Covid pass

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Covid pass

Postby litoblues » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am

Congestion last night from covid pass checking was likely to increase covid infections not reduce it.. Utter nonsense
litoblues

Covid pass

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Covid pass

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:44 am

For them to take a cursory glance at it. It adds nothing. Like you say, probably makes things worse.

Living in England I don't need it. So yesterday when asked at the pub I had to faff like hell to find it. Could've just screenshot a mates!

Another fine plan from Dripford.
jimmy_rat

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:33 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:For them to take a cursory glance at it. It adds nothing. Like you say, probably makes things worse.

Living in England I don't need it. So yesterday when asked at the pub I had to faff like hell to find it. Could've just screenshot a mates!

You’re all forgetting that Mr Drakeford can now say something like ‘We in Wales are doing something positive to stop infections rising’. On paper maybe, but as you say, utter waste of time
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TheHangedMan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:For them to take a cursory glance at it. It adds nothing. Like you say, probably makes things worse.

You’re all forgetting that Mr Drakeford can now say something like ‘We in Wales are doing something positive to stop infections rising’. On paper maybe, but as you say, utter waste of time

It's quite dismaying really. It will be too late when people actually realise that this illogical, non fact based and damaging policy is causing more harm than good.

The blind acquiescence of the populous who have just marched to Drakeford's tune is quite incredible in my eyes. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:29 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It's quite dismaying really. It will be too late when people actually realise that this illogical, non fact based and damaging policy is causing more harm than good.

The blind acquiescence of the populous who have just marched to Drakeford's tune is quite incredible in my eyes. :bluebird:

What’s the alternative though mate?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby ffs » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:46 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

The majority of the public are idiots and will do whatever their leaders want. All it takes is a little prodding
ffs

Postby TheHangedMan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

What’s the alternative though mate?

As you are probably aware I am not living in my home Country at the moment. But the first suggestion I would make is to write to your MP (or the Welsh version) if you are not happy with the situation.

Equally if you are not happy, get like minded people to do the same, and demand a response to the questions that you may raise.

IMHO, the shift in the last 20-30 years, politically, is the parties rely on "focus groups". Trust me, if a lot of MP's start receiving emails / letters from a lot of their constituents it may start overiding the opinions of a small focus group.

For the record I have emailed my MP in Dorset on many occasions, and everytime I receieve a written response, some via email and others by parliamentary letter in the post, which at a later date can be held against him if he was, shall we say,not forthcoming with the truth, or voted in a direction that he said he would not! Good luck. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Rather than start a new thread I thought it wise to tag to this one in view of my response to a previous poster.

I have just emailed this to my MP in Dorset and if I get a response I will share it here:

Jim Smith <jim*******@gmail.com>
20:49 (0 minutes ago)
to michael.tomlinson.mp

Hi Michael,

Hope you are keeping well.

Thanks for your previous responses to my questions and concerns on a number of matters.

Recently, I have watched reports citing, that Austria has locked down anybody who has exerted their free will and decided that the Covid vaccine is not for them. I understand that this is not in your remit or jurisdiction but I was dismayed that the PM of our democratic country, your leader, did not condemn this obvious infringement on human rights.

It may be just a coincidence that a person from Austria tried this in the 1930's, and we all know how many wasted lives that caused.

I would be grateful if you would confirm that you would vote against any proposal by your Government to bring in any similar measures.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Smith

Address: REDACTED
Mobile: REDACTED
:bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluesince72 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:47 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Rather than start a new thread I thought it wise to tag to this one in view of my response to a previous poster.

I have just emailed this to my MP in Dorset and if I get a response I will share it here:

to michael.tomlinson.mp

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your previous responses to my questions and concerns on a number of matters.

Recently, I have watched reports citing, that Austria has locked down anybody who has exerted their free will and decided that the Covid vaccine is not for them. I understand that this is not in your remit or jurisdiction but I was dismayed that the PM of our democratic country, your leader, did not condemn this obvious infringement on human rights.

It may be just a coincidence that a person from Austria tried this in the 1930's, and we all know how many wasted lives that caused.

I would be grateful if you would confirm that you would vote against any proposal by your Government to bring in any similar measures.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Smith

F**k me i bet he loves seeing your email address ping up on his P.C
Bluesince72

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Bluesince72 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:Rather than start a new thread I thought it wise to tag to this one in view of my response to a previous poster.

to michael.tomlinson.mp

Hi Michael,

Yours sincerely,

Jim Smith

F**k me i bet he loves seeing your email address ping up on his P.C

Why such a shitty response? At least he stands up for what he believes, unlike a lot of people, and has the time and inclination to voice his concerns to his mp,most just sit back and take WHATEVER comes at them,but moan like. F@ck when things aren't the way they expect?its a pity more dont do the same, and write to their MP'S and not just on the issues regarding covid, and peoples free will being removed, along with freedoms, but anything that they feel is wrong or injust.well done hanged man I say.
bluesince62

Postby ffs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

to michael.tomlinson.mp

Hi Michael,

Yours sincerely,

Jim Smith

Well done mate. People in favour of these restrictions need to be held accountable
ffs

Postby mjw6150 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:59 am

Agree with most of above comments. However, compliance only encourages them. I won't be attending CCS until they are gone.
mjw6150

Postby ffs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:59 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Agree with most of above comments. However, compliance only encourages them. I won't be attending CCS until they are gone.

Great stuff mjw :ayatollah:

I read the other day about an independent company in Swansea standing up to the discriminatory covid pass. Their name is Cinema & co. Give them a follow online and try to support them if you can.

Anyone know of any businesses in Cardiff and the surrounding areas also making a stand?

If the majority don't comply, then the government can't win
ffs

Postby Sven » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Agree with most of above comments. However, compliance only encourages them. I won't be attending CCS until they are gone.

Until who is/are/what 'gone'? :?

And how do you know who 'they' are? :?

I'm just confused as to whom you are 'staying away' from and how do you know who to avoid? :?

Or you may just mean the 'compliance' rules themselves? In which case, you can put your feet up on the pouffe for (at least) the rest of this season :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 am

Don't forget your flu jabs folks I mean that kills on average 650k World wide per year I'm sure the media will mention it soon once there bored of covid and the sheep population become tired of that to :shock:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Comparing the current leader of Austria to Hitler is f*cking laughable, give your head a wobble ffs
1980s Bluebird

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:19 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Comparing the current leader of Austria to Hitler is f*cking laughable, give your head a wobble ffs

No it isn’t and very relevant. You may agree with this now. But the next time you may not. Austria doing forced vaxing is nothing short of history repeating itself. As for covid passports that is nothing short of fascism and that’s how Nazi Germany started down that slippery road. Give your head a wobble for supporting freedoms being shut down. I have wondered how Germany ‘s citizens could allow themselves to be so compliant. I am beginning to see how easy it was for the Nazis to do what they did.
Nuclearblue

Postby stickywicket » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:01 am

No congestion tonight
stickywicket

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Austria's "firebreak" is to save their skiing season
llan bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Comparing the current leader of Austria to Hitler is f*cking laughable, give your head a wobble ffs

No it isn’t and very relevant. You may agree with this now. But the next time you may not. Austria doing forced vaxing is nothing short of history repeating itself. As for covid passports that is nothing short of fascism and that’s how Nazi Germany started down that slippery road. Give your head a wobble for supporting freedoms being shut down. I have wondered how Germany ‘s citizens could allow themselves to be so compliant. I am beginning to see how easy it was for the Nazis to do what they did.

Absolute drivel my friend, it has absolutely no relevance at all apart from trying to justify your rhetoric. How can you compare this to Nazi Germany and Hitlers actions. No one is being rounded up and shot, no one is being forced into Trains and gassed, no one is being singled out for being disabled, a gypsy, concentration camps are not being built to house people who have not had a covid jab, no one is being experimented on to make the perfect arian nation, no children are being taken apart and then joined together. The fact that you can even compare it to that shows your complete ignorance of Nazi Germanys actions regardless of your thoughts on the current covid situation.
1980s Bluebird

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:19 pm

A serious question, will the passes even be worth it? As they are saying this new variant/strain is worse than the ones you've been jabbed against, and can still be caught and passed on, jabbed or not?
To me it's far too early to be panicking over a strain they really know nothing of? Even reports suggesting the disparity between poor unvaccinated nations in Africa, has fueled this variant! Do they even have a clue, before sending people into panic mode!!
bluesince62

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:25 pm

bluesince62 wrote:A serious question, will the passes even be worth it? As they are saying this new variant/strain is worse than the ones you've been jabbed against, and can still be caught and passed on, jabbed or not?
To me it's far too early to be panicking over a strain they really know nothing of? Even reports suggesting the disparity between poor unvaccinated nations in Africa, has fueled this variant! Do they even have a clue, before sending people into panic mode!!

Please stop talking sense Paul, the Govt. have not acted on science or data for many many months now. Why would they start now when they have an oppurtunity to flex their ever waning muscles? :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:27 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:A serious question, will the passes even be worth it? As they are saying this new variant/strain is worse than the ones you've been jabbed against, and can still be caught and passed on, jabbed or not?

Please stop talking sense Paul, the Govt. have not acted on science or data for many many months now. Why would they start now when they have an oppurtunity to flex their ever waning muscles? :bluebird:

But the current round of boosters is clearly still important. There are currently 11 known cases of the new variant in the UK yet 4000+ a day of the others :roll:

I know exactly what jab I would choose !!

I would agree that there is nothing, currently, to worry too much about the new variant but what we have learnt is if we act quickly and cautiously on any of these developments we stand a better chance of avoiding more stringent measures if it does get out of hand.
piledriver64

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:58 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

But the current round of boosters is clearly still important. There are currently 11 known cases of the new variant in the UK yet 4000+ a day of the others :roll:

I would agree that there is nothing, currently, to worry too much about the new variant but what we have learnt is if we act quickly and cautiously on any of these developments we stand a better chance of avoiding more stringent measures if it does get out of hand.

Tim, I have no problem with anyone going for the jab, 2nd jab or booster jab.

My problem lies in sectionalising the good thinking people to do something, i.e. a medical procedure, that they do not wish to partake in.

In my opinion a democratic society respects all opinions, even if we do not agree with them.

It has been proven in the 1930's, and I hope for once we can learn from history, that these sort of mandates lead to a very slippery, but fast slope, to ruin. :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:54 pm

What has been very under reported,is the fact that the police took part,in a massive protest in Austria against mandatory vaccinations! Seems they are with the people over this.
bluesince62

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Tim, I have no problem with anyone going for the jab, 2nd jab or booster jab.

My problem lies in sectionalising the good thinking people to do something, i.e. a medical procedure, that they do not wish to partake in.

In my opinion a democratic society respects all opinions, even if we do not agree with them.

It has been proven in the 1930's, and I hope for once we can learn from history, that these sort of mandates lead to a very slippery, but fast slope, to ruin. :bluebird:

But my point is that nobody in the UK has been mandated, therefore their free choice is whether to have the jab or not.

However, for every decision we make in life there may be consequences. In this case, as a result of exercising your right not to have a jab you may be precluded from certain activities or, at least, have to go through a few other processes (PCR tests, LFT, etc.) to enable you to take part in those activities.

I'm not really seeing any threat to free choice apart from in Austria.
piledriver64

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Absolute drivel my friend, it has absolutely no relevance at all apart from trying to justify your rhetoric. How can you compare this to Nazi Germany and Hitlers actions. No one is being rounded up and shot, no one is being forced into Trains and gassed, no one is being singled out for being disabled, a gypsy, concentration camps are not being built to house people who have not had a covid jab, no one is being experimented on to make the perfect arian nation, no children are being taken apart and then joined together. The fact that you can even compare it to that shows your complete ignorance of Nazi Germanys actions regardless of your thoughts on the current covid situation.

How do you think it all started ? With gas chambers etc ? No it started with taking of basic freedoms and division. Segregating the population. I’m stating early 30s not fast forwarding to 1942
Nuclearblue

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm

This new strain is so mild it’s killed no one, there is no hospital admissions but they are trying to get people panicked.
This one is less harmful than the common cold. People are being conned and again freedoms are being taken away on a lie.
A virus this mild never warrants a vaccine but to mess with it is a million times more dangerous.
People comply to put an end to this shit but don’t they realise their compliance is the reason we will not get out of this restrictive shit grrrr
Nuclearblue

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:01 pm

bluesince62 wrote:What has been very under reported,is the fact that the police took part,in a massive protest in Austria against mandatory vaccinations! Seems they are with the people over this.

I ha
Vent heard this either. They won’t tell you it’s against the agenda
Nuclearblue

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

How do you think it all started ? With gas chambers etc ? No it started with taking of basic freedoms and division. Segregating the population. I’m stating early 30s not fast forwarding to 1942

Either people are too trusting or they have never been properly educated on historical facts.

Apart from the anagram of Omicron being "Moronic".......the latest is "Delta Omicron"........anagram is - "Media Control".

They can all ignore it for so long, but ultimately will see it for what it is. :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Next

Return to General Chat