Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ YES “ Steve Morison’s Trojan’s

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:51 pm

PRESTON 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Caught unlucky with in 90 seconds :cry:
Held out first - half with a very biased Ref.

Came out fighting second-half

McGuinness scores straight away :bluebird: :bluebird: 1-1

From then Cardiff played the best football in the last year or so and absolutely dominated :bluebird: :bluebird:

James Collins first league goal for the Bluebirds and well deserved sent 900 plus Bluebirds delirious :bluebird: :bluebird:

The last 10 mins City fought like Trojan’s , Steve Morison’s Trojan’s :bluebird: :bluebird:
2-1. Cardiff and well deserved with great football :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Back to back wins for the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ YES “ Steve Morison’s Trojan’s

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:57 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:05 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluebird:

Couldn’t see McCarthy doing that with the players. Loved the fist pumping. Great to see a manager with passion. Doesn’t earn points but great for the feel good factor at the club.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:09 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluebird:

Couldn’t see McCarthy doing that with the players. Loved the fist pumping. Great to see a manager with passion. Doesn’t earn points but great for the feel good factor at the club.

Def not.

The fist pump was brilliant, Morison nearly fell over :lol: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Ended up doing it about 5 times :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Updated:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Updated: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm

One more win and we can start looking up instead of down. Said at the begining of the season if we could blood a fee youth and finish in the top ten I'd take it.

Didn't think it would be in this manner and would take mid-table realistically at this point but loving seeing players step up from the youth set up.

Zimba will have learnt as much from a tough 45 minutes as he would from a season of wins in the under 23s today.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:PRESTON 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Caught unlucky with in 90 seconds :cry:
Held out first - half with a very biased Ref.

Came out fighting second-half

McGuinness scores straight away :bluebird: :bluebird: 1-1

From then Cardiff played the best football in the last year or so and absolutely dominated :bluebird: :bluebird:

James Collins first league goal for the Bluebirds and well deserved sent 900 plus Bluebirds delirious :bluebird: :bluebird:

The last 10 mins City fought like Trojan’s , Steve Morison’s Trojan’s :bluebird: :bluebird:
2-1. Cardiff and well deserved with great football :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Back to back wins for the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Certainly sounded like there were more than 900 of us! Looking forward to re-watching the match tomorrow on CCTV to hear what noise re created. We seemed to be echoing around the place - Preston fans very quiet even at 1-0 up.

I can see my Cardiff shirt in your selfie photo. Was going to say hi, but you were swamped by loads of fans!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:42 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:One more win and we can start looking up instead of down. Said at the begining of the season if we could blood a fee youth and finish in the top ten I'd take it.

Didn't think it would be in this manner and would take mid-table realistically at this point but loving seeing players step up from the youth set up.

Zimba will have learnt as much from a tough 45 minutes as he would from a season of wins in the under 23s today.

Nice to see a poster calling the boy by his correct name too! So many think he os from the lion king, simba!! I said the same, we would finish around 10th! But that was before MM decimated the quality of the squad! But I still think we will be there or thereabouts, providing we get no serious long term injuries to our seniors!

I did think it was a bit sudden to blood Zimba, considering we had Collins on the bench, I mean in terms of 1st team experience etc, thought collins would have the edge? But it's done now, another kid getting 1st team time under his belt, collins coming on in his place, and getting his 1st goal, and what a time to get it! He does a lot of things he doesn't get praised for, but as he is a striker, he is judged on how many times he hits the net, not the other side of his game.I hope he can kick on now with us, and help us climb the table.

When I saw the line up, wont lie, I was a tad concerned, and 90 seconds in I thought, shit!! Even at half time I thought we were lucky to be only one goal down, was reading the stats at that time, they jlhad 10 shots to our one! Second half was the polar opposite with us 13 shots to their 2!! If we can start as we do in 2nd half of hff Ames, we will be fine.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:06 pm

Special day for me that. First away day for my little boy and being able to throw him around the place and seeing him gripped by it all was just perfect, living on Merseyside it’s enivatable he will follow the crowd and go with Liverpool but he loves Cardiff and and I’m just building that affinity! Seeing Morrison trying to do the Klopp first pump and almost slipping over was brilliant! What a second half, Collins coming in made a huge difference and Giles, Collwill and Davies just make me smile from ear to ear.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Special day for me that. First away day for my little boy and being able to throw him around the place and seeing him gripped by it all was just perfect, living on Merseyside it’s enivatable he will follow the crowd and go with Liverpool but he loves Cardiff and and I’m just building that affinity! Seeing Morrison trying to do the Klopp first pump and almost slipping over was brilliant! What a second half, Collins coming in made a huge difference and Giles, Collwill and Davies just make me smile from ear to ear.

Was going to PM you to ask how your little one found it! We have the answer!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:07 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:One more win and we can start looking up instead of down. Said at the begining of the season if we could blood a fee youth and finish in the top ten I'd take it.

Will take a bit more than one more win looking at that table before we are anywhere near out of trouble

is the feeling coming ?

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 pm

I get a strange feeling - that belief is starting to trickle back into the club, the team and us.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Will take a bit more than one more win looking at that table before we are anywhere near out of trouble

No I agree we are a long way from trouble. But a bit of daylight between us and relegation would do wonders for the moral of the squad is what I meant. Could have said it better mind and agree a lot of hard yards to go. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:00 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

No I agree we are a long way from trouble. But a bit of daylight between us and relegation would do wonders for the moral of the squad is what I meant. Could have said it better mind and agree a lot of hard yards to go. :thumbup:

Yeah agreed mate. We've stopped the rot which is the important thing. let's hope this isn't just new manager syndrome and push up the table, get that cushion made by christmas and just enjoy watching the youngsters develop.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:08 am

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:25 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Special day for me that. First away day for my little boy and being able to throw him around the place and seeing him gripped by it all was just perfect, living on Merseyside it’s enivatable he will follow the crowd and go with Liverpool but he loves Cardiff and and I’m just building that affinity! Seeing Morrison trying to do the Klopp first pump and almost slipping over was brilliant! What a second half, Collins coming in made a huge difference and Giles, Collwill and Davies just make me smile from ear to ear.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Your little boy must of loved it :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: