Restrictions to be lifted in Scotland from this coming

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby 64Ninian » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:16 pm

Breaking news - that will only leave Wales and Northern Ireland still restricting football crowds :o

All sports grounds from Monday can have crowds return to their grounds.
It had been reduced to 500.

Six Nations internationals start soon for rugby.
64Ninian

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Restrictions to be lifted in Scotland

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:23 pm

64Ninian wrote:Breaking news - that will only leave Wales and Northern Ireland still restricting football crowds :o

Good it's a matter of when he relents, he was always going to allow the six nations!

He should man up and do it now, he's making himself look stupider by the minute.
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:28 pm

Jimmy Krankie clearly reacting to the clear evidence re outside events :clap:

Not expecting the same from Mark 'Cecil the Turtle' Drakeford before the next review a week Friday, where he will stick to his tired 'protectionist' rhetoric before opening up for the Six Nations and (trying at least to) curry favour with the nation...

Too late for that but at least it will have been done
Attachments
latest.jpg
latest.jpg (44.67 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
0_First-Minister-Mark-Drakeford-speaks-during-the-Welsh-Government-briefing-in-Cardiff-Wales-UK.jpg
0_First-Minister-Mark-Drakeford-speaks-during-the-Welsh-Government-briefing-in-Cardiff-Wales-UK.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 pm

Nice to see some positive news!

Lets fans in :old:
nickjonesrox2

Postby Whistler » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 pm

According to NHS Wales the current level of transmission of Covid has dropped by 75% from over 10,000 per day a week ago down to 2176 new transmissions recorded today. OVER TO YOU MR DRIPFORD :old:
Whistler

Postby Whistler » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:06 pm

Whistler wrote:According to NHS Wales the current level of transmission of Covid has dropped by 75% from over 10,000 per day a week ago down to 2176 new transmissions recorded today. OVER TO YOU MR DRIPFORD :old:

I QUOTE: Welsh Government will always work to the data in making decisions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whistler

Postby davids » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:35 pm

Whistler wrote:
Whistler wrote:According to NHS Wales the current level of transmission of Covid has dropped by 75% from over 10,000 per day a week ago down to 2176 new transmissions recorded today. OVER TO YOU MR DRIPFORD :old:

I QUOTE: Welsh Government will always work to the data in making decisions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot the small print at the end of that sentence -

"when it suits them to do so and not otherwise"
davids

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:50 pm

As highlighted by the 'first on the scene' South Africans some weeks ago :thumbup:

Political 'games' in the extreme from Cecil; all to stick two fingers up at Boris whilst disrespecting the Welsh people and disregarding the real evidencr based on (albeit South African) fact

It was reported on here that the rate over there peaked and then dropped rapidly; 50% in one week and 75% in the second...

And here we are with similar figures...

Doh, Mr Drakeford...! :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:55 pm

Stand by for the virologist, biologist, diseases experts ;)
1980s Bluebird

Postby castleblue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:22 pm

Sven wrote:

As highlighted by the 'first on the scene' South Africans some weeks ago :thumbup:

Political 'games' in the extreme from Cecil; all to stick two fingers up at Boris whilst disrespecting the Welsh people and disregarding the real evidencr based on (albeit South African) fact

It was reported on here that the rate over there peaked and then dropped rapidly; 50% in one week and 75% in the second...

And here we are with similar figures...

Doh, Mr Drakeford...! :roll:

Spot on Chris :thumbup:

And to think it was only last Friday that Drakeford was saying Omicron was spreading rapidly in Wales and was unlikely to peak before the end of January. He had a graph any everything to prove this theory.

The man and the rest of his looney left cronies are nothing but charlatans. :evil:

I wonder if he will offer an apology to the Prime Minister who he accused of not protecting the English people. :?

In Boris we trust :? Well maybe not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
castleblue

Postby Floppsy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:32 pm

I reckon he'll announce this Friday that crowds will be back the following week if cases don't go up. Too late for Blackburn but back in time for Forest.
Floppsy

Postby Whistler » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:37 pm

in the space of 2 weeks, its gone from a Sunarmy ( i am not even sure how to spell that) to a Storm, to dead flat calm so what is it going to be next a toranado !! :oops:
Whistler

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:54 pm

Whistler wrote:in the space of 2 weeks, its gone from a Sunarmy ( i am not even sure how to spell that) to a Storm, to dead flat calm so what is it going to be next a toranado !! :oops:

Its tsunami mate! But i get you 100%
bluesince62

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Floppsy wrote:I reckon he'll announce this Friday that crowds will be back the following week if cases don't go up. Too late for Blackburn but back in time for Forest.

