Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am

I will be really surprised if all our loan players do not come back in January, and I would not be surprised to see some of our players who's contracts are up at end of season, leaving in January.

I am also expecting to see a number of loans coming in during the January window ;) :ayatollah:

Re: MY THOUGHTS!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:I will be really surprised if all our loan players do not come back in January, and I would not be surprised to see some of our players who's contracts are up at end of season, leaving in January.

I am also expecting to see a number of loans coming in during the January window ;) :ayatollah:

Leave murphy where he is the other 3 yes
Might aswell get rid of any of the out of contract highnearners as we can in january
Especially those not playing or any we have cover for
Smithies and morrison spring to mind

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:54 pm

At the moment, the only player I would bring back is in January is Wintle. He’s done really well at Blackpool. Could make a difference. Even if he’s not a starter, Ralls has had a few niggles the past two seasons so Wintle will provide cover. With the number of games we have we could rotate in midfield a bit more. Not sure Pack will have the legs to keep playing week in week out.

Hopefully Collins will start to find the net more after breaking his duck against Preston. I’d only bring back Watters if Collins continues to misfire or gets injured. Watters having a season playing regularly will benefit us and him more in longer term. Would like Zimba to be given a chance.

Murphy has talent but he’s failed to deliver time after time. Unless Morison thinks he can reinvigorate him I would prefer to give Isaak Davies game time.

Interesting what you said about players out of contract in sumner going out in January. Wonder if we will try and loan out Sean Morrison for rest of the season to free up his high wages. Would could sign a younger centre back on loan from premier league and possible another winger or full back. Would love Tutu back from Arsenal. Would make sense but would be a shame if that happens. He’s been a good player for us. No time for sentiment given our league position though.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Id like to see Wintle brought back but Considering we have pack, vaulks, ralls and bacuna who play the DM role, is it worth brining him back? If its a choice between bringing wintle back or bringing in a winger/forward on loan, we would probably be better off bringing in a loan. The players mentioned are out of contract next season so it looks like he'll replace one of them. He/we would be better off if he had a full season at Blackpool than being a squad player here.

Same goes for Murphy, we would be paying 20k a week if he's back here. Id rather bring someone else in than give him another chance.

I still don't think there is a lot between Harris and watters and watters will be better off with a full season in league 1 than a squad player here.

Id definitely bring back whyte. We need wingers, he works hard and his pace will always cause the opposition problems. I still think he'd make a good wingback so could provide cover there as well.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Agree with City Slicker over the loanees.
Leave Wintle where he is, as he's only ever played League 1 and 2 level football.
We have plenty of experienced cover in his position, and we will get back an experienced Championship player for free next season.
Murphy, I would like to see with his pace and trickery for us, but we all know he will not perform as he is a gutless waster. Save money by leaving him there, if they want to keep him. Which seems doubtful at the moment.

Watters is now scoring at League 1 level (the highest he has ever played) so leave him there to continue his development and see if he can maintain it. If he can we have another more experienced player available for next season, for free, if not he will be worth something due to his scoring record this season. Mark Harris can play his role for us, and it gives him a chance to see if he can develop further with more game time. Win win situation for City this season, and next.

Whyte is the only one to bring back. He cannot develop further in League 1, and we need to see if he can play regularly at Championship level. As others have said try him as a wing back, as he seems hard working and gets up and down the pitch well. Improve his defensive play and we could have a very good player at the club.