My View: The Important Worrying Question Is

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My View: The Important Worrying Question Is

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote: I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

If you're right in the head I don't wanna be.

In My eyes and many others their have been NO real good years under Tan the minute he stripped us of our identity and divided our fam base.

Plus Our debt is way way higher than when he arrived , less crowds , lower league position and a Committee not even knowing what’s happening at our football club still.

It's all down to perspective I guess.I have the same over obsessive hatred for Hamman as you do for Tan but at least we still got a club to follow.

Just my opinion.Hope it doesn't get me banned.

You know what? Whilst you dislike most if not all my posts, I accept that you have the obsessive hatred for Sam as I do for Tan, and that's fine. How can I have a point of view and not allow others to do the same?

I hope that I have never made my posts personal to any particular poster, and I want nothing more than safety this year, and hope the Summer brings good news.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote: I'd honestly say, the Tan years were not as good as the Sam years.

In My eyes and many others their have been NO real good years under Tan the minute he stripped us of our identity and divided our fam base.

Plus Our debt is way way higher than when he arrived , less crowds , lower league position and a Committee not even knowing what’s happening at our football club still.

It's all down to perspective I guess.I have the same over obsessive hatred for Hamman as you do for Tan but at least we still got a club to follow.

Banned :lol: I am not Tan the Dictator, I love different opinions :thumbright:

Martin,

Please answer :thumbright:

Where were we just before Sam arrived in the league abd what league?
How much was the value of our squad?

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

What was the condition of Ninian Park?

Our club shop. When did it even ever open?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue78 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm

We’ve all just got a managerial appointment that we wanted, a former promotion winning captain on the coaching staff and our first back to back wins of the season against the backdrop of massively improved and more entertaining football over the last few games.

Let’s just enjoy some positivity for a change, rather than the usual Tan bashing again. There is a long way to go between now and next season.

It’s clear we have no money at the moment (and yes much had been wasted), but unless you are in the PL or getting parachute payments then nobody does. Some like Derby and Reading have gambled and have now faced the consequences.

According to football transfers, 10 clubs haven’t spent any money this season and 14 had positive net spend I.e they got in more than they spent (we were one of those later 14 as we sold Glatzel), so we are by no means pushing the boat out but we aren’t lagging behind either.

For comparison, last season we were the 7th highest spenders (ex any Ojo and Wilson loan fees) but Harris couldn’t get the team going. Would loved to have seen what Morison would have done with that squad.

So in answer to the question - I can’t control what does or doesn’t happen so no point worrying about it, but I do expect that there will be significant changes before the end of the season one way or another.
Blue78

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Ninian27 wrote::banghead:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View: The Important Worrying Question Is Next Season :

With MM gone and with luck favoring us recently (and about time we get some luck) - I will not completely rule out relegation , but I believe that we will finish mid table.

Moreover , looking back on how we rallied from hopeless situations under Solskjaer, Trollope, Slade etc and came back under Warnock and McCarthy (immediately after they took charge) ….. I would not belittle dreamers to think that we may even make the playoffs ….. but I believe this to be highly unlikely.

The real important question that is bothering me is not this season but rather - NEXT SEASON !!!!!!

Tan who has had full and complete control for over 11 years seems to have run out of steam or out of money or out of interest in us . Unless he changes tack - as far as I can see - TAN IS A SPENT FORCE ….and he has had his time .

The bottom line is that he has already lost a massive amount of money on us (Dalman said on TV £200 million) and ….. he continues to lose lots (Dalman said £3 million a month ….but that may be less now) but that is totally down to mismanagement / bad management from the top ….. and he has some biggish court cases to deal with ……. and with the team struggling on the pitch and with little prospect of improving the team next season (with some senior players leaving to save wages) . One can never be certain ….but it is possible that the Tan era may be on the wane .

We have some promising youngsters but they need quality around them Def next season or even this January?

There is real uncertainty about Tan and there is uncertainty about the club and it’s future next season . It is all not looking promising.

I am rather worried !! Are you ?

It’s been stated by Chairman Dalman, No money in January and probably No money next season and Dalman virtually already blaming Tan for how our club has been run over the past years.

