Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' TUESDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2021 '

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:45 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: STEVE MORISON UPDATED CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tuesday 23rd November 2021

STEVE MORISON:

Pretty easy so far! ?
It’s not down to me, it’s down to the players. I’m just here to create an environment to work and be happy.

I just try to give them the tools to do it.

Morison

Not scored in the first half?

That’s for you lot to talk about, not me! It’s irrelevant. It’s just stuff for you to talk about.

Morison

Moore and Collins together?

STEVE MORISON:

I haven’t thought about it, if I’m honest.

I don’t know. Food for thought.

I haven’t had them two both fit at the same time, I’ve only been in the job for three weeks. Something to think about!

Morison

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: “ READ ALL STEVE MORISON’S UPDATES BELOW “ :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat down with Zimba?

STEVE MORISON:

Yeah, we do it with all the under-23s players. You go through all the clips with each player and show them where they could be better and the things they do well.

Some people learn on the grass, some people learn on the computer.

I did it with Chanka this morning. He picks the clips out and I talk him through those clips.

It’s not just the under-23s, it happens across the board.

Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON:

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:45 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Kieffer Moore?

No new injury updates. He might be, he might not be [available].

If I tell you what is happening - I might as well ring up Hull and tell them our line-up for tomorrow night!

Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Joe Ralls?

The same as he was on the weekend. No new injury updates. It’s as we were

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:50 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Given youngsters a chance, how key are they to how you’re trying to play?

It’s not because they played under me before. It’s just a case of maybe I trust them a bit more.

I just pick the best XI for the game to what I want to carry out - the game plan.

James Collins and Mark Harris both will have wanted to start the game on Saturday and would have walked in on Thursday and Friday expecting to start the game because Kieffer was unavailable.

But there was a bigger picture.

Round pegs in round holes. I’m not just going to fit people in just because they are a senior member of the squad.

From my point of view it’s what fits best for that game and those moments. I live and die by those decisions. It’s on me then.

Age is irrelevant. You’re asked to carry out a job - whether you’re 17 or 33 - it’s up to you to carry that job out.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Trust a big part?

STEVE MORISON:

Yeah, I trust them a little bit more because I’ve seen them do it in the under-23s.

It’s a big step and Chanka Zimba found that out on Saturday.

I think he lost the ball every time he got it - which he wouldn’t have done in the under-23s.

It was a different level - a bigger test. We have gone through the game with him, now he understands he has to get the basics right. Get hold of the ball and keep hold of it.

Being able to give him the opportunity to learn in those 45 minutes is invaluable.

Morison

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ' TUESDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2021 '

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm

New Manager Steve Morison :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City 3 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: Crowd 21,413. Away Support ( 920 ) :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 3 Cardiff City 0 Queens Park Rangers 1 Crowd 16,882 Away Support (703) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Nov 6 Cardiff City 2 Huddersfield Town 1 Crowd 17,355. Away Support ( 710) :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20 Preston North End 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: Crowd Away Support ( )

Wed Nov 24 Cardiff City v Hull City

Sat Nov 27 Luton Town v Cardiff City

Sat Dec 4 Sheffield United H

Sat Dec 11 Birmingham City A

Sat Dec 18 Derby County H Now 12:30pm :bluebird:

Sun Dec 26 Coventry City H

Thursday 7:45pm Dec 29 A.F.C. Bournemouth A

Sunday 2pm Jan 2 West Bromwich Albion A

UPDATED:

‘’Derby County 21 points deducted / But fighting for every point.

‘Reading 6 points deducted and fighting for every point.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:57 pm

A big goal for Collins?

STEVE MORISON:

It’s difficult. We say he has had a difficult time in front of goal, he didn’t really get many chances.

He had a shot from the edge of the box in the second half and then scored the goal. If he has a ratio of 1 in 2 he will score a hell of a lot of goals.

It was hell of a nice header and hopefully there will be more to come

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Sat down with Zimba?

Yeah, we do it with all the under-23s players. You go through all the clips with each player and show them where they could be better and the things they do well.

Some people learn on the grass, some people learn on the computer.

I did it with Chanka this morning. He picks the clips out and I talk him through those clips.

It’s not just the under-23s, it happens across the board.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:58 pm

STEVE MORISON:

How big is the Hull game?

The bigger thing is giving the fans three points at home again.

The season is not going to be defined now or Wednesday night. It’ll be defined over the longer period.

Whether this was Hull or anyone, it’s a case of getting three points.

We need to make Cardiff City Stadium a fortress, people shouldn’t enjoy coming to play there.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:00 pm

How is Sean Morrison taking to being on the bench?

STEVE MORISON:

He played the first two games. I rested him for the third game. I changed the team, not just him, a few players, four changes for the Huddersfield game.

Mozza has been here for a long time and has been a great servant - he continues to be that.

He has been excellent around the training ground. Excellent around the place. Anything I need, I pick up the phone and he is the first person I call. He is a professional.

He is not happy and he shouldn’t be happy. No one should be happy about not playing.

If he was bouncing around the place because he is happy about it then something is wrong!

But all the players are spot on. They are professional and everyone is a part of it.

That’s what we are trying to create here, it’s a team not a bunch of individuals.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Not scored in the first half?

That’s for you lot to talk about, not me! It’s irrelevant. It’s just stuff for you to talk about.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Joe Ralls’ problem?

STEVE MORISON:

He was ill. He travelled with us to Preston. He didn’t feel that great on Thursday evening, trained Friday, woke up Saturday morning and couldn’t keep any food down.

We stuck him in a car and sent him back down to Cardiff.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Tom Sang playing for under-23s?

STEVE MORISON:

He needs to play football. I can’t put people on the pitch who haven’t played games of football.

He is fit as in injury-free, but he needs to play football.

With Kieron Evans being back fully fit, that meant that Sangy could be free to play for the under-23s.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Best position?

There is scope for him to play anywhere across the middle. He can play that right-side role if we need and I think he could play in a front three.

It’s a conversation I had with him when he was in the under-23s. Where is Tom Sang’s best position? What is the best for Tom Sang?

I think it is still a question for debate.

When and if he gets in the team then maybe that’s what we concentrate on going forward.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm

What do you think his best position is?

STEVE MORISON:

He is a dream to have in your squad.

He will do a good job and an honest job in any of those positions. I think it would be unfair for me to say he is limited to one position, because I don’t think he is.

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Moore and Collins together?

STEVE MORISON:

I haven’t thought about it, if I’m honest.

I don’t know. Food for thought.

I haven’t had them two both fit at the same time, I’ve only been in the job for three weeks. Something to think about!

Morison

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm

'He's not happy and he shouldn’t be happy!' Steve Morison's candid admission over Cardiff City star as he remains coy on Kieffer Moore

The Bluebirds manager spoke ahead of the crucial clash with Hull City on Wednesday evening

Steve Morison said Cardiff City skipper Sean Morrison is understandably "not happy" about being left out in recent matches

Steve Morison admitted Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison is unhappy over his recent omissions from the starting line-up but insisted he has been a great help during the manager's short reign in charge.

Morrison has struggled with fitness issues all season with a succession of problems and, as a result, his form has dipped slightly.

That has seen him lose his spot in the last two games to Mark McGuinness, who has formed part of a back three alongside Aden Flint and Curtis Nelson.

But Morison said the Bluebirds skipper is the first person he calls if ever he needs anything and he has been a model pro around the place despite losing his spot in the team.

STEVE MORISON:

"Mozza has been here for a long time and has been a great servant - he continues to be that," Morison said.

"He has been excellent around the training ground. Excellent around the place. Anything I need, I pick up the phone and he is the first person I call. He is a professional.

"He is not happy and he shouldn’t be happy. No one should be happy about not playing.

"If he was bouncing around the place because he is happy about it then something is wrong!

"But all the players are spot on. They are professional and everyone is a part of it.

"That’s what we are trying to create here, it’s a team not a bunch of individuals."

The Bluebirds are hoping to record a third successive win when they take on Hull City on Wednesday evening.

Morison has overseen two consecutive comeback wins over Huddersfield Town and Preston North End and want to go one better and make that points tally look healthier with another one in the victory column.

Whether he will have star striker Kieffer Moore available remains to be seen, though, with the manager extremely coy over the player's fitness, having left him out at the weekend following his exploits with Wales.

STEVE MORISON:

"No new injury updates," Morison said. "[Moore] might be available, he might not be.

"If I tell you what is happening - I might as well ring up Hull and tell them our line-up for tomorrow night!"

Whether Moore will be available or not, there will no doubt be a feelgood vibe enveloping Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday night following the recent run of results.

And Morison hopes that he can give the home fans something to cheer about and make the stadium a fortress for the rest of the season.

"The big thing is giving the fans three points at home again," Morison added.

"The season is not going to be defined now or Wednesday night. It’ll be defined over the longer period.

"Whether this was Hull or anyone, it’s a case of getting three points.

"We need to make Cardiff City Stadium a fortress, people shouldn’t enjoy coming to play there and we enjoy playing there."

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:26 pm

' Zimba's learning curve '

Morison believes that Chanka Zimba will have learnt more from 45 minutes of football at Preston than he would have done in his entire youth-team career to date.

Morison said he went through footage of the match with the 19-year-old striker to pick out things he did well and his work-ons, but, ultimately, the biggest learning curve was being able to play those 45 minutes.

Morison hopes Zimba comes back stronger for it.

STEVE MORISON:

"It’s a huge step and Chanka Zimba found that out on Saturday," Morison said.

"He had 45 minutes where he is going to learn far more than he has ever done in an under-23s game.

"I think he lost the ball every time he got it - which he wouldn’t have done in the under-23s.

"It was a different level - a bigger test.

"We have gone through the game with him, now he understands, to do anything else he wants to do on the football pitch, he has to get the basics right. As a striker, when the ball comes in to your feet, you need to get hold of the ball.

"Being able to give him the opportunity to learn in a Championship game of football those 45 minutes was invaluable.

"It'll stand us and him in good stead in the future."

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:30 pm

' Tom Sang can play anywhere '

Morison has left the door ajar for Tom Sang moving into to a more advanced position.

Many believe Sang, who typically played at right wing-back, could be a useful asset in the middle of the park or even on the wing.

Morison, who has known the player for some time, having coaxed him through at under-23s level, said he could even go one further and operate as part of a front three. Something which will be music to some fans' ears.

"There is scope for him to play anywhere across the middle," Morison said. "He can play that right-side role if we need and I think he could play in a front three.

STEVE MORISON:

"It’s a conversation I had with him when he was in the under-23s. Where is Tom Sang’s best position? What is the best for Tom Sang?

"I think it is still a question for debate.

"When and if he gets in the team then maybe that’s what we concentrate on going forward."

When pressed on what he believed Sang's best position to be, Morison said: "He is a dream to have in your squad.

"He will do a good job and an honest job in any of those positions. I think it would be unfair for me to say he is limited to one position, because I don’t think he is."

Sang will not feature against Hull City on Wednesday night due to him playing 75 minutes for the under-23s on Tuesday afternoon.