He should come out today and change it before this weekends games now there is plenty of time, there is no real excuse not too!!!
Bluebina

Postby fred keenor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:01 pm

He has totally backed himself into a corner, Sturgeon moved quickly and he is now the outlier.

All graphs show a significant drop , and yet he decides it will now be a week friday when he will decide, i even bet then he will limit attendances to again look different.

There is not a single piece of evidence to support the current restrictions to not be lifted this friday.
fred keenor

Postby 64Ninian » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:03 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Floppsy wrote:I reckon he'll announce this Friday that crowds will be back the following week if cases don't go up. Too late for Blackburn but back in time for Forest.

He should come out today and change it before this weekends games now there is plenty of time, there is no real excuse not too!!!

Reported now that Scotland's restrictions to be lifted Monday 17/01/22 so can't see anything happening - if at all, for this Saturday's match :(
64Ninian

Postby Floppsy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:20 pm

64Ninian wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Reported now that Scotland's restrictions to be lifted Monday 17/01/22 so can't see anything happening - if at all, for this Saturday's match :(

Since when has he been influenced by what other leaders do?
He's already said that nothing will change this week and being away next week gives him a nice little cushion ahead of Forest.
Floppsy

Postby stickywicket » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Whistler wrote:in the space of 2 weeks, its gone from a Sunarmy ( i am not even sure how to spell that) to a Storm, to dead flat calm so what is it going to be next a toranado !! :oops:

Its tsunami mate! But i get you 100%

Football website mate. No need to spell check.
stickywicket

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:27 pm

Floppsy wrote:
64Ninian wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

He's already said that nothing will change this week and being away next week gives him a nice little cushion ahead of Forest.

You are right if anything he will dig his heels in but it's ridiculous!!!

I'm all for sensible measures, but now there is no real reason?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

Daily Covid cases see biggest fall in Omicron outbreak: UK reports 120,821 new infections in 45% fall in a week as expert says Britain is 'closest country in northern hemisphere to exiting pandemic'
Marks the sixth day in row that infections have fallen week-on-week and strongly suggests Omicron subsiding
Another 379 Covid deaths were also registered across the UK today, up on the low figure of 48 last Tuesday
Professor David Heymann, an epidemiologist from the LSHTM, said UK could be first to tame the Pandemic.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... s-22699026

What it really means as Covid cases fall for fifth day
Bluebina

Postby davids » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Floppsy wrote:
64Ninian wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

You are right if anything he will dig his heels in but it's ridiculous!!!

I'm all for sensible measures, but now there is no real reason?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

Daily Covid cases see biggest fall in Omicron outbreak: UK reports 120,821 new infections in 45% fall in a week as expert says Britain is 'closest country in northern hemisphere to exiting pandemic'
Marks the sixth day in row that infections have fallen week-on-week and strongly suggests Omicron subsiding
Another 379 Covid deaths were also registered across the UK today, up on the low figure of 48 last Tuesday
Professor David Heymann, an epidemiologist from the LSHTM, said UK could be first to tame the Pandemic.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... s-22699026

What it really means as Covid cases fall for fifth day

Not according to the Welsh Health Minister Eluned Morgan who said today

"The waste water monitoring we carry out suggests that, if anything, the rates are climbing"

:o :o

Eh? Are they now testing our piss to see if we have Covid? Do we no longer need to take a lateral flow test to see if we have Covid - we simply need to send a piss sample to WAG so they can have it tested.

I'm surprised that this new testing breakthrough hasn't been more widely publicised.

Perhaps they'd like me to send them a turd as well so that they can have a look at that to see if I have Covid.

I haven't given Miss Morgan or anybody at the WAG permission to be testing my "waste water" so they must be breaching my human rights in some way.

However, if they ask me nicely I might send them a bottle of piss for them to check rather than them have to sneak round in the sewers desperately trying to find evidence to support their ridiculous restrictions.
davids

Re: Restrictions to be lifted in Scotland from this coming

Postby stickywicket » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:42 pm

Booster jab or lateral flow test in Scotland.
Any problems getting in ask Novak
stickywicket

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:24 am

Time for All 4 Nations to be on the same page .
TopCat CCFC

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 am

So Wales will be the only nation on the mainland playing to empty stadiums next week
fred keenor

Postby neathbluebird » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Drakeford keeps saying he's following the science to keep Wales safe..well interesting article on how Spanish family doctors society are now urging their government to abolish all restrictions including face masks & requirement to isolate https://www.surinenglish.com/spain/trea ... 07-nt.html
neathbluebird

Return to General Chat