We have now had three offers for our club in the last two years, yet Tan remains? so he needs to sort out our present problems as he made them.

This is what a football forum is about :bluebird:

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?

Who took over from warnock when we were in 16th place and made the play offs
Losing 2 nil at home to fulham and winning 2 1 away

Why you knocking tan again
I suppose you think its not his £ millions that is paying for our brilliant academy
Our under 18s won again 4 nil sarurday with 5 16yrs old and a 15 yr old
If we get rid of the 9 out of contract players in the summer thats not far off £12 million of wages saved
Bring in 8 freebies on £500 k a year thats £4 million a huge saving of £8 million
Thats good business plus we will have a few more ready from the accademy
So no im not worreed about next year
My priority is staying in the championship this season
As next season looks to me to be in very good hands
Of coarse the fa s need to be up beat and positive
Not doom and gloom and negative l8ke you annis
You say tan.has turned down 3 offers
What and who were themoffers ????
You need to give us those details if you expect us to give our opinions on why tan wont sell ?

Mate you don’t half spout some shit.
Dalman has already said they received two bids so the OP has not made it up
As to
Money from tan, Accademy, City get grants and up to a a mill a year.
f**k me it’s only now we are seeing a couple of players abd only through desperation money from parachute
Did I not read all your kids are in the Accademy?
Where did the OP down the Accademy?

He doesn't say the bids were made up though did he? He was pointing out that we know nothing of the details of these bids, we know one was sam, and was turned down, the 2nd from a yank consortium? And the 3rd? Haven't read anything on that one as of yet, but the 1st from sam was turned down, as tan didnt like the offer, or the person behind it, his choice.the 2nd we heard was accepted.but they pulled out cos of the debts? Well I for one wouldnt want a consortium loke that, as where was the due diligence from them, when making an offer?? Cos if I was buying a car, I'd want to see paperwork etc, BEFORE making an offer!!they didnt obviously do their homework on us?

And the 3rd? Could of been a piss poor offer for all we know?
As for the consortium bid, read an awful lot of comments on those down west on here, and their consortium, taking the piss on how they stripping the club back etc! Yet we would accept possibly the same situation at our club, as long as it gets rid of Tan?? Not me sorry.
Anx the last parachute payment was swallowed by players wages, who were PAID in full, by the club, not through furlough! It is obvious we couldnt keep going the way we were, big contracts,on high wages,having to pay off x amount of players and managers, we needed to gain some semblance of self sustainability, which I believe we are moving towards
And I'm glad our owner os using due diligence on ANY prospective buyer/s, he said he wouldn't leave us in the hands of anyone, who didnt fit what he sees as a must regards plans/finance, or he feels don't have the interest of the club at heart.
I will no doubt now be called a "tan lover" etc, but I'm happy to have him here at the moment.
bluesince62

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

Whatever Hamman did when he took us over was ultimately undone before he left.All the questions you ask have nothing to do with Tan.And your first question right back at yer."Where were we just before Tan arrived."At least we still have a club to argue about. :lol: If Derby don't find the 29m they owe the taxman they'll be wound up,no ifs or buts,or weeping fans will save them.That may well have be us in the past and I don't think we owed anything like 29m.(I can't remember the exact figure)I don't see the point in argueing further as your views are well known though I doubt there giving Tan any sleepless nights.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

Whatever Hamman did when he took us over was ultimately undone before he left.All the questions you ask have nothing to do with Tan.And your first question right back at yer."Where were we just before Tan arrived."At least we still have a club to argue about. :lol: If Derby don't find the 29m they owe the taxman they'll be wound up,no ifs or buts,or weeping fans will save them.That may well have be us in the past and I don't think we owed anything like 29m.(I can't remember the exact figure)I don't see the point in argueing further as your views are well known though I doubt there giving Tan any sleepless nights.

So you never answered my questions :lol: :lol:

I rest my case.

As to saying it was all undone before he left, that was media bullshit 90% of it.

I have seen the facts not the media or hearsay .

But not answering my questions :roll: :roll:

I would of had some respect for you Martin, if you had just answered a few simple questions honestly.

As they say some people hate the truth and you are one of them.

Oh by the way £24mill with a squad worth £32mill left behind and outline planning costing £60mill all passed abd top of the Championship. ALL FACTS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blueman39 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 pm

I can’t see how Sams years were better than Tans...new stadium, premier league footy ...we have to move on from the branding debacle at some stage!
As for this season / next season...I just hope we can keep picking up points and feel confident enough that we will be in the championship next season.”...couple of loans in January will help.
Next season is probably our most important but unpredictable in years with so many experienced players out of contract and with the possibility of Morison not being in charge ( who knows!)
I hope we keep at least 3 or 4 of those players out of contract and bring in some new but experienced blood.
If we do , then we should be ok next year on the pitch....off the pitch largely depends on Tans businesses bouncing back for him to re invest in our club
Blueman39

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

I rest my case.

As to saying it was all undone before he left, that was media bullshit 90% of it.

I would of had some respect for you Martin, if you had just answered a few simple questions honestly.

Oh by the way £24mill with a squad worth £32mill left behind and outline planning costing £60mill all passed abd top of the Championship. ALL FACTS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I said previously I admire your loyalty to Sam.

However, reading your final comments anyone would think there were no problems prior to or upon Sam leaving which even you know is plain wrong.

What about the the court cases (High and County) for monies owed by Sam’s regime, it was more than 15 at one point and way more over a period of time.

What about the fact that whilst you are correct about the outline planning permission the Cardiff City Council hade made it quite clear that they weren’t taking it any further whilst Sam was in charge as they couldn’t work with him ?

What about Black Friday or having to sell our best players season after season ?

What about HMRC and Winding Up orders ?

The club was a sleeping giant and Sam kicked it back to life, of that there can be no doubt. He should always be credited with that.

However, his time was up and Cardiff City may well have gone out of business if he hadn’t gone.

As I have said before. Let’s not re-write history, Sam stayed too long and we very nearly lost the club that we ALL love because of that.

By the way, for balance, Tan didn’t actually save us either in my opinion. Even after Sam went we were still up to our necks in debt, but it was when TG got involved things started to stabilise and he brought in Tan to dig us out of the financial hole we were in.

Whilst Tan is in charge we are financially stable as he has the finance to keep us, at least, alive.
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:15 pm

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ardiffcity

This is a decent article. Some mistakes in there (Gabbiadon youth player) but also some good figures.

Talk about debt all you like but the debt went from 1.5 million to 24 million plus under Sam. However the rewards for that were great and it was some of the best times in any of our memories watching the City. However as others have stated it wasn’t all roses. Much like Tan’s time at the club.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:01 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

I rest my case.

However, reading your final comments anyone would think there were no problems prior to or upon Sam leaving which even you know is plain wrong.

What about the the court cases (High and County) for monies owed by Sam’s regime, it was more than 15 at one point and way more over a period of time.

What about the fact that whilst you are correct about the outline planning permission the Cardiff City Council hade made it quite clear that they weren’t taking it any further whilst Sam was in charge as they couldn’t work with him ?

What about Black Friday or having to sell our best players season after season ?

The club was a sleeping giant and Sam kicked it back to life, of that there can be no doubt. He should always be credited with that.

However, his time was up and Cardiff City may well have gone out of business if he hadn’t gone.

As I have said before. Let’s not re-write history, Sam stayed too long and we very nearly lost the club that we ALL love because of that.

By the way, for balance, Tan didn’t actually save us either in my opinion. Even after Sam went we were still up to our necks in debt, but it was when TG got involved things started to stabilise and he brought in Tan to dig us out of the financial hole we were in.

Whilst Tan is in charge we are financially stable as he has the finance to keep us, at least, alive.

Sam ran out of funds due to Riddler , PMG etc back stabbing him and stopping him having the stadium .
Season after season selling players????????
One season and before Sam came we never even had players worth anything.

The ones you should be blaming are Paul Guy and Mike Hall who made over £100mill. Walked away not with a care in the world for our club.
But you don’t mention them because you only read the media lies.

HMRC never were a problem under Sam a fact???

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

I rest my case.

Sam ran out of funds due to Riddler , PMG etc back stabbing him and stopping him having the stadium .

The ones you should be blaming are Paul Guy and Mike Hall who made over £100mill. Walked away not with a care in the world for our club.

You are quite right to pull me up on not mentioning PMG and the Riddler, probably best I don't say what I think about them as they would probably claim it's libellous !! But I don't disagree with you on that point for sure.

I'll take your word for HMRC although I think you also know that those problems only came to light after Sam left as tax is payable retrospectively.

So you've picked me up on those points but are you going to admit what I've said about the court cases that were lining up in Sam's time ? Please don't deny that because you and I know that is fact.
piledriver64

Postby Whistler » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 am

Managing and operating a professional football club, is close to madness, Club Owners after buy them as an expensive plaything. Why on earth would any successful businessman pay £30M for a club with a stadium which ran at a possible lose of £12M if you are lucky (thats a guess). You are in a world that its likely that on the field of "operation" there is only a 1 in 10 chance of success. Throw into the mix having to pay massive salaries to players and managers, and what have you got looks like economics of the mad house!

So enter various owners, they start with all the good intentions under the sun and then as the plot unfolds they have to start making compromising decisions which start taking the whole operation in the wrong direction, and often these owners get into a club without a clue what is involved, they then start making decisions that are part football based and part business based this is a recipe for decline. So enter a new owner and then repeat the process!

We only have to look at the many different owner down the years right back to the Dweys in the 70s ( I am not sure of the spelling there) City have had their share of crazy owners down the years as I am sure many other clubs would say the same.

The last 20 years have been "very interesting" to say the least, I just think we are due for a change of an owner lets see what launatic comes through the door next. :roll:
Whistler

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:41 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin,

Who wanted to buy us?

What were the crowds?

I rest my case.

You are quite right to pull me up on not mentioning PMG and the Riddler, probably best I don't say what I think about them as they would probably claim it's libellous !! But I don't disagree with you on that point for sure.

I'll take your word for HMRC although I think you also know that those problems only came to light after Sam left as tax is payable retrospectively.

So you've picked me up on those points but are you going to admit what I've said about the court cases that were lining up in Sam's time ? Please don't deny that because you and I know that is fact.

Cheers :thumbright: about PMG etc

Remember Sam left a squad worth beyond £millions and a club top of the Championship and all outline planing for the new stadium.

This current debt we have is made by Tan, No one else. He has controlled our club for nearly 12 years .

Sam admits he made mistakes.

Tan continues to let idiots run our club.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 am

Nigel Harris aka Nigel Blues
Replied on FB:

Very difficult next summer ahead, if not before. Tan, for all the good he has done (even if I can never forgive the rebrand personally), has created the debt and failed to make good his promises to convert debt to equity.

The club has lost all value, not even got the playing assets we once had, and the fanbase has eroded and will need considerable effort to bring back. Without question, a full rebuild is needed next summer.

The club can't wait until then, the plans and aims must start now. Our indecisions already have sent the club backwards.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:04 am

At no time have I tried to say that anyone other than the current regime is responsible for current levels of debt.

However, what I am saying, very loudly, is that there were significant monetary problems during Sam's time and anyone saying otherwise is incorrect. Although, to be fair, I note that you aren't denying the numbers of court cases that I referred to.

As for the outline planning permission, that was of minimal use at that time as the council had already said that the project was going nowhere whilst Sam was at the helm as they didn't trust him and were concerned about his ability to deliver the additional funding/investors that would be required to finalise the build. The project needed the council on board as it was their lease that would allow the development. It was only after Sam left that the project was able to get some of the key leasers on board like Costco, Asda, Next, etc.

If any, creditable and reputable, offer comes in that meets Tans valuation then I would be quite happy if Tan wants to walk away but I just don't see that happening at the moment given the current climate.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 am

Replies FB:
Attachments
FEBC0CF6-B4B5-4080-9D50-337CB82D8BB7.jpeg
FEBC0CF6-B4B5-4080-9D50-337CB82D8BB7.jpeg (250.18 KiB) Viewed 2204 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 am

piledriver64 wrote:At no time have I tried to say that anyone other than the current regime is responsible for current levels of debt.

