James Connolly

A forum for all things Cardiff City

James Connolly

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:55 pm

Great move for James Connolly. Straight into Rovers' starting XI against Posh today.

Big opportunity for him, this, with three Cardiff centre backs out of contract this summer.

Captained Cardiff's all-conquering under-23s this season. Let's hope he backs that form up
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

James Connolly

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: James Connolly

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:28 pm

An 8/10 on debut for James Connolly from the local media in his player ratings today.

Not a bad first day in his new job for Bristol Rovers, it seems, despite the defeat!

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:29 pm

James Connolly - 8

A baptism of fire against the electric Szmodics and Siriki Dembele, but the 20-year-old stood tall on his senior debut. There were some early nervous moments as he lost track of runners, but he was composed on the ball and made a brilliant last-ditch challenge to deny Szmodics a clinching goal.

Forever Blue
Admin

BLUEBIRD LOANEE MAKES SOLID DEBUT

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:28 am

The player ratings as Bristol Rovers were beaten 2-1 by Peterborough United and knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round
By Sam Frost

Cardiff City loanee James Connolly made an impressive debut, growing into the game and making a superb goal-saving tackle.

Former Bluebird Sion Spence was also on the field and put in a goid performance before being replaced.

James Belshaw - 8

Luca Hoole - 8

James Connolly - 8

A baptism of fire against the electric Szmodics and Siriki Dembele, but the 20-year-old stood tall on his senior debut. There were some early nervous moments as he lost track of runners, but he was composed on the ball and made a brilliant last-ditch challenge to deny Szmodics a clinching goal.

Nick Anderton - 8

Trevor Clarke - 7

Paul Coutts (c) - 8

Zain Westbrooke - 7

Luke Thomas - 8

Antony Evans - 7

Sion Spence - 7

Curled a lovely ball in behind the defence to release Evans for the penalty incident, but his influence faded and he was taken off in the second half.

Sam Nicholson - 7

Substitutes

Ryan Jones (for Clarke on 63') - 6

Brett Pitman (for Spence on 69') - 6

Max Edwards-Stryjewski (for Thomas on 90+3') - NA

Not used: Jed Ward, Pablo Martinez, Jerry Lawrence, Lucas Vaughan, Malik Sesay.
Attachments
0_JMP_Peterborough_United_v_Bristol_Rovers_ag-17.jpg
0_JMP_Peterborough_United_v_Bristol_Rovers_ag-17.jpg (64.58 KiB) Viewed 3387 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rontom » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great move for James Connolly. Straight into Rovers' starting XI against Posh today.

Big opportunity for him, this, with three Cardiff centre backs out of contract this summer.

Captained Cardiff's all-conquering under-23s this season. Let's hope he backs that form up

Wont he be out of contract in June as well, thought he only signed a 1 year contract last June
rontom

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:42 pm

I went to the game at London Rd.

He was OK, not an 8 out of 10. Didn't really do anything to make me worry, but then again wasn't stand out.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 am

Barclay1 wrote:I went to the game at London Rd.

He was OK, not an 8 out of 10. Didn't really do anything to make me worry, but then again wasn't stand out.

:lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:28 am

wez1927 wrote:

Seemed to get universal praise for his 'no nonsense' debut but hey, why look for a positive where City, it's management or players are concerned

All Tan's fault, of course, Wez... ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Just wondering what required your 'lol' reply??

What? You don't think I was there, or you dont think an assessment of an OK debut is positive enough.

How about, 'I was there and done was amazing' does that fit the bill? Or would you rather I was honest?
Barclay1

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Seemed to get universal praise for his 'no nonsense' debut but hey, why look for a positive where City, it's management or players are concerned

All Tan's fault, of course, Wez... ;) :laughing6:

As I said, It was an OK debut, definately not stand out, but didn't look calamatous. If he is our strength in depth, then he doesn't improve our squad, and much better strike forces than Peterboroughs much maligned spearhead will give him far sterner tests.
Barclay1

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Just wondering what required your 'lol' reply??

What? You don't think I was there, or you dont think an assessment of an OK debut is positive enough.

How about, 'I was there and done was amazing' does that fit the bill? Or would you rather I was honest?

I'll happily answer for him.

You're a miserable tw*t so it's hard to take anything you say objectively.
nubbsy

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Fair enough. If you say so.

Disappointing really, because anyone who knows me knows I'm not miserable, and knows I just want the best for my club.
Barclay1

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:16 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Fair enough. If you say so.

Disappointing really, because anyone who knows me knows I'm not miserable, and knows I just want the best for my club.

Ok I was a tad harsh but you rarely give a positive or balanced view in your posts!
nubbsy

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:50 pm

Yes, I'll accept that to a degree, but the club give me nothing to be positive about ( my opinion).

As for a balanced view, I simply push my preference strongly, sometimes overly. It's a bit like a political opinion, people tend to like one party and loathe the other.

My voice will do nothing, so all I can do is rant on this MB which is set up to voice opinion, of which there are many, and I like to think I respect all, if not agree.
Barclay1

Return to General Chat