Absolutely correct.

I loved Sol and was gutted when he didn’t stay, but not surprised.

I think he might have let emotions take over but that doesn’t mean his recollection is correct. If it is then he and his agent can sue the club and clean up.

I think the real truth is somewhere in between. The club probably had said that he would be involved in the club at the end of the season but the fact he wanted to play on meant that wouldn’t be possible. They couldn’t keep that as an option indefinitely.

Yet again, people with an agenda against the owner using one persons viewpoint to try to paint them in a poor light.

Sol even admitted there hadn’t been any further contract discussions for months, please don’t expect me to believe that he was then surprised to leave !! That’s just stretching things too far.
piledriver64

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:38 pm

Scoularite wrote:I'm certainly no fan of our Board of Directors and generally think that they know very little about running a football club, and was a fan of Sol and hoped that he would have joined the club in a coaching capacity.

However, unless Sol had the most useless agent in the country if there was any breach of contract you've got to wonder why the agent hasn't taken action against the club.

Let's face it his agent and sol knew they weren't going to be
offered a playing contract and sol has some grapes over it .it's very obvious that if your not offered a contract then when the club put out the released list on line then you will be on it ,hardly a shock
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC SPORT / RADIO

SOL BAMBA:

Absolutely correct.

I loved Sol and was gutted when he didn’t stay, but not surprised.

I think he might have let emotions take over but that doesn’t mean his recollection is correct. If it is then he and his agent can sue the club and clean up.

I think the real truth is somewhere in between. The club probably had said that he would be involved in the club at the end of the season but the fact he wanted to play on meant that wouldn’t be possible. They couldn’t keep that as an option indefinitely.

Yet again, people with an agenda against the owner using one persons viewpoint to try to paint them in a poor light.

Sol even admitted there hadn’t been any further contract discussions for months, please don’t expect me to believe that he was then surprised to leave !! That’s just stretching things too far.

Exactly, no contract means you get released simple really .
wez1927

Next

Return to General Chat