Bacuna

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bacuna

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:47 pm

Why are successive managers selecting this player in the starting eleven?
He offers nothing, no aggression, no movement off the ball, minimal contribution to attacking play and absolutely no goal threat.
His positional play is non-existent and involvement in the game is peripheral.

Colwill who offers adventure, energy and no little skill and ability dropped to the bench for a player who is simply not up to the standards required for The Championship.
Plynlymonbluebird

Bacuna

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bacuna

Postby ChippyAl » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 pm

Wonder the same. He’s probably one of the players that always looks great in training. Was anonymous again tonight.
ChippyAl

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 am

ChippyAl wrote:Wonder the same. He’s probably one of the players that always looks great in training. Was anonymous again tonight.

The only logical conclusion that I can deduce, is the impact of his weekly salary. Managers must be inclined to select him because of the financial impact of his wage on the financial outlay for players.

They must feel obliged to select him.

Warnock sold us an absolute dud when he signed him to play in The Premier League.
You must wonder about the relationship with his agent.
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby sir ninian » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:37 am

missed a sitter aswell.The guy is shocking. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby castleblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 am

Stealing a living off the club but did change his boots at halftime. Still shite though and I don't think he should be anywhere near the 18 matchday squad.

Needs to be told he is free to find another club.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:49 am

Plynlymonbluebird wrote:
ChippyAl wrote:Wonder the same. He’s probably one of the players that always looks great in training. Was anonymous again tonight.

The only logical conclusion that I can deduce, is the impact of his weekly salary. Managers must be inclined to select him because of the financial impact of his wage on the financial outlay for players.

They must feel obliged to select him.

Warnock sold us an absolute dud when he signed him to play in The Premier League.
You must wonder about the relationship with his agent

Yep, it's even worse when you remember that Warnock bought him as a full back :o
piledriver64

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:11 am

No one deserves to be booed off. I’m the first to admit he hasn’t performed well very often this season but booing him off doesn’t help him or the team. It’s a TEAM effort, and the so called fans who boo players are typical of the modern attitude amongst the uneducated classes who think “My life is sh-t, let’s make your life sh-t too”

Get behind the WHOLE team if you want to get out of this.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:52 am

bluebird58 wrote:No one deserves to be booed off. I’m the first to admit he hasn’t performed well very often this season but booing him off doesn’t help him or the team. It’s a TEAM effort, and the so called fans who boo players are typical of the modern attitude amongst the uneducated classes who think “My life is sh-t, let’s make your life sh-t too”

Get behind the WHOLE team if you want to get out of this.

I’m sorry, nothing personal, but that is sanctimonious nonsense. That guy is on £20,000+ per week, how many fans in that stadium earn that sort of money in 18 months? I didn’t boo his substitution but I did applaud his removal from the game and the introduction of the one player in the squad who has the capability to change the game. Bacuna was absolutely dire, did he make a tackle? How many forward passes he produce during the game? He missed an absolute sitter.
Personally, I would be happy to never see him pull on the blue shirt of Cardiff City again.
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby pick and shovel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Some on here were saying that he was only crap because he was playing in the wrong position
They are wrong. He is crap in any position
pick and shovel

Postby City slicker27 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:39 pm

If Bacuna plays, it has to be in CM. He might as well not be on the pitch playing as a forward. As soon as I seen the lineup last night, my head dropped seeing him in there. Morison has quickly learnt from his mistakes so far, hopefully he realises that with Bacuna. Although I am slightly worried with Morisons comments about Bacuna playing well.
City slicker27

Postby Danny Says » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:03 pm

City slicker27 wrote:If Bacuna plays, it has to be in CM. He might as well not be on the pitch playing as a forward. As soon as I seen the lineup last night, my head dropped seeing him in there. Morison has quickly learnt from his mistakes so far, hopefully he realises that with Bacuna. Although I am slightly worried with Morisons comments about Bacuna playing well.

Morison has got to be more blunt about the ineptitude of certain players. We lost last night largely due to a pathetic first 45 which was down mainly to a ridiculously poor CM selection. To publicly laud Bacuna is baffling. One of the worst signings, along with Vaulks in recent history. (Both Warnock signings I believe)
Danny Says

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Danny Says wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:If Bacuna plays, it has to be in CM. He might as well not be on the pitch playing as a forward. As soon as I seen the lineup last night, my head dropped seeing him in there. Morison has quickly learnt from his mistakes so far, hopefully he realises that with Bacuna. Although I am slightly worried with Morisons comments about Bacuna playing well.

Morison has got to be more blunt about the ineptitude of certain players. We lost last night largely due to a pathetic first 45 which was down mainly to a ridiculously poor CM selection. To publicly laud Bacuna is baffling. One of the worst signings, along with Vaulks in recent history. (Both Warnock signings I believe)

Give me an example of where a manager has come out in the press and said "so and so was c^%p" ?? It simply doesn't happen.

Even when you manage in business you'd never to that in any other way than face-to-face :roll: To do it in public and not face-to-face is cowardly and managers who do that would go down in my estimation.

I remember Dave Jones doing about Adam Matthews and it ruined him. Not doing it in public is the right way to go.
piledriver64

Postby Danny Says » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Give me an example of where a manager has come out in the press and said "so and so was c^%p" ?? It simply doesn't happen.

Even when you manage in business you'd never to that in any other way than face-to-face :roll: To do it in public and not face-to-face is cowardly and managers who do that would go down in my estimation.

I remember Dave Jones doing about Adam Matthews and it ruined him. Not doing it in public is the right way to go.

I take your point but if it’s good management to say he was playing well and was unlucky to come off when he plainly wasn’t and deserved to be hooked is counter productive in my book.
Danny Says

Postby New Day Rising » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 pm

Dreadful display
New Day Rising

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:39 pm

And we signed him on a five year contract!!
Have we ever given anyone a five year contract?
One of the worst bits of recruitment, and there is a strong list, by our suberb transfer committee.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 pm

The only CM who can play on the half turn is Ralls and i doubt even he would say he is an advanced CM and that's the problem none of them are. Colwell can receive the ball on the half turn but can't play back to goal as Moore can. Each player has particular attributes and the managers job is to create a system to maximise them for the benefit of the team.

If Pack player the same position as Bacuna there wouldn't be boo's there would be pitch invasions.

There was a huge change in pace when Ralls came on and took over the sitters role, the ball started to go forward much quicker and Giles had ball to run onto rather than having to take he man on and then have the cover defender coming over to help out.

Warnock already had Ralls, lost Gunnar but then bought Bacuna, Pack and Vaulks....All can only play facing goal, great for Warnock uber direct (with pace) but not great for the "right way".

The easiest position to play in our system is the sitter, as you get he ball early with your shoulders straight. No one and i repeat no one until Ralls but especially Colwell came on run to the ball to offer you a pass as they don't have the skill set to take the ball back to goal or on the half turn so they hide. Pack is the epitome of this.

We are asking a painter and decorator to be a plasterer because we do not have another genuine attacking CM. Bacuna may be a good painter and decorator but we only judge his plastering.
llan bluebird

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The only CM who can play on the half turn is Ralls and i doubt even he would say he is an advanced CM and that's the problem none of them are. Colwell can receive the ball on the half turn but can't play back to goal as Moore can. Each player has particular attributes and the managers job is to create a system to maximise them for the benefit of the team.

If Pack player the same position as Bacuna there wouldn't be boo's there would be pitch invasions.

There was a huge change in pace when Ralls came on and took over the sitters role, the ball started to go forward much quicker and Giles had ball to run onto rather than having to take he man on and then have the cover defender coming over to help out.

Warnock already had Ralls, lost Gunnar but then bought Bacuna, Pack and Vaulks....All can only play facing goal, great for Warnock uber direct (with pace) but not great for the "right way".

The easiest position to play in our system is the sitter, as you get he ball early with your shoulders straight. No one and i repeat no one until Ralls but especially Colwell came on run to the ball to offer you a pass as they don't have the skill set to take the ball back to goal or on the half turn so they hide. Pack is the epitome of this.

We are asking a painter and decorator to be a plasterer because we do not have another genuine attacking CM. Bacuna may be a good painter and decorator but we only judge his plastering.

When has Bacuna performed well as “painter and decorator”?
He appears to me to be a utility player who is not very good at any of the positions he has been asked to play. He is one of the highest paid players in the squad according to those in the know.

His application and concentration is poor. He lacks focus and intensity to his play, a charge that cannot be levied against Ralls as his display after coming on demonstrated. He plays in fits and starts. Mostly fits.
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Plynlymonbluebird wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The only CM who can play on the half turn is Ralls and i doubt even he would say he is an advanced CM and that's the problem none of them are. Colwell can receive the ball on the half turn but can't play back to goal as Moore can. Each player has particular attributes and the managers job is to create a system to maximise them for the benefit of the team.

When has Bacuna performed well as “painter and decorator”?
He appears to me to be a utility player who is not very good at any of the positions he has been asked to play. He is one of the highest paid players in the squad according to those in the know.

His application and concentration is poor. He lacks focus and intensity to his play, a charge that cannot be levied against Ralls as his display after coming on demonstrated. He plays in fits and starts. Mostly fits.

I agree he is a utility player and that counts against him. Wheres as Pack and Vaulks are just shit at the one position and offer nothing. Ralls often has played in that advanced role and generally gets slated when he does.

We have an unbalanced squad and his agent did well ;) to get him a £5 million contract. We need to get more football men like Warnock in the transfer committee :o . I'd rather play Harris in that position but we are still left with Bacuna for another 2 years.

Ralls is our only championship CM. I can't wait to wave goodbye to Pack and Vaulks, hopefully we are still in the championship.
llan bluebird

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Agree with original post.

Get him out of our club asap.

He's a waste of a player.
nickjonesrox2

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:23 pm

By far the worst player we have by some distance. Offers absolutely nothing to the team. I’d rather play with 10 men. No guts no balls just cruises through games. Get out of our club please
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Read first half of your post and was about to say Dave Jones/Adam Matthews and it was a terrible decision.

Then by the end of your post you'd pipped me to the post anyways! :lol:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:And we signed him on a five year contract!!
Have we ever given anyone a five year contract?
One of the worst bits of recruitment, and there is a strong list, by our suberb transfer committee.

I said this last year, regards contract, and was swiftly told it was a 4 yr not 5yr contract? Either way, I've seen it quoted he also had no relegation clause in it!! So has been on same wedge right through, whilst others have taken a reduced deal? Warlocks dealings were a little strange to say the least, including signing the to sons of McKay?? Hmmmmm as is said.
bluesince62

Return to General Chat