My View: The Important Worrying Question Is

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:40 am

My View: The Important Worrying Question Is Next Season :

With MM gone and with luck favoring us recently (and about time we get some luck) - I will not completely rule out relegation , but I believe that we will finish mid table.

Moreover , looking back on how we rallied from hopeless situations under Solskjaer, Trollope, Slade etc and came back under Warnock and McCarthy (immediately after they took charge) ….. I would not belittle dreamers to think that we may even make the playoffs ….. but I believe this to be highly unlikely.

The real important question that is bothering me is not this season but rather - NEXT SEASON !!!!!!

Tan who has had full and complete control for over 11 years seems to have run out of steam or out of money or out of interest in us . Unless he changes tack - as far as I can see - TAN IS A SPENT FORCE ….and he has had his time .

The bottom line is that he has already lost a massive amount of money on us (Dalman said on TV £200 million) and ….. he continues to lose lots (Dalman said £3 million a month ….but that may be less now) but that is totally down to mismanagement / bad management from the top ….. and he has some biggish court cases to deal with ……. and with the team struggling on the pitch and with little prospect of improving the team next season (with some senior players leaving to save wages) . One can never be certain ….but it is possible that the Tan era may be on the wane .

We have some promising youngsters but they need quality around them Def next season or even this January?

There is real uncertainty about Tan and there is uncertainty about the club and it’s future next season . It is all not looking promising.

I am rather worried !! Are you ?

It’s been stated by Chairman Dalman, No money in January and probably No money next season and Dalman virtually already blaming Tan for how our club has been run over the past years.

We have now had three offers for our club in the last two years, yet Tan remains? so he needs to sort out our present problems as he made them.

This is what a football forum is about :bluebird:

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?
Attachments
77E08F4C-F48B-4B68-9D26-1757CEC6B9B2.jpeg
77E08F4C-F48B-4B68-9D26-1757CEC6B9B2.jpeg (47.55 KiB) Viewed 9064 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: My View: The Important Worrying Question Is

Postby pick and shovel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:51 am

You have summed up the obvious concerns which I share. But there again I am always accused of being negative by Sven and co.
pick and shovel

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:59 am

pick and shovel wrote:You have summed up the obvious concerns which I share. But there again I am always accused of being negative by Sven and co.

Lets worry about this season 1st :? ..... Then people can start to worry about next season
After we've sold all our good youngsters and got rid of about 6
out of contract players?
On bright side we keep all our youngsters and we recruit players we need in the right positions to replace players leaving....which I believe we'll do especially if morison is in charge. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pick and shovel wrote:You have summed up the obvious concerns which I share. But there again I am always accused of being negative by Sven and co.

Lets worry about this season 1st :? ..... Then people can start to worry about next season
out of contract players?
On bright side we keep all our youngsters and we recruit players we need in the right positions to replace players leaving....which I believe we'll do especially if morison is in charge. :thumbup:

Tan is going to reassess everything come the end of the season. Hopefully we will still be in the Championship.

What do I think will happen? He will sell our good youngsters and replace them with Academy players. He might bring in experience players to support the youngsters, even he must see that will be neccessary.....I pray.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluebird04 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:07 pm

i am not so worried about next season, i think so many clubs are in similar situations to us, that come the summer, alot of players will be out of contract. several will leave us, and i fully expect the club to allow atleast some of the saved wages to go on other players, aslong as recruitment is spot on (something which has been poor for me for years) could build a cheaper but very effective side. survival this season is the absolute must though
bluebird04

Postby theclaw » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:16 pm

Totally agree with above as let’s worry about this season.
Who knows Morison might guide us to a top 10 finish playing great on the eye football with the crowds flocking back and convince Tan to spend a bit next season.
theclaw

Postby Wayne S » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:17 pm

My issue with these sort of topics is that they are always full of "What's Wrong" and never any sign of solutions.

Not saying anyone is wrong as we do seem to have stagnated but we are in a hell of a better position off the field than many clubs.

Where are the solutions? Where is the billionaire queue waiting to take over? We could have a knowledgeable footballing type of takeover with less money but then we have to work within budget.

To me its swings and roundabouts. Billionaire or footballing savvy.... not both.
Wayne S

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

It sounds an obvious thing to say - but maybe Tan wants to try it another way - get as many lads from the U23 through as possible with a few seasoned old heads and try and go up that way. A bit like how Southampton have.

If the football is good and exciting to watch the crowds will be back. It's hard to argue against anything Warnock did - as he took us from the relegation zone to promotion is a season and a half. But it would be nice to go up attempting to play exciting to watch football for a change.

It's a "journey" as they say - and I think it will be fascinating to see how it pans out for Morison and the lads he has brought through.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Whether due to further reducing costs or actually thinking more strategic/long term.... The club has made a very astute appointment with Steve, Tom & Mark.

The future is the U23s and U18s and I think Steve Morison gives us the best opportunity to bring them through to the first team.

Like you I think we will survive but fall way short of the play offs.

We will add some pace and creativity to the team in Jan and that will help.

As for next season... So many ifs and buts. But let's see.

For the first time since Malky (even though it went sour) I am happy with the club's approach ... Probably more luck than judgement.
AfricanBluebird

Postby fred keenor » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 pm

The other board reported a few weeks back that new investment was on its way, i guess that may dictate the future under Tan.

Always thought you should you try to be the best you can be under this football club and league 1 is certainly not that, nor fighting relegation in the championship.

We need to be a PL club attracting 30k each week,and we have proven we can do that and more. Under Tan is that feeasible. If not why does he not sell to someone who can get us there.
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

out of contract players?

Tan is going to reassess everything come the end of the season. Hopefully we will still be in the Championship.

What do I think will happen? He will sell our good youngsters and replace them with Academy players. He might bring in experience players to support the youngsters, even he must see that will be neccessary.....I pray.

Wont replace old hands with academy players well morison is clued up and wont let it happen ......was being a bit flippant about selling good youngsters but I have confidence that morison will have the job fulltime and will get in the right players to enhance team something that's been missing for quite a while now. If take what tan says on face value he as got more faith in morison than previous managers and that may help him support morison in what he wants player wise
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

out of contract players?

Allan,

Who continues to come on all my posts but then never replies to me.

If you read my topic it’s about this season and next season.

And why can’t us fans talk about how we feel the future will be????

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

out of contract players?

Allan,

Wasn't aware needed to reply directly with anyone and as you have noticed recently I have avoided your posts like the plague wonder why? And I thought I addressed both issues discussed in this thread but gues not..... anyway dont worry about it as about to take off to Antigua so be around even less than past couple of weeks :occasion5: :bluescarf:
pembroke allan

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 pm

The position, throughout the Championship and below, is uncertain right now.

Reading and Derby are just the start. If Fulham don't go up this season they could be next as they are one of the few clubs that have spent. FFP may well be tested if they can't get to the Prem next May.

As another poster has mentioned. I don't see a queue of people looking to buy Tan out, certainly not at the price Tan seems to want or in way that he has confidence that won't makes things worse.

On the playing side I'm less concerned about next season. I'm really hoping that Morison does well this season and starts us along the route of changing our style.When we get to the summer he will be in the position pf having a lot of the "old guard" out of contract offering him the luxury of being able to pick and choose he he keeps or brings in.

Do Morrison, Vaulks, Ralls, Pack, Flint, etc., fit into a team wanting to play high tempo passing football ? Certainly not many of them. So whilst it may be painful to see some really loyal servants leave, it's something of a necessity if we're serious about wanting change. We will save on some serious wages and, hoefully, gain enough monetary leeway to bring in some decent quality.

Of course, Morison may struggle, in which case it may be a case of "same old, same old" but I have a sneaky feeling that he'll do enough to get himself another contract and then he can really push on and mould the whole squad around the way he wants to play.

One final point, around the time of McCarthy being sacked Dalman said that Tan was in the process of seeking to refinance the club. Admittedly that could mean more debt but it could also mean additional investment from Tan or others. None of us know which but might be worth waiting to see what evolves there before worrying too much about it.
piledriver64

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Completely agree. This year is a wash out, but we may yet end up being safe. Dare I say more by luck than judgement, but I'll take staying up in the hope that ownership changes in the summer.

11 in charge is a long time. People will talk a out the promotions, and rightly so, but this roller coaster ride has always been tainted with issues. I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

Even bigger question, would you accept relegation if it meant a new regime and a fresh start, or safety and another year of u known struggles in the Championship??
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

out of contract players?

Allan,

Wasn't aware needed to reply directly with anyone and as you have noticed recently I have avoided your posts like the plague wonder why? And I thought I addressed both issues discussed in this thread but gues not..... anyway dont worry about it as about to take off to Antigua so be around even less than past couple of weeks :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Enjoy your holiday :thumbright:

You would reply to every topic of mine, but never reply when I would answer you with a question, at least 30 times?
I’m glad as you were like my shadow.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:44 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
C27311F3-F22C-480A-A8E3-991795CADE0D.jpeg
C27311F3-F22C-480A-A8E3-991795CADE0D.jpeg (397.2 KiB) Viewed 7662 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:44 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Completely agree. This year is a wash out, but we may yet end up being safe. Dare I say more by luck than judgement, but I'll take staying up in the hope that ownership changes in the summer.

11 in charge is a long time. People will talk a out the promotions, and rightly so, but this roller coaster ride has always been tainted with issues. I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

Even bigger question, would you accept relegation if it meant a new regime and a fresh start, or safety and another year of u known struggles in the Championship??

Safety under the current regime every time. Just ask Sunderland fans, Ipswich fans, Sheff Wed fans, etc., how easy it is to get out of Div 1 even if you've got money !!

I will never agree with you over your comment about Hammam v Tan years. But in reality, Hammam is water under the bridge. He's 5 years older than Tan at 74 and simply doesn't have the personal funds to buy (only $4m according to this https://peopleai.com/fame/identities/sam-hammam ) and then invest.

Now if there are other investors out there (and I don't mean the rumoured bids, I mean full scale takeover talks by reputable investors) that would be a different matter. Newcastle found them but even they come with issues but at our size of club I just can't see it happening in the current financial climate.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Completely agree. This year is a wash out, but we may yet end up being safe. Dare I say more by luck than judgement, but I'll take staying up in the hope that ownership changes in the summer.

Safety under the current regime every time. Just ask Sunderland fans, Ipswich fans, Sheff Wed fans, etc., how easy it is to get out of Div 1 even if you've got money !!

I will never agree with you over your comment about Hammam v Tan years. But in reality, Hammam is water under the bridge. He's 5 years older than Tan at 74 and simply doesn't have the personal funds to buy (only $4m according to this https://peopleai.com/fame/identities/sam-hammam ) and then invest.

Now if there are other investors out there (and I don't mean the rumoured bids, I mean full scale takeover talks by reputable investors) that would be a different matter. Newcastle found them but even they come with issues but at our size of club I just can't see it happening in the current financial climate.

:lol:

Sam only worth that :lol:

He’s just moved back to London and bought his second house in one of the most prestigious parts.

I think you will find Sam is now worth more than Tan.

I am not going to publicly discus Sams person finances , but I can tell you now you are way way way of the mark.

Funny how we are in court case after case and we lose everyone under Tan just them and the Rebrand alone Tan has wasted £50mill

How much do you think large houses in prime positions in London cost?

Sams businesses are in New York and Lebanon.

Plus it’s Tan these last years who has lost a lot of money.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby troobloo3339 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View: The Important Worrying Question Is Next Season :

With MM gone and with luck favoring us recently (and about time we get some luck) - I will not completely rule out relegation , but I believe that we will finish mid table.

Moreover , looking back on how we rallied from hopeless situations under Solskjaer, Trollope, Slade etc and came back under Warnock and McCarthy (immediately after they took charge) ….. I would not belittle dreamers to think that we may even make the playoffs ….. but I believe this to be highly unlikely.

The real important question that is bothering me is not this season but rather - NEXT SEASON !!!!!!

Tan who has had full and complete control for over 11 years seems to have run out of steam or out of money or out of interest in us . Unless he changes tack - as far as I can see - TAN IS A SPENT FORCE ….and he has had his time .

The bottom line is that he has already lost a massive amount of money on us (Dalman said on TV £200 million) and ….. he continues to lose lots (Dalman said £3 million a month ….but that may be less now) but that is totally down to mismanagement / bad management from the top ….. and he has some biggish court cases to deal with ……. and with the team struggling on the pitch and with little prospect of improving the team next season (with some senior players leaving to save wages) . One can never be certain ….but it is possible that the Tan era may be on the wane .

We have some promising youngsters but they need quality around them Def next season or even this January?

There is real uncertainty about Tan and there is uncertainty about the club and it’s future next season . It is all not looking promising.

It’s been stated by Chairman Dalman, No money in January and probably No money next season and Dalman virtually already blaming Tan for how our club has been run over the past years.

We have now had three offers for our club in the last two years, yet Tan remains? so he needs to sort out our present problems as he made them.

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?

Who took over from warnock when we were in 16th place and made the play offs
Losing 2 nil at home to fulham and winning 2 1 away

Why you knocking tan again
I suppose you think its not his £ millions that is paying for our brilliant academy
Our under 18s won again 4 nil sarurday with 5 16yrs old and a 15 yr old
If we get rid of the 9 out of contract players in the summer thats not far off £12 million of wages saved
Bring in 8 freebies on £500 k a year thats £4 million a huge saving of £8 million
Thats good business plus we will have a few more ready from the accademy
So no im not worreed about next year
My priority is staying in the championship this season
As next season looks to me to be in very good hands
Of coarse the fa s need to be up beat and positive
Not doom and gloom and negative l8ke you annis
You say tan.has turned down 3 offers
What and who were themoffers ????
You need to give us those details if you expect us to give our opinions on why tan wont sell ?
Last edited by troobloo3339 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troobloo3339

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

:lol:

Sam only worth that :lol:

He’s just moved back to London and bought his second house in one of the most prestigious parts.

I think you will find Sam is now worth more than Tan.

I am not going to publicly discus Sams person finances , but I can tell you now you are way way way of the mark.

Funny how we are in court case after case and we lose everyone under Tan just them and the Rebrand alone Tan has wasted £50mill

How much do you think large houses in prime positions in London cost?

Sams businesses are in New York and Lebanon.

Plus it’s Tan these last years who has lost a lot of money.

I won't argue with you over Sam's finances, I've put the link up from where I got it from just to prove I didn't make it up, although that site might have from what you have said !!!

Mind you, I would be surprised if his net worth is more than Tan, even now. I can find any site giving Tan's value of any less than $800m and some are saying a lot more.

However, my other points I would stand by.
piledriver64

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Well you may well get your wish on the staying up front, as for new"regime" (hate that term!) I think you may be waiting a bit longer!
No I would never accept relegation, in the HOPE any prospective new owner MAY be better than the one we have! What makes you think we wouldnt possibly struggle under new owners? And we were in the same position with your favourite sam! Who thinks an HONORARY posistion at the club, is worth 15m??
More by luck than judgement? What are you saying, it wasnt the board or owners who signed on morison, backed him over mark Hudson? (When he has clearly stated they were fully behind him).

I get your hatred for tan, but sorry, some of the credit has to go to him! We all voiced our views on here, regarding wanting a young forward thinking manager, youngsters coming through the ranks, no more silly contracts on stupidly high wages, etc etc.well we have them things going on, yet still theres room for criticism from some quarters.

I'm not even thinking of next season if I'm honest, rather concentrate on the one we are in for now, and let's see where we go from here and now.
bluesince62

Postby Ninian27 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm

:banghead:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View: The Important Worrying Question Is Next Season :

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?

Who took over from warnock when we were in 16th place and made the play offs
Losing 2 nil at home to fulham and winning 2 1 away

Why you knocking tan again
I suppose you think its not his £ millions that is paying for our brilliant academy
Our under 18s won again 4 nil sarurday with 5 16yrs old and a 15 yr old
If we get rid of the 9 out of contract players in the summer thats not far off £12 million of wages saved
Bring in 8 freebies on £500 k a year thats £4 million a huge saving of £8 million
Thats good business plus we will have a few more ready from the accademy
So no im not worreed about next year
My priority is staying in the championship this season
As next season looks to me to be in very good hands
Of coarse the fa s need to be up beat and positive
Not doom and gloom and negative l8ke you annis
You say tan.has turned down 3 offers
What and who were themoffers ????
You need to give us those details if you expect us to give our opinions on why tan wont sell ?

Mate you don’t half spout some shit.
Dalman has already said they received two bids so the OP has not made it up
As to
Money from tan, Accademy, City get grants and up to a a mill a year.
f**k me it’s only now we are seeing a couple of players abd only through desperation money from parachute
Did I not read all your kids are in the Accademy?
Where did the OP down the Accademy?
Ninian27

Postby Always City » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Near the bottom of Championship, debt outrageous, squad worthless and yet still tan supporters he took our badge and colour, divided the fans
Finally got a keen young manager as he was cheapest option, I am preying he is the right one :bluebird:
Always City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
E8A15ED4-E074-4170-BD68-BE0B1DC818AB.jpeg
E8A15ED4-E074-4170-BD68-BE0B1DC818AB.jpeg (414.43 KiB) Viewed 7230 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote: I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

If you're right in the head I don't wanna be.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote: I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

In My eyes and many others their have been NO real good years under Tan the minute he stripped us of our identity and divided our fam base.

Plus Our debt is way way higher than when he arrived , less crowds , lower league position and a Committee not even knowing what’s happening at our football club still.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

In My eyes and many others their have been NO real good years under Tan the minute he stripped us of our identity and divided our fam base.

Plus Our debt is way way higher than when he arrived , less crowds , lower league position and a Committee not even knowing what’s happening at our football club still.

It's all down to perspective I guess.I have the same over obsessive hatred for Hamman as you do for Tan but at least we still got a club to follow.

Just my opinion.Hope it doesn't get me banned.
Sneggyblubird

Postby valleyrambill » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:42 pm

I do not want to argue with anyone and as a grown up will not insult anyone just because they disagree with me, but I cannot think of anything good under Tan from the re brand the public fall out with Malky and it goes on and on.

With Sam yes we had bad times but we had some bloody good times under Sam.

I also do not believe a single word Dalman says if an offer came in, Tan would be gone unless it someone he didnt like.

We have now a good young manager who is playing good football with young players something we all wanted but unless Tans gone I can see Morrison doing a good job and then a bigger club will get him especially with no money why would he stay.

That is my worry we have no future with Tan clearly he needs to sell as he does not show any interest in Cardiff city
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I've supported the City for nigh on 50 years, so many would say I'm it right in the head.....
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Next

Return to General Chat