Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NICO WILLIAMS ALLOWED TO LEAVE IN JANUARY

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:01 am

Looks like he will be bought by the likes of fulham
so any loan aspirations we had have gone out the window if we had any at all.

JANUARY TRANSFER/LOAN WINDOW RUMOUR THREAD

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:19 am

Please use this thread to highlight January Transfer Window rumours and whispers

Any that then 'have legs' can be put up as a stand alone news item :thumbright:

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER/LOAN WINDOW RUMOUR THREAD

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:44 am

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-22654233

Cyrus Christie was a player we were looking at apparently but going elsewhere now

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:07 am

I can't see us bringing in anyone except to recall our loans.

I'm reading clubs like Nottingham Forest and Fulham have or are about to sign up players while we will just throw out that rumour to bring us false hope.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:19 am

Could be the shortest transfer romour thread of all time. :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:22 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I can't see us bringing in anyone except to recall our loans.

I'm reading clubs like Nottingham Forest and Fulham have or are about to sign up players while we will just throw out that rumour to bring us false hope.

Ian, I agree, which is why this thread has been set up :thumbup:

More substantiated reports/rumours (ultimately correct or not) can be upscaled accordingly

Not impossible we might get some movement but even the tiniest of (perceived) rumours seem to be that we are looking at further 'young' options more for the future

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:38 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I can't see us bringing in anyone except to recall our loans.

Ian, I agree, which is why this thread has been set up :thumbup:

More substantiated reports/rumours (ultimately correct or not) can be upscaled accordingly

Not impossible we might get some movement but even the tiniest of (perceived) rumours seem to be that we are looking at further 'young' options more for the future

Yep well I feel that is the way the club is going. Bring in the youth and sell on at a profit. Improve the academy, bring in more youth and sell on at a profit. Some are saying Tan must care because he has funded this new academy. I say keep in mind that the cost of this academy is the same price as perhaps bringing in one experienced player that we need. Well we need about 3 or 4 to survive I feel but that's another argument.

As I have said before lets see what happens with our youth next season then we will have an idea which way we are going.

Haydon Roberts

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:15 pm

Apparently we are targeting Brighton’s Haydon Roberts . He played 26 games on loan for Rochdale last season.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Cancel that I think he’s off to Sheffield Wednesday

Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:21 pm

I drive past Howells School most mornings on the way to work so I'll keep an eye out for anyone having a look around.

:thumbup:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:53 pm

davids wrote:I drive past Howells School most mornings on the way to work so I'll keep an eye out for anyone having a look around.

:thumbup:

Now that's the way to do it...! :thumbup: ;) :clap: :laughing6:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:28 pm

Peterborough:

We are delighted to welcome defender @BaliMumba8 on a loan deal until the end of the season from Premier League Club NorwichCityFC

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:40 am

Birmingham Live are reporting Cardiff are looking at Birmingham defender Harlee Dean

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:12 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Birmingham Live are reporting Cardiff are looking at Birmingham defender Harlee Dean

Being reported in a number of media streams over the last couple of days

My doubt in there being no real transfer movement this window is only tempered by the los of Ryan Giles, which may open up the opportunity to get someone else in :thumbright:

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Seems we are after this defender
Ì
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardi ... rnational/

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:23 pm

Lots of ifs and buts but Sky reporting that if we qualify for the World Cup, Bale will look for a short term deal at a Championship club with Cardiff or Swansea most likely.

Get it done now!!

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:31 pm

I'll be criticised for this no doubt, but it is important to know who is targetting these players.

If it's the committee I have zero faith in their ability to spot ability.

If it's Morison, then I would feel confident that we are getting someone the manager wants and feels can do a good job.

I'm reality 99% of rumours regarding CCFC will Peter out as simply rumours. The club has form for getting away with not signing anyone if it can help it.

Why Murphy and Whyte are not being recalled is absolutely scandalous and can only be put down to the fact that we can't even afford the poor quality that we already have I'm our skeleton ranks.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I'll be criticised for this no doubt, but it is important to know who is targetting these players.

If it's Morison, then I would feel confident that we are getting someone the manager wants and feels can do a good job.

I'm reality 99% of rumours regarding CCFC will Peter out as simply rumours. The club has form for getting away with not signing anyone if it can help it.

Why Murphy and Whyte are not being recalled is absolutely scandalous and can only be put down to the fact that we can't even afford the poor quality that we already have I'm our skeleton ranks.

Or maybe the club/Morrison think that we can save the wages by not bringing them back and use the money to get better players?

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:07 am

I'll accept that, but only if it is Morison who thinks we can use the wages freed up by both to get better quality than that of Whyte and Murphy.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:31 am

According to SSN, Cardiff in talks to sign Dijon defender Jonathan Panzo.
Also linked on other sites and Nixon

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:00 am

I know these are all rumours but surely midfield needs to strengthen before the defence

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:40 am

Do not be surprised to see Giles back before the window closes!

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:40 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I know these are all rumours but surely midfield needs to strengthen before the defence

Attacking midfield.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I know these are all rumours but surely midfield needs to strengthen before the defence

We have the second worse defence in the league. We need to turns some of these losses into draws and draws into wins. Not going to happen without change at the back.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:34 am

Barclay1 wrote:I'll accept that, but only if it is Morison who thinks we can use the wages freed up by both to get better quality than that of Whyte and Murphy.

Regarding Murphy and Whyte, there are no savings that have not already been made in the budget, as the status quo remains with both

Murphy is injured and no one is sure when he will be back in a fit state to play Championship football, so under what circumstances are the club (no matter who made the decision) not right to leave him where he is and continue to save (could easily be argued waste) the money already being splashed out on him?

With regard to Gavin Whyte, that's more of an interesting one, as he appears fit and playing (at that level) reasonably well and (for me at least) he wasn't our worst player when he was here, so there may be other factors at work?

He's not medium to long-term injured and he's not a bad player to have in our quad; yet he was allowed to move out on loan by Mick mcCarthy (not Tan, according to reports) at the start of this season

Money? He's not known to be on massive wages, so there were several better paid players to shift out, if that were the case)?

Discipline/attitude? It was mentioned regarding both him and Murphy but I don't see it with him (of the two)

Simply not rated by Mick? Feasible, given Mick's negative style of play for this season

Another reason? Who really knows but if it's felt by the manager, who made the decision after being told he could bring bring all four back, then we just have to go with it

No matter what, any 'additional' money Steve Morison has to play with, if any at all, would likely come from the return of Ryan Giles to Wolves; but there is a chance he may be coming back in the next couple of weeks, so a slight loosening of the purse strings to get (mainly) loan players in would be required as we head towards the 'big adjustment' this summer seems to be the only other option

And let's also remember that the waster Lee Tomlin's wages cannot be included, as they have pretty much been paid up well ahead of schedule

Time will tell over the next few weeks... ;)

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:48 am

Barclay1 wrote:I'll be criticised for this no doubt, but it is important to know who is targetting these players.

Keifer Moore vs Cornelius or Velikonja. McGuinness vs Connolly, Ng vs Brayford, Giles vs Odemwingie.

I have more faith in the committee than I did Malky/Moody.

You start it (quote) "I know I’ll be criticised" as you know how it’s another in a long line of overly critical posts. Bet you had one lined up if Murphy was recalled saying what a waste of money.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:54 am

Exclusive: Joey Barton is understood to be considering a loan move for Cardiff City prospect James Connolly

The Gas are in need of defensive reinforcements after a series of injuries and the mid-season retirement of Mark Hughes and the 20-year-old is among the options being considered for a loan.

The centre-half came through the ranks at Blackburn Rovers and joined Cardiff on a one-year deal in June.

Connolly has captained Cardiff's under-23s side this season, but he is yet to make a senior appearance.

But a lack of EFL experience has not bothered Gas boss Joey Barton in the past, with Connor Taylor making just a single appearance for Stoke City and a handful of non-league starts before he made his bow in the blue and white quarters.

Taylor has since established himself as Rovers' top centre-back and claimed the EFL Young Player of the Month prize for October.

Should Barton decide Connolly is the right man for the Gas and Cardiff sanction the move, he could become Rovers' second signing of the January window after the arrival of striker Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe United on Tuesday.

At his press conference on Friday, Barton confirmed the Gas were working on more signings in the wake of Hughes' decision to join Plymouth Argyle's coaching staff.

"We’ve got some irons in the fire on that," Barton said. "I’m hopeful that we won’t miss a beat on that, but nothing is done as yet.."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Cardiff City keen to land former Chelsea starlet and England under-21 defender, but face competition from Stoke City
The Bluebirds are one of several sides to show an interest in the young England defender [/b]

Panzo, who came through the youth ranks at Chelsea, is currently with Dijon in France and previously enjoyed short spells at Monaco and Cercle Brugge.

It seems he could now potentially be on the move to the Championship this month.

Sources have told WalesOnline that Cardiff are one of several sides to have shown an interest, although Stoke City are also understood to be keen admirers.

It's not yet clear just how far the Bluebirds have taken their interest at this stage, but it's claimed that initial discussions have begun.

There would clearly be a long way to go before any move is completed, but a loan with the option to buy is understood to be the most likely outcome if Cardiff are successful in their bid to bring the 21-year-old to South Wales.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:01 pm

Sven wrote:Cardiff City keen to land former Chelsea starlet and England under-21 defender, but face competition from Stoke City
The Bluebirds are one of several sides to show an interest in the young England defender [/b]

Panzo, who came through the youth ranks at Chelsea, is currently with Dijon in France and previously enjoyed short spells at Monaco and Cercle Brugge.

It seems he could now potentially be on the move to the Championship this month.

Sources have told WalesOnline that Cardiff are one of several sides to have shown an interest, although Stoke City are also understood to be keen admirers.

It's not yet clear just how far the Bluebirds have taken their interest at this stage, but it's claimed that initial discussions have begun.

There would clearly be a long way to go before any move is completed, but a loan with the option to buy is understood to be the most likely outcome if Cardiff are successful in their bid to bring the 21-year-old to South Wales.

This 'story' seems top be gathering, with several media outlets now reporting the Bluebirds 'are in talks' with Dijon to make it happen...

That, for me, would be a great move! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Sven wrote:Exclusive: Joey Barton is understood to be considering a loan move for Cardiff City prospect James Connolly

The Gas are in need of defensive reinforcements after a series of injuries and the mid-season retirement of Mark Hughes and the 20-year-old is among the options being considered for a loan.

The centre-half came through the ranks at Blackburn Rovers and joined Cardiff on a one-year deal in June.

Connolly has captained Cardiff's under-23s side this season, but he is yet to make a senior appearance.

But a lack of EFL experience has not bothered Gas boss Joey Barton in the past, with Connor Taylor making just a single appearance for Stoke City and a handful of non-league starts before he made his bow in the blue and white quarters.

Taylor has since established himself as Rovers' top centre-back and claimed the EFL Young Player of the Month prize for October.

Should Barton decide Connolly is the right man for the Gas and Cardiff sanction the move, he could become Rovers' second signing of the January window after the arrival of striker Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe United on Tuesday.

At his press conference on Friday, Barton confirmed the Gas were working on more signings in the wake of Hughes' decision to join Plymouth Argyle's coaching staff.

"We’ve got some irons in the fire on that," Barton said. "I’m hopeful that we won’t miss a beat on that, but nothing is done as yet.."

Now confirmed and good luck to James Connolly, as he looks to gain experience :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

View topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225591