Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: SOME GOOD FOOTBALL FROM CARDIFF /BUT WE ARE MISSIN

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm

My VIEW / OPINION:

SOME GOOD FOOTBALL FROM CARDIFF /BUT WE ARE MISSING THAT FINAL BIT OF QUALITY.

CARDIFF PLAYED FELLOW STRUGGLERS HULL CITY AT HOME & FOR ME THIS WAS 3PTS LOST BADLY.

HULL SHOULD NEVER BE WINNING AT CARDIFF / WE ARE REALLY IN A RELEGATION BATTLE.

Hull are a very poor side.

If We want to stay up, investment needed this January.

A PATCHED UP HULL CITY TEAM, DOWN TO THEIR BEAR BONES BEAT CARDIFF :cry: :cry:

James Collins had a clear chance, hit the post in the last minute.

Some good football from Cardiff tonight, once again NO hoof ball.

City are still missing that final bit of quality and it needs addressing this January ASAP

We cant just rely on Under 23 players as virtually what Steve Morison has been hinting at.

Bacuna waste of space in my opinion

First-half: City once again conceded and were on the back foot, over all once again a poor-first=half :cry:

Second-half: City attacked and attacked, but Hill stood strong and for me me we need that extra quality.
Cardiff outplayed Hull in the 2nd -half.

CARDIFF CITY 0 HULL CITY 1 :cry: :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-1
Crowd

Cardiff City: Smithies; Ng, McGuinness, Flint, Nelson, Giles; Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna; Davies, Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Morrison, Brown, Ralls, Colwill, Harris, Collins.

17mins:GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Hull City (Lewis-Potter)

Cardiff went behind.
Terrible defending :cry:

Longman flicked it on at the front post and no one is marking Keane Lewis-Potter. Bacuna swings a leg but the Hull man is able to nick in front of him and steer it home.

HALF-TIME! Cardiff City 0-1 Hull City :cry:
And that's the end of a pretty poor half of football.

45th min Ralls came on for Vaulks.

61st min: Isaak Davies off, James Collins on
Colwill on, Bacuna off

85th min:Harris on for McGuinness.

Another Cardiff goal disallowed but it was a foul.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: SOME GOOD FOOTBALL FROM CARDIFF /BUT WE ARE MI

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Started with the wrong team. Pack and vaulks deeper than warnock days .no pace .nothing had changed .but has a great fist pump

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:47 pm

We're ending matches strongly, normally having ditched the extra defender and gone to a back 4! Why don't we start like that?!

We certainly have the squad to play a 4-2-3-1.

Giles needs to play further forwards.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 pm

I blame Tan and Mccarthy for this! Mccarthy lost the likes of Wilson and Brought in no one with an ounce of creativity in the squad with what little he had, Tan if you don't care and are not interested please sell the club you have had offers, if we are a burden and losing 3 million a month get rid of us!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 pm

Very very poor result.

Personally I felt we didn't have the character to get back in this game after they scored. Our defence has been shocking this season and they could be the reason we go down. Its draining chasing the games and eventually it will cost us.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm

I think if we keep playing the way we are, we won’t get relegated. Today we were unlucky not to get anything from the game, but throughout looked like winning which earlier in the season we didn’t look like we would score let alone win.

Hull had a few good chances early on, another very slow start, Ralls is a must though in midfield, he knows where to be to win second balls.

I agree having is an odd player, defensively below par, not creative, his only good attributes seems to be he does run endlessly, someone perhaps to bring on toward the end of a game to see out a win

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm

Huge defeat. All the good work thrown away. I am sorry Morison but you down playing this first half goal issue is wrong. The way we start games is pathetic and the players should be ashamed of it. You cant keep chasing games all the time. We are right in the mire again now when I really thought this evening we could push on and finally have a season. Relegation favourites we remain. Hull are terrible too, really angry with tonight.
Last edited by EastleighBlue on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm

danielrees17 wrote:I blame Tan and Mccarthy for this! Mccarthy lost the likes of Wilson and Brought in no one with an ounce of creativity in the squad with what little he had, Tan if you don't care and are not interested please sell the club you have had offers, if we are a burden and losing 3 million a month get rid of us!!

Tan is stubborn and wont sell to that bidder. He would rather lose millions than do that.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Honestly don’t see why Bacuna started that game… in my eyes he offered absolutely nothing.

Not wishing this to sound like sour grapes, as we weren’t good enough. But that must be one of the most cynical displays of time wasting I’ve ever seen, the ref had absolutely no grip over it at all - four minutes injury time nowhere near covered it.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Piss poor all over the pitch,Bacuna and nelson both shocking,never looked like scoring,we can keep the ball and pass it about,but just no end product,hull had big injury problems,and we didn’t have the quality to hurt them,their keeper didn’t have a serious shot to save,in serious trouble of going down

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Moore needs to be told he's a centre forward not a midfield player or winger.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 pm

BACUNA is absolute rubbish ambles around the field passing backwards what a total waste of space. Pack cant pass a ball to another player but good passing it into touch, The youngsters are trying their best but being let down by Dad's army. Morison really has a job on his hands,Playing nice neat football but with no end product, Changes needed fast before its to late,

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:07 pm

With morison coming in I was hoping it would mean we wouldn't see bacuna playing in an advanced role again. We were at home against a struggling team with a lot of injuries. Morison needs to be more positive from the off. We didn't need to start the game with 3 holding midfielders playing.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:09 pm

Same old same old!

Said it before it’s the players not the management to many of them are terrible, over paid and so slow in thought and play.

Nothing will change under Morrison it all started with NW a lot of them are his babies Pep could come in and he couldn’t change it. Glad a lot of them are out of contract next June.

The way it’s going there won’t be any supporters left in the stadium watching that rubbish. The players certainly don’t care they still get their wages.

The supporters in the ground should show the knee before kick off not the players as they are discriminating against good players.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Not a great performance but we had 3 very decent headed chances tonight. Another shocking miss from Collins. He’s cost us points a few times with his wastefulness. Should have got a point. Starting Bacuna in a front three didn’t work when we went on a record breaking run of defeats so why try it again. Crossing from whole team, particularly Giles was very poor. We’ve improved no doubt but there is a lot of work to do. We were so pedestrian for large parts of the game. Need to stop having to come from behind.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:35 pm

How I saw it, Annis

I spent most of the game sat thinking 'deja vu' and wondering if we are going to get Whyte back in order to allow Keiffer Moore to go back into the centre to be on the end of the balls he usually creates so well from the wing...

Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:42 pm

I thought we played some good football last night and were unlucky, keep the faith boys :bluebird: