Cardiff City manager 'doesn't really understand fans negati

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:37 am

Steve Morison: Cardiff City manager 'doesn't really understand' negativity from fans

25 November 2021

Cardiff City have not scored in the first half of a match all season

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison says he "doesn't really understand" the negativity from supporters during Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Hull City.

Fresh off back-to-back Championship wins, the Bluebirds fell behind early but were unable to muster a second-half comeback for a third straight game.

The home fans at the Cardiff City Stadium voiced their frustration at the end of both halves.

STEVE MORISON:

"I don't really understand it, if I'm honest," said Morison.

"It must be down to the fact of where we are in the league, because we had back-to-back wins.

"All I ask is, if we are going to get out of this, it is going to take absolutely everybody. Everyone who works at the football club and every fan who comes through the door and watches."

Cardiff need to 'make stadium a fortress'

Morison, who talked of the need to improve their home form in the build up, said positivity from the fans had helped the side in recent fixtures.

"You see the difference in performance when the fans get up," added Morison.

"They get right behind us and try and suck the ball towards the goal with their energy and their noise.

"Unfortunately when it goes the other way and we get the negative reaction, it has the opposite effect.

"So, I'd ask, if we are going to get out of this, we need them to be right behind us."

Despite his disappointment with sections of the supporters, Morison admitted his team were not as good as they had been in recent performances.

"You get what you deserve," he added.

"We should have equalised in the second half, that's for sure, but we didn't and we gave a poor goal away.

"It's a reality check after two wins on the bounce, we'll reflect on it and go again on Saturday [away at Luton Town]."
Attachments
FC74227A-CD52-4663-A10C-06A2D663E255.jpeg
FC74227A-CD52-4663-A10C-06A2D663E255.jpeg (61.93 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City manager 'doesn't really understand fans neg

Postby Ninian27 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm

I think the fans have stayed with the team in the main through the worst run in its history.

But 1 win and 7 defeats at home, with no first half goals and just 3 goals in 8 is going to test them. The damage is already done, you could feel it last night . No quick fix, it’s hard.
Ninian27

Postby montyblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

NINIAN 27

Also the crowd was poor hardly fortress its going to take a lot to pull 20,000 this season damage was done by mc'carthy
montyblue

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Steve is in the football bubble awash with cash.. and we’ve been watching rubbish for a long long time. That might be it.
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat