Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Preston 'alarmed' “

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:17 am

Preston 'alarmed' and McAvoy's job under pressure

Preston North End boss Frankie McAvoy's job is under pressure after Cardiff City produced a comeback win up at Deepdale at the weekend, according to LancsLive.

Our sister title report that Saturday's loss to Cardiff has plunged McAvoy's future into doubt as they sit 16th in the table.

LancsLive claim the North End hierarchy are "alarmed" by results following the loss to Cardiff and are now considering the Scot's future at the club.

At the end of the game, the travelling Cardiff fans had to drown out the vociferous boos from the Deepdale faithful, such was the home fans' disappointment with the result.

When asked about his position, McAvoy said: "At the end of the day I am here until such time people say I am not.

"I will give it my utmost and best, I try and do that every day when I come to work and I try and get the players to do that.

"I accept the criticism that comes my way. We need to look at it, look through the bits we think we need to get better at and hopefully we can do that.

"We hoped we'd be higher up the table, but we aren't so I can't stand here and make any excuses about it - we are where we are."