Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea fans divide over flag

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:27 pm

A section of Swansea fans weren’t happy when another section of Swansea fans started showing a Union Jack the section of Swansea who weren’t happy started making gestures to other Swansea fans with the Union Jack and started singing hymns and Aries and chants of wales wales at the game with Blackpool today

Re: Swansea fans divide over flag

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:31 pm

Also reports of fighting lots of welsh Swansea not happy with the hand of ulster flag either one Swansea fan said we are not Glasgow rangers

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:41 am

There is a sprinkling of National Front supporters amongst the Swansea crowd that display the Union Jack, I know one of them who is a right oddball

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:46 am

7777 glt wrote:There is a sprinkling of National Front supporters amongst the Swansea crowd that display the Union Jack, I know one of them who is a right oddball

The odd thing about the odd balls is that it's nothing new; so why today? :?

Clearly no proper identity as a support group, what with most (not quite all) of them being 'newbies' to football and all that... ;) :laughing6:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 am

Sven wrote:
7777 glt wrote:There is a sprinkling of National Front supporters amongst the Swansea crowd that display the Union Jack, I know one of them who is a right oddball

The odd thing about the odd balls is that it's nothing new; so why today? :?

Clearly no proper identity as a support group, what with most (not quite all) of them being 'newbies' to football and all that... ;) :laughing6:

Think they just want to stand out and be a little different bless them.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Proud to be Welsh and British. Can never understand the booing of a flag that my family and grandparents fought under.

All about oppions I guess.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Hope we never see political flags at our ground. Why would anyone have a red hand flag at a football match? It’s no surprise that swansea, being a pretty white town, attracts these sort of Neanderthal types and those other freaks who video themselves at their ground booing taking the knee. Can’t recall the name they go by, which I’m glad about. :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:12 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Proud to be Welsh and British. Can never understand the booing of a flag that my family and grandparents fought under.

flag..

agree mate.. nationalism never ends well whichever way it is

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:21 pm

goats wrote:Hope we never see political flags at our ground. Why would anyone have a red hand flag at a football match? It’s no surprise that swansea, being a pretty white town, attracts these sort of Neanderthal types and those other freaks who video themselves at their ground booing taking the knee. Can’t recall the name they go by, which I’m glad about. :bluescarf:

The Red Hand of Ulster has nothing to do with racism. God knows why the Jacks have one though.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:39 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Proud to be Welsh and British. Can never understand the booing of a flag that my family and grandparents fought under.

On this matter, I totally agree with you... :thumbup: :clap: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:27 pm

Sven wrote:

On this matter, I totally agree with you... :thumbup: :clap: :ayatollah:

Loved to know what connection swansea fans have to ulster or Glasgow rangers English teams have this fascination as well you don’t see man United Liverpool Everton Man City Spurs or arsenal flying ulster flags

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Jock wrote:
goats wrote:Hope we never see political flags at our ground. Why would anyone have a red hand flag at a football match? It’s no surprise that swansea, being a pretty white town, attracts these sort of Neanderthal types and those other freaks who video themselves at their ground booing taking the knee. Can’t recall the name they go by, which I’m glad about. :bluescarf:

The Red Hand of Ulster has nothing to do with racism. God knows why the Jacks have one though.

I know it’s nothing to do with all that ulster bollocks, they seem to attract the far right also down there. Maybe they see the jacks as an easy touch club to use as a tool to promote themselves.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:13 pm

goats wrote:
Jock wrote:

I know it’s nothing to do with all that ulster bollocks, they seem to attract the far right also down there. Maybe they see the jacks as an easy touch club to use as a tool to promote themselves.

Don't they have an Irish Bar down there? :?

Would explain the Sombreros, too! :laughing6:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Ds4VoBWXoAAHlhY.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Nope we just see virtue signalling and support for Marxist groups amongst our players. If you allow one voice the other has to be allowed as well. For this thee can’t be no argument.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:
Ds4VoBWXoAAHlhY.jpeg

Embarrassing

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 pm

One of the reasons why Swansea’s fly those British and ulster flags is because they class Cardiff city supporters as welsh nationalists because they follow wales they fly those flags. Because they are saying they are British not welsh Cardiff city fans are not nationalities we are welsh and we love following wales I’m welsh British and catholic proud of all three but not a nationalist or unionist Swansea don’t know what they are half the time

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Is he from the Sandfields area?

It may be the same one I know.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

100% this.

When the Royal Family gets shit it makes irate.

Spencer Prior almost walked off the pitch when minutes silence for Queen Mum was spoilt.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 pm

With you 100 per cent on that