However, what I am saying, very loudly, is that there were significant monetary problems during Sam's time and anyone saying otherwise is incorrect. Although, to be fair, I note that you aren't denying the numbers of court cases that I referred to.

As for the outline planning permission, that was of minimal use at that time as the council had already said that the project was going nowhere whilst Sam was at the helm as they didn't trust him and were concerned about his ability to deliver the additional funding/investors that would be required to finalise the build. The project needed the council on board as it was their lease that would allow the development. It was only after Sam left that the project was able to get some of the key leasers on board like Costco, Asda, Next, etc.

If any, creditable and reputable, offer comes in that meets Tans valuation then I would be quite happy if Tan wants to walk away but I just don't see that happening at the moment given the current climate.

Some on here argue that it’s not Tans fault, our current problems.

The difference is Sam admits his mistakes, but Tan and his Committee DONT on theirs, they blame every manager etc etc

They formed a Committee 5 yrs ago and said they take total responsibility.

You have a Chairman Dalman who does not give a flying f**k for our club in my eyes abs many others.

You have a CEO who lives in London, Knows nothing about football and continues to make jokes and leaks everything.

The Committee in My opinion is a complete joke.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

With MM gone and with luck favoring us recently (and about time we get some luck) - I will not completely rule out relegation , but I believe that we will finish mid table.

Moreover , looking back on how we rallied from hopeless situations under Solskjaer, Trollope, Slade etc and came back under Warnock and McCarthy (immediately after they took charge) ….. I would not belittle dreamers to think that we may even make the playoffs ….. but I believe this to be highly unlikely.

The real important question that is bothering me is not this season but rather - NEXT SEASON !!!!!!

Tan who has had full and complete control for over 11 years seems to have run out of steam or out of money or out of interest in us . Unless he changes tack - as far as I can see - TAN IS A SPENT FORCE ….and he has had his time .

The bottom line is that he has already lost a massive amount of money on us (Dalman said on TV £200 million) and ….. he continues to lose lots (Dalman said £3 million a month ….but that may be less now) but that is totally down to mismanagement / bad management from the top ….. and he has some biggish court cases to deal with ……. and with the team struggling on the pitch and with little prospect of improving the team next season (with some senior players leaving to save wages) . One can never be certain ….but it is possible that the Tan era may be on the wane .

We have some promising youngsters but they need quality around them Def next season or even this January?

There is real uncertainty about Tan and there is uncertainty about the club and it’s future next season . It is all not looking promising.

It’s been stated by Chairman Dalman, No money in January and probably No money next season and Dalman virtually already blaming Tan for how our club has been run over the past years.

We have now had three offers for our club in the last two years, yet Tan remains? so he needs to sort out our present problems as he made them.

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?

I suppose you think its not his £ millions that is paying for our brilliant academy
If we get rid of the 9 out of contract players in the summer thats not far off £12 million of wages saved
Bring in 8 freebies on £500 k a year thats £4 million a huge saving of £8 million
You need to give us those details if you expect us to give our opinions on why tan wont sell ?

As to
f**k me it’s only now we are seeing a couple of players abd only through desperation money from parachute

I tried replying to your crap yesterday but my posts were bocked
Will answer you in detail later this morning as im leaving for a dr appointment
troobloo3339

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

YOUR VIEWS / OPINIONS?

As to

I tried replying to your crap yesterday but my posts were bocked
Will answer you in detail later this morning as im leaving for a dr appointment

Steve,

Just looked for you , your name was 100% not blocked and NEVER ever would be :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Three ips were, I’ve unblocked them all.

And the above poster has NO right in saying you talk crap, as your a very passionate and good poster :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:At no time have I tried to say that anyone other than the current regime is responsible for current levels of debt.

The difference is Sam admits his mistakes, but Tan and his Committee DONT on theirs, they blame every manager etc etc

You have a Chairman Dalman who does not give a flying f**k for our club in my eyes abs many others.

You have a CEO who lives in London, Knows nothing about football and continues to make jokes and leaks everything.

But it's the only one we've got at the moment and probably the only one we're going to have for the foreseeable future. Sam is in the past and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club again.

We'll know more about the actual financial position after the January window and, more importantly, next summer because the transfer activity will tell all.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But it's the only one we've got at the moment and probably the only one we're going to have for the foreseeable future. Sam is in the past and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club again.

We'll know more about the actual financial position after the January window and, more importantly, next summer because the transfer activity will tell all.

That’s your opinion on Sam and your entitled to it.

But We are not going forward with this Regime and have actually gone completely backwards.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 am

I would say lets wait and see but things look a lot better than they did on the 2nd of October where we had just lost 12 games in a row with Mick McCarthy and the football was terrible and the team looked absolutely clueless.

Now in a short space of time we have hope and positivity, with a young Manager and young team, talk of trying to add pace and attacking wing power !!!

Brown, Vassell, Morrison, Murphy aren't in the team anyway, and some of the others can be easily be replaced, so it could be the perfect time to reboot the team and go again with a younger faster hungrier squad :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Bluebina

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 am

Our club shop. When did it even ever open?[/quote]

Whatever Hamman did when he took us over was ultimately undone before he left.All the questions you ask have nothing to do with Tan.And your first question right back at yer."Where were we just before Tan arrived."At least we still have a club to argue about. :lol: If Derby don't find the 29m they owe the taxman they'll be wound up,no ifs or buts,or weeping fans will save them.That may well have be us in the past and I don't think we owed anything like 29m.(I can't remember the exact figure)I don't see the point in argueing further as your views are well known though I doubt there giving Tan any sleepless nights.[/quote]

I rest my case.

Oh by the way £24mill with a squad worth £32mill left behind and outline planning costing £60mill all passed abd top of the Championship. ALL FACTS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:[/quote]

Whilst Tan is in charge we are financially stable as he has the finance to keep us, at least, alive.[/quote]

HMRC never were a problem under Sam a fact???[/quote]

Remember Sam left a squad worth beyond £millions and a club top of the Championship and all outline planing for the new stadium.

This current debt we have is made by Tan, No one else. He has controlled our club for nearly 12 years .

Sam admits he made mistakes.

Tan continues to let idiots run our club.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

How much was that squad really worth?

They finished 13th that season. Never were going to stay up the top. No squad depth sadly as players like Earnie, Collins, Kav, Gabbiadon, Thorne had been sold. Where did that money go?

Again it was an absolute amazing ride under Sam but squad wise we were a lot poorer than we had been even 18 months before. We were still in Ninian Park, debt vs assets meant we were in a precarious position financially.

Absolutely PMG fucked Sam over. But they were only able to because of the mistakes Sam admitted he made. Very, very sad as had we made the premier league when we had Earnie, Gabbs etc I think we really could have built something lasting. Companies would have been gagging to get a spot near a premier league ground and the council wouldn’t have been so easily influenced by PMG.
maccydee

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Strange you were all over the malky promotion as being great
And ive been told from a good source that tans debt is down.to £62 million so he must have reduced our debt to him considerably by cutting costs and the parachute payments ??? Hmmm
troobloo3339

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

And ive been told from a good source that tans debt is down.to £62 million so he must have reduced our debt to him considerably by cutting costs and the parachute payments ??? Hmmm

I think Keith has said similar.

The debt is nowhere near as bad as is made out. Plus there is one person responsible for it which means we aren’t likely to face the issues we faced in the past with possibility of being wound up.

When Tan took us over there was debt to Sam and about a million others plus we were losing millions a month due ti Ridsdale’s shocking management of the club. The debt was always going to rise exponentially.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I was for Malky and still am, never changed.

Steve , I just told you on the phone the debt :lol:

Also I just found a video of you singing for Malky against Tan on one of Carlos away trips :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Neil,

The debt rose from £56mill from the Riddler to nearly £170 mill under Tan.

It’s been reduced thanks to the parachute payments last three years and we now have a squad not worth much at the moment.

In a relegation battle and low home crowds.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ninian27 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Tan has played with us long enough, he needs to move on now :thumbright:
Ninian27

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Ninian27 wrote:Tan has played with us long enough, he needs to move on now :thumbright:

Who.you got in mind ????
troobloo3339

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm

If fans really knew the truth, PMG were the real Rats, who just took took from our club.

Forever Blue
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat