Should Mick McCarthy have been booted out earlier ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Whistler » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:14 pm

During that very dark period which eventually saw the end of the McCarthy reign, it was clear to everyone watching that he had totally lost the plot, from the stands it was totally all over the place. Its now starting to come out that the players were as confused as the rest of us about what was being asked, its clear that he had totally lost the dressing room.

I think it was left too long until he was sacked, in a weird sort of way maybe Vincent Tan was too soft with him ! :old:
Whistler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby eddiep » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:28 am

Left it way too long.
Lost dressing room, shape, fight and motivation..

Writing on the wall early when he ditched pace for defenders in pre season. Any Bare squad need a way and togetherness to get results against all the better quality sides.
His team choices, and player management shite.
His fans management shite.

Should have gone 4 games before as it was an impossible pull back.
Serious danger now.

We all need to get behind them now.
Give them our support...
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Re: Should Mick McCarthy have been booted out earlier ?

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:25 am

Title edited, as some thought you were resurrecting the Malky debate... ;) :laughing6:

As for the actual subject, I'm surprised the question has even been raised, given the amount of airing and debate the situation surrounding Mick McCarthy had during the lean spell and before

Not too sure many wanted him when he was appointed?

There was a spike after the initial 'new manager bounce' (although most were still against the knee-jerk contract award) and it went downhill slowly from pre-season (strange decisions on the player front) and rapidly after a 'lucky' start was followed by a couple of large losses, including the West Wales Cup Final (theirs not ours)

Never a long term leader for us...

But we move on and support the new man in place... :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:59 am

YES:

Because behind the scenes the players etc had had enough of him and his attitude.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:24 pm

Sven wrote:Title edited, as some thought you were resurrecting the Malky debate... ;) :laughing6:

As for the actual subject, I'm surprised the question has even been raised, given the amount of airing and debate the situation surrounding Mick McCarthy had during the lean spell and before

There was a spike after the initial 'new manager bounce' (although most were still against the knee-jerk contract award) and it went downhill slowly from pre-season (strange decisions on the player front) and rapidly after a 'lucky' start was followed by a couple of large losses, including the West Wales Cup Final (theirs not ours)

That is changing history to say most were against contract award. I remember it being pretty unanimous for new contract.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:Title edited, as some thought you were resurrecting the Malky debate... ;) :laughing6:

That is changing history to say most were against contract award. I remember it being pretty unanimous for new contract.

Maybe, Neil; I can recall people of both persuasions on here but I know 100% my stated view was not to give him a contract at that time

The irony of that is I might have given him support to carry on this season (not two) given his initial impact, so it just goes to show it's not an exact science :thumbright: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 am

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Maybe, Neil; I can recall people of both persuasions on here but I know 100% my stated view was not to give him a contract at that time

The irony of that is I might have given him support to carry on this season (not two) given his initial impact, so it just goes to show it's not an exact science :thumbright: :laughing6:

Maybe people felt two years was a bit much but after the immediate impact he had it certainly looked like he could take us places.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:05 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Maybe people felt two years was a bit much but after the immediate impact he had it certainly looked like he could take us places.

Its going to be one of those mysteries why it went all wrong after a very positive start.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Too right much earlier, playing a team full of centre halves was a clue, and getting stuffed week after week should have been a clue!!!
Bluebina

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Yes.
Big Hill Blue

Return to General Chat