UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/10/21

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am

I would like to think that Cardiff City Football Club will spell out clearly what is expected from all supporters attending future matches of what is required to confirm their covid pass and how exactly to obtain this.
I, for one, have never needed or owned a smart phone and I don't intend spending a shed load of money to have access to some sort of app just to prove my double vax. (Yes, I know I'm old school)
As for the unvaccinated, I assume you will need to produce some sort of proof of your lateral flow tests within 48 hours of each match.
I anxiously await clear instruction from the club to help reduce the expected chaos. :!:
MR BIRCHGROVE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:49 am

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I would like to think that Cardiff City Football Club will spell out clearly what is expected from all supporters attending future matches of what is required to confirm their covid pass and how exactly to obtain this.
I, for one, have never needed or owned a smart phone and I don't intend spending a shed load of money to have access to some sort of app just to prove my double vax. (Yes, I know I'm old school)
As for the unvaccinated, I assume you will need to produce some sort of proof of your lateral flow tests within 48 hours of each match.
I anxiously await clear instruction from the club to help reduce the expected chaos. :!:

Can get paper pass .. but it will be chaos not only at city who I suspect will refer to WG covid pass website for fans to access pass? Not sure what else club can do as it is WG idea.
pembroke allan

Postby BLUE54 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 am

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I would like to think that Cardiff City Football Club will spell out clearly what is expected from all supporters attending future matches of what is required to confirm their covid pass and how exactly to obtain this.

Just a note on this point. I sympathise with everyone who does not have access to a smart phone. I guess you will be able to use a printed copy of your vax passport, however in this case I believe as it is a copy, the date on it will run out, so unfortunately you will need to keep getting updated copies. Ridiculous I know, but that's the system at the moment. The date on the actual passport on a smart phone lasts for about a month, but it will automatically update, (so I've been led to believe). I reluctantly downloaded mine a couple of weeks ago, as I was pretty certain the people down the Bay were going to vote this in this direction. When I went through the process of obtaining the passport as you will know you have to use the NHS app etc. etc. This gives you your vaccine record of which jabs you had, what date etc. etc Also it produced the QR code, which automatically went into my "wallet" on the iphone. I was unsure as to whether I would need to show the complete record to enter CCS or, just the QR code. The difference being I do not need a wifi signal to just show the QR code, BUT if the list with the record was required, I could see problems with everyone needing to log on outside the ground all at the same time. When I went into the ground last Saturday, I asked a steward at the turnstile what will I need to show before the next game. He took time to come into the ground with me where it was in the dry and he said " all that will be required is to show the QR code, which will be far quicker and easier, and also the will only be asking on a random basis. I understand this NOT an official statement by the club, but the steward that took the time to speak to me seemed to be a supervisor of the group of stewards there.
I know this may be a long winded post, but I thought it important to pass this info on. Hope it helps. :thumbup:
BLUE54

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:37 pm

BLUE54 wrote:

Just a note on this point. I sympathise with everyone who does not have access to a smart phone. I guess you will be able to use a printed copy of your vax passport, however in this case I believe as it is a copy, the date on it will run out, so unfortunately you will need to keep getting updated copies. Ridiculous I know, but that's the system at the moment. The date on the actual passport on a smart phone lasts for about a month, but it will automatically update, (so I've been led to believe). I reluctantly downloaded mine a couple of weeks ago, as I was pretty certain the people down the Bay were going to vote this in this direction. When I went through the process of obtaining the passport as you will know you have to use the NHS app etc. etc. This gives you your vaccine record of which jabs you had, what date etc. etc Also it produced the QR code, which automatically went into my "wallet" on the iphone. I was unsure as to whether I would need to show the complete record to enter CCS or, just the QR code. The difference being I do not need a wifi signal to just show the QR code, BUT if the list with the record was required, I could see problems with everyone needing to log on outside the ground all at the same time. When I went into the ground last Saturday, I asked a steward at the turnstile what will I need to show before the next game. He took time to come into the ground with me where it was in the dry and he said " all that will be required is to show the QR code, which will be far quicker and easier, and also the will only be asking on a random basis. I understand this NOT an official statement by the club, but the steward that took the time to speak to me seemed to be a supervisor of the group of stewards there.
I know this may be a long winded post, but I thought it important to pass this info on. Hope it helps. :thumbup:

What's the point of date running out? If you have both jabs you've had them ? Thought QR codes automatically updated? What a load of tosh from WG again going to cost millions at end day to keep a department just for vaccine passports? No wonder boris doesn't want to bring them in ...
Ps welsh nhs doesn't have an app until 2022 need to go online from what I read
pembroke allan

Postby BLUE54 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Yes Allan you are correct. The QR code WILL automatically update. The point I was making is that if you use a printed version, then obviously whatever date is on the print at the time cannot update, as it's a piece of paper. The user will then need to get another print when that date on the print is no longer valid. Your QR code on your phone will automatically update. So they say. :lol:
BLUE54

Postby BLUE54 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:50 pm

The date on my QR code is valid until 18th October @ 8.10pm. So I guess I'll find out @ 8.11pm on 18th October. :lol:
BLUE54

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:33 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Yes Allan you are correct. The QR code WILL automatically update. The point I was making is that if you use a printed version, then obviously whatever date is on the print at the time cannot update, as it's a piece of paper. The user will then need to get another print when that date on the print is no longer valid. Your QR code on your phone will automatically update. So they say. :lol:

Yes trying to work out why if get printed version you need to get one every month or so as nothing will change still be same dates... :lol: ...... the update of QR codes is to do with data protection or something.. like said going to cost loads of money to administer a random check..
pembroke allan

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:57 pm

Firstly, I'd like to thank the few of you who have tried to give helpful replies to my original query; especially BLUE54.
I realise we will be wasting our time moaning about the outcome of the vote as frustrating as it is. We can't change the outcome and will have to accept it.
Personally, I will not be buying a smartphone just to go to football matches.
Therefore, I will have to rely on obtaining the paper version of my double-jab vaccine pass.
It would be helpful if the club would spell out to everyone on their website what we need to do, to obtain the information required on smartphones or using the paper version well in advance of the next match.
I'm afraid us 'oldies' aren't all as sharp-minded with new technology as all the younger guys.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Covid passes: Conservative who missed vote was at party conference -

A Conservative politician who missed a crucial vote on compulsory Covid passes in nightclubs and big events in Wales was at the Tory conference in Manchester at the time.

Gareth Davies says he was "angry" that he was unable to access the Welsh Parliament's remote voting system.

But the Senedd's Presiding Officer Elin Jones said he had been given "every opportunity to be present".

His absence meant Welsh ministers won by one vote.

Elin Jones had said on Tuesday that she had provided her personal phone number to allow Mr Davies to vote.

The Night Time Industries Association called for the decision to be taken again, but that was not echoed by any of the Senedd's party groups.

Under the new law evidence of full vaccination or a negative Covid test within 48 hours will be required when visiting nightclubs or large events.

Health Minister Eluned Morgan has said the vote will not be re-run.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:12 am

Covid in Wales: Businesses likely to stay open over winter -

All businesses in Wales are likely to be able to remain open throughout the winter, the Welsh government has said.

Ministers said the most likely scenario is that Wales slowly moves out of the pandemic to a position where coronavirus becomes a seasonal illness.

Under the "Covid Stable" situation, restrictions could be relaxed further if cases fall.

But ministers have also planned for a "Covid Urgent" scenario if changes threaten to overwhelm the NHS.

In a statement outlining Wales' Covid winter planning, the Welsh government said this could be the emergence of a new, fast-spreading variant or if vaccine immunity levels fall, causing a rise in pandemic pressures.

It comes as Wales' case rates dip below 500 per 100,000 for the first time since mid-September.
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Covid jabs and flu jabs together.

What are people’s thoughts on this?
maccydee

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:17 pm

maccydee wrote:Covid jabs and flu jabs together.

Good question, especially with the greater threat of flu this winter....
Most recent medical advice suggests there is no problem having both jabs together after previously suggesting having a minimum 14 day gap.
Professor Jonathan Van-Tam has stated both can be given together, one shot in each arm, for anyone over 50 years old.
However, if in doubt, most surgeries have already started to give the flu jab. I have mine booked for next week.
The covid booster will probably be given to my age group nearer the end of the year, so I will have at least a month or more between jabs.
I admit, I feel better about this.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Drakeford not a happy bunny because pcr tests going to be replaced by lateral flow tests when people arrive in uk from Oct half term holidays.
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Drakeford not a happy bunny because pcr tests going to be replaced by lateral flow tests when people arrive in uk from Oct half term holidays.
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:47 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

Most recent medical advice suggests there is no problem having both jabs together after previously suggesting having a minimum 14 day gap.
Professor Jonathan Van-Tam has stated both can be given together, one shot in each arm, for anyone over 50 years old.
However, if in doubt, most surgeries have already started to give the flu jab. I have mine booked for next week.
The covid booster will probably be given to my age group nearer the end of the year, so I will have at least a month or more between jabs.

I did about 70 today one in each arm.

Must admit it’s pretty strange.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

That seems to be an easier way to get people fully vaccinated quicker... :clap:

Information is fluid and experience (of the reactions) is king... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

The GP in charge told them to expect reactions to the flu jab.
maccydee

Postby Scoularite » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:15 pm

by maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Do you know what sort of reactions the GP was expecting?
Scoularite

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Scoularite wrote:

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Headache and a slight fever. Nothing too bad.

The booster Pfizer jab also is known for reactions when the person has had AZ before.
maccydee

Postby Scoularite » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:30 pm

Thanks for that.
Scoularite

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Headache and a slight fever. Nothing too bad.

The booster Pfizer jab also is known for reactions when the person has had AZ before.

Had Pfizer booster other day had really bad pain under my arm for 24hrs settled now... as for flu jab normally no problem but last years I was quite unwell for 24hrs waiting flu jab soon..
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/10/21

Postby BLUE54 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:29 pm

Me & her indoors had our flu jabs 2 weeks ago. No problems for either of us. :thumbup:
BLUE54

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/10/21

Postby BLUE54 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:37 pm

It's our 3rd year for the flu jab. She has had no reaction at all. I was fine 1st year, a slight reaction 2nd, & no reaction again this year. We have both had 2 covid jabs, me Pfizer & her AZ. Neither of us had any reaction to them. I guess it's the way life is :bluescarf:
BLUE54

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 11/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 am

Wales NHS Covid passes become compulsory Today --

People in Wales need an NHS Covid pass to be able to legally attend big events or nightclubs from Monday.

They are compulsory for over-18s, and show people have either tested negative on a lateral flow test or are fully vaccinated against Covid.

Wales' rugby game against New Zealand on 30 October will be one of the first mass events to require Covid passes.

Covid: Anti-vaxxers who intimidated teen blasted by Mark Drakeford

It is "not acceptable" for anti-vax protesters to intimidate people outside Covid vaccination centres, the first minister has said.

Mark Drakeford was speaking after a 15-year-old girl and her mum were confronted by protesters in Cardiff while going for a jab on Saturday.

Grace Baker-Earle said the experience "hit a spot" as she uses a wheelchair since contracting Covid.

Other parents said they felt "shaken up" by protesters.

South Wales Police said officers attended and one arrest was made.

Mr Drakeford said: "People are entitled to protest, people are entitled to express their view.

"They're not entitled to do it in a way that intimidates others.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/10/21

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:30 am

New Government-led report: UK Covid response "worst ever"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=224184
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 am

Covid: New WHO group may be last chance to find virus origins -

The World Health Organization (WHO) says a new taskforce may be the last chance to find the origins of Covid-19.

It has nominated 26 experts to join the body, the Scientific Advisory Group on the Origins of Novel Pathogens (Sago).

More than a year-and-a-half since the virus was detected in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the question of how it first emerged remains unclear.

The team will consider if the virus jumped from animals to humans in Wuhan markets or leaked in a lab accident.

China has strongly refuted the second theory.

In February, a WHO team tasked with investigating Covid's origins flew to China and concluded that the virus had probably come from bats but that more work was needed.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/10/21

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 am

Pcr tests being replaced by lateral flow tests on 24oct for those returning to uk :old:
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 16/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am

Covid test lab errors affect up to 4,000 in Wales -

About 4,000 people in Wales may have been wrongly told their Covid-19 tests were negative because of errors at a private laboratory.

An investigation found about 43,000 results from England and Wales have been affected by issues at the facility in Wolverhampton.

In a statement, Health Minister Eluned Morgan said most wrong results were in the Gwent and Cwm Taf Morgannwg areas.

Some who received negative results will be asked to retest.

The incorrect PCR test results were given between 8 September and 12 October.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm

Covid passes: Clubbers and Swansea and Cardiff City fans divided -

On the first weekend since Covid passes were introduced in Wales, football stadiums and nightclubs received a mixed reaction from punters.

At the south Wales derby between Swansea and Cardiff City, fans were divided over the pass, which is now mandatory for over-18s at large events.

The pass proves vaccination, a negative lateral flow test in the last 48 hours, or having Covid in the past six months.

It applies to nightclubs and stadiums with a capacity of more than 10,000.

As fans headed to the Swansea.com Stadium for the derby - which Swansea won 3-0 - some said passes were open to abuse and a restriction on personal freedoms, while others said it made them feel safer.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:04 am

Premier League reveals 68% of players are fully vaccinated against Covid -

League says 81% have had at least one jab
At least 94% of Bundesliga players are fully vaccinated

The Premier League says that 68% of its players are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 after concerns over a lack of take-up.

Estimates had earlier placed the number of double-jabbed players at less than 50%, with a number of managers, including Pep Guardiola and Jürgen Klopp, calling on top-flight players to comply.

The Premier League has released official figures for the first time, which show 81% have had at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine. The league said it would “continue to work with clubs to encourage vaccination among players and club staff”.

Figures were not broken down beyond a top number, and the league said it would not name individuals. A 68% fully vaccinated figure remains way short of other top leagues in Europe. Last week the Bundesliga said 94% of its players were fully vaccinated and Italian press reported figures as high as 98% in Serie A.

The league will see the numbers as moving in the right direction after a period of growing uncertainty and tension. Reports last month suggested players had been sharing vaccine misinformation on WhatsApp, and the league organised sessions with the government’s deputy chief medical officer, Jonathan Van-Tam, to improve uptake.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat