Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bad News: Blackburn. Kick off. Streaming available

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:37 pm

With further disappointment we must inform supporters that following the latest Welsh Government instruction, our home Championship fixture with Blackburn Rovers (January 15th) must be played behind closed doors.

Season Ticket Holders and seasonal hospitality members will be issued a pro-rata credit to their Season Ticket cards for this fixture which will be accumulated and added at the close of the season. General admission ticket purchases and individual hospitality tickets/packages will also be refunded (please allow up to five working days for processing).

Following an agreement with Sky Sports and the EFL, supporters will be able to stream this fixture live courtesy of Cardiff City TV. Streaming passes are available at the cost of £10, here.

In order to offer live streaming of this game in accordance with broadcast guidelines, Cardiff City Football Club has requested that the fixture be brought forward to kick off at 12.30pm. The EFL and Blackburn Rovers FC have agreed to this amendment.

Re: Blackburn. Kick off brought forward. Streaming available

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 pm

They can shove it where the monkey shoved his nuts. Last time on Virgin the streaming was 2 minutes behind

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm

stickywicket wrote:They can shove it where the monkey shoved his nuts. Last time on Virgin the streaming was 2 minutes behind

Tend to agree; I usually watch games I can't attend on a streaming service, which always lags behind, so I often get texts telling me we/they have scored before it is on my TV

Better than not watching though but I won't be signing up to any City Player Streaming, as I anticipate the club will reduce next season's Season Ticket price to reflect any missed games

It's tough on the club, as the cancellations are out of their hands (other than for certain conspiracy theorists) and they are simply reacting as best they can

Re: Bad News: Blackburn. Kick off. Streaming available

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm

If I watch it with one of my attic beams slightly blocking the TV can I get a cheaper streaming pass for restricted view?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:00 pm

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:They can shove it where the monkey shoved his nuts. Last time on Virgin the streaming was 2 minutes behind

Tend to agree; I usually watch games I can't attend on a streaming service, which always lags behind, so I often get texts telling me we/they have scored before it is on my TV

Better than not watching though but I won't be signing up to any City Player Streaming, as I anticipate the club will reduce next season's Season Ticket price to reflect any missed games

It's tough on the club, as the cancellations are out of their hands (other than for certain conspiracy theorists) and they are simply reacting as best they can

Yup being an exile watch whatever games I can on City player but have to be sure to switch my phone off before kick-off otherwise text will ruin the game!

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:43 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yup being an exile watch whatever games I can on City player but have to be sure to switch my phone off before kick-off otherwise text will ruin the game!

It's a proper pain...! :roll: :laughing6:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Streaming was a means to an end last season but not for me this. I nearly gave up all together with the sterile experience, but even with this shit season i enjoy being there in person.

I'll keep the credit for next season (whatever league we are in) :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:32 pm

Sven wrote:

Just mute your phone! Simple solution :D

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:24 am

Bumped into an old mate on the way down the doctors a few days ago.

Him and his son - lifelong season ticket holders... no more! :o

After the covid debacle with season tickets and streaming - they've both decided enough was enough and knocked it on the head.

Me and the lad are giving knocking it on the head serious thoughts - its not really a financial thing - its more an ability to go thing. We haven't been down at all this year - not for want of wanting or indeed trying. Bloody Drakeford has kyboshed us as the few matches that might've been viable - the lad was playing football himself due to how the age groups thing works locally it would've meant him not playing to watch the City and letting his mates down. He decided his mates and actually playing was more important than watching.

As he said - the City will still be there but we are a small team and we look out for each other.

I think season tickets might take a battering this year especially with long termers such as my mate jacking it in. If they keep the prices the same or increase them, that will be the final nail for many. I feel the club need to do something to help the fans in terms of pricing - I think Swansea did STs for £99 last year?? - I know it'll cost the club a fair chunk but I think there might be a coming tide that needs to be stemmed, before its a flood.