Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hull man to miss Bluebirds clash Hull City's

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:40 am

Hull man to miss Bluebirds clash

Hull City's on-loan Manchester United youngster Di'Shon Bernard will miss the trip to south Wales next week though suspension.

He will add to Grant McCann's selection problems in the capital - the Tigers boss is already without the the injured Alfie Jones, Callum Elder and Josh Emmanuel for the trip south.

"I'm going to see if Cliffy Byrne has got his boots and see if he's available for Wednesday," Grant joked. "Defensively we're in trouble a little bit, obviously now we've only got Sean (McLoughlin) and (Jacob) Greavesy, the only two fit centre-halves.

"We'll see how Callum Elder is, it's not a great time for us in terms of the injuries and illness.

"It's just a bug," McCann said of Elder. "He wasn't feeling too great this morning (Saturday), he's been halfway around the world (on international duty) and jet-lag hits people differently, maybe that's something to do with it.

"He trained Thursday, he trained Friday and we got a phone call this morning (Saturday) that he wasn't right for the game."

Re: Hull man to miss Bluebirds clash Hull City's

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 am

They might be missing a few, but there's always the mind games. One or two of those 'out' will play. Certainly doesn't mean they are going to be full strength though.

I've seen some crushing home defeats to Hull over the years, but one of my favourite ever away trips over my near 50 years following the Bluebirds was our 2-0 win in 2017. What a day that was.....